Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cotton Candy Grapes

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 10:23:07 -0500, Tara wrote:

> The Cotton Candy Grape: A Sweet Spin On Designer Fruit
>
> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...-cotton-candy-
> grape-a-sweet-spin-on-designer-fruit
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mtfxke4

A friend of mine brought cotton candy grapes to school today. She hated
them, so she generously shared them so we could taste how bad they are,
too. They do taste like cotton candy and leave a cloying aftertaste.
Even the children didn't like them.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2013 3:49 PM, Tara wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 10:23:07 -0500, Tara wrote:
>
>> The Cotton Candy Grape: A Sweet Spin On Designer Fruit
>>
>> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...-cotton-candy-
>> grape-a-sweet-spin-on-designer-fruit
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/mtfxke4
>>

> A friend of mine brought cotton candy grapes to school today. She hated
> them, so she generously shared them so we could taste how bad they are,
> too. They do taste like cotton candy and leave a cloying aftertaste.
> Even the children didn't like them.
>

> Tara

Ever try the Grapple?

http://www.grapplefruits.com/

I rather enjoy them and they tend to be very crisp, which is something I
look for in an apple.

Now I'm going to look for those grapes, better food through science ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 16:06:49 -0600, casa contenta wrote:

> Ever try the Grapple?
>
> http://www.grapplefruits.com/
>
> I rather enjoy them and they tend to be very crisp, which is something I
> look for in an apple.

I have tried them. I prefer a good old apple flavored apple. Like you,
I do love crispy apples. Jazz apples are nice and crispy.

You can also try crazy apples -- bubble gum and fruit punch flavor.

http://www.crazyapples.com/

> Now I'm going to look for those grapes, better food through science

The grapes were fun to try.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2013 6:49 PM, Tara wrote:

> The grapes were fun to try.

How about these grapes for Halloween?

http://bakingbites.com/2013/09/witch-finger-grapes/

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2013 4:49 PM, Tara wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 16:06:49 -0600, casa contenta wrote:
>
>> Ever try the Grapple?
>>
>> http://www.grapplefruits.com/
>>
>> I rather enjoy them and they tend to be very crisp, which is something I
>> look for in an apple.
>>

> I have tried them. I prefer a good old apple flavored apple. Like you,
> I do love crispy apples. Jazz apples are nice and crispy.

I'm a sucker for the Granny Smiths and Braeburns.

> You can also try crazy apples -- bubble gum and fruit punch flavor.
>
> http://www.crazyapples.com/

I bookmarked that and will have to hope they find a retailer over this
way, Idaho is a bit of a drive for and apple.

>> Now I'm going to look for those grapes, better food through science

> The grapes were fun to try.
>
> Tara

And now my shopping list is up to Starburst candy corn and bubble gum
grapes, I'd better watch how many goodies I pay attention to here ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2013 4:56 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 9/3/2013 6:49 PM, Tara wrote:
>
>> The grapes were fun to try.

> How about these grapes for Halloween?
>
> http://bakingbites.com/2013/09/witch-finger-grapes/
>
> nancy

Lol, I can definitely see kids wanting those in the lunch box.

"What'd your Mom pack for lunch today?"

<evil grin>

"Oh, not much...just these bloody witch's fingers!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 18:56:54 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

> How about these grapes for Halloween?
>
> http://bakingbites.com/2013/09/witch-finger-grapes/

Fun! They can go alongside my witch finger breadsticks.

http://www.marthastewart.com/316427/...-and-mens-toes

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2013 6:56 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 9/3/2013 6:49 PM, Tara wrote:
>
>> The grapes were fun to try.

> How about these grapes for Halloween?
>
> http://bakingbites.com/2013/09/witch-finger-grapes/
>
> nancy

Oh, those are weird! I'd try them.

--
CAPSLOCK€“Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2013 7:08 PM, Tara wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 18:56:54 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>

>> How about these grapes for Halloween?
>>
>> http://bakingbites.com/2013/09/witch-finger-grapes/

> Fun! They can go alongside my witch finger breadsticks.
>
> http://www.marthastewart.com/316427/...-and-mens-toes
>
> Tara

Those are strange too, but fun. Wow, FF didn't like that site at all.

--
CAPSLOCK€“Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2013 7:08 PM, Tara wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 18:56:54 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>

>> How about these grapes for Halloween?
>>
>> http://bakingbites.com/2013/09/witch-finger-grapes/

> Fun! They can go alongside my witch finger breadsticks.
>
> http://www.marthastewart.com/316427/...-and-mens-toes

Ha, that would be fun.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2013 5:56 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 9/3/2013 6:49 PM, Tara wrote:
>
>> The grapes were fun to try.

> How about these grapes for Halloween?
>
> http://bakingbites.com/2013/09/witch-finger-grapes/
>
> nancy

Have not tried these grapes, I have only seen them in pictures. They say
they are a blend between European grapes and Native American grapes.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/4/2013 3:32 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
> On 9/3/2013 5:56 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>> How about these grapes for Halloween?
>>
>> http://bakingbites.com/2013/09/witch-finger-grapes/

> Have not tried these grapes, I have only seen them in pictures. They say
> they are a blend between European grapes and Native American grapes.

Oh! Interesting. I saw them on some show, they said they tasted
good but who knows. Some people probably like cotton candy grapes,
too.

I'm going to keep an eye out for them. To continue with the Halloween
theme. Heh.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/4/2013 3:09 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 9/4/2013 3:32 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
>> On 9/3/2013 5:56 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> How about these grapes for Halloween?
>>>
>>> http://bakingbites.com/2013/09/witch-finger-grapes/

>> Have not tried these grapes, I have only seen them in pictures. They say
>> they are a blend between European grapes and Native American grapes.

> Oh! Interesting. I saw them on some show, they said they tasted
> good but who knows. Some people probably like cotton candy grapes,
> too.
>
> I'm going to keep an eye out for them. To continue with the Halloween
> theme. Heh.
>
> nancy

Speaking of Halloween, I like those "fingers" made out of rolled sugar
cookie dough, with a sliced almond for the fingernail. How fun.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2013 8:16 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 9/3/2013 6:56 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 9/3/2013 6:49 PM, Tara wrote:
>>
>>> The grapes were fun to try.

>> How about these grapes for Halloween?
>>
>> http://bakingbites.com/2013/09/witch-finger-grapes/

> Oh, those are weird! I'd try them.

This morning we went to the produce place and Ron caught my
eye trying to show me something. What's up with this? A
plastic bag of grapes, when I got closer I see they are the
cotton candy grapes. Next to them, in the same kind of bag
only different color lettering, witches fingers grapes. Clearly
brought to us by the same outfit.

No, I didn't buy the witches fingers grapes though they looked
cool. $4.99 a pound and the bag was probably a pound and a half,
two pounds. I really didn't feel comfortable taking some out
but I didn't want 10 bucks of grapes, either.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Repost.

On 9/3/2013 8:16 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 9/3/2013 6:56 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 9/3/2013 6:49 PM, Tara wrote:
>>
>>> The grapes were fun to try.

>> How about these grapes for Halloween?
>>
>> http://bakingbites.com/2013/09/witch-finger-grapes/

> Oh, those are weird! I'd try them.

This morning we went to the produce place and Ron caught my
eye trying to show me something. What's up with this? A
plastic bag of grapes, when I got closer I see they are the
cotton candy grapes. Next to them, in the same kind of bag
only different color lettering, witches fingers grapes. Clearly
brought to us by the same outfit.

No, I didn't buy the witches fingers grapes though they looked
cool. $4.99 a pound and the bag was probably a pound and a half,
two pounds. I really didn't feel comfortable taking some out
but I didn't want 10 bucks of grapes, either.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/6/2013 12:18 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

> This morning we went to the produce place and Ron caught my
> eye trying to show me something. What's up with this? A
> plastic bag of grapes, when I got closer I see they are the
> cotton candy grapes.

