Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Horrible Dinner 5/1/2014

Yeah, yeah. It's a complaint about the Club. Skip it if you don't want
to read it.

I got the soft shell crab. It should be very lightly seasoned and pan
fried. It *looked* beautiful! Took one bite... all I could taste was
SALT. Ugh!

I'm not someone who has a strong aversion to salt. But good lord, this
was way over the top. Talk about a way to destroy the delicate taste of
blue crab! They managed to find it. Yikes.

Yes, I told them about it.

An aside, it was allegedly served with a side of saffron rice. The rice
was yellow, yes. If there was saffron in that rice I'll eat one of my
hats.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 9:17:19 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> I got the soft shell crab. It should be very lightly seasoned and pan
> fried. It *looked* beautiful! Took one bite... all I could taste was
> SALT. Ugh!
>
> I'm not someone who has a strong aversion to salt. But good lord, this
> was way over the top. Talk about a way to destroy the delicate taste of
> blue crab! They managed to find it. Yikes.
>
> Yes, I told them about it.
>
> An aside, it was allegedly served with a side of saffron rice. The rice
> was yellow, yes. If there was saffron in that rice I'll eat one of my
> hats.
>

> Jill

I hope they offered you dishes in place of these two losers you got.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Horrible DATAW Dinner 5/1/2014

was this at DATAW???

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Yeah, yeah. It's a complaint about the Club. Skip it if you don't want
> to read it.
>
> I got the soft shell crab. It should be very lightly seasoned and pan
> fried. It *looked* beautiful! Took one bite... all I could taste was
> SALT. Ugh!
>
> I'm not someone who has a strong aversion to salt. But good lord, this
> was way over the top. Talk about a way to destroy the delicate taste of
> blue crab! They managed to find it. Yikes.
>
> Yes, I told them about it.
>
> An aside, it was allegedly served with a side of saffron rice. The rice
> was yellow, yes. If there was saffron in that rice I'll eat one of my
> hats.
>
> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 10:09 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
> was this at DATAW???

How many Clubs do you think I belong to?

Jill

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Yeah, yeah. It's a complaint about the Club. Skip it if you don't want
>> to read it.
>>
>> I got the soft shell crab. It should be very lightly seasoned and pan
>> fried. It *looked* beautiful! Took one bite... all I could taste was
>> SALT. Ugh!
>>
>> I'm not someone who has a strong aversion to salt. But good lord, this
>> was way over the top. Talk about a way to destroy the delicate taste of
>> blue crab! They managed to find it. Yikes.
>>
>> Yes, I told them about it.
>>
>> An aside, it was allegedly served with a side of saffron rice. The rice
>> was yellow, yes. If there was saffron in that rice I'll eat one of my
>> hats.
>>
>> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 May 2014 22:17:19 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Yeah, yeah. It's a complaint about the Club. Skip it if you don't want
>to read it.
>
>I got the soft shell crab. It should be very lightly seasoned and pan
>fried. It *looked* beautiful! Took one bite... all I could taste was
>SALT. Ugh!
>
>I'm not someone who has a strong aversion to salt. But good lord, this
>was way over the top. Talk about a way to destroy the delicate taste of
>blue crab! They managed to find it. Yikes.
>
>Yes, I told them about it.
>
>An aside, it was allegedly served with a side of saffron rice. The rice
>was yellow, yes. If there was saffron in that rice I'll eat one of my
>hats.
>
>Jill

Restaurants that screw up perfectly good seafood should be shot! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/2/2014 10:09 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
>> was this at DATAW???
>>

> How many Clubs do you think I belong to?
>
> Jill

I don't know, and I don't care. I thought you were showing the simple
courtesy of including DATAW in your subject lines for this rubbish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 11:10 AM, sf wrote:

> I guess changing the chef didn't improve the food. In fact it sounds
> like the food situation has taken a turn for the worse.

I don't really know yet. They haven't announced a new executive chef so
this comes from whoever shows up for kitchen duty in whites. LOL

All I know is whoever cooked the soft shell crabs used way too much salt
in the seasoning. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll ever find someone
who knows how to cook.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 2, 2014 11:24:14 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/2/2014 11:10 AM, sf wrote:
>

> > I guess changing the chef didn't improve the food. In fact it sounds

> > like the food situation has taken a turn for the worse.

