Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Whatever Happened To......

....blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???

Fill me in, kids...!!!

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:21:34 -0700 (PDT), Gregory Morrow wrote:

> ...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???
>
> Fill me in, kids...!!!

All driven off by Spin and Marty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> ...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???
>
> Fill me in, kids...!!!

Ahh.. Blake died and cybercat left. I believe Sheryl in on facebook
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:39:58 PM UTC-8, l not -l wrote:

Greg Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can tell, just faded away for lack of interest.

-- Change Cujo to Juno in email address. Bad decisions make good stories.

I hadn't heard that it had been confirmed that Andy had passed on? He was here when I first started posting in this group and always did the breakfast threads, I believe?

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message

> > ...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???

> > Fill me in, kids...!!!

> Ahh.. Blake died and cybercat left. I believe Sheryl in on facebook

Oh, I *so* regret blake's passing, he was a "wise guy" - and I mean that in the *best* sense of the word...

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:44:37 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> Andy - are you out there? Maybe we could hire Julie's psychic pet
> detective.
>
> -sw

What did you do to Omelet, woman-stalker?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:39:58 PM UTC-8, l not -l wrote:
>
> Greg Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can
> tell, just faded away for lack of interest.
>
> -- Change Cujo to Juno in email address. Bad decisions make good stories.
>
> I hadn't heard that it had been confirmed that Andy had passed on? He was
> here when I first started posting in this group and always did the
> breakfast threads, I believe?
>
> Judy

Sadly, it was confirmed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:18:04 PM UTC-7, Gregory Morrow wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
>

> > Ahh.. Blake died and cybercat left. I believe Sheryl in on facebook

> Oh, I *so* regret blake's passing, he was a "wise guy" - and I mean that in the *best* sense of the word...
>
> :-)

Even I was his pal, a couple of times.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:39:58 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

> On 18-Sep-2013, Gregory Morrow > wrote:

> > ...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???
> >
> > Fill me in, kids...!!!
> >

> > --
> > Best
> > Greg

> Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can tell,
> just faded away for lack of interest.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out cybercat is here under a new nym.
Sheryl is on FB.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:
>
>> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message

>> > ...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???

>> > Fill me in, kids...!!!

>> Ahh.. Blake died and cybercat left. I believe Sheryl in on facebook

> Oh, I *so* regret blake's passing, he was a "wise guy" - and I mean that
> in the *best* sense of the word...

I liked him a lot and we used to mail sometimes. Cybercat was very fond of
him and when he died she left I miss them both

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:39:58 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:
>

>> On 18-Sep-2013, Gregory Morrow > wrote:

>> > ...blake, the cybercat, Sheryl Rosen,,,???
>> >
>> > Fill me in, kids...!!!
>> >

>> > --
>> > Best
>> > Greg

>> Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can tell,
>> just faded away for lack of interest.

> I wouldn't be surprised to find out cybercat is here under a new nym.
> Sheryl is on FB.

No, she would tell me. We used to be in contact a lot.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

> wrote in message
> On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:39:58 PM UTC-8, l not -l wrote:
>
> Greg Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can
> tell, just faded away for lack of interest.
>
> -- Change Cujo to Juno in email address. Bad decisions make good stories.
>
> I hadn't heard that it had been confirmed that Andy had passed on? He was
> here when I first started posting in this group and always did the
> breakfast threads, I believe?
>
> Judy

>Sadly, it was confirmed.

His house recently sold for far less thanthe original asking price. It had
mold and was in disrepair. :-(

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:29:52 PM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:

Sadly, it was confirmed.

That must have been during the 3 months (or so) that I was not able to post in any of the usenet groups. Does anyone know the cause of death? It must have been sudden, as all of a sudden there was no more breakfast threads started by him, and then the others in here were wondering why he left so suddenly and was doing all kinds of speculating, but never heard that he actually did pass away, so must have been something that took him quickly? I have no idea how old he would have been, but I always thought of him as being a younger fellow, but perhaps not? I rather enjoyed his posts.

