FoodBanter.com

-   -   english muffin curse (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/425005-english-muffin-curse.html)

tert in seattle 24-07-2013 07:52 PM

english muffin curse

I really do think of Andy every time I toast an English muffin. This
one is by default in honor of the dearly departed and his enduring effect
on my psyche. The "hastening death" special - egg, bacon, and cheap
cheddar cheese.

http://www.ftupet.com/upload/andymembfst.jpg

sf[_9_] 24-07-2013 09:50 PM

english muffin curse

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 20:32:25 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

> On 24-Jul-2013, tert in seattle > wrote:
>
> > I really do think of Andy every time I toast an English muffin. This
> > one is by default in honor of the dearly departed and his enduring
> > effect
> > on my psyche. The "hastening death" special - egg, bacon, and cheap
> > cheddar cheese.
> >
> > http://www.ftupet.com/upload/andymembfst.jpg

> I'd eat that.

Me too.

[email protected] 24-07-2013 10:04 PM

english muffin curse

On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:52:24 AM UTC-7, tert in seattle wrote:
> I really do think of Andy every time I toast an English muffin. This
> one is by default in honor of the dearly departed and his enduring effect
> on my psyche. The "hastening death" special - egg, bacon, and cheap
> cheddar cheese.
>
> http://www.ftupet.com/upload/andymembfst.jpg

Used to make fried egg and bacon sandwiches all the time. But used a toastable sandwich bread, not a muffin, which I prefer with butter and a little marmalade.

Did I ever mention the hot dog and egg sandwich at the plant cafeteria where I worked, a couple of summers? They would split the dog and grill it. That would certainly keep you going all morning.

Tara 25-07-2013 12:18 AM

english muffin curse

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 18:52:24 +0000, tert in seattle wrote:

> I really do think of Andy every time I toast an English muffin. This
> one is by default in honor of the dearly departed and his enduring
> effect on my psyche. The "hastening death" special - egg, bacon, and
> cheap cheddar cheese.
>
> http://www.ftupet.com/upload/andymembfst.jpg

That looks delicious!

Tara

Tara 25-07-2013 12:21 AM

english muffin curse

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:04:09 -0700, spamtrap1888 wrote:

> Did I ever mention the hot dog and egg sandwich at the plant cafeteria
> where I worked, a couple of summers? They would split the dog and grill
> it. That would certainly keep you going all morning.

A gas station on the way to work sells hot links -- cheapy cheapy bright
red smoked sausages that taste like hot dogs -- on Texas toast or
biscuits.

Tara

jmcquown[_2_] 25-07-2013 12:33 AM

english muffin curse

On 7/24/2013 4:32 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 24-Jul-2013, tert in seattle > wrote:
>
>> I really do think of Andy every time I toast an English muffin. This
>> one is by default in honor of the dearly departed and his enduring
>> effect
>> on my psyche. The "hastening death" special - egg, bacon, and cheap
>> cheddar cheese.
>>
>> http://www.ftupet.com/upload/andymembfst.jpg

> I'd eat that.

I would, too! I'd probably make it a biscuit sandwich, though...

Jill