Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default bouillabaisse for one

In article >, lid
says...

> "Janet" > wrote in message
> t...
> > In article >,
ost
> > says...

> >> I pry open the shells that don't open and I usually find that the meat
> >> inside is usually larger and better tasting than the ones that DID
> >> open. I have never encountered a bad mussel. Calm, sure. But never
> >> a mussel. I buy a good, frozen PEI brand - who probably do a good job
> >> of sorting them before packaging.
> >>
> >> "Don't eat mussels that don't open" is an urban myth.

> > That's a sales pitch from the commercial exporters of farmed, frozen,
> > sorted, dead mussels.
> >
> > I don't live in an urban area. I live on an island; we go out in a
> > kayak at a low tide and pick live, wild mussels straight from the rocks
> > where they live.

> Would this be the same as when you go hitch hiking alone on the roads then?

You need to get out more. Kayaking is in water, hitchhiking is on
land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68Kl39nk0Y

http://wikitravel.org/en/Isle_of_Arran

"By thumb

Thanks to the scarcity of bus services in many areas of the island, and
total lack of public transport on the Ross Road, hitchhiking is a good
way of getting around. The road that runs round the perimeter of the
island is a good source of cars for hitchhiking. Locals ranging from
grandmothers to van drivers will try and squeeze you in, and are a great
source of information and conversation to boot. Even the police on the
island will gladly give you a lift (provided they're not busy), so don't
be afraid to thumb anything that passes by. There are only a few roads
around the island, making hitchhiking from one village to another
simple"

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet" > wrote in message
> In article >, lid
> says...
>>
>> "Janet" > wrote in message
>> t...
>> > In article >,
ost
>> > says...

>> > That's a sales pitch from the commercial exporters of farmed, frozen,
>> > sorted, dead mussels.
>> >
>> > I don't live in an urban area. I live on an island; we go out in a
>> > kayak at a low tide and pick live, wild mussels straight from the rocks
>> > where they live.

>> Would this be the same as when you go hitch hiking alone on the roads
>> then?

> You need to get out more. Kayaking is in water, hitchhiking is on
> land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68Kl39nk0Y

> http://wikitravel.org/en/Isle_of_Arran
>
> "By thumb
>
> Thanks to the scarcity of bus services in many areas of the island, and
> total lack of public transport on the Ross Road, hitchhiking is a good
> way of getting around. The road that runs round the perimeter of the
> island is a good source of cars for hitchhiking. Locals ranging from
> grandmothers to van drivers will try and squeeze you in, and are a great
> source of information and conversation to boot. Even the police on the
> island will gladly give you a lift (provided they're not busy), so don't
> be afraid to thumb anything that passes by. There are only a few roads
> around the island, making hitchhiking from one village to another
> simple"

LOL the way you were explaining it was you went hitch hiking with strangers
anywhere ) From one village to another isn't hitch hiking... that is
getting a lift from friends!!! Oh btw I know exactly what kayaking is)
And kayaking .. at your age ... yeah right) Post some pics eh?? This I
can't wait to see))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

> My wife knows about cooking mollusks that are not closed and not eating
> those that are closed, but I saw how sick she got after eating them. I
> lost my appetite for them. I don't hate them. I just lost my appetite for
> them.

Yes, that happens sometimes. I feel that way about any kind of catfish after
a really horrendous smell that came out of one when we were cleaning it. It
was terrible, and I could never eat them again though I used to love them.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

projektilevomitchick wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:

The only way you're gonna shut me up is to stuff your scot lassie
tit in my mouth. LOL

> [...]
>> the bivalve shells (those shells would certainly irritate uranus).
>> Bouillabaisse is one of the lowest calorie foods on a restaurant
>> menu... and restaurants don't typically serve a very large portion
>> anyway, at most seafood eaterys it's primarilly served as an appetizer
>> (soup course), few order it as an entree.
>> >Yes! I always say that I don't like "big food", meaning a large portion on
>> >my plate. I don't like seeing it on other people's plates either so prefer
>> >not to dine at places that do that.

