Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default the curse is broken ... or at least temporarily suspended

the Ghost of Andy has tormented me long enough - this morning I made
an English Muffin breakfast sandwich and ironically didn't think of him
until I had my morning r.f.c

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> the Ghost of Andy has tormented me long enough - this morning I made
> an English Muffin breakfast sandwich and ironically didn't think of him
> until I had my morning r.f.c

Aha you are freeeeeeeeeeeee)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:15:29 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> > the Ghost of Andy has tormented me long enough - this morning I made
> > an English Muffin breakfast sandwich and ironically didn't think of him
> > until I had my morning r.f.c

> Aha you are freeeeeeeeeeeee)

Yeah, but now she has me thinking about an English muffin. Curses!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:15:29 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>> > the Ghost of Andy has tormented me long enough - this morning I made
>> > an English Muffin breakfast sandwich and ironically didn't think of him
>> > until I had my morning r.f.c

>> Aha you are freeeeeeeeeeeee)

> Yeah, but now she has me thinking about an English muffin. Curses!

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>> the Ghost of Andy has tormented me long enough - this morning I made
>> an English Muffin breakfast sandwich and ironically didn't think of him
>> until I had my morning r.f.c

> Aha you are freeeeeeeeeeeee)

actually no I bit my cheek

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>>> the Ghost of Andy has tormented me long enough - this morning I made
>>> an English Muffin breakfast sandwich and ironically didn't think of him
>>> until I had my morning r.f.c

>> Aha you are freeeeeeeeeeeee)

> actually no I bit my cheek

ouch ouch ouch ... umm... why did you do that

runssssssssssssss
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2013 6:06 AM, tert in seattle wrote:
> the Ghost of Andy has tormented me long enough - this morning I made
> an English Muffin breakfast sandwich and ironically didn't think of him
> until I had my morning r.f.c

I too, have been hexed and vexed. I used to be able to make mayo with
impunity then one day, I could no longer get my mayo to set. Obviously
there's a gypsy that feels I have slighted her. OTHO, as far as curses
goes, it could be worse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 18, 2013 1:32:24 PM UTC-7, l not -l wrote:
> On 18-Oct-2013, sf > wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:15:29 +0100, "Ophelia" >

> > wrote:

> > > Aha you are freeeeeeeeeeeee)

> > Yeah, but now she has me thinking about an English muffin. Curses!

> And now, you have me thinking of a tall glass of ice cold milk. 8-)
>
> --
>
> Change Cujo to Juno in email address.
>

> Bad decisions make good stories.

Better than a Bud Light!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:31:26 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:15:29 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>> Aha you are freeeeeeeeeeeee)

>> Yeah, but now she has me thinking about an English muffin. Curses!

> Congrats tert - You finally got that sex change!

on the Internet, no one knows you're in drag

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 18, 2013 4:20:47 PM UTC-5, merryb wrote:
> On Friday, October 18, 2013 1:32:24 PM UTC-7, l not -l wrote:
>
> > On 18-Oct-2013, sf > wrote:

> > > Yeah, but now she has me thinking about an English muffin. Curses!

> > And now, you have me thinking of a tall glass of ice cold milk. 8-)

Skim milk.

> Better than a Bud Light!

Better than a Bud Light with a Flintstones chewable vitamin. People don't quit having been assholes with crappy tastes just because they die.

--Bryan HLGBTIQ sex+ O|O

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:31:26 -0700, sf wrote:

>>> Yeah, but now she has me thinking about an English muffin. Curses!

>> Congrats tert - You finally got that sex change!

> on the Internet, no one knows you're in drag

roflmoooo

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 19/10/13 3:31 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:15:29 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>>> the Ghost of Andy has tormented me long enough - this morning I made
>>> an English Muffin breakfast sandwich and ironically didn't think of him
>>> until I had my morning r.f.c

>> Aha you are freeeeeeeeeeeee)

> Yeah, but now she has me thinking about an English muffin. Curses!

Grew up on English muffins. Haven't had one since I left home at about
age 21. That was 40 years ago and I haven't missed them since.

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Xeno Lith wrote:

> Grew up on English muffins. Haven't had one since I left home at about
> age 21. That was 40 years ago and I haven't missed them since.

I like them occasionally, toasted with just butter and sometimes some
jam on them. Only buy a package of 6 maybe once or twice a year
though.

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Xeno Lithp wrote:
>> "tert in seattle" wrote:
>>
>>> the Ghost of Andy has tormented me long enough - this morning I made
>>> an English Muffin breakfast sandwich and ironically didn't think of him
>>> until I had my morning r.f.c

>> Yeah, but now she has me thinking about an English muffin. Curses!
>>

>Grew up on English muffins.

