Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pavlova - a WIP

I used a recipe from the Edmonds Cookbook as advised by a New Zealand
friend. Beating the meringue was not the familiar way for me -- in this
recipe the egg whites and sugar and beated together from the get-go. I
will be curious to see if it has the characteristic soft interior a pav
is supposed to have. Stay tuned. Now I gotta find someone who'll eat
it!
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/23/2014 10:04 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I used a recipe from the Edmonds Cookbook as advised by a New Zealand
> friend. Beating the meringue was not the familiar way for me -- in this
> recipe the egg whites and sugar and beated together from the get-go. I
> will be curious to see if it has the characteristic soft interior a pav
> is supposed to have. Stay tuned. Now I gotta find someone who'll eat
> it!

Me! Me! Me!

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:23:51 -0600, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

>On 1/23/2014 10:04 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> I used a recipe from the Edmonds Cookbook as advised by a New Zealand
>> friend. Beating the meringue was not the familiar way for me -- in this
>> recipe the egg whites and sugar and beated together from the get-go. I
>> will be curious to see if it has the characteristic soft interior a pav
>> is supposed to have. Stay tuned. Now I gotta find someone who'll eat
>> it!
>>

>Me! Me! Me!

Wait a minute! Did you hear what the temps are up there? Careful,
woman.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2014 4:20 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:23:51 -0600, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/23/2014 10:04 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>> I used a recipe from the Edmonds Cookbook as advised by a New Zealand
>>> friend. Beating the meringue was not the familiar way for me -- in this
>>> recipe the egg whites and sugar and beated together from the get-go. I
>>> will be curious to see if it has the characteristic soft interior a pav
>>> is supposed to have. Stay tuned. Now I gotta find someone who'll eat
>>> it!
>>>

>> Me! Me! Me!

> Wait a minute! Did you hear what the temps are up there? Careful,
> woman.
> Janet US

She can bring it here and warm up while she's at it. :-)

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article m>,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> On 1/23/2014 10:04 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > I used a recipe from the Edmonds Cookbook as advised by a New Zealand
> > friend. Beating the meringue was not the familiar way for me -- in this
> > recipe the egg whites and sugar and beated together from the get-go. I
> > will be curious to see if it has the characteristic soft interior a pav
> > is supposed to have. Stay tuned. Now I gotta find someone who'll eat
> > it!
> >

> Me! Me! Me!

:-) Next time.
We have good friends we haven't seen in a long time. I'd been kicking
around in my head the idea of inviting them (it would have been short
notice) and trying to decide if I wanted to shovel the house and if the
desire to have them in for dinner and a looksee at my new kitchen would
outweigh the need to do some crisis cleaning. While I was thinking
about it, the phone rang‹our friend, telling us they'd be in our
community and would we like to meet up for dinner somewhere that
evening. LOL!! I invited them here and then Rob and I set to the
Crisis Cleaning ‹ My True Love does a fine job vacuuming and dusting and
I can box and hide well! I have no shame. They braved some pretty
shitty weather and arrived about 15 minutes before the popovers were due
to come out of the oven. A really, really nice evening with two of
the finest people you'd ever hope to meet. Mr. used to post here and
Mrs. acted as my brother's advocate as we were sorting out options for
his care (she's a social worker and wanted to make sure that his desires
were heard). The pot roast was good, the carrots excellent, the
potatoes properly lumpy, the gravy hot, the pickled cherries and bread &
butter pickles were delicious, and dessert and coffee were the icing on
the cake, so to speak. It had been too long since we'd talked or seen
them. That kind of "OMG, I was JUST thinking about you" happens to me
frequently. If he hadn't called me, I was within 10 minutes of calling
him. We are lucky to know them.
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Bostwick > wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:23:51 -0600, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:
>
> >On 1/23/2014 10:04 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >> I used a recipe from the Edmonds Cookbook as advised by a New Zealand
> >> friend. Beating the meringue was not the familiar way for me -- in this
> >> recipe the egg whites and sugar and beated together from the get-go. I
> >> will be curious to see if it has the characteristic soft interior a pav
> >> is supposed to have. Stay tuned. Now I gotta find someone who'll eat
> >> it!
> >>

> >Me! Me! Me!

> Wait a minute! Did you hear what the temps are up there? Careful,
> woman.
> Janet US

Oh, GOD!! We've already been through the wringer (Beck said the kids
are likely to be in school until July, making up days lost to weather)
and there's more of this sh** coming tonight -- the cold weather sh**.
The white shovelable sh** came overnight. Why I'm not in the Caribbean
is a damned mystery to me!
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article m>,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> On 1/24/2014 4:20 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> > On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:23:51 -0600, Janet Wilder >
> > wrote:

> >> Me! Me! Me!

> > Wait a minute! Did you hear what the temps are up there? Careful,
> > woman.
> > Janet US
> >

> She can bring it here and warm up while she's at it. :-)

Be careful what you wish for, Woman!
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.

Pavlova Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 131 31-10-2014 09:44 PM
Pavlova Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 08-09-2006 07:36 PM
pavlova Tim Recipes 0 16-12-2005 12:32 AM
Pavlova Daisy General Cooking 1 07-03-2004 01:11 AM
Pavlova Duckie ® Recipes 0 30-01-2004 12:19 AM