> I don't really know yet. They haven't announced a new executive chef so
>
> this comes from whoever shows up for kitchen duty in whites. LOL
>

> All I know is whoever cooked the soft shell crabs used way too much salt
>
> in the seasoning. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll ever find someone
>
> who knows how to cook.
>

> Jill

Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so you can come back here and whine about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 3:48 PM, Chemo wrote:
> On Friday, May 2, 2014 11:24:14 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/2/2014 11:10 AM, sf wrote:
>>

>>> I guess changing the chef didn't improve the food. In fact it sounds

>>> like the food situation has taken a turn for the worse.

>> I don't really know yet. They haven't announced a new executive chef so
>>
>> this comes from whoever shows up for kitchen duty in whites. LOL
>>

>> All I know is whoever cooked the soft shell crabs used way too much salt
>>
>> in the seasoning. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll ever find someone
>>
>> who knows how to cook.
>>

>> Jill

> Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so you can come back here and whine about it.

She has to pay for it so why not eat (or try to) it?

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 May 2014 13:48:32 -0700 (PDT), Chemo >
wrote:

>Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so you can come back here and whine about it.

The rest of us know why. Guess you never paid attention.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default DATWA DATAW Horrible DATAW Dinner DATAW 5/1/2014 DATAW

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 May 2014 13:48:32 -0700 (PDT), Chemo >
> wrote:
>

>>Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so you
>>can come back here and whine about it.

> The rest of us know why. Guess you never paid attention.

I know why, but I don't know why she keeps posting about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-02 6:35 PM, Pico Rico wrote:

>>> Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so you
>>> can come back here and whine about it.

>> The rest of us know why. Guess you never paid attention.

> I know why, but I don't know why she keeps posting about it.

I think they are funny. I would rather read about Jill's meals at the
restauarant where she is forced to spend money than the idiocy from
Julie that most people feel compelled to take seriously.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/2/2014 11:10 AM, sf wrote:
>>>

>> I guess changing the chef didn't improve the food. In fact it sounds
>> like the food situation has taken a turn for the worse.
>>

> I don't really know yet. They haven't announced a new executive chef so
> this comes from whoever shows up for kitchen duty in whites. LOL
>
> All I know is whoever cooked the soft shell crabs used way too much salt
> in the seasoning. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll ever find someone
> who knows how to cook.

You could do it!

*Ducks and runs*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" > wrote in message

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 2 May 2014 13:48:32 -0700 (PDT), Chemo >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so you
>>>can come back here and whine about it.

>> The rest of us know why. Guess you never paid attention.

> I know why, but I don't know why she keeps posting about it.

Why not?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so you can come back here and whine about it.

As much as you love to complain, you sure don't pay any attention to
what's happening all around you.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 May 2014 18:13:16 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> On Fri, 2 May 2014 13:48:32 -0700 (PDT), Chemo >
> wrote:
>

> >Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so you can come back here and whine about it.

> The rest of us know why. Guess you never paid attention.

S/he must type with blinders on.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>>> The rest of us know why. Guess you never paid attention.

>> I know why, but I don't know why she keeps posting about it.
>>

> I think they are funny. I would rather read about Jill's meals at the
> restauarant where she is forced to spend money than the idiocy from Julie
> that most people feel compelled to take seriously.

And I would rather be kicked in the ass by a mule that shot in the chest.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 May 2014 15:35:14 -0700, "Pico Rico" >
wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 2 May 2014 13:48:32 -0700 (PDT), Chemo >
> > wrote:
> >

> >>Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so you
> >>can come back here and whine about it.

> > The rest of us know why. Guess you never paid attention.

> I know why, but I don't know why she keeps posting about it.

Why not? At least she's not a cross posting troll and quite a few of
us actually consider it cheap entertainment. Not a problem for us
that she forgot to include "dataw" in her subject line. Maybe you
should be more considerate of who you reply to because a lot of us
have some of those in our kill files. Boo hooo. We have to scroll
past something that we have in our kill files. sob sob sob whine
whine whine.... oh yes, that's something you're incapable of doing....
as is Dave Smith who claims to have a certain poster killed but
contributes a huge percentage of replies to her OP's.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 5:47 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 5/2/2014 3:48 PM, Chemo wrote:

>>> I don't really know yet. They haven't announced a new executive chef so
>>> this comes from whoever shows up for kitchen duty in whites. LOL
>>>
>>> All I know is whoever cooked the soft shell crabs used way too much salt
>>> in the seasoning. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll ever find someone
>>> who knows how to cook.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so
>> you can come back here and whine about it.
>>

> She has to pay for it so why not eat (or try to) it?