Isn't English muffin a euphemism for an Aussie faggot... and you got
the name to prove it, Lithp. LOL-LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 23:32:09 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:
>

> > Sqwertz wrote:

> >> Congrats tert - You finally got that sex change!

> > on the Internet, no one knows you're in drag

> Right on Brother! errr....Sister - Whatever!

There is something new to add to "LGBT", Steve....it's "Q" for "questioning"...so now we have the sexual potpourri of "LGBTQ",,,plus of course "heterosexual"...

--
Best
Greg <<<--- "Queer but not 'questioning'..."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 08:24:35 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Xeno Lith wrote:
>>
>> Grew up on English muffins. Haven't had one since I left home at about
>> age 21. That was 40 years ago and I haven't missed them since.

>I like them occasionally, toasted with just butter and sometimes some
>jam on them. Only buy a package of 6 maybe once or twice a year
>though.
>
>Gary

We have them when on sale as a change of pace from other breads.
Usually a Sunday breakfast thing. I butter one half to eat with my
egg, the other half gets butter and Trappist brand strawberry
preserves as the "dessert course" with my tea.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:53:28 AM UTC-5, Gregory Morrow wrote:
> Steve wrote:

> > > on the Internet, no one knows you're in drag

> > Right on Brother! errr....Sister - Whatever!

> There is something new to add to "LGBT", Steve....it's "Q" for "questioning"...so now we have the sexual potpourri of "LGBTQ",,,plus of course "heterosexual"...

You left out the "I" for intersex. See my sig.

> --
>
> Best
>
> Greg <<<--- "Queer but not 'questioning'..."

--Bryan HLGBTIQ sex+ O|O
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:53:28 AM UTC-7, Gregory Morrow wrote:

> There is something new to add to "LGBT", Steve....it's "Q" for "questioning"...so now we have the sexual potpourri of "LGBTQ",,,plus of course "heterosexual"...
>

> Best
>
> Greg <<<--- "Queer but not 'questioning'..."

Reminds me of my innocent mother-in-law. She was interested in what I did, which involved a certain amount of arguing with nitwits. When the outcome
did not make sense to her, she would often say "That's queer," in the
totally literal sense of the word.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:13:25 AM UTC-7, Xeno Lith wrote:
> On 19/10/13 3:31 AM, sf wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:15:29 +0100, "Ophelia" >

> > wrote:

> >> Aha you are freeeeeeeeeeeee)

> > Yeah, but now she has me thinking about an English muffin. Curses!

> Grew up on English muffins. Haven't had one since I left home at about
> age 21. That was 40 years ago and I haven't missed them since.

The English muffin is neither English, nor a muffin.

Discuss.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:53:28 AM UTC-7, Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
>> There is something new to add to "LGBT", Steve....it's "Q" for
>> "questioning"...so now we have the sexual potpourri of "LGBTQ",,,plus of
>> course "heterosexual"...
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Greg <<<--- "Queer but not 'questioning'..."

> Reminds me of my innocent mother-in-law. She was interested in what I did,
> which involved a certain amount of arguing with nitwits. When the outcome
> did not make sense to her, she would often say "That's queer," in the
> totally literal sense of the word.

That's a perfectly acceptable term for odd things.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:53:28 AM UTC-7, Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
>> There is something new to add to "LGBT", Steve....it's "Q" for
>> "questioning"...so now we have the sexual potpourri of "LGBTQ",,,plus of
>> course "heterosexual"...
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Greg <<<--- "Queer but not 'questioning'..."

> Reminds me of my innocent mother-in-law. She was interested in what I did,
> which involved a certain amount of arguing with nitwits. When the outcome
> did not make sense to her, she would often say "That's queer," in the
> totally literal sense of the word.

I am of an era in which 'queer' meant odd. Used to use '***' to

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:57:00 -0700 (PDT),
>> wrote:

>>> The English muffin is neither English, nor a muffin.
>>>
>>> Discuss.

>> That's what they are called here. Discuss.

> Here, they are muffins and those cake things a new idea

I can't remember the last time I had an English Muffin. I mainly got them
to make little pizza with which nobody in this house liked. My husband
loves pizza but not made on an English muffin. Mainly the appeal to me was
that they could be had at times for cheap. And then there was the time when
we went to the bread outlet and I left with a huge bag full of them for
free! Oh the pizzas I made with those! Heh. I also liked doing a tuna
melt on them but nobody would eat those but me.

