Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default bean & beef burger

This came to my inbox today
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/m...rs-recipe.html
I've made sloppy joes with equal parts ground meat and mushrooms
(which was totally yummy), but I'm having trouble visualizing black
beans. If I chose a bean to use this way, I'd choose pintos because
they seem meaty to me.

What's your opinion, would black beans work for you?

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> This came to my inbox today
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/m...rs-recipe.html
> I've made sloppy joes with equal parts ground meat and mushrooms
> (which was totally yummy), but I'm having trouble visualizing black
> beans. If I chose a bean to use this way, I'd choose pintos because
> they seem meaty to me.
>
> What's your opinion, would black beans work for you?

For starters, I can't see the point of mixing beef and beans in a burger but
if I were to make it, then yes, the black beans would work.

These are what we used to eat:

http://www.sunshineburger.com/

I liked the black bean and Angela liked the BBQ. She prepared hers as
directed and ate on a plate with no bun. I accidentally cooked mine too
much until it was slightly crunchy and I discovered that I liked it better
this way. I could just pick it up and eat it. No bun for me either. I see
now that they have falafel now. I will have to look for those.

Although we did like them, it is just far cheaper to eat plain beans or
beans and rice so I mainly just do that. I did buy them when we had that
health food store around the corner but otherwise I won't go out of my way
for them. Not because I don't like them. I am just as happy though to pop
open a can of beans.

As for pinto beans, I tend to eat them plain, refried or in burritos or bean
tacos. I don't care for them so much in things. I think kidney beans are
more flavorful and I will use those in things like chili. I've had pinto
beans in chili and I find it to be just meh. However, I sometimes make a
quick bean and corn chili. Just three cans of assorted beans, one can of
corn and a jar of salsa. That's how the recipe is written but I will doctor
it up. In that case, I might use pintos but I would also use two other
kinds.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 2, 2014 5:24:19 PM UTC+10, sf wrote:

> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/m...rs-recipe.html
> I've made sloppy joes with equal parts ground meat and mushrooms
> (which was totally yummy), but I'm having trouble visualizing black
> beans. If I chose a bean to use this way, I'd choose pintos because
> they seem meaty to me.
>
> What's your opinion, would black beans work for you?

They'd work for me. It's mostly beef, with just a little bit of mashed bean gluing it together. Should work OK as a binder - mashed beans work as a binder for bean burgers (I usually use about 50% mashed, 50% whole.)

I wouldn't be fussy about the type of beans, with that small amount. I'd probably use kidney beans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 02:28:25 -0700 (PDT), Timo >
wrote:

> Should work OK as a binder - mashed beans work as a binder for bean burgers (I usually use about 50% mashed, 50% whole.)

You just use mashed beans, not an egg or mayonnaise as a binder?
Where do you stand on bread crumbs? TIA

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 2, 2014 3:24:19 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> This came to my inbox today
>
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/m...rs-recipe.html
>
> I've made sloppy joes with equal parts ground meat and mushrooms
>
> (which was totally yummy), but I'm having trouble visualizing black
>
> beans. If I chose a bean to use this way, I'd choose pintos because
>
> they seem meaty to me.
>

> What's your opinion, would black beans work for you?

No way. Red kidney beans all the way. They're the best! btw, I'm trying to get back in good with you. Hope you forgive my abuse. Like I said before, I'm doing positive things to help my anger. And it's working.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 10:07:31 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

> On Monday, June 2, 2014 3:24:19 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> > This came to my inbox today
> >
> > http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/m...rs-recipe.html
> >
> > I've made sloppy joes with equal parts ground meat and mushrooms
> >
> > (which was totally yummy), but I'm having trouble visualizing black
> >
> > beans. If I chose a bean to use this way, I'd choose pintos because
> >
> > they seem meaty to me.
> >

> > What's your opinion, would black beans work for you?
> >

> No way. Red kidney beans all the way. They're the best! btw, I'm trying to get back in good with you. Hope you forgive my abuse. Like I said before, I'm doing positive things to help my anger. And it's working.