Thank you, Janet (and others). Yes, I have to pay for it regardless.
Occasionally I give them a chance. Sometimes they hit the mark. This
time they missed it by a mile. It beats the hell out of just throwing
money at them as I drive by.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" > wrote in message

> And I would rather be kicked in the ass by a mule that shot in the chest.

I'd like that for you too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 May 2014 22:21:31 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> "Pico Rico" > wrote in message
>
> > And I would rather be kicked in the ass by a mule that shot in the chest.

> I'd like that for you too.

It's not funny, but you made me laugh anyway.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bet she wished she had waffle Montecristo now.

"Pico Rico" > wrote in message
> was this at DATAW???
>
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Yeah, yeah. It's a complaint about the Club. Skip it if you don't want
>> to read it.
>>
>> I got the soft shell crab. It should be very lightly seasoned and pan
>> fried. It *looked* beautiful! Took one bite... all I could taste was
>> SALT. Ugh!
>>
>> I'm not someone who has a strong aversion to salt. But good lord, this
>> was way over the top. Talk about a way to destroy the delicate taste of
>> blue crab! They managed to find it. Yikes.
>>
>> Yes, I told them about it.
>>
>> An aside, it was allegedly served with a side of saffron rice. The rice
>> was yellow, yes. If there was saffron in that rice I'll eat one of my
>> hats.
>>
>> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 01 May 2014 22:17:19 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>>Yeah, yeah. It's a complaint about the Club. Skip it if you don't want
>>to read it.
>>
>>I got the soft shell crab. It should be very lightly seasoned and pan
>>fried. It *looked* beautiful! Took one bite... all I could taste was
>>SALT. Ugh!
>>
>>I'm not someone who has a strong aversion to salt. But good lord, this
>>was way over the top. Talk about a way to destroy the delicate taste of
>>blue crab! They managed to find it. Yikes.
>>
>>Yes, I told them about it.
>>
>>An aside, it was allegedly served with a side of saffron rice. The rice
>>was yellow, yes. If there was saffron in that rice I'll eat one of my
>>hats.
>>
>>Jill

> Restaurants that screw up perfectly good seafood should be shot! ;-)

You mean the people who run the restaurant. And I concur. Death is too
good for them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-03 12:02 AM, sf wrote:

> Why not? At least she's not a cross posting troll and quite a few of
> us actually consider it cheap entertainment. Not a problem for us
> that she forgot to include "dataw" in her subject line. Maybe you
> should be more considerate of who you reply to because a lot of us
> have some of those in our kill files. Boo hooo. We have to scroll
> past something that we have in our kill files. sob sob sob whine
> whine whine.... oh yes, that's something you're incapable of doing....
> as is Dave Smith who claims to have a certain poster killed but
> contributes a huge percentage of replies to her OP's.

Yes, I do have her kill filed, but she creates a hell of a lot of
traffic here because a number of you cannot resist your compulsion to
respond to her as if she as actually half way sane. She follows the same
basic MO, posting a message looking for advice, then turns around and
slams every suggestion offered..... daughter can't eat that, doesn't
like that, she can't eat it, doesn't like it, half wit husband won't eat
it, daughter and husband are useless pieces of crap, etc etc. She
sucks you guys in every time. You are her Charlie Brown and she keeps
getting you to try to kick the football and then every time you give it
and try, she pulls it away again. I don't know when you will learn.

I had agreed not to post about her anymore .... if you guys stopped.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 May 2014 07:35:55 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2014-05-03 12:02 AM, sf wrote:
>
> > Why not? At least she's not a cross posting troll and quite a few of
> > us actually consider it cheap entertainment. Not a problem for us
> > that she forgot to include "dataw" in her subject line. Maybe you
> > should be more considerate of who you reply to because a lot of us
> > have some of those in our kill files. Boo hooo. We have to scroll
> > past something that we have in our kill files. sob sob sob whine
> > whine whine.... oh yes, that's something you're incapable of doing....
> > as is Dave Smith who claims to have a certain poster killed but
> > contributes a huge percentage of replies to her OP's.

