Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Whatever Happened To......

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:11:09 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 9/20/2013 11:05 AM, Sky wrote:
> > On 9/20/2013 9:36 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

> >> If Cybercat knows of Blake death, I have not seen any indication of it
> >> here.
> >>

> > Nor of Boli's demise :/

> Or Lou Decruss or hahabogus.
>
> Been a rough couple of years.
>
> nancy

AFAIK, Boli was HahaB.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:10:30 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> Funny, in all the times he called me on the phone he never once
> mentioned being ill. I do know when he'd leave messages sometimes he
> was all sad-sack, "guess you just don't want to talk to me". Then he'd
> call back, all jovial and happy. That's why I said I suspect he was
> bipolar.

You don't have to be bipolar to suffer from depression.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 9/20/2013 11:05 AM, Sky wrote:
>> On 9/20/2013 9:36 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> If Cybercat knows of Blake death, I have not seen any indication of it
>>> here.
>>>

>> Nor of Boli's demise :/

> Or Lou Decruss or hahabogus.
>
> Been a rough couple of years.

It certainly has I don't know if she knows about the rest, but I did tell
her about Blake because I knew she used to be close friends with him. I
pointed her to that site we were told about and she left a msg.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in
:

>> Don't worry about it. There is no elsewhere or even heaven for
>> that matter.

> But can you be sure??

Yes. I can't prove it (as in reproduce the conditions under which
I know) but I am sure.

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2013 12:14 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>
>> Funny, in all the times he called me on the phone he never once
>> mentioned being ill. I do know when he'd leave messages sometimes he
>> was all sad-sack, "guess you just don't want to talk to me". Then
>> he'd call back, all jovial and happy. That's why I said I suspect he
>> was bipolar.
>>
>> Jill

> I do remember the last phone incident.
>
> Cheri

I didn't *want* to embarrass him. He ignored my emails about it so I
knew it would get his attention. I didn't mention it here until after
he called me twice in the middle of the night one night. There's
absolutely no reason for *anyone* to call me that late. Overall he was
nice to me. But there was something "off" about it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2013 12:16 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:10:30 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Funny, in all the times he called me on the phone he never once
>> mentioned being ill. I do know when he'd leave messages sometimes he
>> was all sad-sack, "guess you just don't want to talk to me". Then he'd
>> call back, all jovial and happy. That's why I said I suspect he was
>> bipolar.
>>

> You don't have to be bipolar to suffer from depression.

That's true, but it was the manic upswings that made me think bipolar.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2013 4:17 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:54:42 -0600, metronomicon > wrote:
>
>> And that Swerty is searching their real estate listings...

> He's the proverbial nosey neighbor.

Actually, I was one of the first to post here asking if anyone had heard
from Andy. And everyone else was asking, too. Steve did some searches,
there were no obits. A few months later I emailed Steve wondering if
he'd heard anything new. That's when he found the notice in the paper
about Andy's sister being the executor of his estate.

BTW, you replied to yet another of casa's bogus nyms. So who is the
person trying to stir up trouble, hmmmm?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/20/2013 12:14 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Funny, in all the times he called me on the phone he never once
>>> mentioned being ill. I do know when he'd leave messages sometimes he
>>> was all sad-sack, "guess you just don't want to talk to me". Then
>>> he'd call back, all jovial and happy. That's why I said I suspect he
>>> was bipolar.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I do remember the last phone incident.
>>
>> Cheri

> I didn't *want* to embarrass him. He ignored my emails about it so I knew
> it would get his attention. I didn't mention it here until after he
> called me twice in the middle of the night one night. There's absolutely
> no reason for *anyone* to call me that late. Overall he was nice to me.
> But there was something "off" about it.
>
> Jill

I was 100% with you on that. Sometimes a person has to take measures to make
it stop whether you want to or not.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2013 12:15 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:11:09 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>>> Nor of Boli's demise :/

>> Or Lou Decruss or hahabogus.
>>
>> Been a rough couple of years.
>>
>> nancy

> AFAIK, Boli was HahaB.

Not true. Boli was Phil Walker and hahabogus was Alan Boles. They were
often in the old rfc chat room at the same time. They also had
completely different posting styles.

Alan found out I love old movies. He snailed mailed me a DVD -
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953). He also recommended a wonderful
Spanish guitar duo (Struntz & Farah) on CD which I bought and really
enjoyed.

Boli mostly teased me about preferring yellow cornmeal over white.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:35:30 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> BTW, you replied to yet another of casa's bogus nyms. So who is the
> person trying to stir up trouble, hmmmm?

You like to try and run things here, don't you?

One more control freak tell, no wonder you fawn over Sqwerty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:50:53 -0500, Michel Boucher wrote:

> There is no elsewhere or even heaven for
> that matter.
>
> --

Prove it, frenchy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:44:31 -0500, Michel Boucher wrote:

> metronomicon > wrote in
> :
>
>>> Members of any community like to talk about their departed
>>> members, even if it's only a virtual online one.
>>>
>>> In fact, the Usenet tradition might have started right here
>>> in rfc, with the Susan Hattie Steinsapir deathwatch.

