Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fast Food Secret Menus?

I didn't know there were secret fast food menus anywhere except
In-N-Out, but there are! Unfortunately, most of the secret menu items
they picked to show here are pretty gross... including Animal Style
fries. http://www.ranker.com/profile-of/secret-menu-items You can
even order an Animal Style version of McDonald's fries with their
secret sauce in a cup on the side. It's almost like being in Europe!

Guilty pleasu back in the day, I was fond of A&W onion rings served
with tartar sauce (before their tartar sauce came in little packages).

FYI: Chain restaurants like Denny's, Olive Garden and Chipotle have
secret menus too. Yes, really!

If you're curious about the secret menu of any particular fast food or
chain restaurant, Google the name + "secret menu" and prepare to be
amazed.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Guilty pleasu back in the day, I was fond of A&W onion rings served
> with tartar sauce (before their tartar sauce came in little packages).

"Back in the day" like summer of 1971....we would goto an A&W drive in
and order their onion rings and a frosty glass mug of root beer. Good
eats.

> If you're curious about the secret menu of any particular fast food or
> chain restaurant, Google the name + "secret menu" and prepare to be
> amazed.

Those "secret recipes" are usually nothing like the original but most
are good tasting. The KFC recipes, for example, are all wrong but
they are all good tasting.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 9:11:25 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> I didn't know there were secret fast food menus anywhere except
>
> In-N-Out, but there are! Unfortunately, most of the secret menu items
>
> they picked to show here are pretty gross... including Animal Style
>
> fries. http://www.ranker.com/profile-of/secret-menu-items You can
>
> even order an Animal Style version of McDonald's fries with their
>
> secret sauce in a cup on the side. It's almost like being in Europe!
>

> Guilty pleasu back in the day, I was fond of A&W onion rings served
>
> with tartar sauce (before their tartar sauce came in little packages).
>

> FYI: Chain restaurants like Denny's, Olive Garden and Chipotle have
>
> secret menus too. Yes, really!
>

> If you're curious about the secret menu of any particular fast food or
>
> chain restaurant, Google the name + "secret menu" and prepare to be
>
> amazed.

I always order Whoppers with mustard instead of repulsive jarred mayo. What
I do is order no mayo, no ketchup, extra pickle, extra onion, I take off the
lettuce and tomato and munch those first, then I add two or three mustard
packets. I've also been known to order two, one of them "no bun," and make
a double Whopper with mega pickles and onions. I do that if I'm by myself
and have a BOGO Whopper coupon.

There is a sit down restaurant we eat at that does not list ala carte items
on any menu, but they will sell, "One enchilada and one tostada with no beans
or rice." I never get the full dinner option from the menu.

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> sf wrote:
>>
>> Guilty pleasu back in the day, I was fond of A&W onion rings served
>> with tartar sauce (before their tartar sauce came in little packages).

> "Back in the day" like summer of 1971....we would goto an A&W drive in
> and order their onion rings and a frosty glass mug of root beer. Good
> eats.

I have great memories of the A&W in the 60's as well. They used to have the
best subs, and the orange soda/root beer combination served in a frosted mug
with the dill pickle slice in it was actually good. A&W originated in the
town I live in, and it's still in business but haven't been there for years.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-02-25, Cheri > wrote:

> I have great memories of the A&W in the 60's as well.

Likewise, clear up till about 1980. Then, I found one in our newest
mega-mall and it was crap. A hockey puck hamburger mummified under
holding lamps, put on a dry bun, and I was directed to the salad bar
to finish building my burger. I demanded my money back and walked
out, never to patronize an A&W, again.

In the early 70s, I could still get a to-die-for root beer float and a
tuna sub at an A&W with real carhops. Yum! The food was good,
too.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> I always order Whoppers with mustard instead of repulsive jarred mayo.

lol. What's with you and the jarred mayo? I buy a whopper (or two)
maybe once every six months and I buy them made as is. I love them
for the occasionally treat.

G.