Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Why peopel work in call centres...... Yours's

I had to call to activate our new credit cards the other day and ended
up trying to arrange for a card for our account in my son's name so we
can help him get settled in to his new apartment and start his new job.
He has a good job lined up but he had to quit his job and give up his
apartment to take a 5 month course to get the job.

We were going to have to go to the bank and get a form, fill it out, Fax
it to him to get his signature and then have it faxed back, or we could
download it and do that. She then told us that she isn't really supposed
to suggest this but..... "you could send him one of yours's"

I am guessing at the spelling of her version of the second person plural
possessive. I had not realized that it required a second "s". Perhaps
she had previously worked in a restaurant and had mastered "yous", or is
that "youse"?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 16:59:03 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I had to call to activate our new credit cards the other day and ended
>> up trying to arrange for a card for our account in my son's name so we
>> can help him get settled in to his new apartment and start his new job.
>> He has a good job lined up but he had to quit his job and give up his
>> apartment to take a 5 month course to get the job.
>>
>> We were going to have to go to the bank and get a form, fill it out, Fax
>> it to him to get his signature and then have it faxed back, or we could
>> download it and do that. She then told us that she isn't really supposed
>> to suggest this but..... "you could send him one of yours's"
>>
>> I am guessing at the spelling of her version of the second person plural
>> possessive. I had not realized that it required a second "s". Perhaps
>> she had previously worked in a restaurant and had mastered "yous", or is
>> that "youse"?

> Gee - Dave posts OT to complain about people. Never seen THAT come
> out of Dave before, eh?

HUH! Did you see the moaning and whinging when I had to change my addie?
Good thing I don't care enough to do the same. He is in my kf too but there
he was, large as life, earlier Although why he would think I care about
him and his kf beats the heck outta me <g> If I really cared I would
regularly change my addie deliberately just to annoy him .... hmmm now
there's a thought ...

> ObFood: Open faced turkey and bacon sandwich doused with generous
> asiago cream sauce.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...8623/lightbox/

I have to say you never stint on your food do you? )))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

So, your spelling of peopel was ....what? Novel? Inspired? Don't 'youse' have spellchecker?

If you ever worked in a call center, you might appreciate the pressure they are feeling.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/29/2013 6:17 PM, Ophelia wrote:

twit

> HUH! Did you see the moaning and whinging when I had to change my addie?
> Good thing I don't care enough to do the same. He is in my kf too but
> there

No, you twit. I said you got past my twit filter when your user name
changed. You denied that you changed it. You later indicated that you
had changed it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > Wrote in message:
> I had to call to activate our new credit cards the other day and ended
> up trying to arrange for a card for our account in my son's name so we

David dear you really have no reason to criticize someone else's spelling. Really.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 16:27:58 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:

> So, your spelling of peopel was ....what? Novel? Inspired? Don't 'youse' have spellchecker?

Dave's news reader probably works like mine... it spell checks the
body, but not the subject line.

> If you ever worked in a call center, you might appreciate the pressure they are feeling.

I think that part of his post has been permanently lost in subsequent
replies using a republican style obfuscation technique.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/29/2013 11:08 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> Dave Smith > Wrote in message:
>> I had to call to activate our new credit cards the other day and ended
>> up trying to arrange for a card for our account in my son's name so we

> David dear you really have no reason to criticize someone else's spelling. Really.

Yeah, but we know he meant to type "peepel"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-11-29 7:27 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> So, your spelling of peopel was ....what? Novel? Inspired? Don't 'youse' have spellchecker?

Yep... in the body of the post, but not in the subject line.

> If you ever worked in a call center, you might appreciate the pressure they are feeling.

I appreciate you sympathy for them, and, if there is someone there
beside you who is in sync with you, I appreciate yours's too. ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-11-29 11:08 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> Dave Smith > Wrote in message:
>> I had to call to activate our new credit cards the other day and ended
>> up trying to arrange for a card for our account in my son's name so we

> David dear you really have no reason to criticize someone else's spelling. Really.

That's true Cheryl. I have admitted to being bad at editing stuff on my
monitor. I am note in the habit of correcting spelling. In thins case I
will make an exception because my spellcheck shows "else's" to be a
misspelled. ;-)

I just thought it was amusing to hear the woman struggle with the
second person plural possessive. In waitressese the second person
plural is youse (youse<?>).

BTW.....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-11-29 11:02 PM, ztrewqS wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 22:27:32 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 11/29/2013 6:17 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>> twit
>>>
>>> HUH! Did you see the moaning and whinging when I had to change my addie?
>>> Good thing I don't care enough to do the same. He is in my kf too but
>>> there

>> No, you twit. I said you got past my twit filter when your user name
>> changed. You denied that you changed it. You later indicated that you
>> had changed it.

