Banned

Default Chili con carne

Hi All

I'm looking for a chili con carne recipe using beef brisket rather than mince - does anyone have and decent recipes to use?

All the best.

Foodheaven
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodheaven View Post
Hi All

I'm looking for a chili con carne recipe using beef brisket rather than mince - does anyone have and decent recipes to use?

All the best.

Foodheaven
For typical Texas Red this place can fix you up. Try Randy Moore's recipe.

Recipes From Past TICC Champions

If you want something a bit lighter and more exotic try some of these. Dago Red's Wop'n Good Chili is a good choice.

ICS | International Chili Society
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Foodheaven > wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I'm looking for a chili con carne recipe using beef brisket rather than
> mince - does anyone have and decent recipes to use?

Yes.

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:07:01 AM UTC-5, bigwheel wrote:
> Foodheaven;1853045 Wrote:
>
> > Hi All

> > I'm looking for a chili con carne recipe using beef brisket rather than

> > mince - does anyone have and decent recipes to use?

> > All the best.

> > Foodheaven

> For typical Texas Red this place can fix you up. Try Randy Moore's
>
> recipe.
>

> 'Recipes From Past TICC Champions' (http://www.chili.org/recipes.html)
>

> If you want something a bit lighter and more exotic try some of these.
>
> Dago Red's Wop'n Good Chili is a good choice.
>

> 'ICS | International Chili Society'
>
> (http://www.chilicookoff.com/Recipe/R...ipes.asp?Cat=1)

You don't have to both fat and ugly to win that competition (but it looks like it helps), just willing to dump a bunch of powdered stuff in at various
times. These fart for brains in the Chili Society are so subnormal that
they have recipes that have "Beef Bullion," and "Chicken Bullion." Must
be some valuable as animals. You also have to love the way this clown
*dumps* in his powders. He takes four dumps into his chili.

http://www.chili.org/rfoltz.html
Could there be a more incestuous group outside of these folks--
http://www.asstr.org/~synette/

> --
>
> bigwheel

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Vegan Earthworm Holocaust wrote:

> You don't have to both fat and ugly to win that competition (but it looks like it helps), just willing to dump a bunch of powdered stuff in at various
>
> times. These fart for brains in the Chili Society are so subnormal that
>
> they have recipes that have "Beef Bullion," and "Chicken Bullion." Must
>
> be some valuable as animals. You also have to love the way this clown
>
> *dumps* in his powders. He takes four dumps into his chili.

> Could there be a more incestuous group outside of these folks--

I would like to try some of that competition chile without having to be a part of the festival. I can't claim to know what good chile is, but I can say that most foods have too many ingredients in them and I have noticed that the most satisfying meals are the simplest ones.

I was just kidding when I said I wouldn't like to be at the festival. Truth is, I am going to be there. I'll fly in for a day, then fly out to Minnesota for the annual perogie contest, then west to California for the Gilroy Garlic Festival. That's all I do since I hit the lottery, take plane flights to one food festival after another. When there is no food festival activity available I usually find a film festival or a local wine or cheese tasting festival to keep me busy till the next food festival comes along.. As for the chile contest in Texas, I'll be making my insect chile this year, never before done. They'll love it. And they will not be told what they ate until after they ate it.

TJ

Banned

Thanks everyone - I am going to be cooking it this weekend so will let you all know how it goes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-08-15 19:52:11 +0000, Foodheaven said:

> Thanks everyone - I am going to be cooking it this weekend so will let
> you all know how it goes.

Don't forget a half-cup of strong fresh-brewed coffee!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:12:17 -0700, gtr > wrote:

> On 2013-08-15 19:52:11 +0000, Foodheaven said:
>
> > Thanks everyone - I am going to be cooking it this weekend so will let
> > you all know how it goes.

> Don't forget a half-cup of strong fresh-brewed coffee!

I need to try that the next time I make chili.

Chili sin carne con Fontignac Opinicus[_3_] General Cooking 3 07-02-2016 10:59 PM
Chunky chili con carne meh Recipes 1 18-11-2013 02:32 AM
Speaking of Chili, anybody got a Chili con Carne recipe featuring smoked brisket? Chef Juke Barbecue 3 18-08-2006 07:00 PM
Crockpot Chili Con Carne Michele Recipes (moderated) 0 03-06-2005 02:33 AM
chili-con-carne bodacious Mexican Cooking 4 03-11-2004 12:32 AM