Thanks for the multiple apologies. It's a good start - time will tell
the rest. Don't be another Andy.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 1:54:07 AM UTC+10, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 02:28:25 -0700 (PDT), Timo >
> wrote:
>
> > Should work OK as a binder - mashed beans work as a binder for bean burgers (I usually use about 50% mashed, 50% whole.)

> You just use mashed beans, not an egg or mayonnaise as a binder?
> Where do you stand on bread crumbs? TIA

For my usual bean burgers, just mashed beans, whole beans, cumin, garlic (or garlic powder), chilli powder (i.e., powdered chiles). The mashed beans are enough binder.

Never tried bread crumbs in bean burgers. No objection to them in beef burgers; they help keep them soft. I don't usually put them in beef/lamb burgers/patties/kotlets, but that's because I don't bother, rather than avoiding them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 16:05:05 -0700 (PDT), Timo >
wrote:

> For my usual bean burgers, just mashed beans, whole beans, cumin, garlic (or garlic powder), chilli powder (i.e., powdered chiles). The mashed beans are enough binder.
>
> Never tried bread crumbs in bean burgers.

Thanks! I'm going to try that.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Flashing Ferrets was: bean & beef burger

sf wrote:
>Timo wrote:
>
>>For my usual bean burgers, just mashed beans, whole beans, cumin,
>>garlic (or garlic powder), chilli powder (i.e., powdered chiles). The mashed
>>beans are enough binder.

>Thanks! I'm going to try that.

Then thank him for making your ass even bigger... soon they'll charge
you tandem axle rates to cross the Golden Gate bridge... you're
hauling quite a trailer back there... looks like a ton of cellulitic
rutabagas, wide load sf... oh, baby, I'd love to fill your tires! LOL
Gary just volunteered to be your pilot car driver, he's got flashing
ferret lights! LOL-LOL
http://www.wholesalemagneticsigns.co...d/2412wide.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oversize_load
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 2, 2014 9:02:02 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> sf wrote:
>
> >Timo wrote:

> >>For my usual bean burgers, just mashed beans, whole beans, cumin,

> >>garlic (or garlic powder), chilli powder (i.e., powdered chiles). The mashed

> >>beans are enough binder.

> >Thanks! I'm going to try that.

> Then thank him for making your ass even bigger... soon they'll charge
>
> you tandem axle rates to cross the Golden Gate bridge... you're
>
> hauling quite a trailer back there... looks like a ton of cellulitic
>
> rutabagas, wide load sf... oh, baby, I'd love to fill your tires! LOL
>
> Gary just volunteered to be your pilot car driver, he's got flashing
>
> ferret lights! LOL-LOL

If you weren't such a German hater, I'd think you were hilarious. My Mum hated Rutabagas. She called them Rutabeggers. We had to make them at the country Inn we owned. Horrible stuff, but the farmers liked them. Mashed rutabeggers with brown sugar and shit. btw, when I'm naked and look at myself in the mirror, I could just **** myself. That's how sexy I am. You? And I'm soon to be 59. My Serbian bitch of a girlfriend is a very healthy 25. She has beauty and an excellent strong physique. I can't stand her. She's very spooky.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 18:17:45 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 2, 2014 9:02:02 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> sf wrote:

>> >Thanks! I'm going to try that.

>> Then thank him for making your ass even bigger... soon they'll charge
>>
>> you tandem axle rates to cross the Golden Gate bridge... you're
>>
>> hauling quite a trailer back there... looks like a ton of cellulitic
>>
>> rutabagas, wide load sf... oh, baby, I'd love to fill your tires! LOL
>>
>> Gary just volunteered to be your pilot car driver, he's got flashing
>>
>> ferret lights! LOL-LOL
>>

>If you weren't such a German hater, I'd think you were hilarious. My Mum hated Rutabagas.

