Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Whatever Happened To......

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 9/20/2013 10:33 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> How in the world can you read everything if you don't use a killfile? I
>>> do but I still can't read everything. You must be a speed reader.
>>>

>> Not hard if you look carefully. I don't use a killfile but for about
>> three people on all mr groups. First I look at the subject line. If of
>> no interest, I just mart the thread read. If of interest, I at least
>> read a few posts and decide from there. Even it it goes off topic, it
>> may still be of interest.
>>
>> If I miss a day or two, I may just mark everything read and start over.
>> Nothing here is critical to my life if missed.

> Yabutt, that's still not reading *ALL messages posted*.

Pesky details. heh

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2013 7:58 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 9/20/2013 10:33 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> How in the world can you read everything if you don't use a killfile? I
>>> do but I still can't read everything. You must be a speed reader.
>>>

>> Not hard if you look carefully. I don't use a killfile but for about
>> three people on all mr groups. First I look at the subject line. If of
>> no interest, I just mart the thread read. If of interest, I at least
>> read a few posts and decide from there. Even it it goes off topic, it
>> may still be of interest.
>>
>> If I miss a day or two, I may just mark everything read and start over.
>> Nothing here is critical to my life if missed.

> Yabutt, that's still not reading *ALL messages posted*.

Maybe a better question, why would you want to?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2013 9:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/21/2013 7:58 PM, Cheryl wrote:

>>> Not hard if you look carefully. I don't use a killfile but for about
>>> three people on all mr groups. First I look at the subject line. If of
>>> no interest, I just mart the thread read. If of interest, I at least
>>> read a few posts and decide from there. Even it it goes off topic, it
>>> may still be of interest.
>>>
>>> If I miss a day or two, I may just mark everything read and start over.
>>> Nothing here is critical to my life if missed.

>> Yabutt, that's still not reading *ALL messages posted*.
>>

> Maybe a better question, why would you want to?

Ask Gary.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> On 9/21/2013 9:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> Yabutt, that's still not reading *ALL messages posted*.
> >>

> > Maybe a better question, why would you want to?

> Ask Gary.

I already said why. see answer above
I'm here to read what people have to say.
I also don't skip pages when reading a book.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2013 10:29 PM, Gary wrote:

> I already said why. see answer above
> I'm here to read what people have to say.
> I also don't skip pages when reading a book.

More power to ya sweetie.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:00:36 -0700, Cheri wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>> news >>
>>> You have a vivid imagination. Andy was suffering with a respiratory
>>> disease, I know this for a fact and have had several discussions with
>>> him regarding his illness. I can't swear what did him in but I
>>> strongly suspect lung cancer. I don't think it's anyones business to
>>> speculate about rfc poster's personal business... Andy was a valued
>>> poster, I miss him.

>> His posts made me smile, and I really didn't see much hatefulness in them at
>> all even though some were pretty hateful to him for no reason that I could
>> see.

> You must have missed several threads. Or you blocked them out of your
> memory. Andy was plenty hateful - as others have mentioned.
>
> -sw

Andy was really nasty to Blake, which is the reason I stopped responding
to him at all.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:29:46 +0100, Ophelia wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message

>>> Nor of Boli's demise :/

>> She certainly knew of Blake's demise because I told her.

> But you said that Cybercat left when Blake died. Cybercat had left
> long before that.
>
> -sw

That is my recollection also.

Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> There are very few rock stars there. Hell is mostly politicians,
> bankers, and lawyers.

Not according to a Catholic priest whose sermon had to do with rock and roll
music and how that came from the devil. Just one more reason why I don't do
religion. I only went to church to be polite. The people I was staying
with went every Sunday.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> So what can we expect in t'other place?

>> McDonalds and Golden Corral.

> Oh lawdy ... how to decide ??? I've never seen a Golden Corral but I take
> it that it is similar to McDonalds? I've only ever eaten at McD's once.
> It was the first and last time. Oooh just looked them up! Are the
> serving Real Food???

Not at all similar. Gold Corral is an all you can eat buffet. They have
some good choices and some bad. Their salad bar is one of the better ones.
Although salad bars are becoming rare here. I have been told that the
desserts look good but don't taste good. I never tried them. We do not
have one near here so have only eaten there perhaps 10 times in my life, if
that.

