Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cheap meat at what cost?

Here is why the air space over factory farms is so fiercely protected.
It has everything to do with animal cruelty and nothing to do with
cutting edge animal husbandry (if that's the correct term).
http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/...imal-activists

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:17:54 PM UTC-8, sf wrote:
> Here is why the air space over factory farms is so fiercely protected.
>
> It has everything to do with animal cruelty and nothing to do with
>
> cutting edge animal husbandry (if that's the correct term).
>
> http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/...imal-activists

That is why I buy pastured and organic and free range. yes I pay a lot more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:17:54 PM UTC-7, sf wrote:
> Here is why the air space over factory farms is so fiercely protected.
>
> It has everything to do with animal cruelty and nothing to do with
>
> cutting edge animal husbandry (if that's the correct term).
>
> http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/...imal-activists
>
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

As a long time farmer, I have raised hogs, cattle, horses. chickens and turkeys.
I started watching that video of farm workers miss-treating animals but
I couldn't finish it...it was too disgusting. I always treated my animals with
respect and as kindly as possible. Those people should be imprisoned for
their cruelty and never allowed near animals EVER.

I am retired now but still live on my farm. No one can ever say that I
miss-treated my animals and I am proud to say so.
===
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:17:54 PM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>> Here is why the air space over factory farms is so fiercely protected.
>>
>> It has everything to do with animal cruelty and nothing to do with
>>
>> cutting edge animal husbandry (if that's the correct term).
>>
>> http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/...imal-activists
>>
>> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> As a long time farmer, I have raised hogs, cattle, horses. chickens and
> turkeys.
> I started watching that video of farm workers miss-treating animals but
> I couldn't finish it...it was too disgusting. I always treated my animals
> with
> respect and as kindly as possible. Those people should be imprisoned for
> their cruelty and never allowed near animals EVER.
>
> I am retired now but still live on my farm. No one can ever say that I
> miss-treated my animals and I am proud to say so.

Well done I suspect some people are cruel to animals because that is the
only power in life they have. They should be hanged!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
> On Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:17:54 PM UTC-8, sf wrote:
>> Here is why the air space over factory farms is so fiercely
>> protected.
>>
>> It has everything to do with animal cruelty and nothing to do with
>>
>> cutting edge animal husbandry (if that's the correct term).
>>
>> http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/...imal-activists
>>

> That is why I buy pastured and organic and free range. yes I pay a
> lot more.

Since there's also a thread on Kobe beef, it's worth mentioning that, at
least as I understand, the diet of a Kobe cow is quite the opposite of a
grass-fed animal.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/12/2013 5:17 PM, sf wrote:
> Here is why the air space over factory farms is so fiercely protected.
> It has everything to do with animal cruelty and nothing to do with
> cutting edge animal husbandry (if that's the correct term).
> http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/...imal-activists

Terrible, period.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/12/2013 5:57 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:17:54 PM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>> Here is why the air space over factory farms is so fiercely protected.
>>
>> It has everything to do with animal cruelty and nothing to do with
>>
>> cutting edge animal husbandry (if that's the correct term).
>>
>> http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/...imal-activists
>>
>> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> As a long time farmer, I have raised hogs, cattle, horses. chickens and turkeys.
> I started watching that video of farm workers miss-treating animals but
> I couldn't finish it...it was too disgusting. I always treated my animals with
> respect and as kindly as possible. Those people should be imprisoned for
> their cruelty and never allowed near animals EVER.
>
> I am retired now but still live on my farm. No one can ever say that I
> miss-treated my animals and I am proud to say so.
> ===

Good on YOU.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:17:54 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> Here is why the air space over factory farms is so fiercely protected.
>
> It has everything to do with animal cruelty and nothing to do with
>
> cutting edge animal husbandry (if that's the correct term).
>
> http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/...imal-activists

You're an idiot, even more of one than Rolling Stone magazine. The fat-ass bitch in San Francisco cutting and pasting links from an irrelevant rag is gonna turn the farming industry on it's ear! LOL