> He says as he responds directly to Ophelia's post <snork>. So why
> didn't you put her back in, Dave? Those twit-thingies can be tricky,
> eh? Or did she change her posting email address again?

I do? That's interesting because I did make a comment about Ophelia
responding to me indirectly. Even you should be able to look at the
posts where I have replied to Ophelia and see that I replied directly.

It would be easy enough for me to put this latest alias of your's into
the filter but that would be a waste of a few seconds because the next
time you are craving my attention you would just nymshift yet again.

> And she never denied changing it back when you whined about a few
> months ago, Liar. She simply said that she always goes by the name
> Ophelia.

I whined? I said that she slipped through the filter because her
username changed, and the domain is part of the username. I did not say
that I put her back in. I figured I would give her another chance
because she was no longer replying to a dozen Lucas posts per day and
quoting them in their entirely only to add a few lines at the end off a
hundred lines of quoted text to say that it was offensive. Now it is
mildly entertaining to watch her whinging about me whining.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 9:39 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

> I just thought it was amusing to hear the woman struggle with the
> second person plural possessive. In waitressese the second person
> plural is youse (youse<?>).

Twice in the last few weeks, someone on TV said incidentses.
Maybe it's a new trend.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 9:55 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 11/30/2013 9:39 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I just thought it was amusing to hear the woman struggle with the
>> second person plural possessive. In waitressese the second person
>> plural is youse (youse<?>).

> Twice in the last few weeks, someone on TV said incidentses.
> Maybe it's a new trend.

What was likely said was "incidences".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 9:59 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 11/30/2013 9:55 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 11/30/2013 9:39 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I just thought it was amusing to hear the woman struggle with the
>>> second person plural possessive. In waitressese the second person
>>> plural is youse (youse<?>).

>> Twice in the last few weeks, someone on TV said incidentses.
>> Maybe it's a new trend.
>>

> What was likely said was "incidences".

Ha, look what popped up right away when I searched on
incidences:

http://wordculture.wordpress.com/201...or-incidences/

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message

> That name is Popeil. Just hauled out my Ronco dehydrator to get some
> mileage out of an aging bunch of parsley and some red basil. That
> contraption has paid for itself over time, but of course I paid no more
> than 20 bucks for it. It can produce some pretty decent beef jerky too.

Share your recipe for beef jerky?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-11-30 10:42 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> You noticed) Well he is in mine as he has been for a long time and is
> staying there) I love the way he is trying to turn it back on
> me!!!!!!! Pity it isn't working. He seems to believe his kf is
> sacrosanct and everyone must respect it ... or he will whinge and scream
> and kick up his wee leggies ... lol

I think you may be confused there princess. You were stuck into it only
because you were constantly whining, responding to someone who you
thought was being offensive. You would quote 100 lines of more of his
offensive text only add your complaint about his post being offensive.
That person was in my KF because he was so offensive and you ended up in
it because your post consisted of nothing more than the offensive crap I
was trying to filter and ignore, followed by your complain.... over and
over and over.

Apparently you seem to have difficulty with idea of not being in my
filter anymore but continue to whine as if you still are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:31:08 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2013-11-29 7:27 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>
> > So, your spelling of peopel was ....what? Novel? Inspired? Don't 'youse' have spellchecker?

> Yep... in the body of the post, but not in the subject line.

If you must know, it came thru wrong in MY subject line and body.

By the way, you say Lucas is back -- under what name(s)?
I guess he couldn't help himself and just HAD to come back to insult everyone.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:39:51 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2013-11-29 11:08 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>
> > Dave Smith > Wrote in message:

> >> I had to call to activate our new credit cards the other day and ended

> >> up trying to arrange for a card for our account in my son's name so we

> > David dear you really have no reason to criticize someone else's spelling. Really.

> That's true Cheryl. I have admitted to being bad at editing stuff on my
>
> monitor. I am note in the habit of correcting spelling. In thins case I
>
> will make an exception because my spellcheck shows "else's" to be a
>
> misspelled. ;-)
>

> I just thought it was amusing to hear the woman struggle with the
>
> second person plural possessive. In waitressese the second person
>
> plural is youse (youse<?>).

Listen here - I know plenty of educated New Yorkers who still can't break the youse habit. I used to think they were kidding, but they really meant it.

To any New Yorkers: do they say 'youse' upstate too, say around Watertown?

Worked with a Southern gal who was going to spend the weekend painting the boyses room.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:31:08 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2013-11-29 7:27 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>>
>> > So, your spelling of peopel was ....what? Novel? Inspired? Don't
>> > 'youse' have spellchecker?

>> Yep... in the body of the post, but not in the subject line.

> If you must know, it came thru wrong in MY subject line and body.
>
> By the way, you say Lucas is back -- under what name(s)?
> I guess he couldn't help himself and just HAD to come back to insult
> everyone.

