Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How much do you love chocolate

How much do you love chocolate?

Would you call yourself a chocolate lover, or perhaps a chocolate fiend?

I recently bought some pricey Lindt chocolates and I can't get enough of
them.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." wrote:

> How much do you love chocolate?
>
> Would you call yourself a chocolate lover, or perhaps a chocolate fiend?
>
> I recently bought some pricey Lindt chocolates and I can't get enough of
> them.

I've always loved those large bars of milk chocolate with almonds.
Schools often sell them to raise money.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2014 12:24 PM, Gary wrote:
> "Christopher M." wrote:
>>
>> How much do you love chocolate?
>>
>> Would you call yourself a chocolate lover, or perhaps a chocolate fiend?
>>
>> I recently bought some pricey Lindt chocolates and I can't get enough of
>> them.
>>

> I've always loved those large bars of milk chocolate with almonds.
> Schools often sell them to raise money.

OMG! That takes me back. Band Candy! I had kids in the marching band.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 3, 2014 9:16:49 AM UTC-7, Christopher M. wrote:
> How much do you love chocolate?
>

> Would you call yourself a chocolate lover, or perhaps a chocolate fiend?
>

> I recently bought some pricey Lindt chocolates and I can't get enough of
>
> them.
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

You and Angela should hook up and do an experiment about this.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 May 2014 12:16:49 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>How much do you love chocolate?

Quite a bit, up until about 2 years ago - a LOT.
Then, inexplicably, my addiction waned somewhat.

>Would you call yourself a chocolate lover, or perhaps a chocolate fiend?
>
>I recently bought some pricey Lindt chocolates and I can't get enough of
>them.

Lindt are pretty good for a supermarket brand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> "Christopher M." wrote:
>>
>> How much do you love chocolate?
>>
>> Would you call yourself a chocolate lover, or perhaps a chocolate fiend?
>>
>> I recently bought some pricey Lindt chocolates and I can't get enough of
>> them.
>>

> I've always loved those large bars of milk chocolate with almonds.
> Schools often sell them to raise money.

The ones with the whole almonds? Most people seem to sell bars with the
cracked almonds.

I think I'd rather have whole almonds in candy.

I'd also prefer to have pecan halves instead of crushed pecans. In candy
though, not in cookies. Nuts tend to make cookies very tough.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 3 May 2014 12:16:49 -0400, "Christopher M."
> > wrote:
>
>>How much do you love chocolate?

> Quite a bit, up until about 2 years ago - a LOT.
> Then, inexplicably, my addiction waned somewhat.
>
>>Would you call yourself a chocolate lover, or perhaps a chocolate fiend?
>>
>>I recently bought some pricey Lindt chocolates and I can't get enough of
>>them.

> Lindt are pretty good for a supermarket brand.

Lindt also carries some specialty chocolates that aren't sold in
supermarkets. They're super yummy.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 May 2014 12:16:49 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>How much do you love chocolate?
>
>Would you call yourself a chocolate lover, or perhaps a chocolate fiend?
>
>I recently bought some pricey Lindt chocolates and I can't get enough of
>them.
>

>W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Dyed in the wool Chocoholic here!! Bought $7 worth of chocolate today
from "little dipper chocolate" cause my fave daughter vendor was in
the Market In The Loop today, and not only am I kinda sweet on her,
we're chocoholic "buddies" kinda! Her mom runs "little dipper
chocolates" http://littledipperchocolate.com/ and they don't have a
storefront, but just sell at Farmer's Markets and stuff, so even
though I shouldn't afford it, I support them. And it IS great
chocolate too! YUM!!

Plus I have a lot of chocolate in a mini fridge in my basement, mostly
Christmas Candy leftover stuff, but I still have a lot of a 5# bag of
http://www.chocoley.com/p/fair-trade...dark-chocolate that I
LOVE!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 May 2014 20:28:27 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 3 May 2014 12:16:49 -0400, "Christopher M."
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>How much do you love chocolate?

>> Quite a bit, up until about 2 years ago - a LOT.
>> Then, inexplicably, my addiction waned somewhat.
>>
>>>Would you call yourself a chocolate lover, or perhaps a chocolate fiend?
>>>
>>>I recently bought some pricey Lindt chocolates and I can't get enough of
>>>them.

>> Lindt are pretty good for a supermarket brand.

>Lindt also carries some specialty chocolates that aren't sold in
>supermarkets. They're super yummy.

They sound good...

Has anyone gotten into raw cacao? I did, years ago and I really did
like the taste of the raw beans finely ground and added to a smoothie.
These days I can't be bothered chasing after raw cacao beans (and
paying the exorbitant cost).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 3 May 2014 20:28:27 -0400, "Christopher M."
> > wrote:
>

>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sat, 3 May 2014 12:16:49 -0400, "Christopher M."

>>> Quite a bit, up until about 2 years ago - a LOT.
>>> Then, inexplicably, my addiction waned somewhat.

>>> Lindt are pretty good for a supermarket brand.

>>Lindt also carries some specialty chocolates that aren't sold in
>>supermarkets. They're super yummy.

> They sound good...
>
> Has anyone gotten into raw cacao? I did, years ago and I really did
> like the taste of the raw beans finely ground and added to a smoothie.
> These days I can't be bothered chasing after raw cacao beans (and
> paying the exorbitant cost).

Not me, but I found a list of bean-to-bar chocolate manufacturers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._manufacturers

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder > wrote in
eb.com:

> On 5/3/2014 12:24 PM, Gary wrote:
>>>

>> I've always loved those large bars of milk chocolate with almonds.
>> Schools often sell them to raise money.
>>

> OMG! That takes me back. Band Candy! I had kids in the marching
> band.

"Band camp."

--
--Bryan
"The 1960's called. They want their recipe back."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo > wrote in
:

> On Saturday, May 3, 2014 9:16:49 AM UTC-7, Christopher M. wrote:
>> How much do you love chocolate?
>>

>> Would you call yourself a chocolate lover, or perhaps a chocolate
>> fiend?
>>

>> I recently bought some pricey Lindt chocolates and I can't get enough
>> of
>>
>> them.
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> You and Angela should hook up and do an experiment about this.

Right. He and Angela should "hook up." Similar maturity levels.

--
--Bryan
"The 1960's called. They want their recipe back."
--Steve Wertz in rec.food.cooking 4-20-2009
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher M. wrote:
> How much do you love chocolate?
>
> Would you call yourself a chocolate lover, or perhaps a chocolate fiend?
>
> I recently bought some pricey Lindt chocolates and I can't get enough of
> them.
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

I'd say I qualify as a chocoholic, although now there is a lot of
chocolate that is just not an option for me from a financial POV. I do
occasionally pick up interesting chocolates that I haven't tried, and I
have an antique Baker's Chocolate box that is full of chocolate of
various sorts. I like many of the chocolates that emanate from Africa
and vacillate toward very dark chocolate, although the percentage
wobbles a bit among the manufacturers.... I generally think milk
chocolate is a waste of calories, carbs, etc., but there is a really
nice low-carb one....