I didn't know Blake very well, but know there were others that were posting here regularly two or three years ago, when I first discovered the group, and never see their names anymore.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2013 10:12 AM, bhigh wrote:

> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> > wrote in message
>> On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:39:58 PM UTC-8, l not -l wrote:
>>
>> Greg Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can
>> tell, just faded away for lack of interest.
>>
>> -- Change Cujo to Juno in email address. Bad decisions make good stories.
>>
>> I hadn't heard that it had been confirmed that Andy had passed on? He
>> was here when I first started posting in this group and always did the
>> breakfast threads, I believe?
>>
>> Judy

>> Sadly, it was confirmed.

> His house recently sold for far less than the original asking price. It
> had mold and was in disrepair. :-(

For all his cheerful, albeit odd, breakfast posts, Andy was at heart a
sad person. I don't know for sure but I suspect he was bipolar.

I felt bad having to rebuke him publicly for calling me all the time.
But he ignored private email requests in which I asked him to stop
calling. If I happened to be out he would leave sad-sack messages,
"Guess you don't want to talk to me, I won't call again". Of course he
did call again, usually within the next hour. In his mind he dreamed up
a "relationship" between us which didn't exist.

I'll talk to anyone from RFC who wants to call me *occasionally*. I'll
even call you back if you leave me a message. But don't call me four or
five times a day.

One night he called in the wee hours of the morning, 1AM and again at
5AM. Sorry, but at those hours it had better be a freakin' emergency!
So, since he wasn't hearing me, I addressed the issue here.

He went off the deep-end, called me a bitch. He said but you called me
back! Yes, I did. Someone leaves me a message, it's polite to call
them back. It means nothing more than that.

I posted about it here, he called me bitch. Hey, what else could I do?
He ignored my requests to stop calling me all day long. Then suddenly
he was all peaches and cream again, "smootches" and all that.

I don't wish anyone dead, but Andy Burns was definitely battling with
some personal demons.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:17:44 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> Look like hell from the outside. The realtor photos don't exactly do
> it any justice.

Why are you stalking a dead man's estate?

Are you a totally sick *******?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2013 12:17 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:12:54 -0400, bhigh wrote:
>
>> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:39:58 PM UTC-8, l not -l wrote:
>>>
>>> Greg Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can
>>> tell, just faded away for lack of interest.
>>>
>>> -- Change Cujo to Juno in email address. Bad decisions make good stories.
>>>
>>> I hadn't heard that it had been confirmed that Andy had passed on? He was
>>> here when I first started posting in this group and always did the
>>> breakfast threads, I believe?
>>>
>>> Judy

>>> Sadly, it was confirmed.

>> His house recently sold for far less thanthe original asking price. It had
>> mold and was in disrepair. :-(

> Yeah, it looks like they were asking $295K and got $175K. Andy was a
> hoarder, for one. Not so much of things of any value, just trash.
> That's why he kept having to have dumpsters brought out to the house.
> I'm pretty sure social services were involved.

I forgot about the dumpster posts. He did mention dumpsters a lot in 2012.

> Look like hell from the outside. The realtor photos don't exactly do
> it any justice.
>
> http://www.redfin.com/PA/Media/240-F.../home/39133742
>
> -sw

I truly believe he was mentally ill.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:58:23 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

>> Yeah, it looks like they were asking $295K and got $175K. Andy was a
>> hoarder, for one. Not so much of things of any value, just trash.
>> That's why he kept having to have dumpsters brought out to the house.
>> I'm pretty sure social services were involved.
>>

> I forgot about the dumpster posts. He did mention dumpsters a lot in 2012.
>
>> Look like hell from the outside. The realtor photos don't exactly do
>> it any justice.
>>
>> http://www.redfin.com/PA/Media/240-F.../home/39133742
>>
>> -sw
>>

> I truly believe he was mentally ill.
>
> Jill

That's truly sick, you two are stalking a dead person now, pure insanity
defined!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:00:26 AM UTC-8, jmcquown wrote:

His house recently sold for far less than the original asking price. It > had mold and was in disrepair. :-( For all his cheerful, albeit odd, breakfast posts, Andy was at heart a sad person. I don't know for sure but I suspect he was bipolar. I felt bad having to rebuke him publicly for calling me all the time. But he ignored private email requests in which I asked him to stop calling. If I happened to be out he would leave sad-sack messages, "Guess you don't want to talk to me, I won't call again". Of course he did call again, usually within the next hour. In his mind he dreamed up a "relationship" between us which didn't exist. I'll talk to anyone from RFC who wants to call me *occasionally*. I'll even call you back if you leave me a message. But don't call me four or five times a day. One night he called in the wee hours of the morning, 1AM and again at 5AM. Sorry, but at those hours it had better be a freakin' emergency! So, since he wasn't hearing me, I addressed the issue here. He went off the deep-end, called me a bitch. He said but you called me back! Yes, I did. Someone leaves me a message, it's polite to call them back. It means nothing more than that. I posted about it here, he called me bitch. Hey, what else could I do? He ignored my requests to stop calling me all day long. Then suddenly he was all peaches and cream again, "smootches" and all that. I don't wish anyone dead, but Andy Burns was definitely battling with some personal demons.

Jill

I do remember something about phone calls he had been making to you and you and him having "words" in here, but I wasn't sure what the whole story was.. Maybe he was just very lonely, and had an over-active imagination, which included you. Is hard to say. He seemed like a nice enough fellow. I have no idea what age bracket he was in, but may have been older than I realize, as seemed young by his posts? I think he had been married at one time, as seems like he did mention an ex?

Is hard to really "know" anybody in a usenet group, but I was just surprised when I read where he had died, as had never heard that officially before now.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:30:34 AM UTC-7, wrote:

> I do remember something about phone calls he had been making to you and you and him having "words" in here, but I wasn't sure what the whole story was. Maybe he was just very lonely, and had an over-active imagination, which included you. Is hard to say. He seemed like a nice enough fellow. I have no idea what age bracket he was in, but may have been older than I realize, as seemed young by his posts?

intelius.com says that Andrew Burns of Media, PA was born 56 years ago.

I assume most everyone on Usenet is a Boomer or older.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:10:34 AM UTC-7, metronomicon wrote:

> That's truly sick, you two are stalking a dead person now, pure insanity
> defined!

Members of any community like to talk about their departed members, even
if it's only a virtual online one.

In fact, the Usenet tradition might have started right here in rfc, with
the Susan Hattie Steinsapir deathwatch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:00:26 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> I don't know for sure but I suspect he was bipolar.

That was my suspicion too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:24:46 -0600, laurel canyon > wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:17:44 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
> > Look like hell from the outside. The realtor photos don't exactly do
> > it any justice.

> Why are you stalking a dead man's estate?
>
> Are you a totally sick *******?

That's what he does. No one with a job or even something that
resembles a life would be doing it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On 9/19/2013 12:17 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> >> His house recently sold for far less thanthe original asking price. It had
> >> mold and was in disrepair. :-(

> > Yeah, it looks like they were asking $295K and got $175K. Andy was a
> > hoarder, for one. Not so much of things of any value, just trash.
> > That's why he kept having to have dumpsters brought out to the house.
> > I'm pretty sure social services were involved.
> >

> I forgot about the dumpster posts. He did mention dumpsters a lot in 2012.
>
> > Look like hell from the outside. The realtor photos don't exactly do
> > it any justice.
> >
> > http://www.redfin.com/PA/Media/240-F.../home/39133742
> >
> > -sw
> >

> I truly believe he was mentally ill.

He was getting rid of so much stuff, I often wondered if he was
terminal... but maybe he was thinking about suicide - we'll never
know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:10:34 -0600, metronomicon > wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:58:23 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
> >> Yeah, it looks like they were asking $295K and got $175K. Andy was a
> >> hoarder, for one. Not so much of things of any value, just trash.
> >> That's why he kept having to have dumpsters brought out to the house.
> >> I'm pretty sure social services were involved.
> >>

> > I forgot about the dumpster posts. He did mention dumpsters a lot in 2012.
> >
> >> Look like hell from the outside. The realtor photos don't exactly do
> >> it any justice.
> >>
> >> http://www.redfin.com/PA/Media/240-F.../home/39133742
> >>
> >> -sw
> >>

> > I truly believe he was mentally ill.
> >
> > Jill

> That's truly sick, you two are stalking a dead person now, pure insanity
> defined!

Not really. We've seen a lot of people "go" over the years and many
of them have personality changes near the end. He was a big part of
the group and very well liked until he started a downhill slide, which
was mainly him being so awful to Blake. I think it might have started
off as a joke about Blake's physical appearance that didn't translate
well into printed words between strangers. Guys can say mean things
to their friends in real life, but that sort of thing doesn't go over
well on usenet.

He ended up offending many of his usual friends as well. He said
something to me publicly that I didn't forgive him for and put him
into my KF after that. He kept asking what he'd done wrong, but I
didn't respond because you don't say something like that and not
remember unless you've got a screw loose or are a sociopath... and I
don't play nice with people like that once I understand who they
really are.

It's just an odd coincidence that they are both dead now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:41:38 -0700, sf wrote:

>>> I forgot about the dumpster posts. He did mention dumpsters a lot in 2012.

>>> I truly believe he was mentally ill.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> That's truly sick, you two are stalking a dead person now, pure insanity
>> defined!

> Not really. We've seen a lot of people "go" over the years and many
> of them have personality changes near the end. He was a big part of
> the group and very well liked until he started a downhill slide, which
> was mainly him being so awful to Blake. I think it might have started
> off as a joke about Blake's physical appearance that didn't translate
> well into printed words between strangers. Guys can say mean things
> to their friends in real life, but that sort of thing doesn't go over
> well on usenet.
>
> He ended up offending many of his usual friends as well. He said
> something to me publicly that I didn't forgive him for and put him
> into my KF after that. He kept asking what he'd done wrong, but I
> didn't respond because you don't say something like that and not
> remember unless you've got a screw loose or are a sociopath... and I
> don't play nice with people like that once I understand who they
> really are.
>
> It's just an odd coincidence that they are both dead now.

And that Swerty is searching their real estate listings...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message speaking of Andy

> I truly believe he was mentally ill.
>
> Jill

Could be, but I still enjoyed his breakfast posts.

Cheri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:54:42 -0600, metronomicon > wrote:

> And that Swerty is searching their real estate listings...

He's the proverbial nosey neighbor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2013 4:17 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:54:42 -0600, metronomicon > wrote:
>
>> And that Swerty is searching their real estate listings...

> He's the proverbial nosey neighbor.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:26:42 -0400, Nancy Young <replyto@inemail>
wrote:

> On 9/19/2013 4:17 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:54:42 -0600, metronomicon > wrote:
> >
> >> And that Swerty is searching their real estate listings...

> > He's the proverbial nosey neighbor.
> >

> You say that like it's a bad thing.

LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" <replyto@inemail> wrote in message
> On 9/19/2013 4:17 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:54:42 -0600, metronomicon > wrote:
>>
>>> And that Swerty is searching their real estate listings...

>> He's the proverbial nosey neighbor.
>>

> You say that like it's a bad thing.

Heh ...

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:54:42 PM UTC-7, metronomicon wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:41:38 -0700, sf wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:10:34 -0600, metronomicon > wrote:

> > It's just an odd coincidence that they are both dead now.

> And that Swerty is searching their real estate listings...

Normally, people curious about someone who has recently died can find out
information at the funeral -- eulogies, memories, are shared. The funeral
procession often passes the home of the deceased. None of these features
are available to one's internet acquaintances.

I am reminded that a long time poster on another group I follow suddenly
stopped posting. Eventually, I checked on the Social Security Death Index,
and there he was.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:17:32 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:54:42 -0600, metronomicon > wrote:
>
>> And that Swerty is searching their real estate listings...

> He's the proverbial nosey neighbor.

