Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Healthy Foods you can Fry

Well, don’t tell your nutritionist, but you can fry kale—and a host of
other “healthy” foods, too.

1. Kale

You can go the Guy Fieri route and deep-fry shreds of the stuff—Pete
Wells be damned, it sounds amazing—or pan-fry a mound of it with a
heck of a lot of garlic. Only sticking a pinkie toe into the
deep-fried waters? Dig into a kale stir fry loaded with garlic, tofu,
and julienned red peppers.

[b:0083a50d60]
2. Avocados[/b:0083a50d60]

Expertly done, a fried slice of avocado is creamy on the inside and
crunchy on the outside. Dunked in some lime-sriracha mayo, it is
positively divine.

[b:0083a50d60]3. Broccoli[/b:0083a50d60]

Say goodbye to sad stalks of steamed broccoli and hello to the golden,
tempura-crusted broccoli at No. 7 in Brooklyn. “Once fried, the top
portion of each floret becomes soft and doughy on the inside, like a
moist, savory doughnut,” cooed Slate’s L.V. Anderson. “While the
florets become meltingly tender, the stalks just steam through,
retaining some of their crunch.” We can get down with that.

4. Chickpeas

Chickpeas get wonderfully crunchy after about five minutes in 355
degree oil. This version is zinged up with smoked paprika and a burst
of lemon zest.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...3502#270033502

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MummyChunk > wrote:
> Well, don’t tell your nutritionist, but you can fry kale—and a host of
> other “healthy” foods, too.
>

> 1. Kale
>

> You can go the Guy Fieri route and deep-fry shreds of the stuff—Pete
> Wells be damned, it sounds amazing—or pan-fry a mound of it with a
> heck of a lot of garlic. Only sticking a pinkie toe into the
> deep-fried waters? Dig into a kale stir fry loaded with garlic, tofu,
> and julienned red peppers.
>
> [b:0083a50d60]
> 2. Avocados[/b:0083a50d60]
>
> Expertly done, a fried slice of avocado is creamy on the inside and
> crunchy on the outside. Dunked in some lime-sriracha mayo, it is
> positively divine.
>

> [b:0083a50d60]3. Broccoli[/b:0083a50d60]
>
> Say goodbye to sad stalks of steamed broccoli and hello to the golden,
> tempura-crusted broccoli at No. 7 in Brooklyn. “Once fried, the top
> portion of each floret becomes soft and doughy on the inside, like a
> moist, savory doughnut,” cooed Slate’s L.V. Anderson. “While the
> florets become meltingly tender, the stalks just steam through,
> retaining some of their crunch.” We can get down with that.
>

> 4. Chickpeas
>

> Chickpeas get wonderfully crunchy after about five minutes in 355
> degree oil. This version is zinged up with smoked paprika and a burst
> of lemon zest.
>
> View the attachments for this post at:
> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...3502#270033502

Ugh, fried avocado? Heated avocado tastes like aspirin. It should never,
ever be cooked and ideally it should spend only minimal time in contact
with hot foods before being eaten.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:26:36 AM UTC-6, Oregonian Haruspex wrote:
> MummyChunk > wrote:
>
> > Well, don’t tell your nutritionist, but you can fry kale—and a host of

> > other “healthy” foods, too.

> > 1. Kale

> > You can go the Guy Fieri route and deep-fry shreds of the stuff—Pete

> > Wells be damned, it sounds amazing—or pan-fry a mound of it with a

> > heck of a lot of garlic. Only sticking a pinkie toe into the

> > deep-fried waters? Dig into a kale stir fry loaded with garlic, tofu,

> > and julienned red peppers.

> > [b:0083a50d60]

> > 2. Avocados[/b:0083a50d60]

> > Expertly done, a fried slice of avocado is creamy on the inside and

> > crunchy on the outside. Dunked in some lime-sriracha mayo, it is

> > positively divine.

> > [b:0083a50d60]3. Broccoli[/b:0083a50d60]

> > Say goodbye to sad stalks of steamed broccoli and hello to the golden,

> > tempura-crusted broccoli at No. 7 in Brooklyn. “Once fried, the top

> > portion of each floret becomes soft and doughy on the inside, like a

> > moist, savory doughnut,” cooed Slate’s L.V. Anderson. “While the

> > florets become meltingly tender, the stalks just steam through,

> > retaining some of their crunch.” We can get down with that.