My objections to it are these... The the food can get very sloppy at times.
Meaning that someone drops some other kind of food into the food that you
might want. And they don't come around and clean it up very often. And you
might get something that is good the first time around but when they refill
it, it isn't. Such as the strawberries that I got last time. I took three
only because they are often not good. But these were quite good! So I went
back for more and those were pretty flavorless except for being sour. The
place also seems to attract a piggish sort of person. Not everyone who eats
there is like this of course. But a lot are. You see them going back again
and again and again. Piles of plates. Piles of chicken bones and sometimes
people commenting that they want to eat until stuffed and then some. That
is kind of off-putting to me.

When we go, we get a plate of salad and another of food. Granted the plates
they give you are smaller than a typical dinner plate. I might go back
again only if I really liked something or they were out of something that I
wanted the first time through. But... If I do go back, that is never a
full plate. I might take a potato or some green beans. Almost always just
the one thing. But our meal the last time was not all that good and they
have raised their prices so it is not likely that we'll go back. I think I
wound up paying around $20 per person including drink. And there is just no
way that we eat that amount of food. The types of meals we normally order
in a restaurant typically run anywhere from $6-12 per person. My husband's
meals are often more because he gets meat. Daughter and I typically have
soup or salad or some vegetable sides.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 9/21/2013 3:52 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>> eb.com...

>>> I like the plush part. I'll run some sumbitches over.

>> Hmmm not sure you would get to stay up there very long ...
>>

> My heaven would allow it.

rofl

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 22:29:57 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Cheryl wrote:

>> > Maybe a better question, why would you want to?

>> Ask Gary.

>I already said why. see answer above
>I'm here to read what people have to say.
>I also don't skip pages when reading a book.

Yeah but, reading every post and every thread is like reading every
book in the library.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 22:29:57 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Cheryl wrote:

>>> Ask Gary.

>>I already said why. see answer above
>>I'm here to read what people have to say.
>>I also don't skip pages when reading a book.

> Yeah but, reading every post and every thread is like reading every
> book in the library.

Hey if it's what he likes to do ...

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >I already said why. see answer above
> >I'm here to read what people have to say.
> >I also don't skip pages when reading a book.

> Yeah but, reading every post and every thread is like reading every
> book in the library.

Reading every post in this ng is way less reading than I do each night
with a book from the library, so that's not a correct analogy.

BTW, if you read every bit of a good dictionary, once done you will
have read every book ever written....just not in the same order. ;-D

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:48:35 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

> >> McDonalds and Golden Corral.

> > Oh lawdy ... how to decide ??? I've never seen a Golden Corral but I take

> > it that it is similar to McDonalds? I've only ever eaten at McD's once.

> > It was the first and last time. Oooh just looked them up! Are the

> > serving Real Food???

> Not at all similar. Gold Corral is an all you can eat buffet. They have
>
> some good choices and some bad. Their salad bar is one of the better ones.
>
> Although salad bars are becoming rare here. I have been told that the
>
> desserts look good but don't taste good. I never tried them. We do not
>
> have one near here so have only eaten there perhaps 10 times in my life, if
>
> that.
>

> My objections to it are these... The the food can get very sloppy at times.
>
> Meaning that someone drops some other kind of food into the food that you
>
> might want. And they don't come around and clean it up very often. And you
>
> might get something that is good the first time around but when they refill
>
> it, it isn't. Such as the strawberries that I got last time. I took three
>
> only because they are often not good. But these were quite good! So I went
>
> back for more and those were pretty flavorless except for being sour. The
>
> place also seems to attract a piggish sort of person. Not everyone who eats
>
> there is like this of course. But a lot are. You see them going back again
>
> and again and again. Piles of plates. Piles of chicken bones and sometimes
>
> people commenting that they want to eat until stuffed and then some. That
>
> is kind of off-putting to me.
>

> When we go, we get a plate of salad and another of food. Granted the plates
>
> they give you are smaller than a typical dinner plate. I might go back
>
> again only if I really liked something or they were out of something that I
>
> wanted the first time through. But... If I do go back, that is never a
>
> full plate. I might take a potato or some green beans. Almost always just
>
> the one thing. But our meal the last time was not all that good and they
>
> have raised their prices so it is not likely that we'll go back. I think I
>
> wound up paying around $20 per person including drink. And there is just no
>
> way that we eat that amount of food. The types of meals we normally order
>
> in a restaurant typically run anywhere from $6-12 per person. My husband's
>
> meals are often more because he gets meat. Daughter and I typically have
>
> soup or salad or some vegetable sides.

