General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-09-2013, 01:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,587
Default Cutlery and More's MIU conical burr coffee bean grinder arrived!

On 2013-09-26, mawil1013 wrote:

Here are pics of the conical grinding plates.


Those are not conical burrs, they're what's known as flat burrs. Not
a bad thing. Some of the best grinders on the mkt use flat burrs. As
long as they're not plastic burrs, like some low-end grinders, you
should be OK. If you cannot get expresso grind from that grinder with
a single pass, you were screwed and should return it.

If yer serious about good coffee, you'll roast yer own:

http://www.sweetmarias.com/index.php

If you do roast yer own, green beans are half the cost of roasted
beans. EXCEPT for Whole Foods, which will charge you full price for
green beans, the greedy bums.

nb

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-09-2013, 10:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 57
Default Cutlery and More's MIU conical burr coffee bean grinder arrived!

On 9/26/2013 8:15 AM, notbob wrote:
On 2013-09-26, mawil1013 wrote:

Here are pics of the conical grinding plates.


Those are not conical burrs, they're what's known as flat burrs. Not
a bad thing. Some of the best grinders on the mkt use flat burrs. As
long as they're not plastic burrs, like some low-end grinders, you
should be OK. If you cannot get expresso grind from that grinder with
a single pass, you were screwed and should return it.

If yer serious about good coffee, you'll roast yer own:

http://www.sweetmarias.com/index.php

If you do roast yer own, green beans are half the cost of roasted
beans. EXCEPT for Whole Foods, which will charge you full price for
green beans, the greedy bums.

nb

Some day I might roast, one step at a time...
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-09-2013, 02:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 18,814
Default Cutlery and More's MIU conical burr coffee bean grinder arrived!

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:18:23 -0400, mawil1013 wrote:

On 9/26/2013 8:15 AM, notbob wrote:
On 2013-09-26, mawil1013 wrote:

Here are pics of the conical grinding plates.


Those are not conical burrs, they're what's known as flat burrs. Not
a bad thing. Some of the best grinders on the mkt use flat burrs. As
long as they're not plastic burrs, like some low-end grinders, you
should be OK. If you cannot get expresso grind from that grinder with
a single pass, you were screwed and should return it.

If yer serious about good coffee, you'll roast yer own:

http://www.sweetmarias.com/index.php

If you do roast yer own, green beans are half the cost of roasted
beans. EXCEPT for Whole Foods, which will charge you full price for
green beans, the greedy bums.

nb

Some day I might roast, one step at a time...


I used to own my own coffee business. In recent years coffee has
evolved into a cult. Individuals are spending (actually wasting) lots
of money on beans, and equipment. The coffee bean emporiums know less
about coffee then you... they're small volume buyers who get the
dregs. You are far better off buying the big brand name coffees
because of the large volume they purchase they get first pick of the
best of the crop. Walmart buys more coffee than all the others
combined (indeed they do), they have the very best coffee, and sell to
consumers at the lowest prices. I used to be heavy into roasting and
grinding... no more, Walmart coffee is better than any other because
they get first pick, coffee is a crop after all, no different from any
other crop. Walmart buys coffee beans like Heinz buys tomatoes.
You can't have better coffee unless you grow your own and maybe not
even then... read he reviews:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Valu....9-oz/16004731
My coffee mill is now in storage.
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-09-2013, 04:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 23,520
Default Cutlery and More's MIU conical burr coffee bean grinder arrived!

Brooklyn1 wrote:

I used to own my own coffee business.


Yeah, right! splat!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Valu....9-oz/16004731


Well Sheldon...you have mentioned this coffee many times before and I
will trust you. I'm going to buy a can tomorrow morning.

I do LOVE Walmart but it's just too far away for me to bother with.
Tomorrow will be only the 3rd or 4th time I've been there in the last
5.5 years. I'm spoiled...most of my stores are only a mile or so away
and Walmart is 9 miles each way.....long distance traveling to me.