I was among the shoppers at Sprouts who were offered Cotton Candy grapes
to taste. They did taste incredibly like cotton candy, not as awful as
I expected. The problem is they didn't taste like GRAPES.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/6/2013 10:31 PM, gloria p wrote:
> On 9/6/2013 12:18 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>

>> This morning we went to the produce place and Ron caught my
>> eye trying to show me something. What's up with this? A
>> plastic bag of grapes, when I got closer I see they are the
>> cotton candy grapes.

> I was among the shoppers at Sprouts who were offered Cotton Candy grapes
> to taste. They did taste incredibly like cotton candy, not as awful as
> I expected. The problem is they didn't taste like GRAPES.

Yeah, on one hand I wish they were handing out samples, at the
same time I really don't want cotton candy flavor grapes.

They might taste better than witches fingers!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria p" > wrote in message
> On 9/6/2013 12:18 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>

>> This morning we went to the produce place and Ron caught my
>> eye trying to show me something. What's up with this? A
>> plastic bag of grapes, when I got closer I see they are the
>> cotton candy grapes.

> I was among the shoppers at Sprouts who were offered Cotton Candy grapes
> to taste. They did taste incredibly like cotton candy, not as awful as I
> expected. The problem is they didn't taste like GRAPES.

What did they taste like? Are they really grapes or something else just
called grapes?
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 08:51:43 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"gloria p" > wrote in message
>> On 9/6/2013 12:18 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>>

>>> This morning we went to the produce place and Ron caught my
>>> eye trying to show me something. What's up with this? A
>>> plastic bag of grapes, when I got closer I see they are the
>>> cotton candy grapes.

>> I was among the shoppers at Sprouts who were offered Cotton Candy grapes
>> to taste. They did taste incredibly like cotton candy, not as awful as I
>> expected. The problem is they didn't taste like GRAPES.

>What did they taste like? Are they really grapes or something else just
>called grapes?

Cotton candy AKA fairy floss by the looks of it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 08:51:43 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:

>>> I was among the shoppers at Sprouts who were offered Cotton Candy grapes
>>> to taste. They did taste incredibly like cotton candy, not as awful as
>>> expected. The problem is they didn't taste like GRAPES.

>>What did they taste like? Are they really grapes or something else just
>>called grapes?

> Cotton candy AKA fairy floss by the looks of it.

Ahh thanks I know what that is, but how does it translate to grapes?

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Young[_6_] View Post
Repost.

On 9/3/2013 6:49 PM, Tara wrote:

The grapes were fun to try.

How about these grapes for Halloween?

Witch Finger Grapes | Baking Bites

Oh, those are weird! I'd try them.

This morning we went to the produce place and Ron caught my
eye trying to show me something. What's up with this? A
plastic bag of grapes, when I got closer I see they are the
cotton candy grapes. Next to them, in the same kind of bag
only different color lettering, witches fingers grapes. Clearly
brought to us by the same outfit.

No, I didn't buy the witches fingers grapes though they looked
cool. $4.99 a pound and the bag was probably a pound and a half,
two pounds. I really didn't feel comfortable taking some out
but I didn't want 10 bucks of grapes, either.

nancy
Yeah grapes sounds citric i am sure children doesn't like. Instead of trying out of cotton candy grapes you can have cotton candy which is only made with sugar that will be very sweet to eat. Especially warm cotton candy is best in these winter.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/7/2013 6:22 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Jeßus" > wrote

>> On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 08:51:43 +0100, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:

>>> What did they taste like? Are they really grapes or something else just
>>> called grapes?

>> Cotton candy AKA fairy floss by the looks of it.

> Ahh thanks I know what that is, but how does it translate to grapes?

The grapes have been bred to taste like cotton candy. They are
real grapes. I suppose the idea is that they would appeal to children.
I think of them as a novelty.