If you and your daughter eat the way you claim you do, I find it hard to understand why you're both fat slobs. By the way, have you guys finally settled on what you're allergic to/intolerant to/don't like? Or is it still flavor of the month?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> Exactly! Brew for breakfast syndrome. Andy was a drunk, and kind of a mean
> one. He is not missed.

I miss Andy.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> If you and your daughter eat the way you claim you do, I find it hard to
> understand why you're both fat slobs. By the way, have you guys finally
> settled on what you're allergic to/intolerant to/don't like? Or is it
> still flavor of the month?

We are not slobs. Fat? Yeah. But then so are/were almost all of the
members of the family on both sides. My paternal grandpa was not. All
other grandparents were. And most all of my aunts and uncles are/were. I
think one uncle was not but then again he died at a somewhat early age. No
telling what he might have looked like had he been older. And he didn't
live near us so we didn't see him often. Have only seen pics of one aunt in
recent years but she appears to still be slim. So clearly a genetics issue.
Same for my husband's family. All of the ones that I saw had weight issues
to some extent except for his paternal grandma who had been a model when
younger. By the time I knew here she had various health issues and I think
wasn't able to eat very much at all because of that.

My Endo. has so far been unable to find a concrete reason why I am
overweight. I have worked with various dieticians. I follow their diet and
I either do not lose weight or I gain it. I did lose weight rapidly when
hyperthyroid. But I put that back on when I was put on a lower dose of the
medication. I was hyper because I was being given the incorrect dose and as
it turned out (several years and several Drs. later) that dose was none. I
do have a goiter but no other thyroid problems.

Currently my weight is down 11 pounds from what I assumed my set point to
be. Why? Dunno. Other than taking CLA and then I almost immediately
dropped those pounds. My CDE tells me that it won't cause weight loss. I
beg to differ. I did lose 9 pounds when I took it before but then once I
was put on insulin, my weight shot back up. Then again, I was put on Lantus
and have read that it can cause weight gain. Could be that getting off the
Lantus is what helped with the loss.

Bottom line, the Endo. said I am just one of those people who will not be
able to eat very much. Clearly true for me now. Not true when I was
younger. Then I was so seriously underweight that people would make hurtful
comments to/about me that I had to be anorexic. Hurtful because try as I
might, I could not gain an ounce. I would eat obscene amounts of food and
it just didn't help. Even my Dr. thought I had anorexia after passing out
due to low blood sugar. But... I had just eaten breakfast! Can't remember
now what I ate. I was about 12 then. I have always had blood sugar issues
and apparently metabolism issues.

Right now I have gastroparesis/slowed digestion. For some people this
causes weight loss. For others, it's the opposite problem.

As for the food intolerances, those can change over time. We have been told
to be retested every three years. My daughter thankfully seems to be having
less problems while I am having more. But from speaking to others about IgG
problems, that's the way it goes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 22:29:57 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Cheryl wrote:

>>> Ask Gary.

>>I already said why. see answer above
>>I'm here to read what people have to say.
>>I also don't skip pages when reading a book.

> Yeah but, reading every post and every thread is like reading every
> book in the library.

Which at one point, I felt I had done! Not true but certainly had read
every book of interest to me. Our library in those days didn't seem to get
much in the way of new books in my genre. Like cooking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> >I already said why. see answer above
>> >I'm here to read what people have to say.
>> >I also don't skip pages when reading a book.

>> Yeah but, reading every post and every thread is like reading every
>> book in the library.

> Reading every post in this ng is way less reading than I do each night
> with a book from the library, so that's not a correct analogy.
>
> BTW, if you read every bit of a good dictionary, once done you will
> have read every book ever written....just not in the same order. ;-D

My friends and I have read dictionaries. We used to play a game where we
would open it up to a random page them try to make up a story using each
word in the order in which it appeared. We could add some words in between
to make the story make sense, but we couldn't skip over any words. The end
result could be quite comical!

In drama class, we had to read the phone book aloud using different emotions
as we read the names. That was comical too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> > wrote in message
>
>> Exactly! Brew for breakfast syndrome. Andy was a drunk, and kind of a
>> mean one. He is not missed.

> I miss Andy.
>
> Cheri

Me too.

what happened Pete Whitehead Diabetic 2 27-11-2009 06:08 AM
Whatever happened to... Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 65 12-12-2004 05:12 PM
Ok - what happened! Cheryl Isaak Wine 1 06-12-2004 08:26 PM
Whatever happened to BigDog Barbecue 17 13-11-2004 12:27 AM
Hey SF What happened to your boy? The Wolf General Cooking 40 12-10-2003 01:15 AM