Shut it you cheap moose mother****er who can't afford a real
newsreader... you poor POS welfare foodstamp douchebag. Your mommy
hated rutabagas because they had such skinny pricks, your mommy craves
big fat moose pricks, and she dosen't care whose, so long as they pay
her section 8 moose hoe rent. From now on your cute little mommy is
my semen swallowing hoe.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf[_9_] View Post
This came to my inbox today
Beef and Black Bean Sliders Recipe : Melissa d'Arabian : Food Network
I've made sloppy joes with equal parts ground meat and mushrooms
(which was totally yummy), but I'm having trouble visualizing black
beans. If I chose a bean to use this way, I'd choose pintos because
they seem meaty to me.

What's your opinion, would black beans work for you?

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Good Memories.
Should work good. Several eateries up around Wichita Falls are very proud to dispense what are called Beanie Burgers. After and exhaustive investigation they appear to be cheese burgers to which a healthy dollop of refried pinto beans has been dispensed. Folks are always raving about how good they are and they argue which place has the best etc. Refried black beans should be just about as good and prob make Cuban immigrants feel more at home.

Stanley's - Wichita Falls, TX | Yelp
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 2, 2014 9:48:00 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 18:17:45 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
>
> > wrote:

> >> Then thank him for making your ass even bigger... soon they'll charge

> >> you tandem axle rates to cross the Golden Gate bridge... you're

> >> hauling quite a trailer back there... looks like a ton of cellulitic

> >> rutabagas, wide load sf... oh, baby, I'd love to fill your tires! LOL

> >> Gary just volunteered to be your pilot car driver, he's got flashing

> >> ferret lights! LOL-LOL

> >If you weren't such a German hater, I'd think you were hilarious. My Mum hated Rutabagas.

> Shut it you cheap moose mother****er who can't afford a real
>
> newsreader... you poor POS welfare foodstamp douchebag. Your mommy
>
> hated rutabagas because they had such skinny pricks, your mommy craves
>
> big fat moose pricks, and she dosen't care whose, so long as they pay
>
> her section 8 moose hoe rent. From now on your cute little mommy is
>
> my semen swallowing hoe.

Well you're almost hilarious. You need to try harder though. You were OK until the last sentence. You were funny up until then. Now I'm offended. I wouldn't **** you with your cock. If I had two dicks, I wouldn't **** you with either one. You stupid faggot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
>A Moose wrote:
>
>> Well you're almost hilarious. You need to try harder though.

>You're getting a clue about why having a kill file is handy,

Obviously kill files don't work... talk about weak minded, sf has no
mind... just a huge ass! LOL-LOL

>you're wrong about the faggot part. He's just an old man who is
>plunging down hill mentally. As far as I can tell, he's mostly by
>himself so there's no one to keep him in line or commit him (which is
>a reasonable option at this point). He's just a weirdo living in the
>sticks who gets his jollies on usenet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,can.politics

On 6/3/2014 8:20 PM, A Moose in Love wrote:
> Now I'm offended. I wouldn't **** you with your cock. If I had two dicks, I wouldn't **** you with either one. You stupid faggot.

Shut up Nazi, no one wants to hear one more word from you.

"I admire the Zell character in 'Marathon Man.' Except for the end part
where he gets humiliated and has to eat his diamonds.
I'm a Nazi.
Really."

Posted to rec.food.cooking,can.politics

On 6/2/2014 11:07 AM, A Moose in Love wrote:
> btw, I'm trying to get back in good with you. Hope you forgive my abuse. Like I said before, I'm doing positive things to help my anger. And it's working.

Shut up Nazi, no one wants to hear one more word from you.

"I admire the Zell character in 'Marathon Man.' Except for the end part
where he gets humiliated and has to eat his diamonds.
I'm a Nazi.
Really."
Posted to rec.food.cooking,can.geneeral

On 6/2/2014 7:17 PM, A Moose in Love wrote:
> If you weren't such a German hater, I'd think you were hilarious.

