Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A nice article about pulled pork

I especially like this idea:

"With melted cheese. Mark Stevens in NJ says he takes "A nice bit of
pulled pork, a thin slice of onion, a slice of pepper jack cheese, a
good glug of Hoboken Eddies Mean Green Roasted Pepper Sauce" and puts it
all on buttered white bread. He then places the sandwich in a pie iron,
butter side out, and cooks it over a fire until golden brown and the
cheese is melted."

Lots of other cooking and serving ideas for both just-smoked or leftover
pulled pork.

This one sounds great for leftover pulled pork:
"Trace D Hillman says "I made egg muffins. Beat eggs, a little milk,
salt cheese, leftover pulled pork, bake in muffin tins for 20 minutes at
400°F." The full recipe and a photo are on his blog."

http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/p...lled_pork.html

I didn't end up smoking my sale pork roast, I slow cooked it. No
seasonings other than salt and pepper. The sauce and seasonings will
come at serving time. It sure looks perdy and a taste test while
removing the bone and fat told me enough to know it's going to be good.
I'll use it tomorrow.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I liked the main part about pulled pork. No nonsense info. But, got
no time for the pulled-pork-plus sillines. Jes can't abide no eggs or
cheese on my pulled pork. I wanna taste nothin' butt!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 20 Jul 2013 12:19:54 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I liked the main part about pulled pork. No nonsense info. But, got
>no time for the pulled-pork-plus sillines. Jes can't abide no eggs or
>cheese on my pulled pork. I wanna taste nothin' butt!
>
>nb

Pulled pork is like manna from heaven! Once at the end of an evening
of drunken celebration of a wedding reception I made a real impression
on some folks by eating pulled pork out of a plastic cup with a fork
(the only utensils I could find) while (surprising to them) I
drunkenly babbled about pretty complex scientific stuff!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 22:20:09 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> I didn't end up smoking my sale pork roast, I slow cooked it. No
> seasonings other than salt and pepper. The sauce and seasonings will
> come at serving time. It sure looks perdy and a taste test while
> removing the bone and fat told me enough to know it's going to be good.
> I'll use it tomorrow.

That's what I do too. Oven cook a pork butt slowly in a covered dutch
oven. Barely any seasoning... I've decided I don't like a "rub" on it
because I don't like the sugar or the chili powder; so I dry roast it
with salt & pepper, garlic and thyme. When I want to change it up, I
use a little beer or apple juice to braise it at the same slow pace.
All of the above are delicious (AFAIC) and the finished pork pulls
beautifully. I buy the biggest pork butt I can find, which is not
much more than 3+ pounds. For some reason, the bigger ones only seem
to come in packages of two and I don't even see that very often.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl[_3_] View Post
I especially like this idea:

"With melted cheese. Mark Stevens in NJ says he takes "A nice bit of
pulled pork, a thin slice of onion, a slice of pepper jack cheese, a
good glug of Hoboken Eddies Mean Green Roasted Pepper Sauce" and puts it
all on buttered white bread. He then places the sandwich in a pie iron,
butter side out, and cooks it over a fire until golden brown and the
cheese is melted."

Lots of other cooking and serving ideas for both just-smoked or leftover
pulled pork.

This one sounds great for leftover pulled pork:
"Trace D Hillman says "I made egg muffins. Beat eggs, a little milk,
salt cheese, leftover pulled pork, bake in muffin tins for 20 minutes at
400°F." The full recipe and a photo are on his blog."

Perfect Pulled Pork From Pork Butt Recipe

I didn't end up smoking my sale pork roast, I slow cooked it. No
seasonings other than salt and pepper. The sauce and seasonings will
come at serving time. It sure looks perdy and a taste test while
removing the bone and fat told me enough to know it's going to be good.
I'll use it tomorrow.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Sounds mighty yummy to me. Is this Mark "Runs with Scissors" Stevens? He's famous. Joisey huh? Which Exit?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:19:54 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

> I liked the main part about pulled pork. No nonsense info. But, got
>
> no time for the pulled-pork-plus sillines. Jes can't abide no eggs or
>
> cheese on my pulled pork. I wanna taste nothin' butt!
>

> nb

I'm with Bob, why mess up a great dish with all that added garbage. Blech!

Nice article on milk fat Todd Diabetic 0 05-12-2013 01:15 AM
nice article on salt Todd Diabetic 109 28-06-2013 06:29 PM
Nice article - Dee Dee General Cooking 1 09-09-2007 09:34 PM
nice article John Coleman Vegan 0 22-09-2004 11:12 PM