Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Carving Knife

On 12/2/2013 3:33 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> For meat? No, I wouldn't go with a serrated knife. You want a blade
> that can be kept honed with a steel.

You'd be dead wrong to.

The best meat slicers are serrated:

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/...errated-knives
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/2013 3:34 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/2/2013 5:20 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Hopefully no one will give her a carving knife for Christmas.
>>>

>> LOL... thinking about a comedy routine lately about people that age and
>> how they shouldn't go to stores to buy anything because anything they
>> buy is likely to outlast them.
>>

> Too true! I have to wonder about "lifetime warranties". Whose lifetime
> are they talking about?
>
> Jill

Yours, if you purchase it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/2013 5:52 PM, Pearl F. Buck wrote:
> On 12/2/2013 3:34 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> LOL... thinking about a comedy routine lately about people that age and
>>> how they shouldn't go to stores to buy anything because anything they
>>> buy is likely to outlast them.
>>>

>> Too true! I have to wonder about "lifetime warranties". Whose lifetime
>> are they talking about?
>>
>> Jill

> Yours, if you purchase it.

It's like a lot of things that sound good: "Lasts for up to three
months" and goes on the first day. They are still telling the truth!

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 11:15:14 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> Secondly, I'll tell you what my 90 year old aunt said about Thanksgiving
> this year: she's hanging up her apron. She has cooked big family meals
> for a husband, 5 kids, their kids and grandkids every Sunday and every
> holiday for decades. She said she's done. It's time for the kids and
> the grandkids to step up and do the cooking.

I'm nowhere near 92, but after cooking Thanksgiving dinner at DD's - I
liked having it elsewhere and am thinking she should take over hosting
and take on more of the cooking from now on. I'm sure son will step
up to the plate after they move into a larger home. He has no problem
with hosting less formal occasions, like the summer holidays - but I
trained them right and they want everyone seated at the dinner table
(inside) for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter... which is something
he can't accommodate at this point.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 2, 2013 7:15:44 AM UTC-8, Steve Freides wrote:

> But her carving knife didn't do a very good job - she found it difficult
> to use, and did my wife and I - so we now are faced with two questions.
> Should we get her carving knife sharpened - we think it's a good one but
> none of us know much about knives - and if so, where? Or should we just
> buy her a new carving knife for Christmas and, if so, what should we get
> her?
>

> Any comments and suggestions appreciated, and thanks in advance.

A Granton edge knife slices very nicely. Get a commercial knife at a
restaurant supply store (e.g. Dexter-Russell). This is what the "steamship
round of beef" carver will use at a buffet. These are inexpensive and
utilitarian, so just get one. Buy an edge guard for it, too.

use at a buffet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/2013 5:34 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 09:21:49 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> > wrote:
>
>> On Monday, December 2, 2013 11:14:42 AM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>>>

>>> At 92 years old I would just get her knife sharpened.
>>>

>> At 92 she might not be able to handle having her knife sharpened.
>>>

> You're probably right, she could cut herself pretty badly with a truly
> sharp edge. Maybe bringing a sharpening stone over and passing the
> knife over it a few times would do the trick.

Sharp knives are safer than dull ones. Dull knives tend to jump around
and slip.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/2013 5:34 PM, jmcquown wrote:
efully no one will give her a carving knife for Christmas.

>> LOL... thinking about a comedy routine lately about people that age and
>> how they shouldn't go to stores to buy anything because anything they
>> buy is likely to outlast them.
>>

> Too true! I have to wonder about "lifetime warranties". Whose lifetime
> are they talking about?

Last year I send a 10" chef's knife to Henkel for repair because the
handle was breaking apart. The knife was well over 25 years old. They
sent me a new one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/2013 5:37 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 17:19:19 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> My ceramic knives are close to 15 years old. A few years ago I got a
>> little hand held sharpener specifically for touching up ceramic knives.

> Can you give us a few more details, so we can google for it?

I can describe it. It is hand held and on the front is says Kyrocera
Light Sharpener New Diamond. I cannot give you a link because I Googled
it and there is nothing like it. I got it used from the store where I
had bought my ceramic knives. He no longer carried the knives so he
didn't have much use for it anymore. However, there are a number of
electric plug in or battery powered Kyrocera sharpeners, and there are
various other manufacturers' sharpeners for ceramic knives.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Freides[_2_] View Post
We celebrated Thanksgiving last week with my wife's 92-year-old Aunt,
who did a wonderful job preparing a very complete meal - turkey, three
different kind of cranberry relish, and countless vegetable and starch
dishes, all of which were great, and all necessary to feed the large
appetites at the table which included me and our 21- and 17-year-old
boys among a total of 8 people.

