FoodBanter.com

-   -   Another example of The Law of Unintended Consequences. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/426755-another-example-law-unintended.html)

sf[_9_] 15-12-2013 07:46 PM

Another example of The Law of Unintended Consequences.

The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other
products are coming back to tie us in the butt.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0

Casa Sabrosa 15-12-2013 09:16 PM

On 12/15/2013 12:46 PM, sf wrote:
> The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other
> products are coming back to tie us in the butt.
> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0

"the tiny beads, which vary in size but are about as big as a period on
a newspaper page."

Wow.

brooklyn1 15-12-2013 10:28 PM

Casa Sabrosa wrote:
>sf wrote:
>>
>> The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other
>> products are coming back to tie us in the butt.
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0
>>

>"the tiny beads, which vary in size but are about as big as a period on
>a newspaper page."

There aren't enough beads on the planet to treat sf's bonanza butt!

Julie Bove[_2_] 15-12-2013 11:57 PM

"sf" > wrote in message
> The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other
> products are coming back to tie us in the butt.
> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Lovely! Although I no longer need or use a facial scrub, a good cheap one
is a mix of cornmeal, honey and lemon juice for oily skin. Use avocado
instead of the lemon for dry skin. Regular old sugar makes a good body
scrub. Can add a few drops of essential oil for scent and some kind of oil
like olive, if you have dry skin.

Now that I think about it though... They say not to put oil down the drain
and I do take pains in the kitchen not to do that but... What about
moisturizing soaps and body washes? They have oil. Hmmmm...

sf[_9_] 16-12-2013 07:15 AM

Another example of The Law of Unintended Consequences.

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 20:12:19 -0800, The Other Guy
> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 15:57:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> >"sf" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other
> >> products are coming back to tie us in the butt.
> >> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0

> And this has WHAT to do with cooking??

It's obvious you didn't read the article and if you did, your reading
comprehension didn't kick in.

[email protected] 17-12-2013 06:25 AM

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 10:12:19 PM UTC-6, The Other Guy wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 15:57:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>
> > wrote:
>

> >"sf" > wrote in message

> .. .

> >> The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other

> >> products are coming back to tie us in the butt.

> >> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0

> And this has WHAT to do with cooking??

Yep, the liberal hippies lost the global warming thing, now they need something else to kvetch about.....