Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents

This food has been discussed here recently
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/6/2013 8:51 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> This food has been discussed here recently
> http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492
> Janet US

Done properly, it should be safe. They mention it is often served at
holiday parties, wedding and such where it can easily be abused by being
left out in warm places for long periods.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/6/2013 7:51 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> This food has been discussed here recently
> http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492
> Janet US

The butcher shops in the article probably didn't do anything wrong but
who knows how the meat was handled after it was purchased.

If I were going to have a Cannibal sandwich again, I would grind the
meat myself and do it right before serving.

This is NOT a good item for a buffet.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 09:19:24 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 12/6/2013 8:51 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> This food has been discussed here recently
>> http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492
>> Janet US
>>

>Done properly, it should be safe. They mention it is often served at
>holiday parties, wedding and such where it can easily be abused by being
>left out in warm places for long periods.

The last time I had it was in the 80s. I was attending a convention
in Chicago and it was served in a hospitality suite.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:

>This food has been discussed here recently
>http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492

Nothing new about MYSTERY MEAT MALAISE ! ! !

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 08:46:15 -0600, George Leppla wrote:
>
>> On 12/6/2013 7:51 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>>> This food has been discussed here recently
>>> http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> The butcher shops in the article probably didn't do anything wrong but
>> who knows how the meat was handled after it was purchased.

> E-coli doesn't spontaneously generate itself. It was either there
> when it come from the slaughterhouse or not. It would be rare for it
> to be introduced to non-infected meats at the retailer.

could be cross contamination at the homes, too. Or incorrect time/temp
handling, allowing an insignificant e-coli presence to bloom.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/6/2013 10:08 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 06:51:58 -0700, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>> This food has been discussed here recently
>> http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492
>> Janet US

> Serves them right. Mother Nature is trying to tell them something.
>
> -sw

Judgmental little twerp, aren't you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> This food has been discussed here recently
> http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492
> Janet US

The human gut seems to have lost the ability to handle a lot of common
bacteria. Natural selection is working here. Not that I can stand meat of
any kind raw so I really don't care. I tried steak tartar and sashimi one
time and I am set for life now.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-12-06 14:19:24 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:

> On 12/6/2013 8:51 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> This food has been discussed here recently
>> http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492
>>
>> Janet US
>>

> Done properly, it should be safe.

Done properly it COULD be safe.

Unless the beef has been tested for ecoli and other contaminants, all
the appropriate handling will mean nothing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-12-06 17:17:19 +0000, Pico Rico said:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> The butcher shops in the article probably didn't do anything wrong but
>>> who knows how the meat was handled after it was purchased.

>> E-coli doesn't spontaneously generate itself. It was either there
>> when it come from the slaughterhouse or not. It would be rare for it
>> to be introduced to non-infected meats at the retailer.

> could be cross contamination at the homes, too. Or incorrect time/temp
> handling, allowing an insignificant e-coli presence to bloom.

Okay. There's a lot of ways that raw beef can be contaminated. So
much for raw beef.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-12-06 18:08:46 +0000, Paul M. Cook said:

> "Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
>> This food has been discussed here recently
>> http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492
>>
>> Janet US

> The human gut seems to have lost the ability to handle a lot of common
> bacteria. Natural selection is working here. Not that I can stand
> meat of any kind raw so I really don't care. I tried steak tartar and
> sashimi one time and I am set for life now.

I've had to try many things a number of times before I found a frame of
reference to admire them. Too many really good things too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 12/6/2013 8:51 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> This food has been discussed here recently
>> http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492
>> Janet US
>>

> Done properly, it should be safe. They mention it is often served at
> holiday parties, wedding and such where it can easily be abused by being
> left out in warm places for long periods.

My friend ate raw beef all the time and never got sick from it. Not that
I'm advising it...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/6/2013 2:52 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I've got sliced skirt steak marinating at 50F right now.

