Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Teen faces life in prison over hash brownies"

I swear, this sounds like something from one of Woody
Allen's old books. Or the Onion.

http://news.yahoo.com/life-in-prison...150807587.html

First half:

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News 8 hours ago
Yahoo News

A Texas teenager is facing five years to life
in prison for allegedly baking and selling pot
brownies.

Jacob Lavoro, a 19-year-old from Round Rock,
Texas, was charged with a first degree felony
because he used hash oil instead of marijuana,
allowing the state to weigh the brownies as a
whole -- including the sugar, cocoa, butter and
other ingredients -- to calculate the weight of
the drugs.

Police searched Lavoro's apartment, where they
allegedly found 660 grams -- or 1.45 pounds --
of baked goods (six bags of cookies, nine bags
of brownies) along with 16 ounces of marijuana
and $1,675 in cash.

"I've been doing this 22 years as a lawyer and
I've got 10 years as a police officer and I've
never seen anything like this before," Jack
Holmes, Lavoro's attorney, told KHON-TV. "They've
weighed baked goods in this case. It ought to
be a misdemeanor."

Hash oil, classified as a "Penalty 2" controlled
substance under Texas law, contains a higher
concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC,
the active ingredient in marijuana.

The teen's father, Joe Lavoro, called the possibility
of his son spending life behind bars for a hash brownie
recipe "outrageous."

"Five years to life? I'm sorry, I'm a law abiding
citizen. I'm a conservative. I love my country.
I'm a Vietnam veteran, but I'll be damned," Lavoro
said. "This is illogical. I'm really upset, and I'm
frightened, I'm frightened for my son."..

(snip)

Lenona.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I swear, this sounds like something from one of Woody
>Allen's old books. Or the Onion.

http://news.yahoo.com/life-in-prison...150807587.html

>First half:
>
> By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News 8 hours ago
>Yahoo News
>
>A Texas teenager is facing five years to life
>in prison for allegedly baking and selling pot
>brownies.
>
>Jacob Lavoro, a 19-year-old from Round Rock,
>Texas, was charged with a first degree felony
>because he used hash oil instead of marijuana,
>allowing the state to weigh the brownies as a
>whole -- including the sugar, cocoa, butter and
>other ingredients -- to calculate the weight of
>the drugs.
>
>Police searched Lavoro's apartment, where they
>allegedly found 660 grams -- or 1.45 pounds --
>of baked goods (six bags of cookies, nine bags
>of brownies) along with 16 ounces of marijuana
>and $1,675 in cash.
>
>"I've been doing this 22 years as a lawyer and
>I've got 10 years as a police officer and I've
>never seen anything like this before," Jack
>Holmes, Lavoro's attorney, told KHON-TV. "They've
>weighed baked goods in this case. It ought to
>be a misdemeanor."
>
>Hash oil, classified as a "Penalty 2" controlled
>substance under Texas law, contains a higher
>concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC,
>the active ingredient in marijuana.
>
>The teen's father, Joe Lavoro, called the possibility
>of his son spending life behind bars for a hash brownie
>recipe "outrageous."
>
>"Five years to life? I'm sorry, I'm a law abiding
>citizen. I'm a conservative. I love my country.
>I'm a Vietnam veteran, but I'll be damned," Lavoro
>said. "This is illogical. I'm really upset, and I'm
>frightened, I'm frightened for my son."..

Um, why is he frightened for his son... he should have been a better
father.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 May 2014 16:43:26 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>I swear, this sounds like something from one of Woody
>Allen's old books. Or the Onion.

