Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default help needed-crustless quiche

TIA- I need to come up with a *good*, according to my sister,
crustless quiche recipe and just know some of you have a really
better idea than what I can find via Google. I have no clue. If you
have a minute, could you post it as a big favor? Thank you very much
and Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukah tomorrow!.

aloha,
Cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/27/2013 12:51 PM, pure kona wrote:
> TIA- I need to come up with a *good*, according to my sister,
> crustless quiche recipe and just know some of you have a really
> better idea than what I can find via Google. I have no clue. If you
> have a minute, could you post it as a big favor? Thank you very much
> and Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukah tomorrow!.
>
> aloha,
> Cea

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...ipe/index.html

Me pu oe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 13:04:01 -0700, "Pearl F. Buck"
> wrote:

>On 11/27/2013 12:51 PM, pure kona wrote:
>> TIA- I need to come up with a *good*, according to my sister,
>> crustless quiche recipe and just know some of you have a really
>> better idea than what I can find via Google. I have no clue. If you
>> have a minute, could you post it as a big favor? Thank you very much
>> and Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukah tomorrow!.
>>
>> aloha,
>> Cea
>>

>http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...ipe/index.html
>
>Me pu oe

Mahalo nui! This RFC group rocks and I knew that :>) having been here
for almost 2 decades (!)- next year.

That recipe looks fabulous and I did not see it wandering through
GOOGLE!

OT: Embarrassingly, I had to look up me pu oe and although I am a
native, I did not know that phrase. Guess we don't say that often.
Now my grandmother might have known it, but not me.

Mahalo on both accounts!

with aloha,
Cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/27/2013 2:06 PM, pure kona wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 13:04:01 -0700, "Pearl F. Buck"
> > wrote:
>
>> On 11/27/2013 12:51 PM, pure kona wrote:
>>> TIA- I need to come up with a *good*, according to my sister,
>>> crustless quiche recipe and just know some of you have a really
>>> better idea than what I can find via Google. I have no clue. If you
>>> have a minute, could you post it as a big favor? Thank you very much
>>> and Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukah tomorrow!.
>>>
>>> aloha,
>>> Cea
>>>

>> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...ipe/index.html
>>
>> Me pu oe

> Mahalo nui! This RFC group rocks and I knew that :>) having been here
> for almost 2 decades (!)- next year.
>
> That recipe looks fabulous and I did not see it wandering through
> GOOGLE!

I think it's even better with a little bit of bacon browned off and
crumbled in also.

> OT: Embarrassingly, I had to look up me pu oe and although I am a
> native, I did not know that phrase. Guess we don't say that often.
> Now my grandmother might have known it, but not me.
>
> Mahalo on both accounts!
>
> with aloha,
> Cea

Glad to be of some help, have a great Thanksgiving and...Mele Kalikimaka.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

pure kona wrote:
> TIA- I need to come up with a *good*, according to my sister,
> crustless quiche recipe and just know some of you have a really
> better idea than what I can find via Google. I have no clue. If you
> have a minute, could you post it as a big favor? Thank you very much
> and Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukah tomorrow!.
>
> aloha,
> Cea

There's no crustless quiche ...

Cheers,
Michael Kuettner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/27/2013 1:51 PM, pure kona wrote:
> TIA- I need to come up with a *good*, according to my sister,
> crustless quiche recipe and just know some of you have a really
> better idea than what I can find via Google. I have no clue. If you
> have a minute, could you post it as a big favor? Thank you very much
> and Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukah tomorrow!.
>
> aloha,
> Cea

I haven't made it so I can't vouch for it's success.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Crustless Quiche

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 eggs -- beaten
2 tablespoons flour
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon oregano
8 ounces shredded cheese
1 can tiny shrimp -- (4 oz.) (drain off liquid &
discard)
1 can crab meat (drain off liquid & discard) --
(4 oz.)
1 can chopped mushrooms (drain off liquid &
discard) -- (4 oz.)
1/4 cup sliced green onions

In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, eggs, flour and spices until
well mixed.

