FoodBanter.com

-   -   A nice article about pulled pork (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/424953-nice-article-about-pulled.html)

Cheryl[_3_] 20-07-2013 03:20 AM

A nice article about pulled pork

I especially like this idea:

"With melted cheese. Mark Stevens in NJ says he takes "A nice bit of
pulled pork, a thin slice of onion, a slice of pepper jack cheese, a
good glug of Hoboken Eddies Mean Green Roasted Pepper Sauce" and puts it
all on buttered white bread. He then places the sandwich in a pie iron,
butter side out, and cooks it over a fire until golden brown and the
cheese is melted."

Lots of other cooking and serving ideas for both just-smoked or leftover
pulled pork.

This one sounds great for leftover pulled pork:
"Trace D Hillman says "I made egg muffins. Beat eggs, a little milk,
salt cheese, leftover pulled pork, bake in muffin tins for 20 minutes at
400°F." The full recipe and a photo are on his blog."

http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/p...lled_pork.html

I didn't end up smoking my sale pork roast, I slow cooked it. No
seasonings other than salt and pepper. The sauce and seasonings will
come at serving time. It sure looks perdy and a taste test while
removing the bone and fat told me enough to know it's going to be good.
I'll use it tomorrow.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

notbob 20-07-2013 01:19 PM

A nice article about pulled pork

I liked the main part about pulled pork. No nonsense info. But, got
no time for the pulled-pork-plus sillines. Jes can't abide no eggs or
cheese on my pulled pork. I wanna taste nothin' butt! ;)

nb

John Kuthe[_2_] 20-07-2013 01:34 PM

On 20 Jul 2013 12:19:54 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I liked the main part about pulled pork. No nonsense info. But, got
>no time for the pulled-pork-plus sillines. Jes can't abide no eggs or
>cheese on my pulled pork. I wanna taste nothin' butt! ;)
>
>nb

Pulled pork is like manna from heaven! Once at the end of an evening
of drunken celebration of a wedding reception I made a real impression
on some folks by eating pulled pork out of a plastic cup with a fork
(the only utensils I could find) while (surprising to them) I
drunkenly babbled about pretty complex scientific stuff!

John Kuthe...

sf[_9_] 20-07-2013 02:18 PM

A nice article about pulled pork

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 22:20:09 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> I didn't end up smoking my sale pork roast, I slow cooked it. No
> seasonings other than salt and pepper. The sauce and seasonings will
> come at serving time. It sure looks perdy and a taste test while
> removing the bone and fat told me enough to know it's going to be good.
> I'll use it tomorrow.

That's what I do too. Oven cook a pork butt slowly in a covered dutch
oven. Barely any seasoning... I've decided I don't like a "rub" on it
because I don't like the sugar or the chili powder; so I dry roast it
with salt & pepper, garlic and thyme. When I want to change it up, I
use a little beer or apple juice to braise it at the same slow pace.
All of the above are delicious (AFAIC) and the finished pork pulls
beautifully. I buy the biggest pork butt I can find, which is not
much more than 3+ pounds. For some reason, the bigger ones only seem
to come in packages of two and I don't even see that very often.

bigwheel 20-07-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl[_3_] (Post 1850228)
I especially like this idea:

"With melted cheese. Mark Stevens in NJ says he takes "A nice bit of
pulled pork, a thin slice of onion, a slice of pepper jack cheese, a
good glug of Hoboken Eddies Mean Green Roasted Pepper Sauce" and puts it
all on buttered white bread. He then places the sandwich in a pie iron,
butter side out, and cooks it over a fire until golden brown and the
cheese is melted."

Lots of other cooking and serving ideas for both just-smoked or leftover
pulled pork.

This one sounds great for leftover pulled pork:
"Trace D Hillman says "I made egg muffins. Beat eggs, a little milk,
salt cheese, leftover pulled pork, bake in muffin tins for 20 minutes at
400°F." The full recipe and a photo are on his blog."

Perfect Pulled Pork From Pork Butt Recipe

I didn't end up smoking my sale pork roast, I slow cooked it. No
seasonings other than salt and pepper. The sauce and seasonings will
come at serving time. It sure looks perdy and a taste test while
removing the bone and fat told me enough to know it's going to be good.
I'll use it tomorrow.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Sounds mighty yummy to me. Is this Mark "Runs with Scissors" Stevens? He's famous. Joisey huh? Which Exit?

[email protected][_2_] 21-07-2013 02:20 AM

On Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:19:54 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

> I liked the main part about pulled pork. No nonsense info. But, got
>
> no time for the pulled-pork-plus sillines. Jes can't abide no eggs or
>
> cheese on my pulled pork. I wanna taste nothin' butt! ;)
>

> nb

I'm with Bob, why mess up a great dish with all that added garbage. Blech!