FoodBanter.com

-   -   Coolest cutting board......ever (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/424397-coolest-cutting-board-ever.html)

ImStillMags 09-06-2013 05:30 PM

Coolest cutting board......ever

I would love to buy one but I can't find that it is for sale anywhere.

http://www.thezooom.com/2012/07/3619/

sf[_9_] 09-06-2013 06:11 PM

Coolest cutting board......ever

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 09:30:32 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> I would love to buy one but I can't find that it is for sale anywhere.
>
> http://www.thezooom.com/2012/07/3619/

It's an interesting idea, but it's still just a concept.
http://www.mirror.leftfree.com/2013/...mbedded-scale/
http://www.bitrebels.com/technology/...mbedded-scale/

notbob 09-06-2013 07:01 PM

Coolest cutting board......ever

On 2013-06-09, ImStillMags > wrote:
> I would love to buy one but I can't find that it is for sale anywhere.
>
> http://www.thezooom.com/2012/07/3619/

It's merely a design concept. Check back in 2007:

http://www.designboom.com/project/cutting-scale/

nb

James Silverton[_4_] 09-06-2013 07:06 PM

Coolest cutting board......ever

On 6/9/2013 2:01 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2013-06-09, ImStillMags > wrote:
>> I would love to buy one but I can't find that it is for sale anywhere.
>>
>> http://www.thezooom.com/2012/07/3619/

> It's merely a design concept. Check back in 2007:
>
> http://www.designboom.com/project/cutting-scale/
>

> nb

Very neat; I'd like one!
But would it take the pounding of a chopping knife?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.

sf[_9_] 09-06-2013 07:27 PM

Coolest cutting board......ever

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 14:06:19 -0400, James Silverton
> wrote:

> On 6/9/2013 2:01 PM, notbob wrote:
> > On 2013-06-09, ImStillMags > wrote:
> >> I would love to buy one but I can't find that it is for sale anywhere.
> >>
> >> http://www.thezooom.com/2012/07/3619/

> > It's merely a design concept. Check back in 2007:
> >
> > http://www.designboom.com/project/cutting-scale/
> >

> > nb
> >

> Very neat; I'd like one!
> But would it take the pounding of a chopping knife?

It looked to me like one end was meant for chopping and the other for
weighing: chop and push, then weigh.

Don Martinich 10-06-2013 02:50 AM

Coolest cutting board......ever

In article
ImStillMags > wrote:

> I would love to buy one but I can't find that it is for sale anywhere.
>
> http://www.thezooom.com/2012/07/3619/

Could you pound abalone on it?

Pico Rico[_2_] 10-06-2013 03:12 AM

Coolest cutting board......ever

"Don Martinich" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> ImStillMags > wrote:
>
>> I would love to buy one but I can't find that it is for sale anywhere.
>>
>> http://www.thezooom.com/2012/07/3619/

> Could you pound abalone on it?

That is along the lines of what I was thinking - how big a cleaver will it
stand up to?

John Kuthe[_2_] 10-06-2013 03:19 AM

Coolest cutting board......ever

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 09:30:32 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>I would love to buy one but I can't find that it is for sale anywhere.
>
>http://www.thezooom.com/2012/07/3619/

But it would subtract from that divine variance in a dish owing to the
innacuracy of a pinch of this and a dash of that!

John Kuthe...

sf[_9_] 10-06-2013 05:04 AM

Coolest cutting board......ever

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 18:50:10 -0700, Don Martinich >
wrote:

> In article
> >,
> ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > I would love to buy one but I can't find that it is for sale anywhere.
> >
> > http://www.thezooom.com/2012/07/3619/

> Could you pound abalone on it?

Don't act stupid.

sf[_9_] 10-06-2013 05:08 AM

Coolest cutting board......ever

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 21:19:45 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 09:30:32 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
> >I would love to buy one but I can't find that it is for sale anywhere.
> >
> >http://www.thezooom.com/2012/07/3619/

> But it would subtract from that divine variance in a dish owing to the
> innacuracy of a pinch of this and a dash of that!

John, John, John... I'm sure the rest of the world has figured out how
to weigh those things! We're just country bumpkins when it comes to
the super precise measurements used in Europe, Canada and maybe even
Australia. ;)