Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breakfast for Dinner

I'm far to full to eat dinner or even cook anything complicated. I'm
making my boys breakfast for dinner -- bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, and
oranges. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 May 2014 16:17:04 -0500, Tara >
wrote:

>I'm far to full to eat dinner or even cook anything complicated. I'm
>making my boys breakfast for dinner -- bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, and
>oranges. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here.

Who cares about such rules? Eat what you want, when you want

I had potato, garlic, onion, bacon, cherry tomatoes, kale and grated
vintage cheese for breakfast this morning.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 May 2014 16:17:04 -0500, Tara >
> wrote:
>
>>I'm far to full to eat dinner or even cook anything complicated. I'm
>>making my boys breakfast for dinner -- bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, and
>>oranges. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here.

> Who cares about such rules? Eat what you want, when you want

Amen to that

> I had potato, garlic, onion, bacon, cherry tomatoes, kale and grated
> vintage cheese for breakfast this morning.

I cooked a breakfast for dh this morning but I just had hard boiled eggs,
tomatoes and mayo! Just hit the spot

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 May 2014 12:04:26 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 08 May 2014 16:17:04 -0500, Tara >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm far to full to eat dinner or even cook anything complicated. I'm
>>>making my boys breakfast for dinner -- bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, and
>>>oranges. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here.

>> Who cares about such rules? Eat what you want, when you want

>Amen to that
>
>> I had potato, garlic, onion, bacon, cherry tomatoes, kale and grated
>> vintage cheese for breakfast this morning.

>I cooked a breakfast for dh this morning but I just had hard boiled eggs,
>tomatoes and mayo! Just hit the spot

Sounds good, I don't use enough mayo
Most of my breakfasts are cooked, since I don't eat cereal and try to
limit my intake of wheat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 9 May 2014 12:04:26 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Who cares about such rules? Eat what you want, when you want

>>Amen to that
>>
>>> I had potato, garlic, onion, bacon, cherry tomatoes, kale and grated
>>> vintage cheese for breakfast this morning.

>>I cooked a breakfast for dh this morning but I just had hard boiled eggs,
>>tomatoes and mayo! Just hit the spot

> Sounds good, I don't use enough mayo
> Most of my breakfasts are cooked, since I don't eat cereal and try to
> limit my intake of wheat.

Same here with carbs in general. Now if I could just cut out the G&Ts in
the evenings ... yes I know, but they are still a lot of calories

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in
:

> Same here with carbs in general. Now if I could just cut out the G&Ts
> in the evenings ... yes I know, but they are still a lot of calories

<100 calories per shot. How many do you drink?

--
--Bryan
You can cover up your guts, but when you cover up your nuts
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:35:32 PM UTC-4, Je�us wrote:
> On Thu, 08 May 2014 16:17:04 -0500, Tara >
>
> wrote:
>

> >I'm far to full to eat dinner or even cook anything complicated. I'm

> >making my boys breakfast for dinner -- bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, and

> >oranges. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here.

> Who cares about such rules? Eat what you want, when you want

I don't care about rules. I'll eat beef steak with white wine on the side. I just like white wine more than I like red wine.
There. I've come out of the closet.

> I had potato, garlic, onion, bacon, cherry tomatoes, kale and grated
>
> vintage cheese for breakfast this morning.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2014 5:45 PM, Stands With Fist wrote:

> I don't care about rules. I'll eat beef steak with white wine on the side. I just like white wine more than I like red wine.
> There. I've come out of the closet.

I like both red and white, but I drink what I want, when I want. I've
done horrendous thing like putting an ice cub in the glass.

I don't think of them as rules, but recommendations.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 May 2014 23:00:34 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
>> Sounds good, I don't use enough mayo
>> Most of my breakfasts are cooked, since I don't eat cereal and try to
>> limit my intake of wheat.

>Same here with carbs in general. Now if I could just cut out the G&Ts in
>the evenings ... yes I know, but they are still a lot of calories

At least you'll never catch Malaria...

G&Ts was my drink of choice circa 1994, when I last lived in the
tropics.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 May 2014 14:45:22 -0700 (PDT), Stands With Fist
> wrote:

>On Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:35:32 PM UTC-4, Je�us wrote:
>> On Thu, 08 May 2014 16:17:04 -0500, Tara >
>>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >I'm far to full to eat dinner or even cook anything complicated. I'm

>> >making my boys breakfast for dinner -- bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, and

>> >oranges. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here.

>> Who cares about such rules? Eat what you want, when you want
>>

>I don't care about rules. I'll eat beef steak with white wine on the side. I just like white wine more than I like red wine.
>There.

Me too, but ideally I prefer not to drink grape wine at all. Love to
cook with the stuff though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 5/11/2014 5:45 PM, Stands With Fist wrote:
>

>> I don't care about rules. I'll eat beef steak with white wine on the
>> side. I just like white wine more than I like red wine.
>> There. I've come out of the closet.
>>

> I like both red and white, but I drink what I want, when I want. I've done
> horrendous thing like putting an ice cub in the glass.
>
> I don't think of them as rules, but recommendations.

Agreed I don't drink red wine but do cook with it. If I have anything to
drink it will be dry white.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 10 May 2014 23:00:34 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
>>> Sounds good, I don't use enough mayo
>>> Most of my breakfasts are cooked, since I don't eat cereal and try to
>>> limit my intake of wheat.

