Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cauliflower

"KenK" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 22:02:27 +0100, "Ophelia"
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> I found a cauliflower recipe this morning that might or might not
>>> appeal to you, depending on your attitude toward fennel bulb/root.
>>>
>>> Sautéed fennel and cauliflower
>>> http://kitchenseasons.com/2012/01/02...y-snapshots-2/
>>> I think it would be lovely with just salt, pepper and lemon as
>>> seasoning.

>> Mmmm... Can't wait for cooler weather. I loves me some roasted
>> fennel!
>>

> I've never tasted fennel. I can't recall seeing it in the market - but
> that may be because I don't know what it looks like! <g>

If you like the flavour of aniseed, you will like fennel
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Sep 2013 17:01:45 GMT, KenK > wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in
> :
>

> > "sf" > wrote in message
> >> On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 22:02:27 +0100, "Ophelia"
> >>
> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> I found a cauliflower recipe this morning that might or might not
> >> appeal to you, depending on your attitude toward fennel bulb/root.
> >>
> >> Sautéed fennel and cauliflower
> >> http://kitchenseasons.com/2012/01/02...y-snapshots-2/
> >> I think it would be lovely with just salt, pepper and lemon as
> >> seasoning.

> > Mmmm... Can't wait for cooler weather. I loves me some roasted
> > fennel!
> >

> I've never tasted fennel. I can't recall seeing it in the market - but
> that may be because I don't know what it looks like! <g>

Here's the general idea about what it looks like. Best to inquire,
but once you know what you're looking for - you'll continue to
recognize it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 18:11:32 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>

> "KenK" > wrote in message
> >>

> > I've never tasted fennel. I can't recall seeing it in the market - but
> > that may be because I don't know what it looks like! <g>

> If you like the flavour of aniseed, you will like fennel
> --

IMO, it's a very, very mild flavor. I do NOT like black licorice
['licorice candy' is made with Anise and NOT from Liquorice root in
United States], but I do like fennel bulb - even raw (in a salad) and
of course, I like the fennel flavor (powdered/ground or whole seeds)
in Italian sausage.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/17/2013 1:01 PM, KenK wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 22:02:27 +0100, "Ophelia"
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> I found a cauliflower recipe this morning that might or might not
>>> appeal to you, depending on your attitude toward fennel bulb/root.
>>>
>>> Sautéed fennel and cauliflower
>>> http://kitchenseasons.com/2012/01/02...y-snapshots-2/
>>> I think it would be lovely with just salt, pepper and lemon as
>>> seasoning.

>> Mmmm... Can't wait for cooler weather. I loves me some roasted
>> fennel!
>>

> I've never tasted fennel. I can't recall seeing it in the market - but
> that may be because I don't know what it looks like! <g>

Here's a pictu

http://whatcom.wsu.edu/ag/homehort/plant/fennel.htm

It has a taste a bit like aniseed.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton > wrote in news:l1a7ls$egg
:

> On 9/17/2013 1:01 PM, KenK wrote:
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in
>> :

>>> Mmmm... Can't wait for cooler weather. I loves me some roasted
>>> fennel!
>>>

>> I've never tasted fennel. I can't recall seeing it in the market - but
>> that may be because I don't know what it looks like! <g>
>>

> Here's a pictu
>
> http://whatcom.wsu.edu/ag/homehort/plant/fennel.htm
>
> It has a taste a bit like aniseed.

Ahh. I think I have seen that and thought it was something else. Never
bought any.

Thank you!

Cauliflower sf[_9_] General Cooking 9 18-09-2013 02:52 AM
Cauliflower Jean B.[_1_] General Cooking 0 16-09-2013 11:37 PM
Cauliflower Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 0 15-09-2013 11:10 PM
Cauliflower Ophelia[_9_] General Cooking 0 14-09-2013 06:26 PM
How do you say cauliflower Denise~* General Cooking 77 09-08-2004 04:10 PM