http://news.yahoo.com/life-in-prison...150807587.html

>First half:
>
> By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News 8 hours ago
>Yahoo News
>
>A Texas teenager is facing five years to life
>in prison for allegedly baking and selling pot
>brownies.
>
>Jacob Lavoro, a 19-year-old from Round Rock,
>Texas, was charged with a first degree felony
>because he used hash oil instead of marijuana,
>allowing the state to weigh the brownies as a
>whole -- including the sugar, cocoa, butter and
>other ingredients -- to calculate the weight of
>the drugs.
>
>Police searched Lavoro's apartment, where they
>allegedly found 660 grams -- or 1.45 pounds --
>of baked goods (six bags of cookies, nine bags
>of brownies) along with 16 ounces of marijuana
>and $1,675 in cash.
>
>"I've been doing this 22 years as a lawyer and
>I've got 10 years as a police officer and I've
>never seen anything like this before," Jack
>Holmes, Lavoro's attorney, told KHON-TV. "They've
>weighed baked goods in this case. It ought to
>be a misdemeanor."
>
>Hash oil, classified as a "Penalty 2" controlled
>substance under Texas law, contains a higher
>concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC,
>the active ingredient in marijuana.
>
>The teen's father, Joe Lavoro, called the possibility
>of his son spending life behind bars for a hash brownie
>recipe "outrageous."
>
>"Five years to life? I'm sorry, I'm a law abiding
>citizen. I'm a conservative. I love my country.
>I'm a Vietnam veteran, but I'll be damned," Lavoro
>said. "This is illogical. I'm really upset, and I'm
>frightened, I'm frightened for my son."..
>
>(snip)
>

>Lenona.

Hash Oil is some great stuff! Had some years ago. :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2014 1:57 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Um, why is he frightened for his son... he should have been a better
> father.

You wouldn't say that if it was a cat facing life in prison over some
catnip brownies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 May 2014 16:43:26 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>I swear, this sounds like something from one of Woody
>Allen's old books. Or the Onion.

http://news.yahoo.com/life-in-prison...150807587.html

Heh, the 'drug war' insanity continues. All for the vested interests
of the prison and pharmaceutical industries, and their miscellaneous
lackeys, of course.

Believe it or not, right now as I type this I'm finishing off a kilo
of 'butter' - 1KG of local butter and 1KG of our best buds. Very
gently simmered and broken down over 10 days or so.
A ¼ teaspoon of this is plenty for most people.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-21, Jeßus > wrote:

> Believe it or not, right now as I type this I'm finishing off a kilo
> of 'butter' - 1KG of local butter and 1KG of our best buds. Very
> gently simmered and broken down over 10 days or so.
> A ¼ teaspoon of this is plenty for most people.

Whatever floats yer boat. I gave the issue much thought over the last
yr. It's now legal in CO and I can run riot. I considered it to help
cut back on drinking. When I did the noble weed, before, I didn't
drink. And I did it hard and heavy for waaay too many yrs. Do I
wanna go back?

I gotta neighbor about my age that's all about cannabis. Got butter,
foods, plants, buds --A Little Shop of Horrors sized plant!-- etc.
Tried to offer me some. I hesitated. He left for the Winter. When
he came back, I still was undecided. It finally hit me, a couple
weeks ago. No. I'll not go back. They don't call it "stupid stick"
for nothing.
nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 21 May 2014 01:59:49 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2014-05-21, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>> Believe it or not, right now as I type this I'm finishing off a kilo
>> of 'butter' - 1KG of local butter and 1KG of our best buds. Very
>> gently simmered and broken down over 10 days or so.
>> A ¼ teaspoon of this is plenty for most people.

>Whatever floats yer boat. I gave the issue much thought over the last
>yr. It's now legal in CO and I can run riot.

You could have 'run riot' before it was made legal, but anyway...

>I considered it to help
>cut back on drinking. When I did the noble weed, before, I didn't
>drink. And I did it hard and heavy for waaay too many yrs. Do I
>wanna go back?

I don't know, I guess it depends what cannabis means to you and how it
affects you. You say you did it 'hard and heavy' for years and I'm
assuming it made you lazy or something? If so, I think you would be in
for a rude shock if you stayed here for a few days and saw what my
close circle of friends and I consume daily, cannabis-wise, and the
complete lack of negative side effects. We generally get up around 4AM
most days, we work at one of our respective properties, helping each
other. This year we've rebuilt my Hilux ute and a friends 20 ton
excavator (without any real lifting gear or workshop), rebuilt a road
through a swampy area (since the local council won't do it...) built 3
large dams, hay baling, fencing, etc. It simply doesnt slow us down,
in fact, quite the opposite.

I have a lot of lower back pain and now, sciatica in both legs... oh
and now my upper left arm/shoulder too (sigh). Prescription
painkillers are only temporarily effective, then become a liability.
Not so with cannabis, and it allows me to get at least a few hours
solid sleep, instead of getting out of bed tired every day.