Is he? Heh I must be sure to respond to every one of his posts if for no
other reason to **** Dave off lol. I'll get myself back in his kf by hook
or by crook LOLOL

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:55:08 AM UTC-5, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 11/30/2013 9:39 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>

> > I just thought it was amusing to hear the woman struggle with the

> > second person plural possessive. In waitressese the second person

> > plural is youse (youse<?>).

> Twice in the last few weeks, someone on TV said incidentses.

Still waiting to hear Diane Sawyer say 'asked'. Heaven forbid she should attempt 'sixths'.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-11-30 11:57 AM, Kalmia wrote:
> On Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:31:08 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2013-11-29 7:27 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>>
>>> So, your spelling of peopel was ....what? Novel? Inspired? Don't 'youse' have spellchecker?

>> Yep... in the body of the post, but not in the subject line.

> If you must know, it came thru wrong in MY subject line and body.
>
> By the way, you say Lucas is back -- under what name(s)?

No. I didn't say that.

> I guess he couldn't help himself and just HAD to come back to insult everyone.

It should not be a surprise that some people will nymshift just to do
that. It is their form of mental masturbation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-11-30 12:00 PM, Kalmia wrote:

>> I just thought it was amusing to hear the woman struggle with the
>>
>> second person plural possessive. In waitressese the second person
>>
>> plural is youse (youse<?>).

> Listen here - I know plenty of educated New Yorkers who still can't
> break the youse habit. I used to think they were kidding, but they
> really meant it.
>
> To any New Yorkers: do they say 'youse' upstate too, say around
> Watertown?
>
> Worked with a Southern gal who was going to spend the weekend
> painting the boyses room.

I know a young lady who teaches elementary school who says "youse". You
might expect that if they had gone to university to get the degree
required to get a teaching certificate they would have acquired at least
that much of a working knowledge of the language.

I find this ironic because I have had to deal with tech support from
India and more recently from Mexico. The Indian accents can be
difficult to understand, but the offshore call center staff seem to have
a better grasp of the grammar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-11-30 12:01 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Kalmia" > wrote in message

>>> Yep... in the body of the post, but not in the subject line.

>> If you must know, it came thru wrong in MY subject line and body.
>>
>> By the way, you say Lucas is back -- under what name(s)?
>> I guess he couldn't help himself and just HAD to come back to insult
>> everyone.

> Is he? Heh I must be sure to respond to every one of his posts if for
> no other reason to **** Dave off lol. I'll get myself back in his kf by
> hook or by crook LOLOL

You seem to have a hard time not thinking about. I promise you it is
not hard thinking about you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ztrewqS" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 22:27:32 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 11/29/2013 6:17 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>> twit
>>>
>>> HUH! Did you see the moaning and whinging when I had to change my
>>> addie?
>>> Good thing I don't care enough to do the same. He is in my kf too but
>>> there

>> No, you twit. I said you got past my twit filter when your user name
>> changed. You denied that you changed it. You later indicated that you
>> had changed it.

> He says as he responds directly to Ophelia's post <snork>. So why
> didn't you put her back in, Dave? Those twit-thingies can be tricky,
> eh? Or did she change her posting email address again?
>
> And she never denied changing it back when you whined about a few
> months ago, Liar. She simply said that she always goes by the name
> Ophelia.

Thanks, Steve. You are correct!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 11/30/2013 9:39 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> I just thought it was amusing to hear the woman struggle with the
>> second person plural possessive. In waitressese the second person
>> plural is youse (youse<?>).

> Twice in the last few weeks, someone on TV said incidentses.
> Maybe it's a new trend.

Perhaps they were conversating{:-)
I recently heard this monstrosity of a word. Don't they teach English in
schools these days?
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> On 11/30/2013 9:39 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I just thought it was amusing to hear the woman struggle with the
>>> second person plural possessive. In waitressese the second person
>>> plural is youse (youse<?>).

>> Twice in the last few weeks, someone on TV said incidentses.
>> Maybe it's a new trend.
>>

> Perhaps they were conversating{:-)
> I recently heard this monstrosity of a word. Don't they teach English in
> schools these days?

Youse is common in Glasgow)
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.food.fast-food,or.politics

Default Why peopel work in call centres.....Winner Winner chicken boner!

Pearl F. Buck aka bandersnatch aka kiplings hand >
wrote:

>>> You're a really lame competitor:
>>>

>> I've won thousands of dollars and have way over a hundred awards,
>> plaques, trophies, and ribbons to show for it.

> That equates to almost enough to fund your hobby-cooking partially,
> lol
>> I've actually lost count
>> and the collection is too big to display in one place so I have some
>> and one of my teammates has some.

> You fluff up bigger than a prairie chicken...

