FoodBanter.com

-   -   Worker Found Dead in Dough Machine at Texas Fortune Cookie Factory (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/428834-worker-found-dead-dough.html)

Travis McGee[_2_] 02-05-2014 02:31 AM

Worker Found Dead in Dough Machine at Texas Fortune Cookie Factory

This reminds me of the eyeglass maker who fell into his lens grinding
machine. He made quite a spectacle of himself...

Worker Found Dead in Dough Machine at Texas Fortune Cookie Factory

By REUTERSMAY 1, 2014, 8:41 P.M. E.D.T.

Continue reading the main story Share This Page

AUSTIN, Texas — A 26-year-old worker at a fortune cookie factor died of
multiple blunt trauma injuries after falling into a dough-mixing machine
at a factory in Houston over the weekend, a medical examiner's office
said on Thursday.

The victim, Elmer Oscar Barrera, worked at the Houston branch of the
Wonton Food company, and his death has been ruled an accident, the
Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences said.

Police had said the victim was found dead in the machine by a fellow
worker on Sunday afternoon. Wonton Food is one of the biggest makers of
fortune cookies in the United States.

[email protected] 02-05-2014 06:29 AM

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 6:31:52 PM UTC-7, Travis McGee wrote:

> This reminds me of the eyeglass maker who fell into his lens grinding
> machine. He made quite a spectacle of himself...

And then there was the sausage maker who backed into the meat grinder
one day. But all that happened was that he got a little behind in his work.

John Kuthe[_2_] 02-05-2014 01:42 PM

Worker Found Dead in Dough Machine at Texas Fortune Cookie Factory

On Thu, 01 May 2014 21:31:52 -0400, Travis McGee
> wrote:

>This reminds me of the eyeglass maker who fell into his lens grinding
>machine. He made quite a spectacle of himself...
>
>Worker Found Dead in Dough Machine at Texas Fortune Cookie Factory
>
>By REUTERSMAY 1, 2014, 8:41 P.M. E.D.T.
>
>Continue reading the main story Share This Page
>
>AUSTIN, Texas — A 26-year-old worker at a fortune cookie factor died of
>multiple blunt trauma injuries after falling into a dough-mixing machine
>at a factory in Houston over the weekend, a medical examiner's office
>said on Thursday.
>
>The victim, Elmer Oscar Barrera, worked at the Houston branch of the
>Wonton Food company, and his death has been ruled an accident, the
>Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences said.
>
>Police had said the victim was found dead in the machine by a fellow
>worker on Sunday afternoon. Wonton Food is one of the biggest makers of
>fortune cookies in the United States.

Terrible way to die! Probably one of those big industrial horizontal
mixers!! Those things are very powerful and do NOT stop! :-(

John Kuthe...

Pico Rico[_2_] 02-05-2014 03:01 PM

Worker Found Dead in Dough Machine at Texas Fortune Cookie Factory

> wrote in message
> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 6:31:52 PM UTC-7, Travis McGee wrote:
>
>> This reminds me of the eyeglass maker who fell into his lens grinding
>> machine. He made quite a spectacle of himself...
>>

> And then there was the sausage maker who backed into the meat grinder
> one day. But all that happened was that he got a little behind in his
> work.

the lady sausage maker was not so lucky: disasster!

Janet Wilder[_4_] 02-05-2014 04:13 PM

On 5/1/2014 8:31 PM, Travis McGee wrote:
> This reminds me of the eyeglass maker who fell into his lens grinding
> machine. He made quite a spectacle of himself...
>
> Worker Found Dead in Dough Machine at Texas Fortune Cookie Factory
>
> By REUTERSMAY 1, 2014, 8:41 P.M. E.D.T.
>
> Continue reading the main story Share This Page
>
> AUSTIN, Texas — A 26-year-old worker at a fortune cookie factor died of
> multiple blunt trauma injuries after falling into a dough-mixing machine
> at a factory in Houston over the weekend, a medical examiner's office
> said on Thursday.
>
> The victim, Elmer Oscar Barrera, worked at the Houston branch of the
> Wonton Food company, and his death has been ruled an accident, the
> Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences said.
>
> Police had said the victim was found dead in the machine by a fellow
> worker on Sunday afternoon. Wonton Food is one of the biggest makers of
> fortune cookies in the United States.

What a bad fortune! Sorry, couldn't resist

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

notbob 02-05-2014 04:15 PM

On 2014-05-02, Janet Wilder > wrote:

> What a bad fortune! Sorry, couldn't resist

Wonton disregard for safety! ;)

nb

Janet Wilder[_4_] 02-05-2014 06:25 PM

On 5/2/2014 10:15 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2014-05-02, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>
>> What a bad fortune! Sorry, couldn't resist

> Wonton disregard for safety! ;)
>
> nb

groan

Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] 03-05-2014 04:53 AM

Worker Found Dead in Dough Machine at Texas Fortune Cookie Factory

In article >, Travis McGee
> wrote:

> This reminds me of the eyeglass maker who fell into his lens grinding
> machine. He made quite a spectacle of himself...

Want an older one? A fella got drug into a carpet stitcher. His wife
saved that section and his requiem was:
"Sacred to the memory of fourteen yards of three ply carpet, containing
all that was mortal of William Wheeler" --Mark Twain

leo