SFW?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/6/2013 3:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Thanks for the reassurance. Apparently all the software on your
> computer is as brain-dead as your newsreader.
>
> -sw

You have a surly demeanor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 6, 2013 7:51:58 AM UTC-6, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> This food has been discussed here recently
>
> http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492

What would be funny would be to bring sandwiches to an outdoor pot luck party and have a couple of confederates who throw a fit, and throw up, claiming that they just found out that the meat that was served contained human flesh. Screamed words like, "You sick mother****er!" and feigned violence could add to
the realism.

> Janet US

--Bryan sex+

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 6, 2013 7:35:43 PM UTC-7, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Friday, December 6, 2013 7:51:58 AM UTC-6, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
> > This food has been discussed here recently

> > http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492

> What would be funny would be to bring sandwiches to an outdoor pot luck party and have a couple of confederates who throw a fit, and throw up, claiming that they just found out that the meat that was served contained human flesh. Screamed words like, "You sick mother****er!" and feigned violence could add to
>
> the realism.
>

> > Janet US

> --Bryan sex+

Sicko!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 6, 2013 9:39:28 PM UTC-6, Roy wrote:
> On Friday, December 6, 2013 7:35:43 PM UTC-7, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>
> > On Friday, December 6, 2013 7:51:58 AM UTC-6, Janet Bostwick wrote:

> > > This food has been discussed here recently

> > > http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492

> > What would be funny would be to bring sandwiches to an outdoor pot luck party and have a couple of confederates who throw a fit, and throw up, claiming that they just found out that the meat that was served contained human flesh. Screamed words like, "You sick mother****er!" and feigned violence could add to

> > the realism.

> > > Janet US

> > --Bryan sex+

> Sicko!!!

No. What would be sicko is if one really did slip in some people-meat.

Oh, I'm sorry. You were saying "sicko" to describe the scattered piles of
vomit, not my concept. You can't really blame me for others' weak stomachs..

--Bryan sex+
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pearl F. Buck" > wrote in message
> On 12/6/2013 3:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Thanks for the reassurance. Apparently all the software on your
>> computer is as brain-dead as your newsreader.
>>
>> -sw

> You have a surly demeanor.

Hasn't gotten laid in a long time. Some of us think never.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/7/2013 4:18 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "Pearl F. Buck" > wrote in message
>> On 12/6/2013 3:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Thanks for the reassurance. Apparently all the software on your
>>> computer is as brain-dead as your newsreader.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> You have a surly demeanor.

> Hasn't gotten laid in a long time. Some of us think never.

He could have had his shot with Omelet maybe, but he ruined that too.

Sad...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/7/2013 8:17 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I picked up 8 packages and some Swiss.
> They were out of seeded rye.
>
> -sw

You think anyone cares?

Damn - cheap lunch meat and your ego, wotta match that is...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 20:55:12 -0800, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Maybe you don't care for my approach, but apparently my pointing out
>>> your ridiculous computer-generated signature served a purpose since
>>> you have removed it.

>> My what? You mean when I upgraded my Avast AV and it added the sig line?
>> It is still there. It only shows on new posts, not replies.

> And apparently you're as brain-dead as all the software on your
> computer, too. What do you call this post?

> I'll give you a hint: A reply (and a post, for that matter).
>
> And another reply:

> <yawn> I have that disprove your ridiculous theory, if you want.
>
>>> No need to thank me. You're welcome anyway.

>> No need, indeed. I didn't even read that post.

> Uh-huh. So you're stupid enough to claim that you just followed some
> other brain-dead person's opinion of a post?

I have no idea of hat you speak. My mind is ocupied with far more important
things. Really, what the hell do I care? I don't.

>>> ObFood: Hillshire Farms Deli-thin Corned Beef in 7oz reusable packages
>>> were $.50/ea this afternoon. I picked up 8 packages and some Swiss.
>>> They were out of seeded rye.

>> We can send you to TJ. Costs abuot 35 bucks from what I understand.
>> I'll
>> toss in the first 25 cents. Anyone???

> <boggle> Have another bottle of wine, Paul. This is your night for
> getting really loaded anyway - All alone in his La-Z-Boy chair just
> like the festering Andy.

