Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default The US has quietly ended the ban on processed chicken products from China

Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/6/2013 3:16 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?
>
> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know

Good grief, did we not learn from the pet food laced with melamine?

Thank you for the eye-opener.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/6/2013 11:16 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
> Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?
>
> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know

At least the chicken will be well traveled. The processors in the US
will have to ship the frozen chicken parts to China, which defrosts the
birds and processes the meat before refreezing and shipping back the
product back to us. I guess they'll be making goofy frozen chicken
nuggets and patties.

The Chinese will be making very little money doing this but it opens the
way for fully Chinese chicken products being sold in the states. What
the heck, we sell them our chicken. This is that way free trade works.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Friday, September 6, 2013 2:16:19 PM UTC-7, ImStillMags wrote:
> Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?
>

> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know

"And because the poultry will be processed, it will not require country-of-origin labeling. Nor will consumers eating chicken noodle soup from a can or chicken nuggets in a fast-food restaurant know if the chicken came from Chinese processing plants."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 14:16:19 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?
>>
>> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know

> That says something about our economy if it's cheaper to send our
> chicken to China to have it processed, then have it shipped back to
> us.

Yeah, and more US jobs lost!
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/6/2013 4:57 PM, graham wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 14:16:19 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags wrote:
>>
>>> Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?
>>>
>>> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know

>> That says something about our economy if it's cheaper to send our
>> chicken to China to have it processed, then have it shipped back to
>> us.
>>

> Yeah, and more US jobs lost!
> Graham

To be fair, have you seen what working conditions are like in a poultry
plant?

That is an industry we could well clean up top to bottom.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 14:39:03 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 6, 2013 2:16:19 PM UTC-7, ImStillMags wrote:
>> Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?
>>

>> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know

>"And because the poultry will be processed, it will not require country-of-origin labeling. Nor will consumers eating chicken noodle soup from a can or chicken nuggets in a fast-food restaurant know if the chicken came from Chinese processing plants."

You guys need to round up (pun unintended) all those lobbyists and
push them down the deepest mine shaft you can find.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-09-06, dsi1 > wrote:

> At least the chicken will be well traveled.

At least it may actually contain chicken!!

Back when my daughter was a wee tyke, she screamed for McDs nuggets.
We often obliged ...until I disected one, then another, then
all.... and discovered they wasn't a speck of actual chicken meat in
any of them. They were cleverly disguised flavored grease sponges
masquerading as chicken meat! It was several yrs before McDs was
forced to actually include real chicken meat in nuggets.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/6/2013 5:31 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2013-09-06, dsi1 > wrote:
>
>> At least the chicken will be well traveled.

> At least it may actually contain chicken!!
>
> Back when my daughter was a wee tyke, she screamed for McDs nuggets.
> We often obliged ...until I disected one, then another, then
> all.... and discovered they wasn't a speck of actual chicken meat in
> any of them. They were cleverly disguised flavored grease sponges
> masquerading as chicken meat! It was several yrs before McDs was
> forced to actually include real chicken meat in nuggets.
>
> nb

I'll recommend again Jamie Oliver's fine program on factory chicken:
"Jamie's Fowl Dinners" (it's on youtube).

His demonstration on just how the average chicken nugget filling is made
is not for the weak of stomach.

Fair warning.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 6, 2013 5:23:28 PM UTC-4, casa contenta wrote:
> On 9/6/2013 3:16 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>
> > Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?

> > http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know

> Good grief, did we not learn from the pet food laced with melamine?
>

> Thank you for the eye-opener.

Hey, everybody!!! Has anyone noticed the relentless pace of this guy's posts? Remind you of anyone? Or several "people". Notice how this nym uses the pompous language of a high school senior? And other nyms use normal language? And others use cave man language? SF should be the only one stupid enough to fall for this. But Bryan and others are fooled. I (much as I'm hated) have been here longer than any of these nyms. This asshole is taking you for a ride. Sqwetz, Sheldon, Bovine and Ophelia are unfortunate speed bumps, but it's people like House of Boner who kill groups for good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/6/2013 5:44 PM, wrote:
> On Friday, September 6, 2013 5:23:28 PM UTC-4, casa contenta wrote:
>> On 9/6/2013 3:16 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>>
>>> Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know

>> Good grief, did we not learn from the pet food laced with melamine?
>>

>> Thank you for the eye-opener.

> Hey, everybody!!! Has anyone noticed the relentless pace of this guy's posts? Remind you of anyone? Or several "people". Notice how this nym uses the pompous language of a high school senior? And other nyms use normal language? And others use cave man language? SF should be the only one stupid enough to fall for this. But Bryan and others are fooled. I (much as I'm hated) have been here longer than any of these nyms. This asshole is taking you for a ride. Sqwetz, Sheldon, Bovine and Ophelia are unfortunate speed bumps, but it's people like House of Boner who kill groups for good.

Que lastima amigo, I can go as low brow as you and your homies need it,
is that what you prefer?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-09-06 21:23:28 +0000, casa contenta said:

> On 9/6/2013 3:16 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>> Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?
>>
>> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know
>>

> Good grief, did we not learn from the pet food laced with melamine?

We did, and they did too: To be more discreet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 6, 2013 3:16:19 PM UTC-6, ImStillMags wrote:
> Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?
>

> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know

Another huge mistake by the USDA...but I guess they want to kill
production of US sourced food and substitute crap from China.

Bloody fools.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/8/2013 9:04 AM, Roy wrote:

> Another huge mistake by the USDA...but I guess they want to kill
> production of US sourced food and substitute crap from China.
>
> Bloody fools.

The chickens are raised and slaughtered and initially processed in the
US. China does additional processing. The reality is that the US does
not want a trade war with China because we want a piece of their
enormous market. We'd be dumb to shut them out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

> Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?

Yes, the Chinese are putting nanowires in our chicken nuggets
to infect our brains and read our thoughts. Or they would,
if the NSA hadn't gotten there first.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...larity-ensues/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/6/2013 5:24 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 14:16:19 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> Was your chicken McNugget or other chicken product made in China?
>>
>> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...e-hard-to-know

> That says something about our economy if it's cheaper to send our
> chicken to China to have it processed, then have it shipped back to
> us.

Yeah, it tells you just how much the Chinese gov't is willing to
subsidize its food industries in order to get a foothold into the US
food market.