>> Gee, no wonder you freaks shelter Spin and marty then, this is
>> stalker central!

> Well, then I suggest you break with this group immediately, This
> is obviously not thew place for someone with your heightened sense
> of righteousness...out here among the heathens.
>
> Bye.

**** off and lick my boots, you frenchy ccanuck assbag.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:29:46 +0100, Ophelia wrote:

> She certainly knew of Blake's demise because I told her.
> --

Of course you did, you catty little ****.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 07:44:47 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia wrote:

> Or do you know some other way to 'get in the back door'? I've been trying to research someone for months and only dead ends.

Sick, just ****ing sick....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 09:36:24 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> Cybercat was long gone before Blake's death. Blake died
> October 27th 2011.

****ing obit stalker.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 09:02:13 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> Certainly Heaven has been taken over by a private equity firm by now,

That means yer mayo will be priced up, too bad, lol.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 08:45:03 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> That demonstrated Andy's delusional state pretty well.

So you stalked him, great...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 08:56:57 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> But I was trying to suggest that the daily
> highs and lows were from whatever medications he was (or wasn't)
> taking.
>
> -sw

How many meds did you stalk Omelet into taking?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:47:25 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> Boli was Phil Walker and hahabogus was Alan Boles.

Okay. Guess I always merged Boli and Boles into one person.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On 9/19/2013 4:17 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:54:42 -0600, metronomicon > wrote:
> >
> >> And that Swerty is searching their real estate listings...

> > He's the proverbial nosey neighbor.
> >

> Actually, I was one of the first to post here asking if anyone had heard
> from Andy. And everyone else was asking, too. Steve did some searches,
> there were no obits. A few months later I emailed Steve wondering if
> he'd heard anything new. That's when he found the notice in the paper
> about Andy's sister being the executor of his estate.
>
> BTW, you replied to yet another of casa's bogus nyms. So who is the
> person trying to stir up trouble, hmmmm?

I am not accusing anyone of "stirring up trouble", unlike some wusses
here. I am only pointing out the obvious about certain regulars who
nymshift regularly and are screaming bloody murder now because someone
is doing it to them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:52:34 -0600, metronomicon > wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 07:44:47 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia wrote:
>
> > Or do you know some other way to 'get in the back door'? I've been trying to research someone for months and only dead ends.

> Sick, just ****ing sick....

Sounds more like she's doing some genealogical research of her family
line to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michel Boucher wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote in
> :
>
> >> If we get lucky all the Iphone users will go there

> > Oh dear. Does that mean I will be going elsewhere? ;0

> Don't worry about it. There is no elsewhere or even heaven for
> that matter.

And that theory works for me. If you just cease to exist, you won't be
aware that you've ceased to exist. No worries from then on. :-D

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Funny, in all the times he called me on the phone he never once
> mentioned being ill. I do know when he'd leave messages sometimes he
> was all sad-sack, "guess you just don't want to talk to me". Then he'd
> call back, all jovial and happy. That's why I said I suspect he was
> bipolar.

Or it could have just been the cheap Bud Light that he liked to drink.
Beer can make you happy for awhile, then you go back to normal (or
worse if you drank too much).

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/20/2013 12:14 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Funny, in all the times he called me on the phone he never once
>>> mentioned being ill. I do know when he'd leave messages sometimes he
>>> was all sad-sack, "guess you just don't want to talk to me". Then
>>> he'd call back, all jovial and happy. That's why I said I suspect he
>>> was bipolar.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I do remember the last phone incident.
>>
>> Cheri

> I didn't *want* to embarrass him. He ignored my emails about it so I knew
> it would get his attention. I didn't mention it here until after he
> called me twice in the middle of the night one night. There's absolutely
> no reason for *anyone* to call me that late. Overall he was nice to me.
> But there was something "off" about it.
>
> Jill

Oh I don't know how you put up with that

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michel Boucher" > wrote in message
> "Ophelia" > wrote in
> :
>
>>> Don't worry about it. There is no elsewhere or even heaven for
>>> that matter.

>> But can you be sure??

> Yes. I can't prove it (as in reproduce the conditions under which
> I know) but I am sure.

Ok so prove it and no I don't have any preconceived ideas, I am just
interested in your assertion.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message

> That SS index seems to be 'closed' to scrutiny now. I think you have to
> know the person's date of birth to look up anything. May be a good thing.
> Or do you know some other way to 'get in the back door'? I've been trying
> to research someone for months and only dead ends.

If you are working on your genealogy, do you subscribe to Genes Reunited and
Ancestry? Apols if that is not your intention.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Michel Boucher wrote:
>>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in
>> :

>> > Oh dear. Does that mean I will be going elsewhere? ;0

>> Don't worry about it. There is no elsewhere or even heaven for
>> that matter.

