Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jon Favreau film “Chef” premiering at SXSW Film

Jon Favreau film “Chef” premiering at SXSW Film

Published Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014 | 1:03 p.m.

Updated 1 hour, 51 minutes ago

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The South by Southwest Film Festival will kick off
this March with the world premiere of the new Jon Favreau film, "Chef."

Favreau wrote, directed and stars in the film about a chef who loses his
restaurant job and tries to rebuild his life by opening a food truck.

The cast includes Sofia Vergara, Scarlett Johansson, John Leguizamo,
Bobby Cannavale, Dustin Hoffman and Robert Downey Jr.

The film will screen on March 7 at the 10-day film, music and
interactive festival in Austin, Texas.

Other films premiering in Austin include "Break Point," ''Creep,"
''COSMOS: A SpaceTime Odyssey," ''Doc of the Dead," ''Leave the World
Behind" and the Kickstarter-funded "Veronica Mars."

In addition to films, the festival includes workshops, lectures and
industry meetings.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jon Favreau film ˇ§Chefˇ¨ premiering at SXSW Film

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 17:57:02 -0500, Travis McGee wrote:
>
>> AUSTIN, Texas (AP) ˇX The South by Southwest Film Festival will kick
>> off this March with the world premiere of the new Jon Favreau film,
>> "Chef."
>>
>> Favreau wrote, directed and stars in the film about a chef who loses
>> his restaurant job and tries to rebuild his life by opening a food
>> truck.

> That describes about 1,100 other people in Austin to date.

1,100 people who also make films they wrote, directed, and starred in,
or 1,100 people who lose their restaurant job and open a food truck?

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/9/2014 7:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Look like the top names are mostly cameo type
> stuff.
>
> -sw

http://unintendedpenis.files.wordpre...D400%26h%3D470
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/9/2014 8:28 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Probably
> closer to triple or quadruple.
>
> -sw

http://img0.etsystatic.com/010/0/584...22770_rqf2.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2014-01-10 19:54:35 +0000, jmcquown said:

>>> The food truck was on that same patch for maybe two months. Then it
>>> disappeared. I suspect they were run off. They probably didn't have
>>> permission to set up where they did. Nor a license to sell food. Who
>>> knows where the stuff they were cooking came from?

>> They may have been renegade cooks. Food trucks are subject to the same
>> food service safety regulations and inspections as restaurants.

> Uh, yes. That's why I think they fled. The hadn't bothered with
> health dept. certificates. They could have been selling drugs, too.
> <shrug> At any rate, they didn't hang around for long.

How was business? Two month's is enough to clear a zillion or two
zillion dollars depending on the traffic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/10/2014 5:36 PM, gtr wrote:

>>> They may have been renegade cooks. Food trucks are subject to the same
>>> food service safety regulations and inspections as restaurants.

>> Uh, yes. That's why I think they fled. The hadn't bothered with
>> health dept. certificates. They could have been selling drugs, too.
>> <shrug> At any rate, they didn't hang around for long.

> How was business? Two month's is enough to clear a zillion or two
> zillion dollars depending on the traffic.

I dunno. I never saw anyone buying food from them. They were parked
right across from a park where some people like to loiter.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 22:15:12 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> That describes about 1,100 other people in Austin to date.

>> 1,100 people who also make films they wrote, directed, and starred
>> in, or 1,100 people who lose their restaurant job and open a food
>> truck?

> I am of course referring to the last thing I quoted. It just seems
> appropriate to air it in Austin - one of the first cities to host the
> recent wave of the food truck craze.

I had no idea there was a food truck craze anywhere. When I was a
student at Temple University in Philadelphia in the 1970's, the street
were lined with food trucks and most of it was very good. A musician
friend of mine opened a restaurant at the University of Pennsylvania
campus in West Philly - his father had been in the restaurant business,
and he's now a big success and has been so since then. I drove the
school bus to the welders to get the seats removed and some tables put
in. Le Bus for those of you in Philly.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2014 12:36 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> We have as many food truck meccas as we do graveyards.

Entomb yourself in the latter, soon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2014 12:41 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> A*successful* food truck does not just disappear.
>
> -sw

Bullshit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2014 12:44 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Damned HIPPIES!
>
> -sw

STFU, stalker.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2014 12:50 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Those damned renegade, uninspected, drug-peddlers

But enough about YOUR family...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 01:50:11 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> Those damned renegade, uninspected, drug-peddlers making zillions of
> dollars MUST BE STOPPED!
>
> -sw

>> Omelet wrote:
>>
>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...
>>
>> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
>> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
>> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
>> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
>> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 01:44:27 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> Damned HIPPIES!
>
> -sw

>> Omelet wrote:
>>
>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...
>>
>> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
>> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
>> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
>> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
>> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 01:41:13 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> They weren't run off - they simply folded.
>
> A *successful* food truck does not just disappear.
>
> -sw

>> Omelet wrote:
>>
>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...
>>
>> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
>> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
>> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
>> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
>> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking