Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pots and pans.

In article >, j Burns >
wrote:

> On 7/29/13 11:55 AM, Michael Press wrote:
> > This is a public forum and I do not know who is listening.
> > I recommend that anybody undertaking this method of seasoning
> > cast iron only use raw filtered flax seed oil from the the
> > refrigerated shelves of a grocery store. Anything else is risky
> > and has no benefit.

> Did you bother to read the page you gave us?

I know that you did not read it all for understanding.

> The blogger says she's a neophyte. Having no idea what she was doing,
> she tried a mixture of organic avocado oil and strained drippings from
> organic bacon. She failed.
>
> She says she got the idea for flax seed oil from a guy who found that
> linseed oil from the hardware store gives the hardest surface of
> anything he's tried. Why do you say it has no benefit?

I say that using hardware store linseed oil has no benefit
over grocery store raw filtered flax seed oil from the
refrigerator shelves for seasoning cast iron. I say it
because it is true.

> As a neophyte, she wasn't sure if it was safe. Obviously, she never
> heard of Material Safety Data Sheets.

Obviously you do not see the point of my message up there
even though I spelled it out. Sheryl Canter sees it the
way I do. Do not say things that carry a high risk that
somebody will poison themselves on the basis of the statement.
Rather, emphasize the risks of doing the wrong thing and
state the safe course.

> Do you buy drinking water at the grocery store?

Oh good. Proof by analogy. Want me to shoot the holes in that
or do you think you are competent and willing to do the job yourself?

> I drink tap water. It
> is regularly tested, so I know it's safe.

Ah! You anticipated my challenge and gave
the lie to the question you asked me about
drinking water.

> Jerry used to post a lot here. He told me about raw linseed oil years
> ago. He was right, as usual.

Proof by authority. Of what I do not know.

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 08:55:56 -0700, Michael Press >
wrote:

>This is a public forum and I do not know who is listening.
>I recommend that anybody undertaking this method of seasoning
>cast iron only use raw filtered flax seed oil from the the
>refrigerated shelves of a grocery store. Anything else is risky
>and has no benefit.

I don't doubt that it would work, but I've just fried a pound of bacon
to season CI pans. Done.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 08:55:56 -0700, Michael Press >
> wrote:
>

> >This is a public forum and I do not know who is listening.
> >I recommend that anybody undertaking this method of seasoning
> >cast iron only use raw filtered flax seed oil from the the
> >refrigerated shelves of a grocery store. Anything else is risky
> >and has no benefit.

> I don't doubt that it would work, but I've just fried a pound of bacon
> to season CI pans. Done.

Things work out how they do.
You do not know how things have worked out for me,
whereas I have done it the way you do and know how that works.

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Press wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Michael Press wrote:
>> >
>> >This is a public forum and I do not know who is listening.
>> >I recommend that anybody undertaking this method of seasoning
>> >cast iron only use raw filtered flax seed oil from the the
>> >refrigerated shelves of a grocery store. Anything else is risky
>> >and has no benefit.

>> I don't doubt that it would work, but I've just fried a pound of bacon
>> to season CI pans. Done.

>Things work out how they do.
>You do not know how things have worked out for me,
>whereas I have done it the way you do and know how that works.

Seems you post here only to exercise your keyboard and for no other
reason whatsoever... you never contribute anything worthwhile, just
inane and verbose gibberish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Brooklyn1 > wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> > Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> I don't doubt that it would work, but I've just fried a pound of bacon
> >> to season CI pans. Done.

> >Things work out how they do.
> >You do not know how things have worked out for me,
> >whereas I have done it the way you do and know how that works.

> Seems you post here only to exercise your keyboard and for no other
> reason whatsoever... you never contribute anything worthwhile, just
> inane and verbose gibberish.

And you get to read it.

--
Michael Press