> And that theory works for me. If you just cease to exist, you won't be
> aware that you've ceased to exist. No worries from then on. :-D

Yeah that is my view too, but I am always interested in someone who is so
certain
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2013 1:30 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> I do remember the last phone incident.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> I didn't *want* to embarrass him. He ignored my emails about it so I
>> knew
>> it would get his attention. I didn't mention it here until after he
>> called me twice in the middle of the night one night. There's absolutely
>> no reason for *anyone* to call me that late. Overall he was nice to me.
>> But there was something "off" about it.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Oh I don't know how you put up with that

I put up with it far longer than I should have because I really didn't
want to hurt his feelings. I do suspect he was very lonely.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2013 1:18 PM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Funny, in all the times he called me on the phone he never once
>> mentioned being ill. I do know when he'd leave messages sometimes he
>> was all sad-sack, "guess you just don't want to talk to me". Then he'd
>> call back, all jovial and happy. That's why I said I suspect he was
>> bipolar.

> Or it could have just been the cheap Bud Light that he liked to drink.
> Beer can make you happy for awhile, then you go back to normal (or
> worse if you drank too much).
>
> G.

True, Gary. He used to mention Bud Light in his breakfast posts almost
as often as he mentioned a tall glass of cold milk.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/20/2013 1:30 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I didn't *want* to embarrass him. He ignored my emails about it so I
>>> knew
>>> it would get his attention. I didn't mention it here until after he
>>> called me twice in the middle of the night one night. There's
>>> absolutely
>>> no reason for *anyone* to call me that late. Overall he was nice to me.
>>> But there was something "off" about it.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> Oh I don't know how you put up with that
>>

> I put up with it far longer than I should have because I really didn't
> want to hurt his feelings. I do suspect he was very lonely.

Aye well. Not fair on you!!

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> I don't killfile people, but I often don't read them,
> so I'm sure I did/do miss some of the arguments.

I don't use a killfile and I also real ALL messages posted.
I like to know what's going on in the dark shadows as well as
what's in the "light."

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 20, 2013 3:04:47 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cheri wrote:
>

> > I don't killfile people, but I often don't read them,

> > so I'm sure I did/do miss some of the arguments.

> I don't use a killfile and I also real ALL messages posted.
>
> I like to know what's going on in the dark shadows as well as
>
> what's in the "light."
>

> G.

Eat a dick, halfwit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:59:03 -0500, Michel Boucher
> > wrote:

wrote in
m:

>>> Lol, see you there, one biiiig party!

>>Mother Teresa died and arrived in Heaven. She was met at the gates
>>by God who signed her in and showed her around. She was a bit
>>surprised at first that there was no one elsearound but she figured
>>Heaven was so big that people were just elsewhere. At one point,
>>God stopped and asked if she was hungry. She said yes, she could
>>eat something. God sat down opened a can of tuna and made two tuna
>>sandwiches. As she sat there munching, she looked down and saw the
>>people in hell, sitting at large tables groaning under the weight
>>of rich foods of all kinds: roasts, cakes, and such. And the wine
>>flowed freely. But she figured God knew what he was doing.
>>
>>The next morning, God showed up and took her to some other places
>>in Heave. Still she couldn't see anyone around. Heaven must be
>>REALLY big. And whenb lunchtime came, God opened another can of
>>tuna and made two tuna sandwiches. While she ate, she looked down
>>into hell and saw the same spectacle, so she felt compelled to ask:
>>"Why are the people in hell eating such lavish feasts and here we
>>only get tuna sandwiches?"
>>
>>"Well, you know how it is", God answered. "It's not worth cooking
>>for two."

> Trouble is, she might well land in hell because she was not always the
> lovely person she was painted.

So we are now hearing!!!

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2013 2:49 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Oh I don't know how you put up with that
>>>

>> I put up with it far longer than I should have because I really didn't
>> want to hurt his feelings. I do suspect he was very lonely.

> Aye well. Not fair on you!!

It's a moot point now.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> I put up with it far longer than I should have because I really didn't
>>> want to hurt his feelings. I do suspect he was very lonely.

>> Aye well. Not fair on you!!
>>

> It's a moot point now.

I know but it must have been distressing! Anyway ... as you say ...

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary > wrote in :

> If you just cease to exist, you won't be
> aware that you've ceased to exist. No worries from then on. :-D

You would hardly cease to exist as your body and your energy remain
in the universe.

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in
:

>> Yes. I can't prove it (as in reproduce the conditions under
>> which I know) but I am sure.

> Ok so prove it and no I don't have any preconceived ideas,
> I am just interested in your assertion.

I said I couldn't, not that I wouldn't if I could.

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-09-20 2:19 PM, jmcquown wrote:
I don't know how you put up with that

> I put up with it far longer than I should have because I really didn't
> want to hurt his feelings. I do suspect he was very lonely.

Lonely? A coupe times when he was in RFC chat he sounded downright
desperate, flirting obnoxiously with the women online and freaking out
at the rejections he got.

what happened Pete Whitehead Diabetic 2 27-11-2009 06:08 AM
Whatever happened to... Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 65 12-12-2004 05:12 PM
Ok - what happened! Cheryl Isaak Wine 1 06-12-2004 08:26 PM
Whatever happened to BigDog Barbecue 17 13-11-2004 12:27 AM
Hey SF What happened to your boy? The Wolf General Cooking 40 12-10-2003 01:15 AM