But her carving knife didn't do a very good job - she found it difficult
to use, and did my wife and I - so we now are faced with two questions.
Should we get her carving knife sharpened - we think it's a good one but
none of us know much about knives - and if so, where? Or should we just
buy her a new carving knife for Christmas and, if so, what should we get
her?

Any comments and suggestions appreciated, and thanks in advance.

-S-
She needs a Forschner/Victornox six inch curved boner. There is a trick to whacking up turkeys and it dont involve carving knives.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/13 1:16 PM, gtr wrote:

> By the way, on your behalf, I talked with Spyderco and they say no, the
> Sharpmaker will not sharpen ceramic: "You can't sharpen ceramic with
> ceramic".

Which is why I wondered why you recommended the Spyderco. It will *not*
do the job. See
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ife-sharpening
for a lot of information.

> I know that Kyocera is a significant manufacturer of ceramic knives, how
> you do it with Kyocera is you send them the knife:

That is why both of my ceramic knives are Kyocera, including the
original Ming Tsai knife with the black blade: they come with a lifetime
sharpening service.

If you really want to sharpen ceramics at home, Kyocera sells an
electric sharpener specifically for ceramics.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 10:15:44 -0500, "Steve Freides" >
> wrote:
>

>> But her carving knife didn't do a very good job - she found it
>> difficult to use, and did my wife and I - so we now are faced with
>> two questions. Should we get her carving knife sharpened - we think
>> it's a good one but none of us know much about knives - and if so,
>> where? Or should we just buy her a new carving knife for Christmas
>> and, if so, what should we get her?
>>
>> Any comments and suggestions appreciated, and thanks in advance.

> Sharpen the one she has, that way she will feel comfortable when she
> uses it. Have you Googled "knife sharpening" plus your area name?

Yes, I did that earlier today and found a place that looks pretty good.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/2013 10:15 AM, Steve Freides wrote:
> We celebrated Thanksgiving last week with my wife's 92-year-old Aunt,
> who did a wonderful job preparing a very complete meal - turkey, three
> different kind of cranberry relish, and countless vegetable and starch
> dishes, all of which were great, and all necessary to feed the large
> appetites at the table which included me and our 21- and 17-year-old
> boys among a total of 8 people.
>
> But her carving knife didn't do a very good job - she found it difficult
> to use, and did my wife and I - so we now are faced with two questions.
> Should we get her carving knife sharpened - we think it's a good one but
> none of us know much about knives - and if so, where? Or should we just
> buy her a new carving knife for Christmas and, if so, what should we get
> her?
>
> Any comments and suggestions appreciated, and thanks in advance.
>
> -S-

First I'm awed that she prepared the meal at her age! She must be doing
very well.

In her case I'd probably sharpen her existing knife or if there will be
someone to pass it on too, splurge.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 20:43:43 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 12/2/2013 5:34 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 09:21:49 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> > > wrote:

> >> At 92 she might not be able to handle having her knife sharpened.
> >>>

> > You're probably right, she could cut herself pretty badly with a truly
> > sharp edge. Maybe bringing a sharpening stone over and passing the
> > knife over it a few times would do the trick.
> >

> Sharp knives are safer than dull ones. Dull knives tend to jump around
> and slip.

I don't cut myself with dull knives, but always with the newly
sharpened ones done by a professional... I will admit, however, that
my version of dull probably isn't the norm.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 22:09:20 -0500, pltrgyst > wrote:

> On 12/2/13 1:16 PM, gtr wrote:
>
> > By the way, on your behalf, I talked with Spyderco and they say no, the
> > Sharpmaker will not sharpen ceramic: "You can't sharpen ceramic with
> > ceramic".

> Which is why I wondered why you recommended the Spyderco. It will *not*
> do the job. See
> http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ife-sharpening
> for a lot of information.
>
> > I know that Kyocera is a significant manufacturer of ceramic knives, how
> > you do it with Kyocera is you send them the knife:

> That is why both of my ceramic knives are Kyocera, including the
> original Ming Tsai knife with the black blade: they come with a lifetime
> sharpening service.
>
> If you really want to sharpen ceramics at home, Kyocera sells an
> electric sharpener specifically for ceramics.