Jealous, obviously. Point being you try lamely to discredit me when you
never won anything in your life. So it just chaps your ass bloody to think
that I'm so much more successful than you, right, troll? snicker

>> And I took sixth place in the 2012 World
>> Food Competition Side Dish Championships, a competition made up of
>> contest winners only. How do you figure I got there if I didn't win
>> anything, moron?

> The stats tell the tale though, don't they, lone fluke finish aside...

Fluke? You missed the part where you had to win a contest to even get in?
Yeah, you are just desperately jealous because you have no accomplishments
of your own, except perhaps for being the most obsessed full-time
stalker-kook on earth.

Stats tell you nothing, not if you don't understand them, and not if you
can't find most of my contest teams, dumbass. Like I said, that represents
WAY over 10,000 teams, fool. WAY over. Probably closer to 15k. You have no
idea what you're looking at.

When are you going to melt down and tell us all about being crazy again?

Now run along and contemplate the fact that you never won anything in your
life, "bandersnatch" <snicker>.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-11-30 2:20 PM, graham wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> On 11/30/2013 9:39 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I just thought it was amusing to hear the woman struggle with the
>>> second person plural possessive. In waitressese the second person
>>> plural is youse (youse<?>).

>> Twice in the last few weeks, someone on TV said incidentses.
>> Maybe it's a new trend.
>>

> Perhaps they were conversating{:-)
> I recently heard this monstrosity of a word. Don't they teach English in
> schools these days?

In law enforcement circles they often use the word "paramount" as a
subjective completion rather than as an adjective. ie... Safety is
paramount.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 2:20 PM, graham wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> On 11/30/2013 9:39 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I just thought it was amusing to hear the woman struggle with the
>>> second person plural possessive. In waitressese the second person
>>> plural is youse (youse<?>).

>> Twice in the last few weeks, someone on TV said incidentses.
>> Maybe it's a new trend.
>>

> Perhaps they were conversating{:-)

That makes me cringe!

> I recently heard this monstrosity of a word. Don't they teach English in
> schools these days?
> Graham

I'm beginning to think not.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 2:25 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "graham" > wrote in message

>>> Twice in the last few weeks, someone on TV said incidentses.
>>> Maybe it's a new trend.
>>>

>> Perhaps they were conversating{:-)
>> I recently heard this monstrosity of a word. Don't they teach English
>> in schools these days?

> Youse is common in Glasgow)

I don't think "conversating" is common.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 2:20 PM, graham wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Twice in the last few weeks, someone on TV said incidentses.
>> Maybe it's a new trend.
>>

> Perhaps they were conversating{:-)

About ingredientses, maybe?

> I recently heard this monstrosity of a word. Don't they teach English in
> schools these days?

I'm thinking people are learning spelling, etc, from the internet
and not from reading books any more.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/30/2013 2:25 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Perhaps they were conversating{:-)
>>> I recently heard this monstrosity of a word. Don't they teach English
>>> in schools these days?

>> Youse is common in Glasgow)

> I don't think "conversating" is common.

Nope! That is a new one on me)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

>> I don't think "conversating" is common.

> Nope! That is a new one on me)

It was new to me but I heard it on a couple of US TV programs recently.
The statement went something like: "I visited my friend to conversate".
Later, "while we were conversating..."
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/30/2013 2:20 PM, graham wrote:

>>> Twice in the last few weeks, someone on TV said incidentses.
>>> Maybe it's a new trend.
>>>

>> Perhaps they were conversating{:-)

> That makes me cringe!
>
>> I recently heard this monstrosity of a word. Don't they teach English in
>> schools these days?
>> Graham
>>

> I'm beginning to think not.
>
> Jill

And why do they call blind people ugly? They are not necessarily visually
impaired!
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 1:55:58 PM UTC-6, graham wrote:

> It was new to me but I heard it on a couple of US TV programs recently.
>
> The statement went something like: "I visited my friend to conversate".
>
> Later, "while we were conversating..."
>
> Graham

The first time I heard that term "conversating" was when they interviewed a woman after the Titans football player, which I cannot recall his name, was killed by his 'girlfriend' and then she killed herself. The statement she made was "he was so easy to conversate with." That produced a big guffaw by all who was watching this interview as we just thought she uneducated and it certainly made her appear quite ignorant.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message

>>> I don't think "conversating" is common.

>> Nope! That is a new one on me)
>>

> It was new to me but I heard it on a couple of US TV programs recently.
> The statement went something like: "I visited my friend to conversate".
> Later, "while we were conversating..."

Good grief! They must make it up as they go along!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-01 2:55 PM, graham wrote:

>>> I don't think "conversating" is common.

>> Nope! That is a new one on me)
>>

> It was new to me but I heard it on a couple of US TV programs recently.
> The statement went something like: "I visited my friend to conversate".
> Later, "while we were conversating..."

It was probably " while was was conversating..."

I think