I have a few things from there that I want to get. I've been putting
it off for too long but tomorrow morning I will be there before the
sun comes up. I love that they are open here 24/7. I'll get there no
later than 5-5:30 then be back in my area to stop by the grocery store
that opens by 6am.

G.
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-09-2013, 08:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 18,814
Default Cutlery and More's MIU conical burr coffee bean grinder arrived!

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:15:18 -0400, Gary wrote:

Brooklyn1 wrote:

I used to own my own coffee business.


Yeah, right! splat!


I did indeed own my own coffee business... when ADCs first came out
and were only for lease, not for sale... posted about it often here. I
made a lot of money selling coffee to my ADC leasees.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Valu....9-oz/16004731


Well Sheldon...you have mentioned this coffee many times before and I
will trust you. I'm going to buy a can tomorrow morning.

I do LOVE Walmart but it's just too far away for me to bother with.
Tomorrow will be only the 3rd or 4th time I've been there in the last
5.5 years. I'm spoiled...most of my stores are only a mile or so away
and Walmart is 9 miles each way.....long distance traveling to me.

I have a few things from there that I want to get. I've been putting
it off for too long but tomorrow morning I will be there before the
sun comes up. I love that they are open here 24/7. I'll get there no
later than 5-5:30 then be back in my area to stop by the grocery store
that opens by 6am.

G.



  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 28-09-2013, 12:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 171
Default Cutlery and More's MIU conical burr coffee bean grinder arrived!

Brooklyn1 wrote:

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:15:18 -0400, Gary wrote:



Brooklyn1 wrote:




I used to own my own coffee business.




Yeah, right! splat!




I did indeed own my own coffee business... when ADCs first came out

and were only for lease, not for sale... posted about it often here. I

made a lot of money selling coffee to my ADC leasees.



And coffee is less greazy than Chicken Dee-Lite...


--
Best
Greg

  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 28-09-2013, 01:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 18,814
Default Cutlery and More's MIU conical burr coffee bean grinder arrived!

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:01:08 -0700 (PDT), Gregory Morrow
wrote:

Brooklyn1 wrote:

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:15:18 -0400, Gary wrote:



Brooklyn1 wrote:




I used to own my own coffee business.




Yeah, right! splat!




I did indeed own my own coffee business... when ADCs first came out

and were only for lease, not for sale... posted about it often here. I

made a lot of money selling coffee to my ADC leasees.



And coffee is less greazy than Chicken Dee-Lite...


I worked for Chicken Delight too... in Brooklyn's Fort Green Market,
in ancient times, before the pyramids, before there was dirt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Delight
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-09-2013, 09:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 171
Default Cutlery and More's MIU conical burr coffee bean grinder arrived!

Sheldon wrote:

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:01:08 -0700 (PDT), Gregory Morrow

wrote:



Brooklyn1 wrote:




On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:15:18 -0400, Gary wrote:








Brooklyn1 wrote:








I used to own my own coffee business.








Yeah, right! splat!








I did indeed own my own coffee business... when ADCs first came out




and were only for lease, not for sale... posted about it often here. I




made a lot of money selling coffee to my ADC leasees.






And coffee is less greazy than Chicken Dee-Lite...




I worked for Chicken Delight too... in Brooklyn's Fort Green Market,

in ancient times, before the pyramids, before there was dirt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Delight



Interestingly, their HQ back in the day was IIRC in Rock Island IL, a few miles from where I was a-borned...


--
Best
Greg


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cutlery and More's MIU conical burr coffee bean grinder arrived! mawil1013 General Cooking 34 17-10-2013 06:59 PM
Cutlery and More's MIU conical burr coffee bean grinder arrived! mawil1013 General Cooking 1 26-09-2013 12:29 PM
?? Breville conical burr grinder?? Kent Coffee 0 13-06-2007 05:14 AM
Breville conical burr coffee grinder Kent Coffee 0 10-06-2007 05:16 PM
Burr coffee grinder Kent H. Cooking Equipment 8 10-10-2003 03:38 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017