I'm not interested in some expensive ceramic knife with a so called
lifetime guarantee - how would I hone a ceramic knife I bought from
the grocery store (yes, I've seen them there).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 22:42:28 -0500, "Steve Freides" >
wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 10:15:44 -0500, "Steve Freides" >
> > wrote:
> >

> >> But her carving knife didn't do a very good job - she found it
> >> difficult to use, and did my wife and I - so we now are faced with
> >> two questions. Should we get her carving knife sharpened - we think
> >> it's a good one but none of us know much about knives - and if so,
> >> where? Or should we just buy her a new carving knife for Christmas
> >> and, if so, what should we get her?
> >>
> >> Any comments and suggestions appreciated, and thanks in advance.

> > Sharpen the one she has, that way she will feel comfortable when she
> > uses it. Have you Googled "knife sharpening" plus your area name?

> Yes, I did that earlier today and found a place that looks pretty good.

Great!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-12-03 03:09:20 +0000, pltrgyst said:

> On 12/2/13 1:16 PM, gtr wrote:
>
>> By the way, on your behalf, I talked with Spyderco and they say no, the
>> Sharpmaker will not sharpen ceramic: "You can't sharpen ceramic with
>> ceramic".

> Which is why I wondered why you recommended the Spyderco. It will *not*
> do the job.

Because he first asked if there was a knife sharpener we used. I use
the SharpMaker. He then later turned to a discussion of ceramic knives
which I don't use.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-12-02 20:32:03 +0000, sf said:

> Sharpen the one she has, that way she will feel comfortable when she
> uses it.

Exactly the right perspective. Just remember to tell her "remember,
Nana, it's SHARP now--be careful."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/2013 11:15 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> Secondly, I'll tell you what my 90 year old aunt said about Thanksgiving
> this year: she's hanging up her apron. She has cooked big family meals
> for a husband, 5 kids, their kids and grandkids every Sunday and every
> holiday for decades. She said she's done. It's time for the kids and
> the grandkids to step up and do the cooking.

I know my mom feels the same way but the only family with a big enough
house is my brother. My house could do a big family meal in the summer
with the outdoor seating, but indoors we'd have to be all split up. I
could move some furniture around in the living room and add a card table
since my dining/living room aren't separated and I really have to think
about that. My mom is getting tired of having family dinners at her
house all the time.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-03 4:02 AM, Cheryl wrote:

> I know my mom feels the same way but the only family with a big enough
> house is my brother. My house could do a big family meal in the summer
> with the outdoor seating, but indoors we'd have to be all split up. I
> could move some furniture around in the living room and add a card table
> since my dining/living room aren't separated and I really have to think
> about that. My mom is getting tired of having family dinners at her
> house all the time.

My mother hosted Christmas dinners until she could no longer cope with
it. She could cook up a feast for 12-15 people and make it look
effortless. We would give her a hand. The last couple years of her life
my wife and I took over but for fewer people. One brother had to go to
inlaws and the other brother live three hours away and his wife managed
a womens clothing store and between working late Christmas Eve and
having to be back there early on Boxing Day, it was just too much hassle
for them.

That brother has moved back this way and lives in my town. We
alternate. However, we always do Christmas Eve, a light supper of
tortiere or some other meat pie and salad. One nephew, his wife and
daughter have made a tradition of coming for it and we usually have a
couple strays. Then my wife heads of to church.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> I don't cut myself with dull knives, but always with the newly
> sharpened ones done by a professional... I will admit, however, that
> my version of dull probably isn't the norm.

gtr made a very good comment when I was saying I always cut myself when DH
has sharpened our knives! He said that if they were always very sharp, I
wouldn't cut myself because I would be used to them! I think that was most
pertinent

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 12/2/2013 11:15 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> Secondly, I'll tell you what my 90 year old aunt said about Thanksgiving
>> this year: she's hanging up her apron. She has cooked big family meals
>> for a husband, 5 kids, their kids and grandkids every Sunday and every
>> holiday for decades. She said she's done. It's time for the kids and
>> the grandkids to step up and do the cooking.

> I know my mom feels the same way but the only family with a big enough
> house is my brother. My house could do a big family meal in the summer
> with the outdoor seating, but indoors we'd have to be all split up. I
> could move some furniture around in the living room and add a card table
> since my dining/living room aren't separated and I really have to think
> about that. My mom is getting tired of having family dinners at her house
> all the time.