I don't think they are like grapples, which are regular apples that are
infused with grape flavor. I've never tried those, either. If I wanted
grape flavor, I'd buy grapes and not the candy flavor grapes.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 9/7/2013 6:22 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Jeßus" > wrote

>>> On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 08:51:43 +0100, "Ophelia"

>>> Cotton candy AKA fairy floss by the looks of it.

>> Ahh thanks I know what that is, but how does it translate to grapes?

> The grapes have been bred to taste like cotton candy. They are
> real grapes. I suppose the idea is that they would appeal to children.
> I think of them as a novelty.

Thanks for that. I was beginning to think they were tiny pieces of cotton
candy formed to look like grapes)

btw we call it candy floss!

> I don't think they are like grapples, which are regular apples that are
> infused with grape flavor. I've never tried those, either. If I wanted
> grape flavor, I'd buy grapes and not the candy flavor grapes.

So would I! Seems a very odd thing to do
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> The grapes have been bred to taste like cotton candy. They are
> real grapes. I suppose the idea is that they would appeal to children.
> I think of them as a novelty.
>
> I don't think they are like grapples, which are regular apples that are
> infused with grape flavor. I've never tried those, either. If I wanted
> grape flavor, I'd buy grapes and not the candy flavor grapes.

I'm holding out for the Reeses Peanut Butter cup grapes.
I did by a stick of chapstick with that flavor once.
I never used it but the smell was right on.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 08:06:02 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 9/7/2013 6:22 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Jeßus" > wrote

>>> On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 08:51:43 +0100, "Ophelia"

>>> Cotton candy AKA fairy floss by the looks of it.

>> Ahh thanks I know what that is, but how does it translate to grapes?

>The grapes have been bred to taste like cotton candy.

I wasn't expecting that!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 13:24:10 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> On 9/7/2013 6:22 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> "Jeßus" > wrote

>>> Ahh thanks I know what that is, but how does it translate to grapes?

>> The grapes have been bred to taste like cotton candy. They are
>> real grapes. I suppose the idea is that they would appeal to children.
>> I think of them as a novelty.

>Thanks for that. I was beginning to think they were tiny pieces of cotton
>candy formed to look like grapes)

That's what I was thinking myself...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/7/2013 4:34 PM, Jeßus wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 08:06:02 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 9/7/2013 6:22 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> "Jeßus" > wrote

>>> Ahh thanks I know what that is, but how does it translate to grapes?

>> The grapes have been bred to taste like cotton candy.

> I wasn't expecting that!

Isn't cotton candy/fluff just spun sugar? Why would anyone want a grape
to taste like that?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On 9/7/2013 4:34 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 08:06:02 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> The grapes have been bred to taste like cotton candy.

>> I wasn't expecting that!

It's a sight to see!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 16:41:09 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 9/7/2013 4:34 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 08:06:02 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> The grapes have been bred to taste like cotton candy.

>> I wasn't expecting that!
>>

>Isn't cotton candy/fluff just spun sugar? Why would anyone want a grape
>to taste like that?

I've absolutely no idea, but then I think the same thing with a lot of
'food' items.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 13:24:10 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:

>>> The grapes have been bred to taste like cotton candy. They are
>>> real grapes. I suppose the idea is that they would appeal to children.
>>> I think of them as a novelty.

>>Thanks for that. I was beginning to think they were tiny pieces of
>>cotton
>>candy formed to look like grapes)

> That's what I was thinking myself...

<g> not just me then)

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Cotton Candy :-) z z General Cooking 36 17-05-2012 02:59 PM
Cotton candy ice cream creations Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 0 16-05-2012 06:32 PM
Chocolate In A Cotton Candy Machine Mark Thorson Chocolate 15 15-10-2008 03:48 PM
Chocolate In A Cotton Candy Machine Mark Thorson General Cooking 17 15-10-2008 03:48 PM
COTTON CANDY QUENTINEER1 General Cooking 15 24-12-2003 02:56 AM