I have a sofa. And don't mind if I do, another bottle of wine would be
great.

> ObFood: 6.5lb prime rib roast will be slow-roasting all day tomorrow -
> making the house warm and smelling awesome. I'll take that over any
> raw ground Kobe cannibal beef any day.

Lot of food for a person with no friends.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 23:14:31 -0800, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> And apparently you're as brain-dead as all the software on your
>>> computer, too. What do you call this post?

>>> I'll give you a hint: A reply (and a post, for that matter).
>>>
>>> And another reply:

>>> <yawn> I have that disprove your ridiculous theory, if you want.

> Too plotched to confront your own silly brain farts, eh?

>>> Uh-huh. So you're stupid enough to claim that you just followed some
>>> other brain-dead person's opinion of a post?
>>>

>> I have no idea of hat you speak. My mind is ocupied with far more
>> important
>> things.

> Apparently that wine is so important that you were too drunk to
> remember what the hell you're doing in this thread.
>
> Have another bottle, Paul.

It can wait till later.

Keep cooking a meal for 8 and pretend you're having a dinner party. Be sure
to bake cookies for Santa.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/7/2013 11:36 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> <boggle> Have another bottle of wine, Paul. This is your night for
> getting really loaded anyway - All alone in his La-Z-Boy chair just
> like the festering Andy.

And what are you doing, servicing your nic-addict fit and raging at the
clerks down at the Kwiki Mart?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/8/2013 12:14 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> ObFood: 6.5lb prime rib roast will be slow-roasting all day tomorrow -
>> >making the house warm and smelling awesome. I'll take that over any
>> >raw ground Kobe cannibal beef any day.

> Lot of food for a person with no friends.

He has at least one - the road-rager Marty Bodine...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/8/2013 12:37 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Apparently that wine is so important that you were too drunk to
> remember what the hell you're doing in this thread.
>
> Have another bottle, Paul.
>
> -sw

Shall we return folks to the creepy rants you made on Yelp, troll?

http://www.yelp.com/user_details?use...qvcdFuU1dR8bgA

I went in to buy cigarettes as I do twice a week for the last 6 months
and was given "short" cigarettes instead of the longer 100's style. I
was halfway out the door when I realized the mistake. The door hadn't
even had time to close behind me when I went back in to get the right
cigarettes. Had to wait behind a few other people at the cash register
but when I got there he said they have a policy that once you leave the
store you cannot return or exchange anything. I told him the door never
even closed behind me so technically I never left the store. And more
importantly you gave me the wrong cigarettes. It was a simple exchange.

He said "No, you asked for 'Short' cigarettes", which was total BS as I
told him, "I do this twice a week, and you give me the correct
cigarettes every other time. The word "shorts" is not even in my
vocabulary." He still insisted those are what I asked for. Rather than
providing the simplest customer service he chose to argue with me and
insist I said something that I didn't. He refused to exchange the
cigarettes for the ones I originally asked for.

This is the same Shell station where a woman accused the store clerk
(Amirali Noorji Maknojia, age 44) of sexually assaulting her in the
bathroom back on March 4th, 2008 (story available in
http://Statesmen.com archives, author Tony Plohetski). While I didn't
exactly get raped in the sexual sense, I'm still amazed at the
treatment. It's clear that their pig-headed customer service still has
a quite a ways to go if they can't even provide the most basic customer
service for regular customers.
Was this review …?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 6, 2013 2:51:58 PM UTC+1, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> This food has been discussed here recently
>
> http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cannib...nts-2D11703492
>
> Janet US

It's only safe when served with Cannibal Corpse - Eaten Back to Life on the stereo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

hey i read your comment would you really grind me? i would wana get butchered and after being gutted and already split in half... half my carcas to be as bacon, ham, fillet cuts, and dried long pig, and the other half my carcas to be grinded into ground long pig, for sausages and hamburger meat, or machine seperated.. im 13 year old long pig willing to be killed to be all the things i said as meat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:18:48 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> hey i read your comment would you really grind me? i would wana get butchered and after being gutted and already split in half... half my carcas to be as bacon, ham, fillet cuts, and dried long pig, and the other half my carcas to be grinded into ground long pig, for sausages and hamburger meat, or machine seperated.. im 13 year old long pig willing to be killed to be all the things i said as meat.

