Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Question about pita bread

Pita bread tastes so great when it's toasted.

I wonder why companies don't pre-toast it and sell it in its toasten form.

Any ideas?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 2:37 PM, Christopher M. wrote:
> Pita bread tastes so great when it's toasted.
>
> I wonder why companies don't pre-toast it and sell it in its toasten form.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Toasted bread of any sort is much better fresh. However, one little tip:
frozen Pita bread can be simultaneously defrosted and toasted using a
regular electric toaster.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

by?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 2, 2014 11:37:31 AM UTC-7, Christopher M. wrote:
> Pita bread tastes so great when it's toasted.
>

> I wonder why companies don't pre-toast it and sell it in its toasten form.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Oh good grief!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> On 5/2/2014 2:37 PM, Christopher M. wrote:
>> Pita bread tastes so great when it's toasted.
>>
>> I wonder why companies don't pre-toast it and sell it in its toasten
>> form.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>>

> Toasted bread of any sort is much better fresh. However, one little tip:
> frozen Pita bread can be simultaneously defrosted and toasted using a
> regular electric toaster.

I think I've heard the same about pancakes.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 2, 2014 1:43:50 PM UTC-7, Christopher M. wrote:
> "James Silverton" > wrote in message

> > On 5/2/2014 2:37 PM, Christopher M. wrote:

> >> Pita bread tastes so great when it's toasted.

> >> I wonder why companies don't pre-toast it and sell it in its toasten

> >> form.

> >> Any ideas?

> >> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> > Toasted bread of any sort is much better fresh. However, one little tip:

> > frozen Pita bread can be simultaneously defrosted and toasted using a

> > regular electric toaster.

> I think I've heard the same about pancakes.
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

you "think"? but, you're not sure. Figgers....now go find your mommy and get your diaper changed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 May 2014 16:43:50 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>> Toasted bread of any sort is much better fresh. However, one little tip:
>> frozen Pita bread can be simultaneously defrosted and toasted using a
>> regular electric toaster.

>I think I've heard the same about pancakes.

I don't freeze mine, but leftover blueberry pancakes he reheated in
the toaster during the week.

I pour a little maple syrup on a small dish, put on two slices of
leftover bacon (can be frozen) nuke it for 30 seconds and put the
toasted pancakes on the plate. Sunday quality breakfast in about two
minutes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." > wrote in message
> Pita bread tastes so great when it's toasted.
>
> I wonder why companies don't pre-toast it and sell it in its toasten form.
>
> Any ideas?

They do. It's called Pita Chips.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 May 2014 14:37:31 Christopher M. writes yet another episode
> of "As the Head Spins".
>
> -sw

I wonder if he has tried peanut butter on his pita?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher M. wrote:
> Pita bread tastes so great when it's toasted.
>
> I wonder why companies don't pre-toast it and sell it in its toasten form.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

they are called "croutons"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Christopher M." > wrote in message
>> Pita bread tastes so great when it's toasted.
>>
>> I wonder why companies don't pre-toast it and sell it in its toasten
>> form.
>>
>> Any ideas?

> They do. It's called Pita Chips.

Not quite the same. Most pita chips are fried.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 2 May 2014 14:37:31 Christopher M. writes yet another episode
>> of "As the Head Spins".
>>
>> -sw

> I wonder if he has tried peanut butter on his pita?

Never. I'm into the whole Mediterranean food experience.

But I do enjoy maple almond butter sometimes.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Christopher M." > wrote in message
>>> Pita bread tastes so great when it's toasted.
>>>
>>> I wonder why companies don't pre-toast it and sell it in its toasten
>>> form.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

>> They do. It's called Pita Chips.

> Not quite the same. Most pita chips are fried.
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

I've only ever seen the baked.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> by?

Spell check nazi?

Nasty!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 May 2014 02:08:46 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>Christopher M. wrote:
>> Pita bread tastes so great when it's toasted.
>>
>> I wonder why companies don't pre-toast it and sell it in its toasten form.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

>they are called "croutons"

There is a possible business opportunity here. Set up a kiosk in the
supermarket with a few toasters. After choosing their bread, they
bring it to you for toasting while they finish shopping. I bet there
is a big demand for pre-toasted bread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Christopher M." > wrote in message

>>> They do. It's called Pita Chips.

>> Not quite the same. Most pita chips are fried.
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> I've only ever seen the baked.

The toasted pita I make isn't quite baked. It's still somewhat pliable, so
you can make a sandwich out of it.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 3 May 2014 02:08:46 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:
>
>>Christopher M. wrote:
>>> Pita bread tastes so great when it's toasted.
>>>
>>> I wonder why companies don't pre-toast it and sell it in its toasten
>>> form.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

>>they are called "croutons"
>>

> There is a possible business opportunity here. Set up a kiosk in the
> supermarket with a few toasters. After choosing their bread, they
> bring it to you for toasting while they finish shopping. I bet there
> is a big demand for pre-toasted bread.

You untoasted pita people have no idea what you're missing.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-04 7:28 PM, Christopher M. wrote:

> I use a toaster oven. Takes forever to get crispy.
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Maybe you should ask your mommy for help.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 May 2014 17:58:53 +0100, Yellow > wrote:

> Each to their own.
>
> I put pitta bread in the microwave and heat slowly until it balloons,
> creating the traditional picket to stuff and giving it a lovely soft,
> chewy texture.

How long does it stay that way? Do you use something like a tortilla
keeper to hold it in the warmed state?

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 5 May 2014 18:16:20 +0100, Yellow > wrote:

> And I have just noticed my "picket" from before! Oh dear! I obviously
> meant "pocket". Sometimes my figures move a lot lot faster than my
> brain. :-)

LOL was the new typo on purpose? I find I type words using the
correct finger of the wrong hand so words becomes works etc - the type
of mistake spell check doesn't catch. I only came up with that
example because I just did it... but there are certainly more.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.

Miami Subs Pita Bread Question [email protected] Restaurants 0 15-01-2017 07:59 PM
Greek Pita Bread Railman Sourdough 3 17-07-2005 09:15 PM
Pita Bread 2 Tim Recipes 0 20-06-2005 12:29 PM
Pita Bread Tim Recipes 0 20-06-2005 12:28 PM
Pita bread Al Baking 2 16-03-2005 12:24 AM