>> So how did you get to be taller lying down than standing... you got to
>> weigh over 300 pounds by eating baby portions, eh?
>>
>> Miss Piggy ---> https://myspace.com/juliebove
>>
>> Yoose all are such BSers.. there's not an honest cell in your obeastie
>> bodies. I seriously doubt any of yoose has ever eaten bouillabaisse,
>> I'm certain none of you three tons of fun has ever prepared it...
>> yoose don't even have a clue what it is, obviously, or yoose all
>> wouldn't be bitching how it's too much food. Bouillabaisse is
>> typically brought to table in a large tureen and portions ladled into
>> normal sized bowls... no one eats directly from the tureen unless
>> you're a big fat sow. And no eatery prepares bouliiabaisse for one...
>> if you order it for one they bring a normal sized bowl, a single
>> serving.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouillabaisse
>> http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Bouillabaisse
>> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...abaisse-238411
>> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ipe/index.html
>> A typical portion:
>> http://www.steamykitchen.com/wp-cont...ecipe-9350.jpg
>> The more I read your posts the more I believe yoose BSers dine at the
>> drive thru... you've never eaten bouillabaisse, I've never seen it
>> served for one with a dozen mussels... maybe yer tawkin mussels
>> marinara, a very different dish... and still a couple dozen mussels in
>> tomato sauce on its own is not a very filling dish, most folks consume
>> a half loaf of eyetalian bread with it for sopping and it almost
>> always arrives with a side of ****ghetti. I don't think any of yoose
>> has ever been to a REAL seafood restaurant. Jill lives on an island
>> in the Atlantic yet to date has never mentioned eating seafood, not at
>> home, not at her Kaiser Klub... something about that picture is very
>> wrong. I've lived most of my life within walking distance of the sea,
>> and have eaten at countless seafood restaurants. Many don't serve
>> bouillabaisse because it's not something prepared by the single
>> portion, it doesn't store well, and it's not a very popular dish
>> because a lot of people don't like fish broth, I love it but many
>> don't. It's not a dish I would prepare just for one or two, it's best
>> to have bouillabaisse at a good seafood restaurant... and it doesn't
>> pay to prepare it with frozen seafood, blech!

>Right on, Sheldon! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These pinheads are all fakes, the most gourmet they eat is drive thru
fast food and guzzle box wine until they pass out. None of them
cook... their best cooking is regurgitating foodtv; keyboard kooking.
They think gourmet is krap on a kaiser roll. LOL-LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, lid
says...

> >> Would this be the same as when you go hitch hiking alone on the roads
> >> then?

> > You need to get out more. Kayaking is in water, hitchhiking is on
> > land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68Kl39nk0Y

> > http://wikitravel.org/en/Isle_of_Arran
> >
> > "By thumb
> >
> > Thanks to the scarcity of bus services in many areas of the island, and
> > total lack of public transport on the Ross Road, hitchhiking is a good
> > way of getting around. The road that runs round the perimeter of the
> > island is a good source of cars for hitchhiking. Locals ranging from
> > grandmothers to van drivers will try and squeeze you in, and are a great
> > source of information and conversation to boot. Even the police on the
> > island will gladly give you a lift (provided they're not busy), so don't
> > be afraid to thumb anything that passes by. There are only a few roads
> > around the island, making hitchhiking from one village to another
> > simple"

> LOL the way you were explaining it was you went hitch hiking with strangers
> anywhere )

Problems with your comprehension skills, again. In the past, I hitched
with strangers all over Britain (and various other countries). Today, I
still hitch with strangers is on Arran, where it is still safe, and
very common.

From one village to another isn't hitch hiking... that is
> getting a lift from friends!!!

Nope.

Oh btw I know exactly what kayaking is)
> And kayaking .. at your age ... yeah right) Post some pics eh?? This I
> can't wait to see))

Watch the youtube link above.

Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-15 7:24 PM, Cheri wrote:

>> My wife knows about cooking mollusks that are not closed and not
>> eating those that are closed, but I saw how sick she got after eating
>> them. I lost my appetite for them. I don't hate them. I just lost my
>> appetite for them.

> Yes, that happens sometimes. I feel that way about any kind of catfish
> after a really horrendous smell that came out of one when we were
> cleaning it. It was terrible, and I could never eat them again though I
> used to love them.

I used to love to have liver pate on crackers with a Manhattan. A few
years ago I bit into one of my favourite canapes and experienced a
horrible taste. It was awful I was going to take it back to the store or
write to the company that made it. What would they do but give me a
replacement? No thanks. It was so horrible that it turned me right off
the stuff. Seriously... I had been eating the stuff for years. It wasn't
as if I was squeamish about it before. That horrible experience ruined
it for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet" > wrote in message
t...
> Oh btw I know exactly what kayaking is)
>> And kayaking .. at your age ... yeah right) Post some pics eh?? This
>> can't wait to see))

> Watch the youtube link above.

