Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Manly" hamburgers

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 02:04:52 -0500, Travis McGee >
wrote:

>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-maga...nitor-26160596
>
>Looks pretty good, although looking up the ingredients took a bit of time.

Whenever I buy my ground beef, I almost always save one meal's worth
and make myself a "burger with stuff in it". Usually a finely chopped
mushroom, some black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, dried
basil, a teaspoon or so of a large container of dried onions I have, a
shot of worchestershire, red wine and whatever BBQ sauce I have on my
shelf.

And it's always delicious! Of course it helps that I start with the
best ground beef in STL, from Straub's:

http://www.straubs.com

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 14, 2014 9:04:02 AM UTC-6, John "The One Trick Gelding" Kuthe wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 02:04:52 -0500, Travis McGee >
>
> wrote:
>

> >http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-maga...nitor-26160596

> >Looks pretty good, although looking up the ingredients took a bit of time.

> Whenever I buy my ground beef, I almost always save one meal's worth
>
> and make myself a "burger with stuff in it". Usually a finely chopped
>
> mushroom, some black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, dried
>
> basil, a teaspoon or so of a large container of dried onions I have, a
>
> shot of worchestershire, red wine and whatever BBQ sauce I have on my
>
> shelf.

Burger with crap in it. You'd have fit right in as a 1960s housewife,
except you don't put out.

> John Kuthe...

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:15:35 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 14, 2014 9:04:02 AM UTC-6, John "The One Trick Gelding" Kuthe wrote:
>> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 02:04:52 -0500, Travis McGee >
>>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-maga...nitor-26160596

>> >Looks pretty good, although looking up the ingredients took a bit of time.

>> Whenever I buy my ground beef, I almost always save one meal's worth
>>
>> and make myself a "burger with stuff in it". Usually a finely chopped
>>
>> mushroom, some black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, dried
>>
>> basil, a teaspoon or so of a large container of dried onions I have, a
>>
>> shot of worchestershire, red wine and whatever BBQ sauce I have on my
>>
>> shelf.
>>

>Burger with crap in it. You'd have fit right in as a 1960s housewife,
>except you don't put out.
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>--B

Good hamburger with good crap in it!

Your's is NOT the be-all and end-all of what's good food to everyone
else, ya egocentric idiot!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
>Travis McGee wrote:
>
>>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-maga...nitor-26160596
>>
>>Looks pretty good, although looking up the ingredients took a bit of time.

>Whenever I buy my ground beef,

MYSTERY MEAT!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:48:30 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>>Travis McGee wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-maga...nitor-26160596
>>>
>>>Looks pretty good, although looking up the ingredients took a bit of time.

>>Whenever I buy my ground beef,

>MYSTERY MEAT!

No, they grind it right there in their butcher departments, in each
Straub's store. Best ground beef in STL! They's show me what they'd
grind up if I asked them, but I trust them.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 14, 2014 3:05:14 PM UTC-6, John "The One Trick Gelding" Kuthe wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:48:30 -0500, Brooklyn1
>
> > wrote:
>

> >John Kuthe wrote:

> >>Whenever I buy my ground beef,

> >MYSTERY MEAT!

> No, they grind it right there in their butcher departments, in each
>
> Straub's store. Best ground beef in STL! They's show me what they'd
>
> grind up if I asked them, but I trust them.

They grind ground beef fresh at Maplewood Shop'n Save too. What *exactly*
makes Straub's ground beef better than this?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/5252051972/

Shop'n Save grinds fresh every day too. Around noon, they mark down the
previous day's product. I mean, what the Hell is the difference if ground
beef is made from prime, choice, or select?

Of course, if you're slopping in dehydrated onion, powdered garlic, and a
bunch of other stuff, including "whatever BBQ sauce," you'd have to be a
nutcase to think there'd be any difference remaining, even if there'd ever
been one.

> John Kuthe...

