Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 2013 new Christmas Candy: Bacon Maple Truffles!

Two years ago, I experimented with chocolate covered bacon:

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2edb4f6.jpg

4 of my 6 test strips didn't last the day! YUM!!!

So this year I'm making Bacon Maple Truffles!

3# chopped dark chocolate
1.5 lbs bacon, fried crispy, drained and crumbled
1 cup 40% cream
1/2 cup maple syrup

May need more cream or maple(?) as the ganache was very stiff. Not
easily pourable like pure chocolate ganache. Mixed the cream, maple
syrup and crumbled bacon and brought to a boil, just, then dumped in
the chocolate and stirred stirred stirred. Much thicker than a pure
chocolate+cream ganache, we'll see how it works out.

Bacon is meat candy! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> Two years ago, I experimented with chocolate covered bacon:
>
> http://oi52.tinypic.com/2edb4f6.jpg
>
> 4 of my 6 test strips didn't last the day! YUM!!!

I believe you, John. The taste combo sounds good!

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:02:58 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> Two years ago, I experimented with chocolate covered bacon:
>>
>> http://oi52.tinypic.com/2edb4f6.jpg
>>
>> 4 of my 6 test strips didn't last the day! YUM!!!

>I believe you, John. The taste combo sounds good!
>
>G.

It was amazingly yummy! The bacon flavor didn't come through at first,
but developed slowly and subtley.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to remelt and add cream to the Bacon
Maple Truffle ganache. It's WAY to stiff as is to work into dippable
pieces.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:14:00 -0600, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>Two years ago, I experimented with chocolate covered bacon:
>
>http://oi52.tinypic.com/2edb4f6.jpg
>
>4 of my 6 test strips didn't last the day! YUM!!!
>
>So this year I'm making Bacon Maple Truffles!
>
>3# chopped dark chocolate
>1.5 lbs bacon, fried crispy, drained and crumbled
>1 cup 40% cream
>1/2 cup maple syrup
>
>May need more cream or maple(?) as the ganache was very stiff. Not
>easily pourable like pure chocolate ganache. Mixed the cream, maple
>syrup and crumbled bacon and brought to a boil, just, then dumped in
>the chocolate and stirred stirred stirred. Much thicker than a pure
>chocolate+cream ganache, we'll see how it works out.
>
>Bacon is meat candy! :-)
>
>John Kuthe...

Well, one thiong I learned right away as the gamache set up, THIS
STUFF IS TOO STIFF TO WORK!

So I broke it up and put it in a bowl with 1/2 cup of cream and warmed
in the microwave. Mixed well and put in a tray to cool.

This should be workable.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:55:40 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:14:00 -0600, John Kuthe >
>
> wrote:
>

> >Two years ago, I experimented with chocolate covered bacon:

> >http://oi52.tinypic.com/2edb4f6.jpg

> >4 of my 6 test strips didn't last the day! YUM!!!

> >So this year I'm making Bacon Maple Truffles!

> >3# chopped dark chocolate

> >1.5 lbs bacon, fried crispy, drained and crumbled

> >1 cup 40% cream

> >1/2 cup maple syrup

> >May need more cream or maple(?) as the ganache was very stiff. Not

> >easily pourable like pure chocolate ganache. Mixed the cream, maple

> >syrup and crumbled bacon and brought to a boil, just, then dumped in

> >the chocolate and stirred stirred stirred. Much thicker than a pure

> >chocolate+cream ganache, we'll see how it works out.

> >Bacon is meat candy! :-)

> >John Kuthe...

> Well, one thiong I learned right away as the gamache set up, THIS
>
> STUFF IS TOO STIFF TO WORK!
>

> So I broke it up and put it in a bowl with 1/2 cup of cream and warmed
>
> in the microwave. Mixed well and put in a tray to cool.
>

> This should be workable.
>

> John Kuthe...

Well, Johny (are you?) I think you can see how popular you are on here. One reply from somebody who's dumb as a rock. Kind of like your personal and professional life, no? Keep sucking that cock.