But to just eat one toasted? Um... Bleh. I think I am a toast snob. I am
already worrying about today's toast. My favorite bread expired and yes it
does expire in that it will go moldy, usually the day after the date on the
sticker. I found some bakery bread that had nothing in it that I can't eat
so I bought that. But it likely won't be the same. That honey whole wheat
just toasts up like a dream! I don't like it for sandwiches unless they are
toasted/grilled ones. It's really moist right out of the bag, which is
probably why it goes moldy easily. But... Toasted? Yum!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:26:23 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> > wrote in message
> > On Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:53:28 AM UTC-7, Gregory Morrow wrote:
> >
> >> There is something new to add to "LGBT", Steve....it's "Q" for
> >> "questioning"...so now we have the sexual potpourri of "LGBTQ",,,plus of
> >> course "heterosexual"...
> >>

> >> Best
> >>
> >> Greg <<<--- "Queer but not 'questioning'..."

> > Reminds me of my innocent mother-in-law. She was interested in what I did,
> > which involved a certain amount of arguing with nitwits. When the outcome
> > did not make sense to her, she would often say "That's queer," in the
> > totally literal sense of the word.

> I am of an era in which 'queer' meant odd. Used to use '***' to

I *know* what you mean!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:27:13 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message

>> > That's what they are called here. Discuss.

>> Here, they are muffins and those cake things a new idea

> I thought they were called fairy cakes over your way!

Hmm not quite the same thing

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

>> I thought they were called fairy cakes over your way!

> Hmm not quite the same thing

Here you go, something to read while you have your coffee)

http://www.hotcourses.com/study-guid...studyguide.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GADSwBN89X4

http://eugeniekitchen.com/cupcakes-vs-muffins/

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:23:45 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:27:13 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> > wrote:

> >> Here, they are muffins and those cake things a new idea

> > I thought they were called fairy cakes over your way!

> Hmm not quite the same thing

They're close enough.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:23:45 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message

>> > I thought they were called fairy cakes over your way!

>> Hmm not quite the same thing

> They're close enough.

Yes sf. I take it you read nothing of what I posted. Not to worry.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:24:11 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:23:45 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message

>> > I thought they were called fairy cakes over your way!

>> Hmm not quite the same thing

>They're close enough.

Not that close. Muffins are denser and usually contain fruit or other
flavourings, and are usually quite large.

Fairy cakes are small light cupcakes, often decorated by taking the
tops off, filling with jam and cream, cutting the top in half and
poking them back in the cream like wings.

JB
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 22:47:50 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:23:45 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> > wrote:

> >> Hmm not quite the same thing

> > They're close enough.

> Yes sf. I take it you read nothing of what I posted. Not to worry.

I read it before I posted and yet I still don't see the BFD.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:49:45 +0800, JBurns >
wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:24:11 -0700, sf > wrote:
>

> Fairy cakes are small light cupcakes, often decorated by taking the
> tops off, filling with jam and cream, cutting the top in half and
> poking them back in the cream like wings.

I "get it" and I don't agree that they are vastly different.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:49:45 +0800, JBurns >
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:24:11 -0700, sf > wrote:
>>

>> Fairy cakes are small light cupcakes, often decorated by taking the
>> tops off, filling with jam and cream, cutting the top in half and
>> poking them back in the cream like wings.
>>

> I "get it" and I don't agree that they are vastly different.

Depends on your 'taste' I suspect.
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 21, 2013 9:18:32 PM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:57:00 -0700 (PDT),
>

> > The English muffin is neither English, nor a muffin.

> > Discuss.

> I think "Discuss" is pretty much one of the rudest word you can say on
> polite Usenet. Especially when it's proceeded by such obvious troll
> bait by a regular.
>
> This is not an essay test nor is it a way to get your condescending
> jollies off on what we make of the rest of the thread as if we're your
> students.

You don't remember Cawfee Tawk, with Linda Richman? Have you heard of Saturday
Night Live?