> Yes, I do have her kill filed, but she creates a hell of a lot of
> traffic here because a number of you cannot resist your compulsion to
> respond to her as if she as actually half way sane. She follows the same
> basic MO, posting a message looking for advice, then turns around and
> slams every suggestion offered..... daughter can't eat that, doesn't
> like that, she can't eat it, doesn't like it, half wit husband won't eat
> it, daughter and husband are useless pieces of crap, etc etc. She
> sucks you guys in every time. You are her Charlie Brown and she keeps
> getting you to try to kick the football and then every time you give it
> and try, she pulls it away again. I don't know when you will learn.
>
> I had agreed not to post about her anymore .... if you guys stopped.

Dave, you post a hell of a lot more to Julie (indirectly) than I do so
take your own advice. You can't seem bring yourself to kill thread
topics that are started by her and you continually respond to them.
So what if you're not responding directly TO her, you're still
yapping.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-03 9:06 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 03 May 2014 07:35:55 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2014-05-03 12:02 AM, sf wrote:
>>
>>> Why not? At least she's not a cross posting troll and quite a few of
>>> us actually consider it cheap entertainment. Not a problem for us
>>> that she forgot to include "dataw" in her subject line. Maybe you
>>> should be more considerate of who you reply to because a lot of us
>>> have some of those in our kill files. Boo hooo. We have to scroll
>>> past something that we have in our kill files. sob sob sob whine
>>> whine whine.... oh yes, that's something you're incapable of doing....
>>> as is Dave Smith who claims to have a certain poster killed but
>>> contributes a huge percentage of replies to her OP's.

>> Yes, I do have her kill filed, but she creates a hell of a lot of
>> traffic here because a number of you cannot resist your compulsion to
>> respond to her as if she as actually half way sane. She follows the same
>> basic MO, posting a message looking for advice, then turns around and
>> slams every suggestion offered..... daughter can't eat that, doesn't
>> like that, she can't eat it, doesn't like it, half wit husband won't eat
>> it, daughter and husband are useless pieces of crap, etc etc. She
>> sucks you guys in every time. You are her Charlie Brown and she keeps
>> getting you to try to kick the football and then every time you give it
>> and try, she pulls it away again. I don't know when you will learn.
>>
>> I had agreed not to post about her anymore .... if you guys stopped.

> Dave, you post a hell of a lot more to Julie (indirectly) than I do so
> take your own advice. You can't seem bring yourself to kill thread
> topics that are started by her and you continually respond to them.
> So what if you're not responding directly TO her, you're still
> yapping.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2014 6:35 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-05-03 12:02 AM, sf wrote:
>
>> Why not? At least she's not a cross posting troll and quite a few of
>> us actually consider it cheap entertainment. Not a problem for us
>> that she forgot to include "dataw" in her subject line. Maybe you
>> should be more considerate of who you reply to because a lot of us
>> have some of those in our kill files. Boo hooo. We have to scroll
>> past something that we have in our kill files. sob sob sob whine
>> whine whine.... oh yes, that's something you're incapable of doing....
>> as is Dave Smith who claims to have a certain poster killed but
>> contributes a huge percentage of replies to her OP's.

> Yes, I do have her kill filed, but she creates a hell of a lot of
> traffic here because a number of you cannot resist your compulsion to
> respond to her as if she as actually half way sane. She follows the same
> basic MO, posting a message looking for advice, then turns around and
> slams every suggestion offered..... daughter can't eat that, doesn't
> like that, she can't eat it, doesn't like it, half wit husband won't eat
> it, daughter and husband are useless pieces of crap, etc etc. She
> sucks you guys in every time. You are her Charlie Brown and she keeps
> getting you to try to kick the football and then every time you give it
> and try, she pulls it away again. I don't know when you will learn.
>
> I had agreed not to post about her anymore .... if you guys stopped.

Can't stop. Frankly, it's too much fun.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 2, 2014 4:25:07 PM UTC-7, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> The rest of us know why. Guess you never paid attention.

> > I know why, but I don't know why she keeps posting about it.

> I think they are funny. I would rather read about Jill's meals at the
>
> restauarant where she is forced to spend money than the idiocy from
>
> Julie that most people feel compelled to take seriously.

she's may be required to pay but she doesn't have to eat there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 2, 2014 9:35:28 PM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/2/2014 5:47 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:

> >> Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so

> >> you can come back here and whine about it.

> > She has to pay for it so why not eat (or try to) it?

