Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ripen bananas

We have family coming in. Must have? banana bread. Nary a ripe banana
available. I did a little net search and discovered pale yellow and greenish
bananas can be baked in a 300 degree oven for an hour. The peel will turn
black and the innards quite acceptable to mash for the bread. Probably it is
a 'cooking with love' thing, but I use brown sugar, good vanilla and lightly
toasted pecans. They always scrape the pan for crumbs to sprinkle on ice
cream or peaches so I'm thinking I have this one aced. Polly