> > 4. Chickpeas

> > Chickpeas get wonderfully crunchy after about five minutes in 355

> > degree oil. This version is zinged up with smoked paprika and a burst

> > of lemon zest.

> > View the attachments for this post at:

> > http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...3502#270033502

> Ugh, fried avocado? Heated avocado tastes like aspirin. It should never,
>
> ever be cooked and ideally it should spend only minimal time in contact
>
> with hot foods before being eaten.

You are 100% correct. MummyChunk is a worthless moron.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 03:36:35 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
>You are 100% correct. MummyChunk is a worthless moron.
>
>--Bryan

**** YOU BRYAN!!! You are a Narcissitic blathering pseudointellectual!

How does that feel? Not at all? Good, means your neurosis is
adequately insulating you from feeling anything!

Whatta mess! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:12:03 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 03:36:35 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW

> >You are 100% correct. MummyChunk is a worthless moron.

> >--Bryan

> **** YOU BRYAN!!! You are a Narcissitic blathering pseudointellectual!
>

> How does that feel? Not at all? Good, means your neurosis is
>
> adequately insulating you from feeling anything!
>

> Whatta mess! :-(

They're laughing at you, John, just like on alt.punk.

> John Kuthe...

--B

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 05:11:22 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:12:03 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 03:36:35 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
>>
>> > wrote:

>> >You are 100% correct. MummyChunk is a worthless moron.

>> >--Bryan

>> **** YOU BRYAN!!! You are a Narcissitic blathering pseudointellectual!
>>

>> How does that feel? Not at all? Good, means your neurosis is
>>
>> adequately insulating you from feeling anything!
>>

>> Whatta mess! :-(
>>

>They're laughing at you, John, just like on alt.punk.
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>--B

Cool! Glad to being joy and happiness to others!

You? You just disgust others. A pity!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 09:26:36 +0000 (UTC), Oregonian Haruspex
> wrote:

> Ugh, fried avocado? Heated avocado tastes like aspirin. It should never,
> ever be cooked and ideally it should spend only minimal time in contact
> with hot foods before being eaten.

I guess you wouldn't like this recipe then.
http://www.adventures-in-cooking.com...tro-lemon.html

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MummyChunk wrote:
> Well, don’t tell your nutritionist, but you can fry kale—and a host of
> other “healthy” foods, too.
>
> 1. Kale
>

> You can go the Guy Fieri route and deep-fry shreds of the stuff—Pete
> Wells be damned, it sounds amazing—or pan-fry a mound of it with a
> heck of a lot of garlic. Only sticking a pinkie toe into the
> deep-fried waters? Dig into a kale stir fry loaded with garlic, tofu,
> and julienned red peppers.

Pan-fried kale is good - we've been doing that a lot here lately. It
doesn't wilt away to nothing the way spinach leaves do.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:39:56 -0500, "Steve Freides" >
wrote:

>MummyChunk wrote:
>> Well, don’t tell your nutritionist, but you can fry kale—and a host of
>> other “healthy” foods, too.
>>
>> 1. Kale
>>

>> You can go the Guy Fieri route and deep-fry shreds of the stuff—Pete
>> Wells be damned, it sounds amazing—or pan-fry a mound of it with a
>> heck of a lot of garlic. Only sticking a pinkie toe into the
>> deep-fried waters? Dig into a kale stir fry loaded with garlic, tofu,
>> and julienned red peppers.

>Pan-fried kale is good - we've been doing that a lot here lately. It
>doesn't wilt away to nothing the way spinach leaves do.

I pan fry Kale regularly, even if only to save dirtying another pot.
Works well and delicious.

Healthy Foods to Prevent Diabetes Checkmyhealth Diabetic 0 04-01-2012 10:44 AM
healthy foods chariece20 Diabetic 12 25-08-2011 07:33 AM
delicious and healthy foods guiller General Cooking 1 28-02-2011 12:28 PM
Healthy food is cheaper than unhealthy foods Beach Runner Vegan 0 09-08-2005 01:39 AM
9 year old won't eat healthy foods H General Cooking 166 06-08-2004 01:02 PM