Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default I just made a yummy threw it together dinner.

I had some 16-20 count frozen shrimp so I thawed out 8 nice big ones in a bowl of warm water. While they were thawing out I chopped up one large clove of garlic and one small organic zucchini.

I peeled the shrimp and heated up some butter and oilive oil in a skillet, seasoned up the shrimp with some Tony Chacherie's and put them in to cook. When they were pink and about halfway done I threw in the chopped garlic, and then the zucchini. After the garlic was just becoming golden and the zucchini was starting to soften, I put in a bit homemade 'cream of' soup mix (got the recipe off a low carb site, it's good) and let it bubble a bit to finish.

This was really tasty. Garlic, Tony Chacherie's, shrimp and zucchini in a little creamy sauce.

Hit the spot...with a bit of zing.

yum...ate it and forgot to take a picture.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 06 May 2014 19:42:43 -0700, ImStillMags wrote:

> I had some 16-20 count frozen shrimp so I thawed out 8 nice big ones in
> a bowl of warm water. While they were thawing out I chopped up one
> large clove of garlic and one small organic zucchini.
>
> I peeled the shrimp and heated up some butter and oilive oil in a
> skillet, seasoned up the shrimp with some Tony Chacherie's and put them
> in to cook. When they were pink and about halfway done I threw in the
> chopped garlic, and then the zucchini. After the garlic was just
> becoming golden and the zucchini was starting to soften, I put in a bit
> homemade 'cream of' soup mix (got the recipe off a low carb site, it's
> good) and let it bubble a bit to finish.
>
> This was really tasty. Garlic, Tony Chacherie's, shrimp and zucchini in
> a little creamy sauce.
>
> Hit the spot...with a bit of zing.
>
> yum...ate it and forgot to take a picture.

It sounds very good! I'd feel very proud to have thrown that together.
Tony Chacherie's is such a tasty, well-rounded seasoning.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:42:43 PM UTC-4, ImStillMags wrote:
I put in a bit homemade 'cream of' soup mix (got the recipe off a low carb site, it's good)

Oh, DO tell what that recipe is, or a site reference, please. I can't tell you how many times I stop in my tracks when a recipe mentions a can of Campbell's. I hate all the salt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo > wrote in
:

> Paranoid of over cooked shrimp? WTF does that mean?

Does it count as paranoid if the over cooked shrimp really are conspiring
against you?

--
--Bryan

"Happy ****ing 'new years' that was when me and my father
had to identify her dead mud covered body they pulled from
the family car she'd driven into the Mississippi river!"
--John Kuthe in rec.food.cooking, 3-7-2014
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:53:54 PM UTC-7, Kalmia wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:42:43 PM UTC-4, ImStillMags wrote:
>
> I put in a bit homemade 'cream of' soup mix (got the recipe off a low carb site, it's good)
>

> Oh, DO tell what that recipe is, or a site reference, please. I can't tell you how many times I stop in my tracks when a recipe mentions a can of Campbell's. I hate all the salt.

OK. Here it is. I didn't use any sweetener....blech. and I left out the mushrooms and the xanthan gum so I could use it as a base for anything. I'll print it here as written and you can go from there. It's from the blog Splended Low Carbing.

CONDENSED CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
This is a handy soup for recipes instead of the commercial variety which is so high in sodium, not to mention the MSG and other undesirable ingredients.

4 oz cream cheese (125 g)
1/2 cup heavy cream (125 mL)
2 tbsp water (30 mL)
1 tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
Liquid sucralose to equal 2 tsp (10 mL)
sugar
2 tsp onion salt (10 mL)
1 tsp cornstarch, OR arrowroot powder (5 mL)
1/4 tsp xanthan gum (1 mL)
1/8 tsp salt (0.5 mL)
1/8 tsp white pepper (0.5 mL)
3/4 cup drained, canned mushrooms (175 mL)

In food processor or blender, process cream cheese, heavy cream, water, olive oil, liquid sucralose, onion salt, cornstarch, OR arrowroot powder, xanthan gum, salt and white pepper until smooth. Add mushrooms and process, just until finely chopped.

To serve: In saucepan, add water cup-for-cup for condensed cream of mushroom soup. Heat until boiling. Serve.

Helpful Hints: Leave out the xanthan gum when using in place of commercial soups, as it could give an undesirable mouth feel in some instances. *The 3/4 cup (175 mL) serving of soup is actually 11/2 cups (375 mL) when the equivalent amount of water is added.

Yield: 2 servings
3/4 cup concentrate per serv*
441.2 calories
7.5 g protein
43.8 g fat
5.9 g net carbs

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 10:26:59 AM UTC-7, ImStillMags wrote:

I keep this in the fridge and use a little bit when I want a creamy base sauce like what I did with the OP dinner shrimp.

It works quite well. I haven't used it in a 'casserole' yet but I'm going to.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

>I keep this in the fridge and use a little bit when I want a creamy base sauce
>like what I did with the OP dinner shrimp.
>It works quite well. I haven't used it in a 'casserole' yet but I'm going to.

And it's <drum roll>?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:47:58 PM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> >It works quite well. I haven't used it in a 'casserole' yet but I'm going to.

> And it's <drum roll>?

Probably a tuna casserole subbing cauliflower for the noodles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> ImStillMags wrote:
>>
>>I keep this in the fridge and use a little bit when I want a creamy base
>>sauce
>>like what I did with the OP dinner shrimp.
>>It works quite well. I haven't used it in a 'casserole' yet but I'm going
>>to.

> And it's <drum roll>?

I was wondering that myself

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Yummy dinner tonight! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 4 22-03-2012 01:20 PM
Very yummy dinner! Ozgirl Diabetic 2 19-08-2011 11:32 PM
Yummy dinner tonight! Julie Bove Diabetic 0 21-08-2010 05:08 AM
Tonight's yummy dinner Serene Vannoy General Cooking 21 05-11-2008 10:33 PM
tonight's yummy dinner Jude General Cooking 2 18-05-2005 05:18 PM