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 05:24:20 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 14, 2014 3:05:14 PM UTC-6, John "The One Trick Gelding" Kuthe wrote:
>> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:48:30 -0500, Brooklyn1
>>
>> > wrote:

>> >MYSTERY MEAT!

>> No, they grind it right there in their butcher departments, in each
>>
>> Straub's store. Best ground beef in STL! They's show me what they'd
>>
>> grind up if I asked them, but I trust them.
>>

>They grind ground beef fresh at Maplewood Shop'n Save too. What *exactly*
>makes Straub's ground beef better than this?
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/5252051972/
>
>Shop'n Save grinds fresh every day too. Around noon, they mark down the
>previous day's product. I mean, what the Hell is the difference if ground
>beef is made from prime, choice, or select?
>
>Of course, if you're slopping in dehydrated onion, powdered garlic, and a
>bunch of other stuff, including "whatever BBQ sauce," you'd have to be a
>nutcase to think there'd be any difference remaining, even if there'd ever
>been one.
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>--B

Straub's buys and stocks better grades of beef than your precious SnS!

But of course you know this, you are just being arbitirarily
argumentative! And I've always said Bryan, that I've never eaten
anything bad that you've made. But then again, I've never eaten
anything exceptionally good that you've made either! Save for that one
time that you made way over smoked chicken! (The morels didn't count,
you didn't "make" them!)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:50:52 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:

> Straub's buys and stocks better grades of beef than your precious SnS!

Which makes a difference with steaks, roasts, even stew meat, but ground beef?
How does superior tenderness and marbling translate into better *ground* beef?

It doesn't. And Straub's uses their upscale reputation to con folks into
buying "Kobe" hamburger too.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/821006

> John Kuthe...

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 06:38:05 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:50:52 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> Straub's buys and stocks better grades of beef than your precious SnS!
>>

>Which makes a difference with steaks, roasts, even stew meat, but ground beef?
>How does superior tenderness and marbling translate into better *ground* beef?
>
>It doesn't. And Straub's uses their upscale reputation to con folks into
>buying "Kobe" hamburger too.
>
>http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/821006
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>--B

You are the proverbial "proof in the pudding" that demonstrates
"belief makes it so!" Because to you, whatever BRYAN SAYS is the best!

Isn't being mired in subjectivity wonderful?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:57:20 AM UTC-6, John "The One Trick Gelding"
Kuthe wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 06:38:05 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
>
> > wrote:
>

> >On Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:50:52 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:

> >> Straub's buys and stocks better grades of beef than your precious SnS!

> >Which makes a difference with steaks, roasts, even stew meat, but ground beef?

> >How does superior tenderness and marbling translate into better *ground* beef?

> >It doesn't. And Straub's uses their upscale reputation to con folks into

> >buying "Kobe" hamburger too.

> >http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/821006

> >> John Kuthe...

> >--B

> You are the proverbial "proof in the pudding" that demonstrates
>
> "belief makes it so!" Because to you, whatever BRYAN SAYS is the best!
>

> Isn't being mired in subjectivity wonderful?

Isn't being a chump who's taken in by the hype, and the desire to feel
like he's eating the ground beef of the elite wonderful?

So, just how does ground beef from more highly graded beef differ, except
in image?

> John Kuthe...

--B

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 07:07:18 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:57:20 AM UTC-6, John "The One Trick Gelding"
> Kuthe wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 06:38:05 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
>>
>> > wrote:

>> >Which makes a difference with steaks, roasts, even stew meat, but ground beef?

>> >How does superior tenderness and marbling translate into better *ground* beef?

>> >It doesn't. And Straub's uses their upscale reputation to con folks into

>> >buying "Kobe" hamburger too.

>> >http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/821006

>> >--B

>> You are the proverbial "proof in the pudding" that demonstrates
>>
>> "belief makes it so!" Because to you, whatever BRYAN SAYS is the best!
>>

>> Isn't being mired in subjectivity wonderful?
>>

>Isn't being a chump who's taken in by the hype, and the desire to feel
>like he's eating the ground beef of the elite wonderful?
>
>So, just how does ground beef from more highly graded beef differ, except
>in image?
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>--B

How does it feel to know that your opinions have little to nothing to
do with anything outside yourSELF?

