Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default Chilean steelhead

The farm-raised Chilean steelhead have been outstanding the past few
years, flavorful, fresh, with amazing flesh texture and in large enough
fillets that broil up very nicely without drying out.

We find them at:

http://sprouts.com/stores

If you don't have one of these stores near you, you're missing out on a
wealth of fresh produce and a very well-provisioned meat department with
superbly competitive pricing.

Not the largest square foot retailer by a long shot, but also not as
smash-cart crazy as a Trader Joe's can be.

Vitamin selection is superior and the 25% off sale can not be topped.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:23:24 -0600, casa bona > wrote:

> The farm-raised Chilean steelhead have been outstanding the past few
> years, flavorful, fresh, with amazing flesh texture and in large enough
> fillets that broil up very nicely without drying out.
>
> We find them at:
>
> http://sprouts.com/stores
>
> If you don't have one of these stores near you, you're missing out on a
> wealth of fresh produce and a very well-provisioned meat department with
> superbly competitive pricing.

I don't have a Sprouts within 25 miles of my house (the closest
Walmart is closer to me than the closest Sprouts - which says
volumes), but I was unimpressed the single time I was inside the one I
found and have no burning desire to return.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 12, 2013 3:08:41 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:23:24 -0600, casa bona > wrote:
>

> > The farm-raised Chilean steelhead have been outstanding the past few

> > years, flavorful, fresh, with amazing flesh texture and in large enough

> > fillets that broil up very nicely without drying out.

> > We find them at:

> > http://sprouts.com/stores

> > If you don't have one of these stores near you, you're missing out on a

> > wealth of fresh produce and a very well-provisioned meat department with

> > superbly competitive pricing.

> I don't have a Sprouts within 25 miles of my house (the closest
>
> Walmart is closer to me than the closest Sprouts - which says
>
> volumes), but I was unimpressed the single time I was inside the one I
>
> found and have no burning desire to return.

I cannot understand how Sprouts survives a a business. Their fish is very poor quality, their meat is inferior, they have no decent cheese, etc., and the one I've visited in Sunnyvale, CA has terrible service.

http://www.richardfisher.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2013 1:08 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:23:24 -0600, casa bona > wrote:
>
>> The farm-raised Chilean steelhead have been outstanding the past few
>> years, flavorful, fresh, with amazing flesh texture and in large enough
>> fillets that broil up very nicely without drying out.
>>
>> We find them at:
>>
>> http://sprouts.com/stores
>>
>> If you don't have one of these stores near you, you're missing out on a
>> wealth of fresh produce and a very well-provisioned meat department with
>> superbly competitive pricing.

> I don't have a Sprouts within 25 miles of my house (the closest
> Walmart is closer to me than the closest Sprouts - which says
> volumes), but I was unimpressed the single time I was inside the one I
> found and have no burning desire to return.

I'm surprised, but then I'm not up enough on your market to know what
the comps are.

I think of them as the working man's Whole Foods.

Chilean steelhead casa bona[_2_] Barbecue 0 12-07-2013 05:23 AM
Steelhead Size/Quality/Source Grading? Sqwertz General Cooking 3 01-03-2010 11:31 PM
Chilean crop Tom[_1_] Winemaking 14 26-04-2007 08:31 PM
Steelhead for supper!!! [email protected] Recipes 3 14-02-2007 11:21 PM
Steelhead for supper!!! damamasan General Cooking 3 17-07-2006 02:06 PM