>I gotta neighbor about my age that's all about cannabis. Got butter,
>foods, plants, buds --A Little Shop of Horrors sized plant!-- etc.
>Tried to offer me some. I hesitated. He left for the Winter. When
>he came back, I still was undecided. It finally hit me, a couple
>weeks ago. No. I'll not go back. They don't call it "stupid stick"
>for nothing.

?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-21, Jeßus > wrote:

> most days, we work at one of our respective properties, helping each
> other. This year we've rebuilt my Hilux ute and a friends 20 ton
> excavator (without any real lifting gear or workshop), rebuilt a road
> through a swampy area (since the local council won't do it...) built 3
> large dams, hay baling, fencing, etc. It simply doesnt slow us down,
> in fact, quite the opposite.

I did more brain work and less body work as I progressed, yet Miss
Mary was with me all the way. It was only when I took math classes
that I hadda lay off. I couldn't do math and 13. Apparently jes me,
as many others did.

I look back now, and wonder. Did it get me anything? Not really. I
remember is was the last connection my ex and I had before we finally
severed. How sad is that? Yeah, it was fun, but the downs were too
large. I remember the time I was too paranoid to take a trip to SF.
I wondered why. Why would I be afraid to go to SF? I later took a
heavy math class in community college and hadda lay off the bush.
Couple mos later, I couldn't imagine any reason to be afraid to go to
"The City". Paranoia, plain and simple. One of the only times I've
experienced it.

No, the users lie. It does have side effects. Negative ones. I'll
not go into detail, but in my case, they outweigh the bennies. I
pass.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-20 19:57, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>> "Five years to life? I'm sorry, I'm a law abiding
>> citizen. I'm a conservative. I love my country.
>> I'm a Vietnam veteran, but I'll be damned," Lavoro
>> said. "This is illogical. I'm really upset, and I'm
>> frightened, I'm frightened for my son."..

> Um, why is he frightened for his son... he should have been a better
> father.

I am having a little difficulty with the math here. The kid is 19. That
means he was born in 1994.... 21 years after the end of US involvement
in Vietnam, so he would have fathered this kid when he was in his 40s?
What was he smoking?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-20 23:23, notbob wrote:

> I look back now, and wonder. Did it get me anything? Not really. I
> remember is was the last connection my ex and I had before we finally
> severed. How sad is that? Yeah, it was fun, but the downs were too
> large. I remember the time I was too paranoid to take a trip to SF.
> I wondered why. Why would I be afraid to go to SF? I later took a
> heavy math class in community college and hadda lay off the bush.
> Couple mos later, I couldn't imagine any reason to be afraid to go to
> "The City". Paranoia, plain and simple. One of the only times I've
> experienced it.
>
> No, the users lie. It does have side effects. Negative ones. I'll
> not go into detail, but in my case, they outweigh the bennies. I
> pass.

Yep. A lot of us did it when we were younger and grew out of it. It can
make you a little paranoid and lethargic, but it is a vice, and should
not be a crime.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 May 2014 23:41:18 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2014-05-20 23:23, notbob wrote:
>
>> I look back now, and wonder. Did it get me anything? Not really. I
>> remember is was the last connection my ex and I had before we finally
>> severed. How sad is that? Yeah, it was fun, but the downs were too
>> large. I remember the time I was too paranoid to take a trip to SF.
>> I wondered why. Why would I be afraid to go to SF? I later took a
>> heavy math class in community college and hadda lay off the bush.
>> Couple mos later, I couldn't imagine any reason to be afraid to go to
>> "The City". Paranoia, plain and simple. One of the only times I've
>> experienced it.
>>
>> No, the users lie. It does have side effects. Negative ones. I'll
>> not go into detail, but in my case, they outweigh the bennies. I
>> pass.
>>

>Yep. A lot of us did it when we were younger and grew out of it. It can
>make you a little paranoid and lethargic, but it is a vice, and should
>not be a crime.

I give up. You two have horribly misplaced attitudes towards it and
assume it affects everyone in the same way.
Why would you even look at in terms of being a vice? The stigma is
certainly effective.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 May 2014 23:38:40 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>I am having a little difficulty with the math here. The kid is 19. That
>means he was born in 1994.... 21 years after the end of US involvement
>in Vietnam, so he would have fathered this kid when he was in his 40s?

And?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 5/20/2014 1:57 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> Um, why is he frightened for his son... he should have been a better
>> father.
>>

> You wouldn't say that if it was a cat facing life in prison over some
> catnip brownies.