Yes I did Which one is you?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 14:22:26 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:44:17 -0500, jmcquown >
>wrote:

>> > All bets are off when they buy frozen mussels.
>> >

>> Fresh mussels aren't available where I live. They aren't native to this
>> area.
>>

>Mussels are imported live from all over the world, Jill.

Actually mussels are quite native to the
Carolina coast... mussels are very common over the entire US Atlantic
coast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 15:53:05 -0700, Casa Sabrosa > wrote:

>On 12/15/2013 3:41 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> All bets are off when they buy frozen mussels.

>> I've never seen frozen mussels... they'd be more disgusting than sf's
>> snatch.
>>

>Dude, uncalled for.

If I wanted shit from you I'd squeeze your head, douchebag.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 18:11:06 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/15/2013 5:52 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 18:26:47 -0000, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:

>>> Nor am I!

>> If yoose gals find mussels messy you must find sex nightmarishly
>> scary.
>>

>Okay... I could say that a messy drippy penis would undoubtedly be
>unattractive. But you wouldn't really want me to say that about your
>penis, would you? LOL
>
>What the hell does sex have to do with bouillabaisse?!

No other food comes closer... even surpasses.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message

>>Why are you always so nasty to her?

> Why don't you ask her why she's attacking my every post.

??? I've never seen that!!

Where????

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 01:36:54 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Why are you always so nasty to her?

>> Why don't you ask her why she's attacking my every post.

>??? I've never seen that!!
>
>Where????

None are so blind as those who refuse to see.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 01:36:54 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Why don't you ask her why she's attacking my every post.

>>??? I've never seen that!!
>>
>>Where????

> None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

Show me where?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

> I used to love to have liver pate on crackers with a Manhattan. A few
> years ago I bit into one of my favourite canapes and experienced a
> horrible taste. It was awful I was going to take it back to the store or
> write to the company that made it. What would they do but give me a
> replacement? No thanks. It was so horrible that it turned me right off the
> stuff. Seriously... I had been eating the stuff for years. It wasn't as if
> I was squeamish about it before. That horrible experience ruined it for
> me.

It's been my experience that when something like that happens with food, it
puts a person off it for life.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 8:32 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 22:38:53 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:

>> Why are you always so nasty to her?

> Why don't you ask her why she's attacking my every post.

How so? You're the one who asks for photos of food. Then when [most]
people take pics you criticize. Like the pizza. Why do you care if I
only eat two slices of pizza for dinner? It doesn't affect you in the
least little bit.

Nor should it matter to you whether or not I find the *idea* of fishing
out mussels and picking out the meat from the shells in a bowl of
tomato-based fish soup rather messy.

The fact is, you cannot glean from anything I've posted I've never eaten
mussels. I've expressly stated I've eaten mussels. Just not in
bouillabaisse. So stop calling me a liar. Shame on you. You know better.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 7:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Just like some
> wild rats wouldn't be safe to eat either.

You sick, sick *******.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 7:14 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> It is NOT true. I have eaten at least 15 pounds of mussels this year

**** off freak, get lost.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 8:28 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 14:22:26 -0800, sf > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:44:17 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> Fresh mussels aren't available where I live. They aren't native to this
>>> area.
>>>

>> Mussels are imported live from all over the world, Jill.

> Actually mussels are quite native to the
> Carolina coast... mussels are very common over the entire US Atlantic
> coast.

That doesn't mean they are all edible or of particular interest to
fishers and harvesters. Shrimp, oysters, crabs, yes. Mussels don't
show up on menus or in grocery stores around here. Sorry.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 7:15 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> So then she obviously she ate one that was OPEN and got sick anyway.
> So what's your point?
>
> -sw

Why are you such an attention whore?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 7:23 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> So here's your chance, folks, to stop perpetuating the Mussel Myth.
>
> -sw

**** off, get lost, freak.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 7:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> <yawn> "Quite native" my ass.

Grow a life, stop whoring for attention here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 8:07 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Is poor Shelly hearing imaginary voices that are picking on
> him?
>
> -sw

Hey Sqwerty, is a dwarf like you man enough to try that shit in person?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 8:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I KNEW you could do it, Pussy Katz!

