Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

Default Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 15:13:58 +0000, DVH > wrote:

>On 05/01/2014 14:23, abelard wrote:

>>> I was quite careful to say "the other side", not the waste pipes or
>>> other forms of egress.

>> so how many sides has your tent? i remind you that a normal
>> cube has 6 sides....

>Or so it's claimed. Can you see 6 faces simultaneously? No, I thought not.

that depends on which side i'm standing...or don't you
believe in relatives either?

--
www.abelard.org

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

"DVH" > wrote in message ...
> On 05/01/2014 13:43, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "abelard" > wrote in message
>>> On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 13:35:23 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"

>>> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
>>> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
>>> or get yourself qualified...

>> Nobody will know if you don't tell.

> Just the endless procession of cattle entering the kitchen door and
> nothing coming out the other side.

yers

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

"DVH" > wrote in message ...
> On 05/01/2014 14:23, abelard wrote:

SNIP

>> so how many sides has your tent? i remind you that a normal
>> cube has 6 sides....

> Or so it's claimed. Can you see 6 faces simultaneously? No, I thought not.

I have a perspex cube and can see all six faces simultaneously.

I can also see all six faces of the inside of [say] my bedroom, although not
all at the same time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

"Farmer Giles" > wrote in message
o.uk...
> On 05/01/2014 13:40, abelard wrote:

>>> There generally is in the UK, unless you stick to game...

>> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
>> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
>> or get yourself qualified...
>>

> You don't need a licence to kill your own livestock for your own
> consumption.

But generally you need an abbatoir.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 5, 2014 3:08:18 AM UTC-6, John J wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jan 2014 18:47:17 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
>
> > wrote:
>

> >On Saturday, January 4, 2014 7:48:21 PM UTC-6, White Spirit wrote:

> >> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.

> >> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a

> >> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.

> >> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

> >Morrissey and McCartney should be forced to bugger each other on video, with

> >the threat that if they don't, animals will be vivisected repeatedly until

> >they comply.

> Dear resident psycho, what did McCartney do except be a vegetarian?

Getting all preachy about it. Besides, he's pretty sickening to begin with. Notice that I didn't think he deserved Morrissey's fate.

> John

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 5, 2014 5:25:26 AM UTC-6, Uncle Peter wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 01:48:21 -0000, White Spirit > wrote:
>

> > Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.

> > Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a

> > butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.

> > <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

> It's worse, eating meat involves death, paedophilia usually doesn't.

I saw an article about offensive t-shirts, and there was one that said,

CALM DOWN DEAR
Let's not turn this
rape into a murder.

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On 05/01/2014 15:37, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
> "Farmer Giles" > wrote in message
> o.uk...
>> On 05/01/2014 13:40, abelard wrote:
>>> On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 13:35:23 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"

>>> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
>>> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
>>> or get yourself qualified...
>>>

>> You don't need a licence to kill your own livestock for your own
>> consumption.

> But generally you need an abbatoir.

By law? Which one is that?

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-01-05, John J > wrote:

> Dear resident psycho, what did McCartney do except be a vegetarian?

Gave fifty million dollars to a gimp in a divorce settlement?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 5, 2014 10:49:09 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
> On 2014-01-05, John J > wrote:
>

> > Dear resident psycho, what did McCartney do except be a vegetarian?

> Gave fifty million dollars to a gimp in a divorce settlement?

With all of the legitimate negative things you could say about her, you go after her for a disability.

> nb

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 15:37:56 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
> wrote:

>"Farmer Giles" > wrote in message
>news:9tednenige_q9lTPnZ2dnUVZ8vCdnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...
>> On 05/01/2014 13:40, abelard wrote:
>>> On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 13:35:23 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"

>>> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
>>> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
>>> or get yourself qualified...

>> You don't need a licence to kill your own livestock for your own
>> consumption.

>But generally you need an abbatoir.

i know of no such requirement

--
www.abelard.org

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On 2014\01\05 15:36, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
> "DVH" > wrote in message ...
>> On 05/01/2014 14:23, abelard wrote:

> SNIP
>>
>>> so how many sides has your tent? i remind you that a normal
>>> cube has 6 sides....

>> Or so it's claimed. Can you see 6 faces simultaneously? No, I thought not.

> I have a perspex cube and can see all six faces simultaneously.
>
> I can also see all six faces of the inside of [say] my bedroom, although not
> all at the same time.