Hehehehe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2014 11:55 PM, Jeßus wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2014 23:38:40 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> I am having a little difficulty with the math here. The kid is 19. That
>> means he was born in 1994.... 21 years after the end of US involvement
>> in Vietnam, so he would have fathered this kid when he was in his 40s?

> And?

My father was 40 when I was born, and I was the oldest. Didn't
think about it at the time, but he was 50 when my 'baby' brother
came along.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The really off-kilter thing about this prosecution is that the police weighed the entire batch of brownies to
get a weight they said was hash oil, which put his "crime" into major prison time potential. Like they
included the weight of the butter, flour, sugar, etc., which came to more than a pound, instead of calculating
the few ounces of actual hash oil that was in the recipe. And so far, they are refusing to back down.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2014 11:38 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-05-20 19:57, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>

>>> "Five years to life? I'm sorry, I'm a law abiding
>>> citizen. I'm a conservative. I love my country.
>>> I'm a Vietnam veteran, but I'll be damned," Lavoro
>>> said. "This is illogical. I'm really upset, and I'm
>>> frightened, I'm frightened for my son."..

>> Um, why is he frightened for his son... he should have been a better
>> father.
>>

> I am having a little difficulty with the math here. The kid is 19. That
> means he was born in 1994.... 21 years after the end of US involvement
> in Vietnam, so he would have fathered this kid when he was in his 40s?
> What was he smoking?

What makes you think men over 40 don't father children?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/21/2014 10:51 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/21/2014 10:13 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>

>>> I am having a little difficulty with the math here. The kid is 19. That
>>> means he was born in 1994.... 21 years after the end of US involvement
>>> in Vietnam, so he would have fathered this kid when he was in his 40s?
>>> What was he smoking?

>> What makes you think men over 40 don't father children?
>>
>> Jill

> I'm 68 and keep trying. It has not worked, but I blame my 67 year old
> wife.

ROFL!!!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/21/2014 10:13 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>> I am having a little difficulty with the math here. The kid is 19. That
>> means he was born in 1994.... 21 years after the end of US involvement
>> in Vietnam, so he would have fathered this kid when he was in his 40s?
>> What was he smoking?

> What makes you think men over 40 don't father children?
>
> Jill

I'm 68 and keep trying. It has not worked, but I blame my 67 year old
wife.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:58:39 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2014 16:43:26 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>

> >I swear, this sounds like something from one of Woody

> >Allen's old books. Or the Onion.

http://news.yahoo.com/life-in-prison...150807587.html

> >First half:

> > By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News 8 hours ago

> >Yahoo News

> >A Texas teenager is facing five years to life

> >in prison for allegedly baking and selling pot

> >brownies.

> >Jacob Lavoro, a 19-year-old from Round Rock,

> >Texas, was charged with a first degree felony

> >because he used hash oil instead of marijuana,

> >allowing the state to weigh the brownies as a

> >whole -- including the sugar, cocoa, butter and

> >other ingredients -- to calculate the weight of

> >the drugs.

> >Police searched Lavoro's apartment, where they

> >allegedly found 660 grams -- or 1.45 pounds --

> >of baked goods (six bags of cookies, nine bags

> >of brownies) along with 16 ounces of marijuana

> >and $1,675 in cash.

> >"I've been doing this 22 years as a lawyer and

> >I've got 10 years as a police officer and I've

> >never seen anything like this before," Jack

> >Holmes, Lavoro's attorney, told KHON-TV. "They've

> >weighed baked goods in this case. It ought to

> >be a misdemeanor."

> >Hash oil, classified as a "Penalty 2" controlled

> >substance under Texas law, contains a higher

> >concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC,

> >the active ingredient in marijuana.

> >The teen's father, Joe Lavoro, called the possibility

> >of his son spending life behind bars for a hash brownie

> >recipe "outrageous."

> >"Five years to life? I'm sorry, I'm a law abiding

> >citizen. I'm a conservative. I love my country.

> >I'm a Vietnam veteran, but I'll be damned," Lavoro

> >said. "This is illogical. I'm really upset, and I'm

> >frightened, I'm frightened for my son."..

> >(snip)

> >Lenona.

> Hash Oil is some great stuff! Had some years ago. :-)
>

> John Kuthe...

