Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Summer Food Service Program

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sfsp/summer-...e-program-sfsp

The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) was established to ensure that low-
income children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not
in session. Free meals, that meet Federal nutrition guidelines, are
provided to all children 18 years old and under at approved SFSP sites in
areas with significant concentrations of low-income children.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> http://www.fns.usda.gov/sfsp/summer-...e-program-sfsp
>
> The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) was established to ensure that low-
> income children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not
> in session. Free meals, that meet Federal nutrition guidelines, are
> provided to all children 18 years old and under at approved SFSP sites in
> areas with significant concentrations of low-income children.

We have that here but... They only have the food available at a few schools
and for some kids that would mean about a 6 mile walk. I don't think there
are any buses that go there in the summer.

Program Guide on Food Network sf[_9_] General Cooking 26 21-10-2010 12:24 PM
Food Service lrosen General 0 25-03-2009 09:02 PM
Food Service Meatballs Cheri Diabetic 2 01-10-2008 10:56 PM
'Veggie Patch' program: Kids scout for healthy food Fred Goodwin, CMA General Cooking 2 03-06-2007 07:11 PM