Stand in a corner and you can see all six simultaneously.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On 05/01/2014 15:36, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
> "DVH" > wrote in message ...
>> On 05/01/2014 14:23, abelard wrote:

> SNIP
>>
>>> so how many sides has your tent? i remind you that a normal
>>> cube has 6 sides....

>> Or so it's claimed. Can you see 6 faces simultaneously? No, I thought not.

> I have a perspex cube and can see all six faces simultaneously.
>
> I can also see all six faces of the inside of [say] my bedroom, although not
> all at the same time.

But they can see you.

Have you not noticed when you walk into the room, they all look round?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 18:58:32 +0000, DVH > wrote:

>On 05/01/2014 15:36, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
>> "DVH" > wrote in message ...
>>> On 05/01/2014 14:23, abelard wrote:

>> SNIP

>>> Or so it's claimed. Can you see 6 faces simultaneously? No, I thought not.

>> I have a perspex cube and can see all six faces simultaneously.
>>
>> I can also see all six faces of the inside of [say] my bedroom, although not
>> all at the same time.

>But they can see you.
>
>Have you not noticed when you walk into the room, they all look round?

they look like recessional squares to me

but the corners do seem to follow me as i move

--
www.abelard.org

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On 05/01/2014 19:21, abelard wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 18:58:32 +0000, DVH > wrote:

>>> SNIP

>>> I have a perspex cube and can see all six faces simultaneously.
>>>
>>> I can also see all six faces of the inside of [say] my bedroom, although not
>>> all at the same time.

>> But they can see you.
>>
>> Have you not noticed when you walk into the room, they all look round?

> they look like recessional squares to me

That might be a side-effect of the atmospheric perspective. Too much
incense?

> but the corners do seem to follow me as i move

Clearly some parallel lines are finally going to meet. Keep a close eye
on them, and see if they cross over.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

>I have never eaten a duck and most of my meals are vegan.

Is there a reason for this regime?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 10:45:50 +0000, Basil Jet >
wrote:

>On 2014\01\05 06:45, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I have never eaten a duck and most of my meals are vegan.

>What if your meal was vegan, but it walked like a duck and quacked like
>a duck?

Perhaps Julie weighs the same as a duck, and therefore made of wood...
Which can mean only one thing...
Would explain a lot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 03:14:55 +0000, White Spirit
> wrote:

>On 05/01/14 03:10, Jeßus wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't eat a jew if you paid me.

>Anti-Semite.

Sigh. There's no pleasing them!
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 22:22:10 -0500, Hench > wrote:

>On 1/4/2014 10:09 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 01:48:21 +0000, White Spirit
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>>>
>>> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>>> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>>>
>>> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

>> <Haven't look at that link, no need to>
>>
>> Such a shame, as The Smiths made excellent music but Morrissey's
>> opinions are generally crap.
>>
>> There is no need to use an Abattoir just because you eat meat.
>>

>I like Morrissey's music, but seeing that the Smith's biggest selling
>album was entitled "Meat is Murder" I understand what his gig is. I can
>separate the music from the message/politics and most people can
>
>Ironically his video for the "Closer I Get" had people questioning if
>Morrissey was a paedoiphile

Can't recall that video, I'll have to check it out before making a
judgment like that. A lot of ppl are too quick to accuse ppl of that
particular crime.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 20:05:46 +1100, John J > wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:09:56 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 01:48:21 +0000, White Spirit
> wrote:
>>
>>>Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>>>
>>>Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>>>butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>>>
>>><http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

>><Haven't look at that link, no need to>
>>
>>Such a shame, as The Smiths made excellent music but Morrissey's
>>opinions are generally crap.
>>
>>There is no need to use an Abattoir just because you eat meat.

>Are you saying all the meat eaters should move to the hills and kill
>their own?

No.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 13:43:35 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"abelard" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>There generally is in the UK, unless you stick to game...

>> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
>> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
>> or get yourself qualified...

>Nobody will know if you don't tell.

Exactly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 11:18:48 +0000, Andy Wainwright
> wrote:

>On 05/01/2014 01:48, White Spirit wrote:
>> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>>
>> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>>
>> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>
>>

>Vegitarianism does offer some real bonuses to people as well as animals,
>namely the ability to sustain larger populations on the same amount of land.

That's certainly not a good reason. Even if true, that will only help
increase the population - which is the last thing we need.

>The problem for most is a vegitarian diet requires better cookery skills
>than most people, including myself, posess. There's more effort required
>in ensuring the correct vitamin and mineral balance through chosing
>food, especially for vegans.