Yeah. It's a one toke maximum kind of dope. Extremely strong. Very very extremely strong. This case mentioned above shows that that law is extremely tyrannical.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-21, Jeßus > wrote:

> You two have horribly misplaced attitudes towards it and
> assume it affects everyone in the same way.

What are you doing, if not making misplaced assumptions?

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:37:46 PM UTC-4, Je�us wrote:
> On 21 May 2014 01:59:49 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>

> >On 2014-05-21, Je�us > wrote:

> >> Believe it or not, right now as I type this I'm finishing off a kilo

> >> of 'butter' - 1KG of local butter and 1KG of our best buds. Very

> >> gently simmered and broken down over 10 days or so.

> >> A � teaspoon of this is plenty for most people.

> >Whatever floats yer boat. I gave the issue much thought over the last

> >yr. It's now legal in CO and I can run riot.

> You could have 'run riot' before it was made legal, but anyway...

It's not really legal. It's still illegal under federal law.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 May 2014 08:00:00 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:58:39 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:

>> Hash Oil is some great stuff! Had some years ago. :-)
>>

>> John Kuthe...

>Yeah. It's a one toke maximum kind of dope. Extremely strong. Very very extremely strong. This case mentioned above shows that that law is extremely tyrannical.

It;s azbout as strong as you can get! I took more than one toke, but
then I've always been an extremist. I smoked myselkf straight one
time! 4 grams of hash in one evening. last one was a whole gram of
hash in the poipe, and I realised as I was smoking it that I was not
buzzed at all anymore! Very weird, but I guess I was just done for the
night!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 5/21/2014 10:13 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>

>>> I am having a little difficulty with the math here. The kid is 19. That
>>> means he was born in 1994.... 21 years after the end of US involvement
>>> in Vietnam, so he would have fathered this kid when he was in his 40s?
>>> What was he smoking?

>> What makes you think men over 40 don't father children?
>>
>> Jill

> I'm 68 and keep trying. It has not worked, but I blame my 67 year old
> wife.

awww lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 5/21/2014 10:13 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>

> >> I am having a little difficulty with the math here. The kid is 19. That
> >> means he was born in 1994.... 21 years after the end of US involvement
> >> in Vietnam, so he would have fathered this kid when he was in his 40s?
> >> What was he smoking?

> > What makes you think men over 40 don't father children?
> >
> > Jill

> I'm 68 and keep trying. It has not worked, but I blame my 67 year old
> wife.

Trust me, Ed. At your (and my) age, you do NOT want new children.
heheh

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> It;s azbout as strong as you can get! I took more than one toke, but
> then I've always been an extremist. I smoked myselkf straight one
> time! 4 grams of hash in one evening. last one was a whole gram of
> hash in the poipe, and I realised as I was smoking it that I was not
> buzzed at all anymore! Very weird, but I guess I was just done for the
> night!

You damn potheads/stoners/etc.
I got over it about 35 years ago. The weed was fun then but I don't
miss it now. Maybe this is why I find SNL boring these days? heheh

PS - good thing too as I hear it's so expensive now (on the black
market)...$200 per ounce vs the old $20 per ounce in 1971.

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-21 10:13 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>> I am having a little difficulty with the math here. The kid is 19. That
>> means he was born in 1994.... 21 years after the end of US involvement
>> in Vietnam, so he would have fathered this kid when he was in his 40s?
>> What was he smoking?

> What makes you think men over 40 don't father children?

They do, but not often. Most of us have already been through parenthood
and hope to avoid making that same mistake again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-20 11:54 PM, Jeßus wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2014 23:41:18 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2014-05-20 23:23, notbob wrote:
>>
>>> I look back now, and wonder. Did it get me anything? Not really. I
>>> remember is was the last connection my ex and I had before we finally
>>> severed. How sad is that? Yeah, it was fun, but the downs were too
>>> large. I remember the time I was too paranoid to take a trip to SF.
>>> I wondered why. Why would I be afraid to go to SF? I later took a
>>> heavy math class in community college and hadda lay off the bush.
>>> Couple mos later, I couldn't imagine any reason to be afraid to go to
>>> "The City". Paranoia, plain and simple. One of the only times I've
>>> experienced it.
>>>
>>> No, the users lie. It does have side effects. Negative ones. I'll
>>> not go into detail, but in my case, they outweigh the bennies. I
>>> pass.
>>>

>> Yep. A lot of us did it when we were younger and grew out of it. It can
>> make you a little paranoid and lethargic, but it is a vice, and should
>> not be a crime.

