Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Another example of The Law of Unintended Consequences.

The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other
products are coming back to tie us in the butt.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 12:46 PM, sf wrote:
> The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other
> products are coming back to tie us in the butt.
> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0

"the tiny beads, which vary in size but are about as big as a period on
a newspaper page."

Wow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Casa Sabrosa wrote:
>sf wrote:
>>
>> The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other
>> products are coming back to tie us in the butt.
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0
>>

>"the tiny beads, which vary in size but are about as big as a period on
>a newspaper page."

There aren't enough beads on the planet to treat sf's bonanza butt!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other
> products are coming back to tie us in the butt.
> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Lovely! Although I no longer need or use a facial scrub, a good cheap one
is a mix of cornmeal, honey and lemon juice for oily skin. Use avocado
instead of the lemon for dry skin. Regular old sugar makes a good body
scrub. Can add a few drops of essential oil for scent and some kind of oil
like olive, if you have dry skin.

Now that I think about it though... They say not to put oil down the drain
and I do take pains in the kitchen not to do that but... What about
moisturizing soaps and body washes? They have oil. Hmmmm...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 20:12:19 -0800, The Other Guy
> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 15:57:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> >"sf" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other
> >> products are coming back to tie us in the butt.
> >> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0

> And this has WHAT to do with cooking??

It's obvious you didn't read the article and if you did, your reading
comprehension didn't kick in.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 10:12:19 PM UTC-6, The Other Guy wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 15:57:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>
> > wrote:
>

> >"sf" > wrote in message

> .. .

> >> The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other

> >> products are coming back to tie us in the butt.

> >> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0

> And this has WHAT to do with cooking??

Yep, the liberal hippies lost the global warming thing, now they need something else to kvetch about.....