Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default If I didn't post this link before, I should have :)

Funny old television ads for food. Sort of food.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaTZY7be2EY

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown > wrote:
> Funny old television ads for food. Sort of food.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaTZY7be2EY
>
> Jill

Still use jiffy pop aluminum pans at camp. I think it's better than
microwave.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 06:53:33 +0000 (UTC), gregz wrote:
>
>> jmcquown > wrote:
>>> Funny old television ads for food. Sort of food.
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaTZY7be2EY

>> Still use jiffy pop aluminum pans at camp. I think it's better than
>> microwave.

> I looked for the pans of Jiffy Pop a couple days ago and they seem to
> have vanished from stores.
>
> -sw

They usually stock them near campsite groceries. You can mail-order them.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/22/2013 1:53 AM, gregz wrote:
> jmcquown > wrote:
>> Funny old television ads for food. Sort of food.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaTZY7be2EY
>>
>> Jill

> Still use jiffy pop aluminum pans at camp. I think it's better than
> microwave.
>
> Greg

I can't say I ever bought Jiffy Pop. I don't remember my mom buying it,
either. That microwave popcorn is an abomination. There was a woman
who always had m/w popcorn for lunch. That nasty "butter" stuff they
put in those microwave bags smells bad enough. Don't you dare burn it.
The smell permeated the entire office. Yuk.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/22/2013 12:58 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I looked for the pans of Jiffy Pop a couple days ago and they seem to
> have vanished from stores.
>
> -sw

Better fire up another coffin nail then, dwarf.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/22/2013 3:08 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> "And for that, I'm Out".
>
> -sw

Forever, please.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 13:00:34 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 12/22/2013 1:53 AM, gregz wrote:
> > jmcquown > wrote:
> >> Funny old television ads for food. Sort of food.
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaTZY7be2EY
> >>
> >> Jill

> > Still use jiffy pop aluminum pans at camp. I think it's better than
> > microwave.
> >
> > Greg
> >

> I can't say I ever bought Jiffy Pop. I don't remember my mom buying it,
> either. That microwave popcorn is an abomination. There was a woman
> who always had m/w popcorn for lunch. That nasty "butter" stuff they
> put in those microwave bags smells bad enough. Don't you dare burn it.
> The smell permeated the entire office. Yuk.

Careful, Jill. Gary's going to call you a snob now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 13:00:34 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>> > Still use jiffy pop aluminum pans at camp. I think it's better than
>> > microwave.
>> >
>> > Greg
>> >

>> I can't say I ever bought Jiffy Pop. I don't remember my mom buying it,
>> either. That microwave popcorn is an abomination. There was a woman
>> who always had m/w popcorn for lunch. That nasty "butter" stuff they
>> put in those microwave bags smells bad enough. Don't you dare burn it.
>> The smell permeated the entire office. Yuk.
>>

> Careful, Jill. Gary's going to call you a snob now.

I don't like most microwave popcorn either. Just plain popcorn is okay. I
do like the smell of microwave popcorn provided it isn't burned. But not
the taste.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/23/2013 5:55 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 13:00:34 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> Still use jiffy pop aluminum pans at camp. I think it's better than
>>> microwave.
>>>
>>> Greg
>>>

>> I can't say I ever bought Jiffy Pop. I don't remember my mom buying it,
>> either. That microwave popcorn is an abomination. There was a woman
>> who always had m/w popcorn for lunch. That nasty "butter" stuff they
>> put in those microwave bags smells bad enough. Don't you dare burn it.
>> The smell permeated the entire office. Yuk.
>>

> Careful, Jill. Gary's going to call you a snob now.

LOL I rarely ate popcorn years ago. I don't eat it at all these days.
But really, *everyone* in the office hated the smell of that microwave
popcorn. Jiffy Pop is/was probably worlds better, I just never looked
for it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 13:00:34 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
> > I can't say I ever bought Jiffy Pop. I don't remember my mom buying it,
> > either. That microwave popcorn is an abomination. There was a woman
> > who always had m/w popcorn for lunch. That nasty "butter" stuff they
> > put in those microwave bags smells bad enough. Don't you dare burn it.
> > The smell permeated the entire office. Yuk.
> >

> Careful, Jill. Gary's going to call you a snob now.

Not me. I like Jill and I don't like mv popcorn either. I've got some
here but only because my daughter gave it to me. I would never buy it.

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/23/2013 3:53 PM, Gary wrote:
> sf wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 13:00:34 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>> I can't say I ever bought Jiffy Pop. I don't remember my mom buying it,
>>> either. That microwave popcorn is an abomination. There was a woman
>>> who always had m/w popcorn for lunch. That nasty "butter" stuff they
>>> put in those microwave bags smells bad enough. Don't you dare burn it.
>>> The smell permeated the entire office. Yuk.
>>>

>> Careful, Jill. Gary's going to call you a snob now.

> Not me. I like Jill and I don't like mv popcorn either. I've got some
> here but only because my daughter gave it to me. I would never buy it.
>
> G.

I like you too, Gary. Another Me Too! Forget about reading the
ingredients list... microwave popcorn just doesn't smell good.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
>Gary wrote:
>> sf wrote:
>>>>
>>> Careful, Jill. Gary's going to call you a snob now.

>> Not me. I like Jill and I don't like mw popcorn either. I've got some
>> here but only because my daughter gave it to me. I would never buy it.
>>

>I like you too, Gary. Another Me Too! Forget about reading the
>ingredients list... microwave popcorn just doesn't smell good.

I buy plain/generic popping corn in five pound bags for cheap... the
Vet said filling a small cat litter pan with popping corn makes it
easy to collect cat urine for testing. Naturally I rinse off the
popping corn and let it dry, it's still fine for popping.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" wrote...

>I buy plain/generic popping corn in five pound bags for cheap... the
>Vet said filling a small cat litter pan with popping corn makes it
>easy to collect cat urine for testing. Naturally I rinse off the
>popping corn and let it dry, it's still fine for popping.

LOL Sheldon, that's the best one yet...
--
bill n
>^..^< "I'm only here for the cat pics" ® >^..^<
>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"billn" > wrote in message
> "Brooklyn1" wrote...
>>
>>I buy plain/generic popping corn in five pound bags for cheap... the
>>Vet said filling a small cat litter pan with popping corn makes it
>>easy to collect cat urine for testing. Naturally I rinse off the
>>popping corn and let it dry, it's still fine for popping.

> LOL Sheldon, that's the best one yet...

I didn't believe him but I was too stunned at the idea to respond ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 23, 2013 6:29:24 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
> >Gary wrote:

> >> Not me. I like Jill and I don't like mw popcorn either. I've got some

> >> here but only because my daughter gave it to me. I would never buy it.

> >I like you too, Gary. Another Me Too! Forget about reading the

> >ingredients list... microwave popcorn just doesn't smell good.

> I buy plain/generic popping corn in five pound bags for cheap... the
>
> Vet said filling a small cat litter pan with popping corn makes it
>
> easy to collect cat urine for testing. Naturally I rinse off the
>
> popping corn and let it dry, it's still fine for popping.

Uhhhhhhh, what? You've lost me here with this one.