> I give up. You two have horribly misplaced attitudes towards it and
> assume it affects everyone in the same way.
> Why would you even look at in terms of being a vice? The stigma is
> certainly effective.

I don't know WTF you mean by misplace attitudes, but then I am also lost
about your presumption that I assume it affects everyone in the same
way. I did agree that it can make you lethargic and it a little paranoid.

The reason I look at it as a vice might involve having to explain the
definition of vice. It is not really good for you, but it is not as bad
as some people think it is, and I don't think that we should be spending
a lot of money enforcing drug laws and sending people to jail for it.
Jail sentences should be reserved for violent offenders.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 May 2014 15:02:26 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> It;s azbout as strong as you can get! I took more than one toke, but
>> then I've always been an extremist. I smoked myselkf straight one
>> time! 4 grams of hash in one evening. last one was a whole gram of
>> hash in the poipe, and I realised as I was smoking it that I was not
>> buzzed at all anymore! Very weird, but I guess I was just done for the
>> night!

>You damn potheads/stoners/etc.
>I got over it about 35 years ago. The weed was fun then but I don't
>miss it now. Maybe this is why I find SNL boring these days? heheh
>
>PS - good thing too as I hear it's so expensive now (on the black
>market)...$200 per ounce vs the old $20 per ounce in 1971.
>
>G.

Yeah but the weed is so much BETTER now! Just bunches of big tops! No
seeds, stems just holding trhe top together, it's all sensemilla and
potent as ****! True one hit shit! Although I like 2 or 3!

And I paid $15/oz in 1974, for crappy "Mexican". Lots of stems, seeds,
and we were lucky to get a top!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> ... I don't think that we should be spending
> a lot of money enforcing drug laws and sending people to jail for it.
> Jail sentences should be reserved for violent offenders.

I agree.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:44:51 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> > > What makes you think men over 40 don't father children?

> > > Jill

> > I'm 68 and keep trying. It has not worked, but I blame my 67 year old

> > wife.

> Trust me, Ed. At your (and my) age, you do NOT want new children.
>
> heheh

Old guys have children because they marry young things that mostly need a stable environment and a sperm donor. It's a win-win situation - well, at the start anyway.
..

> G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-20 19:57, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>> "Five years to life? I'm sorry, I'm a law abiding
>> citizen. I'm a conservative. I love my country.
>> I'm a Vietnam veteran, but I'll be damned," Lavoro
>> said. "This is illogical. I'm really upset, and I'm
>> frightened, I'm frightened for my son."..

> Um, why is he frightened for his son... he should have been a better
> father.

I am having a little difficulty with the math here. The kid is 19. That
means he was born in 1994.... 21 years after the end of US involvement
in Vietnam, so he would have fathered this kid when he was in his 40s?
What was he smoking?
My middle son is almost 21, and he has had two girlfriends his age whose
dads were Vietnam vets.
What's so weird about it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,can.politics,uk.politics.misc

On 5/21/2014 9:00 AM, A Moose in Love wrote:
> Yeah. It's a one toke maximum kind of dope. Extremely strong.

Shut up Nazi, no one wants to hear one more word from you.

"I admire the Zell character in 'Marathon Man.' Except for the end part
where he gets humiliated and has to eat his diamonds.
I'm a Nazi.
Really."
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks,can.general

On 5/21/2014 9:18 AM, A Goose in Love wrote:
> It's not really legal. It's still illegal under federal law.

Shut up Nazi, no one wants to hear one more word from you.

"I admire the Zell character in 'Marathon Man.' Except for the end part
where he gets humiliated and has to eat his diamonds.
I'm a Nazi.
Really."
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks,can.general

On Wed, 21 May 2014 14:57:42 -0600, nazi hunter >
wrote:

>On 5/21/2014 9:18 AM, A Goose in Love wrote:
>> It's not really legal. It's still illegal under federal law.

>Shut up Nazi, no one wants to hear one more word from you.

Texas has a dumbass law where ALL the ingredients (total weight
of the brownies) are considered an illegal drug just because
they were mixed with the hash oil.