Linda would frequently become overwhelmed, and would ask the audience to tawk among themselves. From wikip:

"The Partridge Family were neither partridges, nor a family. Discuss."
"Milli Vanilli is neither a Milli or a Vanilli. Discuss."
"Palmolive – it's neither palm, nor olive. Discuss."
"Grape-Nuts – it contains neither grapes, nor nuts. Discuss."
"The Civil War was neither civil nor a war. Discuss."
"The radical reconstruction of the South after the Civil War was neither radical nor a reconstruction. Discuss."
"The Holy Roman Empire was neither holy nor Roman nor an empire. Discuss." (This quote is based on a famous comment by Voltaire.)
"The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut. Discuss."
"Ralph Fiennes is spelled neither rafe nor fines. Discuss."
"Duran Duran is neither a Duran nor a Duran. Discuss."
"Rhode Island is neither a road nor is it an island. Discuss."
"The Thighmaster is neither a thigh nor a master. Discuss."
"The Progressive Era was neither progressive nor an era. Discuss."
"Did Truman drop the bomb on the Japanese to end the war or to scare the hell out of the Russians? Discuss."
"The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is neither Mormon nor a tabernacle nor a choir. Discuss."
"The New Deal was neither new nor was it a deal. Discuss."
"The chickpea is neither a chick nor a pea. Discuss."
"Transitional Romanesque architecture was neither transitional nor Romanesque. Discuss."
"The internal combustion engine was neither internal nor combustion. Discuss."
"The jelly bean is neither made of jelly nor is it a bean. Discuss."
"The Italian neo realist movement in film was neither Italian nor neo nor particuarly a movement. Discuss"

> ObFood: Ham and racelette cheese, microwaved (1:00@50%), then slapped
> on cheap fluffy White bread with Dijon mustard and Heinz mayo.
>
> Discuss if you care to but I couldn't give a shit either way.

I would suggest a dense wheat bread for this. Trader Joe's discontinued its pain Pascal, in demi-boules, and replaced it with a similar pain Pauline.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:05:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Monday, October 21, 2013 9:18:32 PM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:57:00 -0700 (PDT),

> > > The English muffin is neither English, nor a muffin.

> > > Discuss.

> > I think "Discuss" is pretty much one of the rudest word you can say on

> > polite Usenet. Especially when it's proceeded by such obvious troll

> > bait by a regular.

> > This is not an essay test nor is it a way to get your condescending

> > jollies off on what we make of the rest of the thread as if we're your

> > students.

> You don't remember Cawfee Tawk, with Linda Richman? Have you heard of Saturday
>
> Night Live?
>

> Linda would frequently become overwhelmed, and would ask the audience to tawk among themselves. From wikip:
>

> "The Partridge Family were neither partridges, nor a family. Discuss."
>
> "Milli Vanilli is neither a Milli or a Vanilli. Discuss."
>
> "Palmolive – it's neither palm, nor olive. Discuss."
>
> "Grape-Nuts – it contains neither grapes, nor nuts. Discuss."
>
> "The Civil War was neither civil nor a war. Discuss."
>
> "The radical reconstruction of the South after the Civil War was neither radical nor a reconstruction. Discuss."
>
> "The Holy Roman Empire was neither holy nor Roman nor an empire. Discuss." (This quote is based on a famous comment by Voltaire.)
>
> "The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut. Discuss."
>
> "Ralph Fiennes is spelled neither rafe nor fines. Discuss."
>
> "Duran Duran is neither a Duran nor a Duran. Discuss."
>
> "Rhode Island is neither a road nor is it an island. Discuss."
>
> "The Thighmaster is neither a thigh nor a master. Discuss."
>
> "The Progressive Era was neither progressive nor an era. Discuss."
>
> "Did Truman drop the bomb on the Japanese to end the war or to scare the hell out of the Russians? Discuss."
>
> "The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is neither Mormon nor a tabernacle nor a choir. Discuss."
>
> "The New Deal was neither new nor was it a deal. Discuss."
>
> "The chickpea is neither a chick nor a pea. Discuss."
>
> "Transitional Romanesque architecture was neither transitional nor Romanesque. Discuss."
>
> "The internal combustion engine was neither internal nor combustion. Discuss."
>
> "The jelly bean is neither made of jelly nor is it a bean. Discuss."
>
> "The Italian neo realist movement in film was neither Italian nor neo nor particuarly a movement. Discuss"
>

> > ObFood: Ham and racelette cheese, microwaved (1:00@50%), then slapped

> > on cheap fluffy White bread with Dijon mustard and Heinz mayo.

Sweet peas are not sweet, and they don't produce peas.

--Bryan sex+ O|O

Have the laws of physics been suspended in my oven??? Pete C. General Cooking 11 16-01-2011 02:40 PM
The curse of 7 John T Wine 0 12-04-2008 08:31 AM
Temporarily usenet-handicapped Kajikit General Cooking 26 04-05-2007 10:40 PM
Another NYC Deli Closes, At Least Temporarily Margaret Suran General Cooking 18 08-06-2006 12:12 AM
Gotta Go (Temporarily) Katra General Cooking 2 26-01-2004 10:48 PM