Indeed and most are realistically not capable of maintaining a
balanced vegetarian diet.

>Eating less meat would be in both human and animal interest- the meat
>still eaten could be raised to higher welfare standards.

That is a good argument - less but better quality and more humanely
raised meat is something I don't have an issue with.

>Like quitting smoking, going veggie isn't easy, I think we could help by
>teaching and promoting it in school.

That is rife with problems...
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On 05/01/14 14:08, DVH wrote:

> On 05/01/2014 13:43, Ophelia wrote:

>> "abelard" > wrote in message

>>> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
>>> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
>>> or get yourself qualified...

>> Nobody will know if you don't tell.

> Just the endless procession of cattle entering the kitchen door and
> nothing coming out the other side.

Are you saying that cattle don't go to the afterlife?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On 05/01/14 11:18, Andy Wainwright wrote:

> Like quitting smoking, going veggie isn't easy, I think we could help by
> teaching and promoting it in school.

I found it easy to be vegetarian and going vegan simply required a bit
of planning and knowledge beforehand.

I think you're just lazy in the kitchen

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On 05/01/14 15:08, Vidcapper wrote:

> The thing that people like Morrissey don't seem to realise, is that if
> everyone turned veggie, *no* animals would be saved. With no economic
> use for them, they're hardly going to be kept as pets - they'd all be
> culled!

That's a valid point where farm animals are concerned.

> They couldn't even be returned to the wild - the instinctive defences of
> their ancestors have been bred out of them, so they'd be defenceless.

Their natural predators, such as wolves, are instinct in a number of
Western countries so they wouldn't need the defences that they did in
the past.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 05/01/14 16:17, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> I saw an article about offensive t-shirts, and there was one that said,

> CALM DOWN DEAR
> Let's not turn this
> rape into a murder.

That's fantastic!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 10:45:50 +0000, Basil Jet >
> wrote:
>
>>On 2014\01\05 06:45, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I have never eaten a duck and most of my meals are vegan.

>>What if your meal was vegan, but it walked like a duck and quacked like
>>a duck?

> Perhaps Julie weighs the same as a duck, and therefore made of wood...
> Which can mean only one thing...
> Would explain a lot.

Of course especially when her father just died. Keep going eh?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 23:08:04 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 10:45:50 +0000, Basil Jet >
>> wrote:

>>>What if your meal was vegan, but it walked like a duck and quacked like
>>>a duck?

>> Perhaps Julie weighs the same as a duck, and therefore made of wood...
>> Which can mean only one thing...
>> Would explain a lot.

>Of course especially when her father just died. Keep going eh?

Don't know what you're talking about.
Either way, it has nothing to do with my comment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On 05/01/2014 15:11, abelard wrote:

>> The thing that people like Morrissey don't seem to realise, is that if
>> everyone turned veggie, *no* animals would be saved. With no economic
>> use for them, they're hardly going to be kept as pets - they'd all be
>> culled!
>>
>> They couldn't even be returned to the wild - the instinctive defences of
>> their ancestors have been bred out of them, so they'd be defenceless.

> exactly, you're doing them a favour by eating them...

> same with those fox hunters.....

I doubt they'd taste as good.

Personally, I think Morrissey should take a trip to Africa, and try
converting prides of lions...

--

Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On 2014\01\06 08:12, Vidcapper wrote:

> Personally, I think Morrissey should take a trip to Africa, and try
> converting prides of lions...

To *** prides of lions?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 21:16:51 -0000, "True Blue" >
wrote:

>>I have never eaten a duck and most of my meals are vegan.

>Is there a reason for this regime?

are the ducks, vegan ducks?

--
www.abelard.org

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 19:35:31 +0000, DVH > wrote:

>On 05/01/2014 19:21, abelard wrote:

>>> But they can see you.
>>>
>>> Have you not noticed when you walk into the room, they all look round?

>> they look like recessional squares to me

>That might be a side-effect of the atmospheric perspective. Too much
>incense?
>

>> but the corners do seem to follow me as i move

>Clearly some parallel lines are finally going to meet. Keep a close eye
>on them, and see if they cross over.

they cross over behind you if you continue to move forward

--
www.abelard.org

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

On 06/01/2014 08:21, Basil Jet wrote:
> On 2014\01\06 08:12, Vidcapper wrote:
>>
>> Personally, I think Morrissey should take a trip to Africa, and try
>> converting prides of lions...

> To *** prides of lions?

Or him into lunch?

--