That is really, really dumb. That would be tantamount to
locking somebody up for life for possession of 200 pounds
of cocaine just because a few grams were snorted and
became mixed with the body.

--
Sir Gregory

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 May 2014 08:18:49 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 5/20/2014 11:55 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 May 2014 23:38:40 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I am having a little difficulty with the math here. The kid is 19. That
>>> means he was born in 1994.... 21 years after the end of US involvement
>>> in Vietnam, so he would have fathered this kid when he was in his 40s?

>> And?

>My father was 40 when I was born, and I was the oldest. Didn't
>think about it at the time, but he was 50 when my 'baby' brother
>came along.

I know a few families like that around here. Actually, a couple of my
friends, John must be around 60 and Wendy mid-40's respectively are
expecting soon. They have a 5 y/o daughter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 May 2014 11:12:23 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>On Wed, 21 May 2014 08:00:00 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:58:39 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:

>>> Hash Oil is some great stuff! Had some years ago. :-)
>>>

>>> John Kuthe...

>>Yeah. It's a one toke maximum kind of dope. Extremely strong. Very very extremely strong. This case mentioned above shows that that law is extremely tyrannical.

>It;s azbout as strong as you can get! I took more than one toke, but
>then I've always been an extremist.

ROTFL. You don't know what strong is. One toke of anything isn't much.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 May 2014 15:02:26 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> It;s azbout as strong as you can get! I took more than one toke, but
>> then I've always been an extremist. I smoked myselkf straight one
>> time! 4 grams of hash in one evening. last one was a whole gram of
>> hash in the poipe, and I realised as I was smoking it that I was not
>> buzzed at all anymore! Very weird, but I guess I was just done for the
>> night!

>You damn potheads/stoners/etc.
>I got over it about 35 years ago. The weed was fun then but I don't
>miss it now. Maybe this is why I find SNL boring these days? heheh
>
>PS - good thing too as I hear it's so expensive now (on the black
>market)...$200 per ounce vs the old $20 per ounce in 1971.

What was your wage in 1971?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 21 May 2014 15:01:33 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2014-05-21, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>> You two have horribly misplaced attitudes towards it and
>> assume it affects everyone in the same way.

>What are you doing, if not making misplaced assumptions?

Sorry if I misunderstood you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 May 2014 15:25:57 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2014-05-20 11:54 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 May 2014 23:41:18 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> Yep. A lot of us did it when we were younger and grew out of it. It can
>>> make you a little paranoid and lethargic, but it is a vice, and should
>>> not be a crime.

>> I give up. You two have horribly misplaced attitudes towards it and
>> assume it affects everyone in the same way.
>> Why would you even look at in terms of being a vice? The stigma is
>> certainly effective.
>>

>I don't know WTF you mean by misplace attitudes, but then I am also lost
>about your presumption that I assume it affects everyone in the same
>way. I did agree that it can make you lethargic and it a little paranoid.

Sorry, just being a little defensive but too many people focus on the
negatives and never the positives. It's wonderful for me, because it
allows me to get a reasonable night's sleep vs. 2 hours solid sleep
per night, minimised my lower back pain. Every single pharmaceutical
I've tried either doesnt work, or works with unpleasant side effects
and being a pill, has long term health issues anyway.

>The reason I look at it as a vice might involve having to explain the
>definition of vice. It is not really good for you,

That's certainly debatable, since there's never been a single proven
case of physical harm from cannabis in medical history. Psychological?
Perhaps, although that's like asking what came first - the chicken or
egg. I'd regard peanut butter as being much more potentially harmful

>but it is not as bad
>as some people think it is, and I don't think that we should be spending
>a lot of money enforcing drug laws and sending people to jail for it.
>Jail sentences should be reserved for violent offenders.

Indeed. it's all about vested interests, ultimately.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 May 2014 06:50:01 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>The really off-kilter thing about this prosecution is that the police weighed the entire batch of brownies to
>get a weight they said was hash oil, which put his "crime" into major prison time potential. Like they
>included the weight of the butter, flour, sugar, etc., which came to more than a pound, instead of calculating
>the few ounces of actual hash oil that was in the recipe.

That seems to be standard procedure in many countries, they bust
someone with cannabis and they will weigh the entire plant - roots and
all, if possible.

>And so far, they are refusing to back down.

I really doubt he/she will do any real prison time.