It is also her turn now to relax and enjoy

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/3/2013 4:02 AM, Cheryl wrote:

> I know my mom feels the same way but the only family with a big enough
> house is my brother. My house could do a big family meal in the summer
> with the outdoor seating, but indoors we'd have to be all split up. I
> could move some furniture around in the living room and add a card table
> since my dining/living room aren't separated and I really have to think
> about that. My mom is getting tired of having family dinners at her
> house all the time.

It's something to ponder, for sure. Even if everyone pitches in, it's a
lot of work (and cleanup!)

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Freides wrote:

>We celebrated Thanksgiving last week with my wife's 92-year-old Aunt.
>But her carving knife didn't do a very good job - she found it difficult
>to use, and did my wife and I - so we now are faced with two questions.
>Should we get her carving knife sharpened - we think it's a good one.

"good one"... never heard of that brand. Need a lot more information;
brand, type (no such style as "carving knife" unless you're talking
whittling), size, material (stainless steel or carbon steel). Most
dull knives don't need sharpening (unless obviously damaged), a good
steeling will bring back a dull edge. A knife should be steeled often
during use, stored with it's edge protected, and obviously not used on
hard surfaces like ceramic or for hacking bones.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-12-03 14:15:09 +0000, Ophelia said:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>
>> I don't cut myself with dull knives, but always with the newly
>> sharpened ones done by a professional... I will admit, however, that
>> my version of dull probably isn't the norm.

> gtr made a very good comment when I was saying I always cut myself when
> DH has sharpened our knives! He said that if they were always very
> sharp, I wouldn't cut myself because I would be used to them! I think
> that was most pertinent

Respect the knife! Also, have something to respect it for. You may
also remember that in my home when we're cooking dinner we have a rule:
No talking while chopping. It makes for some spotty stories, but safe
ones.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gtr" > wrote in message news:201312030818462930-xxx@yyyzzz...
> On 2013-12-03 14:15:09 +0000, Ophelia said:
>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>>> I don't cut myself with dull knives, but always with the newly
>>> sharpened ones done by a professional... I will admit, however, that
>>> my version of dull probably isn't the norm.

>> gtr made a very good comment when I was saying I always cut myself when
>> DH has sharpened our knives! He said that if they were always very
>> sharp, I wouldn't cut myself because I would be used to them! I think
>> that was most pertinent

> Respect the knife! Also, have something to respect it for. You may also
> remember that in my home when we're cooking dinner we have a rule: No
> talking while chopping. It makes for some spotty stories, but safe ones.

True enough! Better not distract a person who is manipulating a lethal
knife <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 14:15:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>
> > I don't cut myself with dull knives, but always with the newly
> > sharpened ones done by a professional... I will admit, however, that
> > my version of dull probably isn't the norm.

> gtr made a very good comment when I was saying I always cut myself when DH
> has sharpened our knives! He said that if they were always very sharp, I
> wouldn't cut myself because I would be used to them! I think that was most
> pertinent

I don't have a husband to do it for me, so I sharpen them when the
mood hits.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 14:15:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>> > I don't cut myself with dull knives, but always with the newly
>> > sharpened ones done by a professional... I will admit, however, that
>> > my version of dull probably isn't the norm.

>> gtr made a very good comment when I was saying I always cut myself when
>> DH
>> has sharpened our knives! He said that if they were always very sharp, I
>> wouldn't cut myself because I would be used to them! I think that was
>> most
>> pertinent

> I don't have a husband to do it for me, so I sharpen them when the
> mood hits.

But that wasn't the point!!! gtr was saying that if you are used to very
sharp knives you will be aware ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 22:13:14 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> > As an aside I think more people need to learn to do more knife work so
> > they can use more of everything they get, and can buy cheaper larger cuts
> > that yield more than one use. Chicken leg quarters, for example, can be
> > cut down to nice drummies and thighs with the backbone section and surplus
> > fat and skin used for making stock. Same with breasts, if there is a
> > recipe to be made with boneless skinless breasts, I'm not going to pay the
> > silly price for them. Bone-in skin-on breasts are readily available at
> > sale prices and the trimmings are useful, even if it's just to render down
> > some schmaltz and make skin pops.

