Old 18-09-2013, 08:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Whatever Happened To......

....blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???

Fill me in, kids...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Old 18-09-2013, 08:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:21:34 -0700 (PDT), Gregory Morrow wrote:

...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???

Fill me in, kids...!!!

All driven off by Spin and Marty.
Old 18-09-2013, 09:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message
...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???

Fill me in, kids...!!!

Ahh.. Blake died and cybercat left. I believe Sheryl in on facebook
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 18-09-2013, 10:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:39:58 PM UTC-8, l not -l wrote:

Greg Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can tell, just faded away for lack of interest.

-- Change Cujo to Juno in email address. Bad decisions make good stories.

I hadn't heard that it had been confirmed that Andy had passed on? He was here when I first started posting in this group and always did the breakfast threads, I believe?

Judy

Old 19-09-2013, 12:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message

...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???

Fill me in, kids...!!!

Ahh.. Blake died and cybercat left. I believe Sheryl in on facebook

Oh, I *so* regret blake's passing, he was a "wise guy" - and I mean that in the *best* sense of the word...

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Old 19-09-2013, 02:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:44:37 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

Andy - are you out there? Maybe we could hire Julie's psychic pet
detective.

-sw

What did you do to Omelet, woman-stalker?
Old 19-09-2013, 04:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message
On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:39:58 PM UTC-8, l not -l wrote:

Greg Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can
tell, just faded away for lack of interest.

-- Change Cujo to Juno in email address. Bad decisions make good stories.

I hadn't heard that it had been confirmed that Andy had passed on? He was
here when I first started posting in this group and always did the
breakfast threads, I believe?

Judy

Sadly, it was confirmed.

Old 19-09-2013, 05:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:18:04 PM UTC-7, Gregory Morrow wrote:
Ophelia wrote:

Ahh.. Blake died and cybercat left. I believe Sheryl in on facebook

Oh, I *so* regret blake's passing, he was a "wise guy" - and I mean that in the *best* sense of the word...

:-)

Even I was his pal, a couple of times.
Old 19-09-2013, 06:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:39:58 GMT, "l not -l" wrote:

On 18-Sep-2013, Gregory Morrow wrote:

...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???

Fill me in, kids...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can tell,
just faded away for lack of interest.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out cybercat is here under a new nym.
Sheryl is on FB.

Old 19-09-2013, 09:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message

...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???

Fill me in, kids...!!!

Ahh.. Blake died and cybercat left. I believe Sheryl in on facebook

Oh, I *so* regret blake's passing, he was a "wise guy" - and I mean that
in the *best* sense of the word...

I liked him a lot and we used to mail sometimes. Cybercat was very fond of
him and when he died she left I miss them both

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 19-09-2013, 09:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:39:58 GMT, "l not -l" wrote:

On 18-Sep-2013, Gregory Morrow wrote:

...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???

Fill me in, kids...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can tell,
just faded away for lack of interest.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out cybercat is here under a new nym.
Sheryl is on FB.

No, she would tell me. We used to be in contact a lot.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 19-09-2013, 03:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

wrote in message
On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:39:58 PM UTC-8, l not -l wrote:

Greg Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can
tell, just faded away for lack of interest.

-- Change Cujo to Juno in email address. Bad decisions make good stories.

I hadn't heard that it had been confirmed that Andy had passed on? He was
here when I first started posting in this group and always did the
breakfast threads, I believe?

Judy

Sadly, it was confirmed.

His house recently sold for far less thanthe original asking price. It had
mold and was in disrepair. :-(

Old 19-09-2013, 04:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:29:52 PM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:

Sadly, it was confirmed.

That must have been during the 3 months (or so) that I was not able to post in any of the usenet groups. Does anyone know the cause of death? It must have been sudden, as all of a sudden there was no more breakfast threads started by him, and then the others in here were wondering why he left so suddenly and was doing all kinds of speculating, but never heard that he actually did pass away, so must have been something that took him quickly? I have no idea how old he would have been, but I always thought of him as being a younger fellow, but perhaps not? I rather enjoyed his posts.

I didn't know Blake very well, but know there were others that were posting here regularly two or three years ago, when I first discovered the group, and never see their names anymore.

Judy

Old 19-09-2013, 05:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2013 10:12 AM, bhigh wrote:

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

wrote in message
On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:39:58 PM UTC-8, l not -l wrote:

Greg Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can
tell, just faded away for lack of interest.

-- Change Cujo to Juno in email address. Bad decisions make good stories.

I hadn't heard that it had been confirmed that Andy had passed on? He
was here when I first started posting in this group and always did the
breakfast threads, I believe?

Judy

Sadly, it was confirmed.

His house recently sold for far less than the original asking price. It
had mold and was in disrepair. :-(

For all his cheerful, albeit odd, breakfast posts, Andy was at heart a
sad person. I don't know for sure but I suspect he was bipolar.

I felt bad having to rebuke him publicly for calling me all the time.
But he ignored private email requests in which I asked him to stop
calling. If I happened to be out he would leave sad-sack messages,
"Guess you don't want to talk to me, I won't call again". Of course he
did call again, usually within the next hour. In his mind he dreamed up
a "relationship" between us which didn't exist.

I'll talk to anyone from RFC who wants to call me *occasionally*. I'll
even call you back if you leave me a message. But don't call me four or
five times a day.

One night he called in the wee hours of the morning, 1AM and again at
5AM. Sorry, but at those hours it had better be a freakin' emergency!
So, since he wasn't hearing me, I addressed the issue here.

He went off the deep-end, called me a bitch. He said but you called me
back! Yes, I did. Someone leaves me a message, it's polite to call
them back. It means nothing more than that.

I posted about it here, he called me bitch. Hey, what else could I do?
He ignored my requests to stop calling me all day long. Then suddenly
he was all peaches and cream again, "smootches" and all that.

I don't wish anyone dead, but Andy Burns was definitely battling with
some personal demons.

Jill

what happened Pete Whitehead Diabetic 2 27-11-2009 05:08 AM
Whatever happened to... Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 65 12-12-2004 04:12 PM
Ok - what happened! Cheryl Isaak Wine 1 06-12-2004 07:26 PM
Whatever happened to BigDog Barbecue 17 12-11-2004 11:27 PM
Hey SF What happened to your boy? The Wolf General Cooking 40 12-10-2003 01:15 AM