I'd LOVE to kick your ass, got a place we can make that happen?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 9:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 20:28:40 -0500, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 14:22:26 -0800, sf > wrote:

>>> Mussels are imported live from all over the world, Jill.

>> Actually mussels are quite native to the
>> Carolina coast... mussels are very common over the entire US Atlantic
>> coast.

> <yawn> "Quite native" my ass. Common blue mussels are pretty rare
> once you get as far south as the Carolinas.
>
> -sw

The Carolinas (coastline) encompasses a pretty long stretch. The
weather and water temperatures are different. So is the wildlife.
Including commonly harvested seafood.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 10:18 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Sorry.
>
> Jill

**** OFF.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 10:30 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> The weather and water temperatures are different. So is the wildlife.

DO YOU WANT TO **** HIM???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 17:56:10 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 12/15/2013 5:22 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:44:17 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> >> Fresh mussels aren't available where I live. They aren't native to this
> >> area.
> >>

> > Mussels are imported live from all over the world, Jill.
> >

> Uh, yeah. And there are TJ's and Costco's all over, too. LOL sf, I'm
> familiar with the seafood available at the grocery store here. Frozen
> mussels is the best I can do, or at least the only ones I'd trust. It's
> a moot point. I'm not planning to make bouillabaisse. It sounds like a
> good soup, but I'm still not interested. No offense.

The point is that if you wanted to make something with mussels, you
wouldn't need to use frozen ones. Those things are cr*p and I'm not
surprised you got sick.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 5:43 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> I like mussels... they taste kind of taste like penis

How do you like being misquoted?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 18:02:15 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> > I've never seen frozen mussels...

> I have.
>

> >they'd be more disgusting than sf's
> > snatch.
> >

> Hardly called for. Into the sauce already?

Not only is he disgusting, he's blind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On 12/15/2013 5:52 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 18:26:47 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > > wrote:

> >> Nor am I!

> > If yoose gals find mussels messy you must find sex nightmarishly
> > scary.
> >

> Okay... I could say that a messy drippy penis would undoubtedly be
> unattractive. But you wouldn't really want me to say that about your
> penis, would you? LOL
>
> What the hell does sex have to do with bouillabaisse?!

Why are you feeding the troll?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-16 12:18 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>> Actually mussels are quite native to the
>> Carolina coast... mussels are very common over the entire US Atlantic
>> coast.
>>

> That doesn't mean they are all edible or of particular interest to
> fishers and harvesters. Shrimp, oysters, crabs, yes. Mussels don't
> show up on menus or in grocery stores around here. Sorry.

Maybe it is a matter of marketing. I never saw mussels until the late
1970s. They started showing up on menus and when grocery stores started
having fish counters they were for sale in all of them. Perhaps the fad
has faded. I don't see them as much and more.

I have to wonder if it is like the chicken wing craze. Those suckers
used to be dirt cheap, but when Buffalo Wings became popular the prices
of them soared. They used to be a real money maker for bars because
they were so cheap and are so easy to cook. They led to increased beer
sales. Now the wings are expensive, but they the bars are pretty well
obligated to offer them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-15 8:51 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>
>> I used to love to have liver pate on crackers with a Manhattan. A few
>> years ago I bit into one of my favourite canapes and experienced a
>> horrible taste. It was awful I was going to take it back to the store
>> or write to the company that made it. What would they do but give me a
>> replacement? No thanks. It was so horrible that it turned me right off
>> the stuff. Seriously... I had been eating the stuff for years. It
>> wasn't as if I was squeamish about it before. That horrible
>> experience ruined it for me.

> It's been my experience that when something like that happens with food,
> it puts a person off it for life.

It's funny how that can work sometimes. I am a pretty adventurous eater.
I was never fond of liver but that was more of a matter of the texture
than the taste. I loved pate and ate it almost daily for years. That
horrible taste in that one batch turned me right off it.

I had something similar with mussels. I used to eat them occasionally.
They were okay. Perhaps, like snails, it is more about the sauce or
broth in which they are cooked and served. My mussel eating days ended
when I saw how sick my wife got from them one day. It reminded me of my
bout of food poisoning. I don't bother with them any more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 4:30:18 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2013-12-15 1:50 PM, James Silverton wrote:
>
> > Mussels are not obligatory in Bouillabaisse or Italian Cioppino. I've
> > had both without the shellfish. You are really missing out if you don't
> > like fish soups by which I also mean the different varieties of Clam
> > Chowder and soups from Mexico and Thailand. I have to admit that shell
> > fish and crustaceans are "fish" to me.