> Thank you, Janet (and others). Yes, I have to pay for it regardless.
>
> Occasionally I give them a chance. Sometimes they hit the mark. This
>
> time they missed it by a mile. It beats the hell out of just throwing
>
> money at them as I drive by.
>

> Jill

Well...I don't recall any positive post about them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-03 10:58 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:

>> it, daughter and husband are useless pieces of crap, etc etc. She
>> sucks you guys in every time. You are her Charlie Brown and she keeps
>> getting you to try to kick the football and then every time you give it
>> and try, she pulls it away again. I don't know when you will learn.
>>
>> I had agreed not to post about her anymore .... if you guys stopped.

> Can't stop. Frankly, it's too much fun.

LOL. I know it is, but I had to filter her so that I would not be
tempted to respond to the looney in the manner she deserves, but then so
many others cannot resist trying to have a normal conversation with
someone who is so clearly not normal. Maybe I should just take her out
of the filter and go back to giving her the attention she craves.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2014 1:50 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-05-03 10:58 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>>> it, daughter and husband are useless pieces of crap, etc etc. She
>>> sucks you guys in every time. You are her Charlie Brown and she keeps
>>> getting you to try to kick the football and then every time you give it
>>> and try, she pulls it away again. I don't know when you will learn.
>>>
>>> I had agreed not to post about her anymore .... if you guys stopped.

>> Can't stop. Frankly, it's too much fun.
>>

> LOL. I know it is, but I had to filter her so that I would not be
> tempted to respond to the looney in the manner she deserves, but then so
> many others cannot resist trying to have a normal conversation with
> someone who is so clearly not normal. Maybe I should just take her out
> of the filter and go back to giving her the attention she craves.

IMNSHO, giving her the attention she craves is probably a good deed.
It's obvious that her husband is a brute and her child is extremely
self-centered. Usenet may be the only world she has.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder > wrote in
b.com:

> On 5/2/2014 3:48 PM, Chemo wrote:
>>

>> Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so
>> you can come back here and whine about it.
>>

> She has to pay for it so why not eat (or try to) it?

She could spend the money in the bar. She might hit it off with an elderly
widower. I've heard that it can get pretty lonely out there on the links.

--
--Bryan
"The 1960's called. They want their recipe back."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Winters_Lackey" > wrote in message
> Janet Wilder > wrote in
> b.com:
>
>> On 5/2/2014 3:48 PM, Chemo wrote:
>>>

>>> Good lord, woman! Why the hell do you keep eating there? Oh yeah...so
>>> you can come back here and whine about it.
>>>

>> She has to pay for it so why not eat (or try to) it?
>>

> She could spend the money in the bar. She might hit it off with an
> elderly
> widower. I've heard that it can get pretty lonely out there on the links.

There are a lot of single women that aren't lonely.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/3/2014 8:05 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "Winters_Lackey" > wrote in message
>> Janet Wilder > wrote in
>> b.com:

>>> She has to pay for it so why not eat (or try to) it?
>>>

>> She could spend the money in the bar. She might hit it off with an
>> elderly
>> widower. I've heard that it can get pretty lonely out there on the
>> links.

> There are a lot of single women that aren't lonely.
>
> Cheri

Too true, Cheri! I'm certainly not lonely, nor do I mind spending time
alone. I read, I cook, I do have other interests. The last thing I
want to do is to chat up some guy at the bar.

Here's a fun (and true) story. Some 30 years ago I did have a
neighborhood hangout. I'd meet my girl friends (and guy friends) after
work. We didn't go there to pick people up. We went there to unwind
and have a few laughs.

One night this guy came in, thought he was God's gift. Because he had a
Superbowl ring. His name was Charlie Waters. He went to the Superbowl
(Dallas Cowboys American football team). I was not impressed.

This guy decided I was his prize for the night. I was talking with one
of my girlfriends when he walked over, spun my chair around and pulled
it (and me) between his legs. I said, "Excuse me?! What the hell do
you think you're doing?!" One of my guy friends (not ***, in case
that's the assumption) walked over, tapped him on the shoulder and said,
"Buddy, you're messing with the wrong woman."

From what I was told later he wound up getting sloppy drunk, crying and
passed out. The bartender had to take him to his house to sleep it off.
Ever hear the song 'Glory Days' by Bruce Springsteen? Yep, I'd guess
this guy never got over those days.

So, I should pick up some widower at the bar? That's about as
interesting to me as going home with the guy who went to the Stupidbowl. LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/3/2014 8:05 PM, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> "Winters_Lackey" > wrote in message
>>> Janet Wilder > wrote in
>>> b.com:

>>> She could spend the money in the bar. She might hit it off with an
>>> elderly
>>> widower. I've heard that it can get pretty lonely out there on the
>>> links.