> DH does all that for me) I just do the cooking part

Ha! And my friends say I'm spoiled (just because my husband makes
breakfast).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 22:13:14 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>> > As an aside I think more people need to learn to do more knife work so
>> > they can use more of everything they get, and can buy cheaper larger
>> > cuts
>> > that yield more than one use. Chicken leg quarters, for example, can be
>> > cut down to nice drummies and thighs with the backbone section and
>> > surplus
>> > fat and skin used for making stock. Same with breasts, if there is a
>> > recipe to be made with boneless skinless breasts, I'm not going to pay
>> > the
>> > silly price for them. Bone-in skin-on breasts are readily available at
>> > sale prices and the trimmings are useful, even if it's just to render
>> > down
>> > some schmaltz and make skin pops.

>> DH does all that for me) I just do the cooking part

> Ha! And my friends say I'm spoiled (just because my husband makes
> breakfast).

Well he doesn't make breakfast or do any cooking, but I am still spoiled)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Well, after all that, much ado about nothing - Aunt Jane mentioned all
this to her neighbor, who said, "I can sharpen knives," and he sharpened
four of her knives for her including the carving knife. I guess we'll
find out on Christmas what sort of job he did.

I learned some things - thank you, everyone.

-S-

Steve Freides wrote:
> We celebrated Thanksgiving last week with my wife's 92-year-old Aunt,
> who did a wonderful job preparing a very complete meal - turkey, three
> different kind of cranberry relish, and countless vegetable and starch
> dishes, all of which were great, and all necessary to feed the large
> appetites at the table which included me and our 21- and 17-year-old
> boys among a total of 8 people.
>
> But her carving knife didn't do a very good job - she found it
> difficult to use, and did my wife and I - so we now are faced with
> two questions. Should we get her carving knife sharpened - we think
> it's a good one but none of us know much about knives - and if so,
> where? Or should we just buy her a new carving knife for Christmas
> and, if so, what should we get her?
>
> Any comments and suggestions appreciated, and thanks in advance.
>
> -S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 15:24:45 -0700, Teh Lamester
> wrote:

> Oh yea, but they say you're the kook and also a stalker.

It's typical republican type game playing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/4/2013 4:35 PM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 15:24:45 -0700, Teh Lamester
> > wrote:
>
>> Oh yea, but they say you're the kook and also a stalker.

> It's typical republican type game playing.

Cheney is behind it, you can just sense it...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:37:01 AM UTC-5, Janet wrote:

> For many years a travelling tinker called Mac the Knife used to pull
>
> up at our gate once a year, collect all my knives/scissors gardening
>
> tools, and bring them back a few hours later, sharpened and washed (in
>
> the sea). Since he died I get the knives done at friendly local butcher

You remember a traveling TINKER? I though those went out with the 'Pride and Prejudice' gang.

Reminds me of Rollie in "Lassie Come Home". Didn't she spend some time with a traveling guy and his little dog?

We make an annual trek to a guy who runs a knife shop, leave all our knives, and he does them for about 3 bucks per in about an hour.

My mother's favorite near-curse was "Didn't amount to a tinker's damn". Thanks for the memory tweak.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I hang my head in shame - a 92 year old putting on a big meal? And me afraid to have a neighbor over for LUNCH? I am in awe of your aunt and you tell her I said so. God bless 'er.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/4/13 8:28 PM, Kalmia wrote:

> You remember a traveling TINKER? I though those went out with the 'Pride and Prejudice' gang.

We had one in NJ into the early 1960's.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 12:01:22 PM UTC-8, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 14:15:09 -0000, "Ophelia"

> > gtr made a very good comment when I was saying I always cut myself when DH
> > has sharpened our knives! He said that if they were always very sharp, I
> > wouldn't cut myself because I would be used to them! I think that was most
> > pertinent

> I don't have a husband to do it for me, so I sharpen them when the
> mood hits.

No Mr. sf? Or he just does not snap to your tune?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 17:29:16 -0700, "Pearl F. Buck"
> wrote:

> On 12/4/2013 4:35 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 15:24:45 -0700, Teh Lamester
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Oh yea, but they say you're the kook and also a stalker.

> > It's typical republican type game playing.
> >

> Cheney is behind it, you can just sense it...

Cheney is too busy dealing with problems of his own biological
creation at the moment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/4/2013 10:10 PM, pltrgyst wrote:
> On 12/4/13 8:28 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>
>> You remember a traveling TINKER? I though those went out with the
>> 'Pride and Prejudice' gang.

> We had one in NJ into the early 1960's.

The short guy with the dramatic mustache?