> I have to admit that years ago I was not at all interested in fish
> soups. I guess it was one of those things I had never had and was not
> interested in. Then I tried some. IIRC the first one was a clam
> chowder. I have since had bouillabaisse a few times and really liked
> them. Then there were the lobster and shrimp bisques. They made a
> believer out of me.

Cioppino is not Italian, it's from California.

As you've found out that you like fish soups and if
you are adventurous, try making your own fish stock.
If you do it correctly you won't believe how much
better the flavor is than any restaurant you're likely
to go to.

http://www.richardfisher.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2013 10:06 AM, Helpful person wrote:
> On Sunday, December 15, 2013 4:30:18 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2013-12-15 1:50 PM, James Silverton wrote:
>>
>>> Mussels are not obligatory in Bouillabaisse or Italian Cioppino. I've
>>> had both without the shellfish. You are really missing out if you don't
>>> like fish soups by which I also mean the different varieties of Clam
>>> Chowder and soups from Mexico and Thailand. I have to admit that shell
>>> fish and crustaceans are "fish" to me.

>> I have to admit that years ago I was not at all interested in fish
>> soups. I guess it was one of those things I had never had and was not
>> interested in. Then I tried some. IIRC the first one was a clam
>> chowder. I have since had bouillabaisse a few times and really liked
>> them. Then there were the lobster and shrimp bisques. They made a
>> believer out of me.

> Cioppino is not Italian, it's from California.
>
> As you've found out that you like fish soups and if
> you are adventurous, try making your own fish stock.
> If you do it correctly you won't believe how much
> better the flavor is than any restaurant you're likely
> to go to.
>
> http://www.richardfisher.com

Well, I live and learn! Cioppino was invented in San Francisco and is
regarded as Italo-American but I've come across it in Hawaii. Given the
elaborate pizzas of American complexity that I saw in Verona, I would
not be surprised to find it on the menu there. There are even Tuscan
fish stews that resemble Cioppino as "A Tuscan Cooking Vacation with
Marco Canora" indicates.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 11:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> It's kinda fun watching his decrepit mind at work.
> Just shrug it off and chuckle.
>
> -sw
> Omelet wrote:
>
>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:19:29 -0500, James Silverton
> wrote:

> On 12/16/2013 10:06 AM, Helpful person wrote:

> >> I have to admit that years ago I was not at all interested in fish
> >> soups. I guess it was one of those things I had never had and was not
> >> interested in. Then I tried some. IIRC the first one was a clam
> >> chowder. I have since had bouillabaisse a few times and really liked
> >> them. Then there were the lobster and shrimp bisques. They made a
> >> believer out of me.

> > Cioppino is not Italian, it's from California.
> >
> > As you've found out that you like fish soups and if
> > you are adventurous, try making your own fish stock.
> > If you do it correctly you won't believe how much
> > better the flavor is than any restaurant you're likely
> > to go to.
> >
> > http://www.richardfisher.com
> >

> Well, I live and learn! Cioppino was invented in San Francisco and is
> regarded as Italo-American but I've come across it in Hawaii. Given the
> elaborate pizzas of American complexity that I saw in Verona, I would
> not be surprised to find it on the menu there. There are even Tuscan
> fish stews that resemble Cioppino as "A Tuscan Cooking Vacation with
> Marco Canora" indicates.

Here's my take on it. Brodetto and Cacciucco are Italian. Cioppino
is American. Brodetto and Cacciucco sometimes, but not always, have
shellfish in it. Cioppino has all that, always, plus Dungeness crab.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> It's a single serving - or so they claim!
> http://leitesculinaria.com/47859/rec...llabaisse.html

"New England Bouillabaise"
'nuff said.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 19:43:32 +0100, Michael Kuettner
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>>
>> It's a single serving - or so they claim!
>> http://leitesculinaria.com/47859/rec...llabaisse.html
>>

>"New England Bouillabaise"
>'nuff said.

The web site says: "This mock bouillabaisse".
Image looks nothing like bouillabaisse.
'nuff said.