Now: last word me again!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 09:24:56 -0600, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 07:07:18 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:57:20 AM UTC-6, John "The One Trick Gelding"
>> Kuthe wrote:
>>> On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 06:38:05 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW

>>> You are the proverbial "proof in the pudding" that demonstrates
>>>
>>> "belief makes it so!" Because to you, whatever BRYAN SAYS is the best!
>>>

>>> Isn't being mired in subjectivity wonderful?
>>>

>>Isn't being a chump who's taken in by the hype, and the desire to feel
>>like he's eating the ground beef of the elite wonderful?
>>
>>So, just how does ground beef from more highly graded beef differ, except
>>in image?
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>>--B

>How does it feel to know that your opinions have little to nothing to
>do with anything outside yourSELF?
>
>Now: last word me again!
>
>John Kuthe...

Yoose two dumbass faggots will never get it... grinding meat oneself
has not a whit to do with grade/cut.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:18:10 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 09:24:56 -0600, John Kuthe >
>
> wrote:
>

> >On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 07:07:18 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW

> > wrote:

> >>Isn't being a chump who's taken in by the hype, and the desire to feel

> >>like he's eating the ground beef of the elite wonderful?

> >>So, just how does ground beef from more highly graded beef differ, except

> >>in image?

> >>--B

> >How does it feel to know that your opinions have little to nothing to

> >do with anything outside yourSELF?

> >Now: last word me again!

> >John Kuthe...

> Yoose two dumbass faggots will never get it... grinding meat oneself
>
> has not a whit to do with grade/cut.

*I* know that, Sheldon, and if you could distract yourself from your
homoerotic/homophobic complex long enough, you'd have realized that.

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 09:43:32 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:18:10 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 09:24:56 -0600, John Kuthe >
>>
>> wrote:

>> >How does it feel to know that your opinions have little to nothing to

>> >do with anything outside yourSELF?

>> >Now: last word me again!

>> >John Kuthe...

>> Yoose two dumbass faggots will never get it... grinding meat oneself
>>
>> has not a whit to do with grade/cut.

>*I* know that, Sheldon, and if you could distract yourself from your
>homoerotic/homophobic complex long enough, you'd have realized that.
>
>--B

Aw Sheldon! You just HAD to give him an excuse, didn't you?

Bryan was TRYING so hard NOT to "last word" me, and YOU gave him an
excuse! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:49:19 AM UTC-6, John "The One Trick Gelding" Kuthe wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 09:43:32 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
>
> > wrote:
>

> >On Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:18:10 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> >> Yoose two dumbass faggots will never get it... grinding meat oneself

> >> has not a whit to do with grade/cut.

> >*I* know that, Sheldon, and if you could distract yourself from your

> >homoerotic/homophobic complex long enough, you'd have realized that.

> >--B

> Aw Sheldon! You just HAD to give him an excuse, didn't you?
>

> Bryan was TRYING so hard NOT to "last word" me, and YOU gave him an
>
> excuse! ;-)

No, John. It was just that you hadn't written anything interesting enough
to reply to, and I knew if I asked again about the difference in ground beef
made from higher grade beef, you'd sidestep the question.

> John Kuthe...

--B

Article: "Manly Men Eat Spicy Food. It's Just Science Fact" [email protected] General Cooking 218 08-06-2015 10:51 PM
"Manly" hamburgers gtr General Cooking 3 14-02-2014 11:48 PM
The secret of McDonald's "hamburgers" revealed MR b0R rehpyC General Cooking 11 02-12-2007 05:05 PM
The "Manly" way to cook! (link) Omelet[_2_] General Cooking 0 28-10-2007 09:31 PM