I did a Google search for "long pig," and encountered the sickest thing I've
ever read in my life.
http://gawker.com/the-chilling-case-...th-a-493196615

--B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/01/2014 13:02, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:18:48 AM UTC-6, wrote:

>> hey i read your comment would you really grind me? i would wana get butchered and after being gutted and already split in half... half my carcas to be as bacon, ham, fillet cuts, and dried long pig, and the other half my carcas to be grinded into ground long pig, for sausages and hamburger meat, or machine seperated.. im 13 year old long pig willing to be killed to be all the things i said as meat.

> I did a Google search for "long pig," and encountered the sickest thing I've
> ever read in my life.
> http://gawker.com/the-chilling-case-...th-a-493196615

I read up to the second paragraph and that was enough.

I didn't know that 'long pig' was slang for human flesh used on cannibal
fetish sites. Maybe if it comes up in a pub trivia quiz I can say that
I have learned something useful.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:34:42 AM UTC-6, White Spirit wrote:
> On 14/01/2014 13:02, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>

> > On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:18:48 AM UTC-6, wrote:

> >> hey i read your comment would you really grind me? i would wana get butchered and after being gutted and already split in half... half my carcas to be as bacon, ham, fillet cuts, and dried long pig, and the other half my carcas to be grinded into ground long pig, for sausages and hamburger meat, or machine seperated.. im 13 year old long pig willing to be killed to be all the things i said as meat.

> > I did a Google search for "long pig," and encountered the sickest thing I've

> > ever read in my life.

> > http://gawker.com/the-chilling-case-...th-a-493196615

> I read up to the second paragraph and that was enough.
>

> I didn't know that 'long pig' was slang for human flesh used on cannibal
>
> fetish sites. Maybe if it comes up in a pub trivia quiz I can say that
>
> I have learned something useful.

I didn't know there *were* "cannibal fetish sites."

I just thought of something else sick. You know how young beef is called veal, and young sheep is called lamb. Do you think young humans might be called *short pig*?

--B

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/01/2014 15:25, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:34:42 AM UTC-6, White Spirit wrote:

>> On 14/01/2014 13:02, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

>>> I did a Google search for "long pig," and encountered the sickest thing I've
>>> ever read in my life.

>>> http://gawker.com/the-chilling-case-...th-a-493196615

>> I read up to the second paragraph and that was enough.

>> I didn't know that 'long pig' was slang for human flesh used on cannibal
>> fetish sites. Maybe if it comes up in a pub trivia quiz I can say that
>> I have learned something useful.

> I didn't know there *were* "cannibal fetish sites."

There had been a few isolated cases of cannibals in the past but the
first case where someone used the Internet to further their proclivities
that I know of is that of Armin Meiwes - a quite famous case:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...ny.lukeharding

'In one of the most extraordinary trials in German criminal history, the
self-confessed cannibal admitted that he had met a 43-year-old Berlin
engineer, Bernd Brandes, after advertising on the internet, and had
chopped him up and eaten him.'

> I just thought of something else sick. You know how young beef is
> called veal, and young sheep is called lamb. Do you think young
> humans might be called *short pig*?

Possibly; it seems that the person in the above article had pretty
specific tastes in that regard.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steak tartare with bread. Big whoop. Someone wasn't careful.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

how about long piglets...small pigs are called piglest but for human it would be long piglets.

OT To all residents of the Tarheel State Nick Cramer Barbecue 0 05-12-2009 08:19 AM
PING: Former Pee-Yay residents Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 1 25-08-2006 08:02 PM
Cannibal Carbs dwåcôn General Cooking 0 04-09-2005 11:15 PM
Attn California residents Dale Williams Wine 3 29-01-2004 04:16 PM
A cannibal barbecued my ass ! Shane D. Maudiss Barbecue 2 29-11-2003 07:48 PM