Shut up Nazi, no one wants to hear one more word from you.

"I admire the Zell character in 'Marathon Man.' Except for the end part
where he gets humiliated and has to eat his diamonds.
I'm a Nazi.
Really."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:24:32 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 19:20:04 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
>
> > wrote:
>

> > Well you're almost hilarious. You need to try harder though. You were OK until the last sentence. You were funny up until then. Now I'm offended. I wouldn't **** you with your cock. If I had two dicks, I wouldn't **** you with either one. You stupid faggot.

> You're getting a clue about why having a kill file is handy, except
>
> you're wrong about the faggot part. He's just an old man who is
>
> plunging down hill mentally. As far as I can tell, he's mostly by
>
> himself so there's no one to keep him in line or commit him (which is
>
> a reasonable option at this point). He's just a weirdo living in the
>
> sticks who gets his jollies on usenet.

I didn't think he was a fagot. I just said that to annoy him.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:45:28 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> sf wrote:
>
> >A Moose wrote:

> >> Well you're almost hilarious. You need to try harder though.

> >You're getting a clue about why having a kill file is handy,

> Obviously kill files don't work... talk about weak minded, sf has no
>
> mind... just a huge ass! LOL-LOL

I don't have kill file capability, and if I did, I wouldn't use that property.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Jun 2014 10:30:52 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:24:32 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
>> On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 19:20:04 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
>>
>> > wrote:
>>

>> > Well you're almost hilarious. You need to try harder though. You were OK until the last sentence. You were funny up until then. Now I'm offended. I wouldn't **** you with your cock. If I had two dicks, I wouldn't **** you with either one. You stupid faggot.

>> You're getting a clue about why having a kill file is handy, except
>>
>> you're wrong about the faggot part. He's just an old man who is
>>
>> plunging down hill mentally. As far as I can tell, he's mostly by
>>
>> himself so there's no one to keep him in line or commit him (which is
>>
>> a reasonable option at this point). He's just a weirdo living in the
>>
>> sticks who gets his jollies on usenet.
>>

>I didn't think he was a fagot. I just said that to annoy him.

Obviously you're new, T. Rex hasn't thicker skin. Actually I live for
people here attempting to annoy me. LOL And it's "faggot" with 2
g's... easy to remember like how queer has 2 e's! LOL
To me "***" is the most derogotory word describing a homo... if I were
a fag (not) I'd rather be called anything but ***... *** invokes a
mental deficiency, as in someone who is so inanely happy 24/7 that
they are so out of touch with reality that they should be locked away
at a funny farm... hmm, perhaps *** is the correct word. hehe
I always thought homo is a mental illness, I still do. *** is no
different from paranoid schizophrenic.

*** : given to social pleasures; also : licentious
: compulsive masturbator

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

On 6/4/2014 11:31 AM, A Moose in Love wrote:
> I don't have kill file capability, and if I did, I wouldn't use that property.

Shut up Nazi, no one wants to hear one more word from you.

"I admire the Zell character in 'Marathon Man.' Except for the end part
where he gets humiliated and has to eat his diamonds.
I'm a Nazi.
Really."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2014 11:30 AM, A Moose in Love wrote:
> I didn't think he was a fagot. I just said that to annoy him.

Shut up Nazi, no one wants to hear one more word from you.

"I admire the Zell character in 'Marathon Man.' Except for the end part
where he gets humiliated and has to eat his diamonds.
I'm a Nazi.
Really."
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

In article >, nazi hunter > wrote:

> On 6/4/2014 11:31 AM, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > I don't have kill file capability, and if I did, I wouldn't use that
> > property.

> Shut up Nazi, no one wants to hear one more word from you.

Isn't Flashing Ferrets the latest boy band?

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
Icke's razor: Given two equally plausible explanations, choose the weirder.