Gently stir in an 8 oz. pkg. shredded cheese ( sharp cheddar or what you
like)

Stir in remaining ingredients.

Lightly butter a 9-inch pie plate OR an 8x8 brownie pan. Pour mix into
greased pie plate or pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 – 37 minutes.

NOTES : Author successfully added chopped turkey, chicken, ham, ground
beef, chopped broccoli, spinach, bacon or anything else you can think
of!! Put in whatever you like … this is a no-fail recipe!

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 22:51:13 +0100, Michael Kuettner
> wrote:

>pure kona wrote:
>> TIA- I need to come up with a *good*, according to my sister,
>> crustless quiche recipe and just know some of you have a really
>> better idea than what I can find via Google. I have no clue. If you
>> have a minute, could you post it as a big favor? Thank you very much
>> and Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukah tomorrow!.
>>
>> aloha,
>> Cea
>>

>There's no crustless quiche ...
>
>Cheers,
>Michael Kuettner

I would agree but I think it was invented for the low carb diet. I
guess fat does not count there.

aloha,
Cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:55:21 -0600, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>On 11/27/2013 1:51 PM, pure kona wrote:
>> TIA- I need to come up with a *good*, according to my sister,
>> crustless quiche recipe and just know some of you have a really
>> better idea than what I can find via Google. I have no clue. If you
>> have a minute, could you post it as a big favor? Thank you very much
>> and Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukah tomorrow!.
>>
>> aloha,
>> Cea
>>

>I haven't made it so I can't vouch for it's success.
>

>* Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Crustless Quiche
>

> 1/2 cup milk
> 1/2 cup mayonnaise
> 2 eggs -- beaten
> 2 tablespoons flour
> salt to taste
> pepper to taste
> 1/4 teaspoon oregano
> 8 ounces shredded cheese
> 1 can tiny shrimp -- (4 oz.) (drain off liquid &
>discard)
> 1 can crab meat (drain off liquid & discard) --
>(4 oz.)
> 1 can chopped mushrooms (drain off liquid &
>discard) -- (4 oz.)
> 1/4 cup sliced green onions
>
>In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, eggs, flour and spices until
>well mixed.
>
>Gently stir in an 8 oz. pkg. shredded cheese ( sharp cheddar or what you
>like)
>
>Stir in remaining ingredients.
>
>Lightly butter a 9-inch pie plate OR an 8x8 brownie pan. Pour mix into
>greased pie plate or pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 – 37 minutes.
>

>NOTES : Author successfully added chopped turkey, chicken, ham, ground
>beef, chopped broccoli, spinach, bacon or anything else you can think
>of!! Put in whatever you like … this is a no-fail recipe!

Thanks Janet!

aloha,
Cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/27/2013 4:37 PM, pure kona wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 22:51:13 +0100, Michael Kuettner
> > wrote:
>
>> pure kona wrote:
>>> TIA- I need to come up with a *good*, according to my sister,
>>> crustless quiche recipe and just know some of you have a really
>>> better idea than what I can find via Google. I have no clue. If you
>>> have a minute, could you post it as a big favor? Thank you very much
>>> and Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukah tomorrow!.
>>>
>>> aloha,
>>> Cea
>>>

>> There's no crustless quiche ...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Michael Kuettner

> I would agree but I think it was invented for the low carb diet. I
> guess fat does not count there.
>
> aloha,
> Cea

I think I got it off a low carb web site.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:51:13 PM UTC-8, Michael Kuettner wrote:
> pure kona wrote:
>
> > TIA- I need to come up with a *good*, according to my sister,

> > crustless quiche recipe

> There's no crustless quiche ...

Without a crust, would it be a frittata?

But what I was really wondering, was if the gluten-free craze had made it to
Austria/Europe yet?