>>Same here with carbs in general. Now if I could just cut out the G&Ts in
>>the evenings ... yes I know, but they are still a lot of calories

> At least you'll never catch Malaria...

lol especially since I have Quinine Sulphate tablets for cramp)

> G&Ts was my drink of choice circa 1994, when I last lived in the
> tropics.

I learned to drink G&T in hot climes too)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" wrote in message

I'm far to full to eat dinner or even cook anything complicated. I'm
making my boys breakfast for dinner -- bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, and
oranges. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here.

Tara

~~~~~~~
I often do the same thing, but I really don't think of it as breakfast. I
will eat that meal any time of the day. The only time I would think of
something as "breakfast for dinner" would be if I had something like oatmeal
in the evening (a rarity for me, but I have done it). The meal you
described is actually one of my favorites!

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stands With Fist > wrote in
:

> I don't care about rules. I'll eat beef steak with white wine on the
> side. I just like white wine more than I like red wine. There. I've
> come out of the closet.

I much prefer white wine too, unoaked, not super dry, and preferably with
bubbles.

--
--Bryan
You can cover up your guts, but when you cover up your nuts
You're admitting that there must be something wrong.
-The Who https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FSZhCKbQZc
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" wrote in message

> I'm far to full to eat dinner or even cook anything complicated. I'm
> making my boys breakfast for dinner -- bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, and
> oranges. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here.
>
> Tara

My mother cooked breakfast for dinner, maybe twice during my childhood,
and we loved it. I cook a hot breakfast every morning, so we never have
breakfast for dinner. Sometimes, I will eat something else, I grow weary
of eggs, even though I cook them different ways.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-12 12:22 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:

> My mother cooked breakfast for dinner, maybe twice during my childhood,
> and we loved it. I cook a hot breakfast every morning, so we never have
> breakfast for dinner. Sometimes, I will eat something else, I grow weary
> of eggs, even though I cook them different ways.

Pancake day was always breakfast for supper in our house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ema Nymton wrote:
>"Tara" wrote in message
>
>> I'm far to full to eat dinner or even cook anything complicated. I'm
>> making my boys breakfast for dinner -- bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, and
>> oranges. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here.

>My mother cooked breakfast for dinner, maybe twice during my childhood,
>and we loved it. I cook a hot breakfast every morning, so we never have
>breakfast for dinner. Sometimes, I will eat something else, I grow weary
>of eggs, even though I cook them different ways.

I don't differenciate what kind of food constitutes breakfast, I can
eat a cold roastbeef sandwich for breakfast as well as cold left over
Chinese food, as cold left over pizza. I never think of bacon with
fried eggs as a traditional breakfast, actually I despise bacon, I
think bacon is the most reviling disgusting thing to eat, I'd rather
franks and beans for brerakfast. I'll often have a fritatta for
breakfast... actually I don't eat breakfast, I prefer to wait until
after 10 AM and have brunch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-12 5:32 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> I don't differenciate what kind of food constitutes breakfast, I can
> eat a cold roastbeef sandwich for breakfast as well as cold left over
> Chinese food, as cold left over pizza.

My oldest brother was like that. He would eat leftover dinner for
breakfast. He especially liked leftover spaghetti, and I have to say
that my mother's spaghetti was not very good, which is why there was
usually leftovers. He also had dessert with his breakfast. It always
bothered me that he could eat so much and not put on excess weight.

> I never think of bacon with
> fried eggs as a traditional breakfast, actually I despise bacon, I
> think bacon is the most reviling disgusting thing to eat,

Fried foods for breakfast always made my day go badly. I suspect that I
had a gall bladder problem for a long time before it finally had to come
out. Frying is not my preferred way to have eggs. I confess to frying
them for convenience. I would prefer to have them poached. I would
suggest that bacon quality varies a lot. I get all my bacon from the
local Dutch butcher and he smokes it himself. His bacon always has a
nice blend of fat and lean. Since it is cured the old fashioned way, not
injected with liquid, it does not shrivel into nothing when cooked.

> I'd rather
> franks and beans for brerakfast. I'll often have a fritatta for
> breakfast... actually I don't eat breakfast, I prefer to wait until
> after 10 AM and have brunch.

I like to eat soon after waking up, either porridge or cereal and fresh
fruit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
>Ema Nymton wrote:
>>
>> My mother cooked breakfast for dinner, maybe twice during my childhood,
>> and we loved it. I cook a hot breakfast every morning, so we never have
>> breakfast for dinner. Sometimes, I will eat something else, I grow weary
>> of eggs, even though I cook them different ways.

>Pancake day was always breakfast for supper in our house.

Pancakes is yet another disgusting thing to call food... it's a sponge
for syrup/sugar, blech!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-12 6:00 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>> Ema Nymton wrote:
>>>
>>> My mother cooked breakfast for dinner, maybe twice during my childhood,
>>> and we loved it. I cook a hot breakfast every morning, so we never have
>>> breakfast for dinner. Sometimes, I will eat something else, I grow weary
>>> of eggs, even though I cook them different ways.

>> Pancake day was always breakfast for supper in our house.

> Pancakes is yet another disgusting thing to call food... it's a sponge
> for syrup/sugar, blech!

Maybe you should try pancakes at some place other than a navy mess, IHOP
of other restaurant that can't do any better. Good pancakes are pretty
tasty, and real maple syrup is more than just a sweet syrup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

When it's good, it's good.

Dinner tonight: eggs, sausage, toast, fresh picked strawberries.

Tara