Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Krusteaz muffin mix clone -- Anybody have one?

Note; I'm looking for a clone/copycat of the powdered stuff in the
plastic bag inside the box. NOT the finished muffin.

TIA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 7, 2014 10:12:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> Note; I'm looking for a clone/copycat of the powdered stuff in the
>
> plastic bag inside the box. NOT the finished muffin.
>

> TIA

What seems to be different between theirs and a garden-variety muffin recipe? And I don't mean the price....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 09:07:15 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:

> On Friday, March 7, 2014 10:12:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > Note; I'm looking for a clone/copycat of the powdered stuff in the
> >
> > plastic bag inside the box. NOT the finished muffin.
> >

> > TIA

> What seems to be different between theirs and a garden-variety muffin recipe? And I don't mean the price....

Google works for everyone, no idea why that person is asking here.
I'd have to find one before posting it, as would most here.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 09:07:15 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:

>On Friday, March 7, 2014 10:12:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> Note; I'm looking for a clone/copycat of the powdered stuff in the
>>
>> plastic bag inside the box. NOT the finished muffin.
>>

>> TIA

>What seems to be different between theirs and a garden-variety muffin recipe? And I don't mean the price....

When mixing the batter you add water, not milk. This would seem to
indicate that there's powdered milk in the mix. Also most muffin
recipes use one or at most two eggs, the Krusteaz directions call for
three.

If nobody has a copycat recipe for the mix I'll just have to wing it.

Anyway thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 10:37:10 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 09:07:15 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
>
> > wrote:
>

> >On Friday, March 7, 2014 10:12:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> >> Note; I'm looking for a clone/copycat of the powdered stuff in the

> >> plastic bag inside the box. NOT the finished muffin.

> >> TIA

> >What seems to be different between theirs and a garden-variety muffin recipe? And I don't mean the price....

> When mixing the batter you add water, not milk. This would seem to
>
> indicate that there's powdered milk in the mix. Also most muffin
>
> recipes use one or at most two eggs, the Krusteaz directions call for
>
> three.
>

> If nobody has a copycat recipe for the mix I'll just have to wing it.
>

> Anyway thanks.

At this point...you should just go wing it and then get back to us and don't take forever!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, March 8, 2014 10:37:10 AM UTC-8, wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 09:07:15 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
>>
>> > wrote:

>> >What seems to be different between theirs and a garden-variety muffin
>> >recipe? And I don't mean the price....

>> When mixing the batter you add water, not milk. This would seem to
>>
>> indicate that there's powdered milk in the mix. Also most muffin
>>
>> recipes use one or at most two eggs, the Krusteaz directions call for
>>
>> three.
>>

>> If nobody has a copycat recipe for the mix I'll just have to wing it.
>>

>> Anyway thanks.

> At this point...you should just go wing it and then get back to us and
> don't take forever!

I am wondering why it hasn't already been done and reported back to us.
What a slacker!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 8:37:10 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 09:07:15 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
>
> > wrote:
>

> >On Friday, March 7, 2014 10:12:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> >> Note; I'm looking for a clone/copycat of the powdered stuff in the

> >> plastic bag inside the box. NOT the finished muffin.

> >> TIA

> >What seems to be different between theirs and a garden-variety muffin recipe? And I don't mean the price....

> When mixing the batter you add water, not milk. This would seem to
>
> indicate that there's powdered milk in the mix. Also most muffin
>
> recipes use one or at most two eggs, the Krusteaz directions call for
>
> three.
>

> If nobody has a copycat recipe for the mix I'll just have to wing it.
>

> Anyway thanks.

You probably won't be able to duplicate it unless you're able to incorporate fats into the powdered mix. I used to buy big bags of the Krusteaz Blueberry Muffin mix from Costco. You add water to the mix and you instantly have muffin batter - amazing! The finished product turns out swell, in my awesome opinion, as well as the opinion of 314 million Americans.

KRUSTEAZ Brooklyn1 General Cooking 5 30-01-2017 04:04 PM
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Clone Rusty[_1_] Recipes (moderated) 0 11-11-2007 03:57 AM
REC: Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Clone Rusty[_1_] General Cooking 14 11-11-2007 01:40 AM
REC: Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Clone Rusty[_1_] Baking 0 09-11-2007 05:50 PM
California's official state muffin -- the vegan muffin t.racer Vegan 0 11-03-2007 01:22 AM