>> There are a lot of single women that aren't lonely.
>>
>> Cheri

> Too true, Cheri! I'm certainly not lonely, nor do I mind spending time
> alone. I read, I cook, I do have other interests. The last thing I want
> to do is to chat up some guy at the bar.
>
> Here's a fun (and true) story. Some 30 years ago I did have a
> neighborhood hangout. I'd meet my girl friends (and guy friends) after
> work. We didn't go there to pick people up. We went there to unwind and
> have a few laughs.
>
> One night this guy came in, thought he was God's gift. Because he had a
> Superbowl ring. His name was Charlie Waters. He went to the Superbowl
> (Dallas Cowboys American football team). I was not impressed.
>
> This guy decided I was his prize for the night. I was talking with one of
> my girlfriends when he walked over, spun my chair around and pulled it
> (and me) between his legs. I said, "Excuse me?! What the hell do you
> think you're doing?!" One of my guy friends (not ***, in case that's the
> assumption) walked over, tapped him on the shoulder and said, "Buddy,
> you're messing with the wrong woman."
>
> From what I was told later he wound up getting sloppy drunk, crying and
> passed out. The bartender had to take him to his house to sleep it off.
> Ever hear the song 'Glory Days' by Bruce Springsteen? Yep, I'd guess this
> guy never got over those days.
>
> So, I should pick up some widower at the bar? That's about as interesting
> to me as going home with the guy who went to the Stupidbowl. LOL
>
> Jill

I hear that! Not only that but a lot of the guys that insist that a woman
should find a man are often times the reason that many women prefer their
own company. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/3/2014 8:05 PM, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> "Winters_Lackey" > wrote in message
>>> Janet Wilder > wrote in
>>> b.com:

>>> She could spend the money in the bar. She might hit it off with an
>>> elderly
>>> widower. I've heard that it can get pretty lonely out there on the
>>> links.

>> There are a lot of single women that aren't lonely.
>>
>> Cheri

> Too true, Cheri! I'm certainly not lonely, nor do I mind spending
> time alone. I read, I cook, I do have other interests. The last
> thing I want to do is to chat up some guy at the bar.
>
> Here's a fun (and true) story. Some 30 years ago I did have a
> neighborhood hangout. I'd meet my girl friends (and guy friends)
> after work. We didn't go there to pick people up. We went there to
> unwind and have a few laughs.
>
> One night this guy came in, thought he was God's gift. Because he had
> a Superbowl ring. His name was Charlie Waters. He went to the
> Superbowl (Dallas Cowboys American football team). I was not impressed.
>
> This guy decided I was his prize for the night. I was talking with
> one of my girlfriends when he walked over, spun my chair around and
> pulled it (and me) between his legs. I said, "Excuse me?! What the
> hell do you think you're doing?!" One of my guy friends (not ***, in
> case that's the assumption) walked over, tapped him on the shoulder
> and said, "Buddy, you're messing with the wrong woman."
>
> From what I was told later he wound up getting sloppy drunk, crying
> and passed out. The bartender had to take him to his house to sleep
> it off. Ever hear the song 'Glory Days' by Bruce Springsteen? Yep,
> I'd guess this guy never got over those days.
>
> So, I should pick up some widower at the bar? That's about as
> interesting to me as going home with the guy who went to the
> Stupidbowl. LOL
>
> Jill

What an imagination you have!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...

>>> Can't stop. Frankly, it's too much fun.
>>>

>> LOL. I know it is, but I had to filter her so that I would not be
>> tempted to respond to the looney in the manner she deserves, but then so
>> many others cannot resist trying to have a normal conversation with
>> someone who is so clearly not normal. Maybe I should just take her out
>> of the filter and go back to giving her the attention she craves.

> IMNSHO, giving her the attention she craves is probably a good deed. It's
> obvious that her husband is a brute and her child is extremely
> self-centered. Usenet may be the only world she has.

You lot are pathetic!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 3, 2014 11:02:11 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>
> > > IMNSHO, giving her the attention she craves is probably a good deed. It's

> > obvious that her husband is a brute and her child is extremely
> > self-centered. Usenet may be the only world she has.

> You lot are pathetic!

No, we're not it's just we can read between the lines of your life you share with us when you post about yourself and your helpless family.