One of these days he's gonna get his head stuck in a Mayo jar and have to
smash it off.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:37:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

> I am reminded that a long time poster on another group I follow suddenly
> stopped posting. Eventually, I checked on the Social Security Death Index,
> and there he was.

Ya'll are profounfly odd.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 9/19/2013 10:12 AM, bhigh wrote:
>>

>> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>

>> > wrote in message
>>> On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:39:58 PM UTC-8, l not -l wrote:
>>>
>>> Greg Blake died, as did his nemisis Andy. The others, as far as I can
>>> tell, just faded away for lack of interest.
>>>
>>> -- Change Cujo to Juno in email address. Bad decisions make good stories.
>>>
>>> I hadn't heard that it had been confirmed that Andy had passed on? He
>>> was here when I first started posting in this group and always did the
>>> breakfast threads, I believe?
>>>
>>> Judy

>>> Sadly, it was confirmed.

>> His house recently sold for far less than the original asking price. It
>> had mold and was in disrepair. :-(

>For all his cheerful, albeit odd, breakfast posts, Andy was at heart a
>sad person. I don't know for sure but I suspect he was bipolar.
>
>I felt bad having to rebuke him publicly for calling me all the time.
>But he ignored private email requests in which I asked him to stop
>calling. If I happened to be out he would leave sad-sack messages,
>"Guess you don't want to talk to me, I won't call again". Of course he
>did call again, usually within the next hour. In his mind he dreamed up
>a "relationship" between us which didn't exist.
>
>I'll talk to anyone from RFC who wants to call me *occasionally*. I'll
>even call you back if you leave me a message. But don't call me four or
>five times a day.
>
>One night he called in the wee hours of the morning, 1AM and again at
>5AM. Sorry, but at those hours it had better be a freakin' emergency!
>So, since he wasn't hearing me, I addressed the issue here.
>
>He went off the deep-end, called me a bitch. He said but you called me
>back! Yes, I did. Someone leaves me a message, it's polite to call
>them back. It means nothing more than that.
>
>I posted about it here, he called me bitch. Hey, what else could I do?
> He ignored my requests to stop calling me all day long. Then suddenly
>he was all peaches and cream again, "smootches" and all that.
>
>I don't wish anyone dead, but Andy Burns was definitely battling with
>some personal demons.
>
>Jill

You have a vivid imagination. Andy was suffering with a respiratory
disease, I know this for a fact and have had several discussions with
him regarding his illness. I can't swear what did him in but I
strongly suspect lung cancer. I don't think it's anyones business to
speculate about rfc poster's personal business... Andy was a valued
poster, I miss him.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:15:12 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> I don't think it's anyones business to
> speculate about rfc poster's personal business... Andy was a valued
> poster, I miss him.

Well, well, well...look at Shelly step up to the plate with some straight
talk!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:34:20 PM UTC-7, metronomicon wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:15:12 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>

> > I don't think it's anyones business to
> > speculate about rfc poster's personal business... Andy was a valued
> > poster, I miss him.

> Well, well, well...look at Shelly step up to the plate with some straight
> talk!

"Stalking" as you put it is motivated by this same feeling of loss.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
news
> You have a vivid imagination. Andy was suffering with a respiratory
> disease, I know this for a fact and have had several discussions with
> him regarding his illness. I can't swear what did him in but I
> strongly suspect lung cancer. I don't think it's anyones business to
> speculate about rfc poster's personal business... Andy was a valued
> poster, I miss him.

His posts made me smile, and I really didn't see much hatefulness in them at
all even though some were pretty hateful to him for no reason that I could
see.

Cheri

what happened Pete Whitehead Diabetic 2 27-11-2009 05:08 AM
Whatever happened to... Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 65 12-12-2004 04:12 PM
Ok - what happened! Cheryl Isaak Wine 1 06-12-2004 07:26 PM
Whatever happened to BigDog Barbecue 17 12-11-2004 11:27 PM
Hey SF What happened to your boy? The Wolf General Cooking 40 12-10-2003 01:15 AM