Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shameless self-anggrandizement

http://tinyurl.com/lh3uul6

Go girl!
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jun 7, 6:25*am, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/lh3uul6
>
> Go girl!
> Janet US

Love how the article seems to connect diabetes with butter. Please.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/7/2013 10:48 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Jun 7, 6:25 am, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/lh3uul6
>>
>> Go girl!
>> Janet US

> Love how the article seems to connect diabetes with butter. Please.

Well Paula has to blame it on *something*. Then turn it into a
marketing strategy.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-06-07, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Dog Food called "Nutrish". Is that word in the dictionary yet?

Made with EVOO?

Give it few weeks. Since the advent of the internet, the dictionary
wheezers and geezers haven't been this busy in centuries. It's like an
etymology candyland.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 07:25:23 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/lh3uul6
>
> Go girl!
> Janet US

Wow, she's looking good after losing 40 pounds! I wish she'd put her
hair back into the short hairstyle she sported for a little while;
both she and Hillary look great in short hair.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:53:33 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 6/7/2013 10:48 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
> > On Jun 7, 6:25 am, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> >> http://tinyurl.com/lh3uul6
> >>
> >> Go girl!
> >> Janet US

> > Love how the article seems to connect diabetes with butter. Please.
> >

> Well Paula has to blame it on *something*. Then turn it into a
> marketing strategy.

Those tubs are the same shape as what they sell soft butter in. I'd
like to see an ingredient label for the European style butter, so
Walgreen's here I come.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...avored-butter/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/7/2013 9:53 AM, Susan wrote:

> All you have to do is keep the butter, cut the starch and sugar, add
> colorful, high fiber veggies.
>
> Susan

Agrees with you about keeping the butter and watching the sugar and
starches.

There is something about Paula Deen that people do not like, period.
They were slamming her in this group way before we found out she was
diabetic and then sponsored diabetes medication from a Danish
pharmaceutical company. They think her accent is phoney, although I have
family and friends who sound just like her, you should hear my sister. I
have done everything I can to hide my southern accent, because it sounds
embarrassing.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
> On 6/7/2013 9:53 AM, Susan wrote:
>
>> All you have to do is keep the butter, cut the starch and sugar, add
>> colorful, high fiber veggies.
>>
>> Susan

> Agrees with you about keeping the butter and watching the sugar and
> starches.
>
> There is something about Paula Deen that people do not like, period. They
> were slamming her in this group way before we found out she was diabetic
> and then sponsored diabetes medication from a Danish pharmaceutical
> company. They think her accent is phoney, although I have family and
> friends who sound just like her, you should hear my sister. I have done
> everything I can to hide my southern accent, because it sounds
> embarrassing.

Gosh! I love a US southern accent)

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/7/2013 12:16 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jun 2013 07:48:10 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> On Jun 7, 6:25 am, Janet Bostwick > wrote:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/lh3uul6
>>>
>>> Go girl!
>>> Janet US

>> Love how the article seems to connect diabetes with butter. Please.

> Butter makes you fat, and being fat greatly increases your risk of
> diabetes.
>
> Speaking of celebrity food products, I noticed somebody in line in
> front of me at the grocery store was buying a 20lb bag of Rachel Ray
> Dog Food called "Nutrish". Is that word in the dictionary yet?
>
> -sw

I saw her talking about that years ago. I guess because she talks about
her dog a lot on her shows. I haven't watched any of her shows in a few
years but I remember her talking a lot about her pitty Boo? I think was
its name.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 14:03:18 -0500, Ema Nymton >
wrote:

>On 6/7/2013 9:53 AM, Susan wrote:
>
>> All you have to do is keep the butter, cut the starch and sugar, add
>> colorful, high fiber veggies.
>>
>> Susan

>Agrees with you about keeping the butter and watching the sugar and
>starches.
>
>There is something about Paula Deen that people do not like, period.
>They were slamming her in this group way before we found out she was
>diabetic and then sponsored diabetes medication from a Danish
>pharmaceutical company. They think her accent is phoney, although I have
>family and friends who sound just like her, you should hear my sister. I
>have done everything I can to hide my southern accent, because it sounds
>embarrassing.
>
>Becca

You should catch one of her early shows. She sounded totally
different.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/7/2013 3:37 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:

> You should catch one of her early shows. She sounded totally
> different.
> Janet US

Please give us some links, if you can find any, I can not seem to find
them. Here is a special I found on Oprah, and they did show some videos
when she was young and her hair was black. I do not remember her having
black hair, do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NrQn5FARMY

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 17:15:02 -0500, Ema Nymton >
wrote:

>On 6/7/2013 3:37 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>> You should catch one of her early shows. She sounded totally
>> different.
>> Janet US

>Please give us some links, if you can find any, I can not seem to find
>them. Here is a special I found on Oprah, and they did show some videos
>when she was young and her hair was black. I do not remember her having
>black hair, do you?
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NrQn5FARMY
>
>Becca

I don't have any links. It's just something that I observed years ago
as she was transforming. IMO. I don't believe she ever had black hair
on her show.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/7/2013 3:03 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
> There is something about Paula Deen that people do not like, period.
> They were slamming her in this group way before we found out she was
> diabetic and then sponsored diabetes medication from a Danish
> pharmaceutical company. They think her accent is phoney, although I have
> family and friends who sound just like her, you should hear my sister. I
> have done everything I can to hide my southern accent, because it sounds
> embarrassing.
>
> Becca

I've lived in the south a long time and never met anyone who talks the
way Paula Deen does. It does seem exaggerated.

Your reply reminded me of something funny. When we first moved to west
TN my middle brother put on a Southern accent so he would "fit in". I
have to say, he sounded pretty stupid.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/7/2013 4:37 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:

> You should catch one of her early shows. She sounded totally
> different.

Her accent was charming in the beginning, starting with her
appearances on Door Knock Dinners (?) and the early shows which
she recorded in some farmhouse type of building.

I always liked Paula, but I stopped watching after the
Krispy Kreme burger incident, and when I saw her at some later
time, she was pouring it on hard, with a minimum of two y'alls
per sentence and the accent was grating rather than charming.
When I see her these days, I feel like she's dialed it back
quite a bit.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Why use big words if you can't spell them?

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ema Nymton" > wrote in message

> There is something about Paula Deen that people do not like, period. They
> were slamming her in this group way before we found out she was diabetic
> and then sponsored diabetes medication from a Danish pharmaceutical
> company. They think her accent is phoney, although I have family and
> friends who sound just like her, you should hear my sister. I have done
> everything I can to hide my southern accent, because it sounds
> embarrassing.
>
> Becca

I like her a lot, always have.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 21:16:42 -0400, pltrgyst > wrote:

>Why use big words if you can't spell them?
>
>-- Larry

sorry, don't know how that slipped in there.
aggrandizement
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>There is something about Paula Deen that people do not like, period.

Yes, she is a phony.

..

>They think her accent is phoney, although I have
>family and friends who sound just like her, you should hear my sister. I
>have done everything I can to hide my southern accent, because it sounds
>embarrassing.
>
>Becca

A real southern accent is rather charming and you should not try to
hide it. She over does it and just sounds and acts like a phony. Her
two boys are no better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 7 Jun 2013 21:12:12 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
> > On 6/7/2013 9:53 AM, Susan wrote:
> >
> >> All you have to do is keep the butter, cut the starch and sugar, add
> >> colorful, high fiber veggies.
> >>
> >> Susan

> > Agrees with you about keeping the butter and watching the sugar and
> > starches.
> >
> > There is something about Paula Deen that people do not like, period. They
> > were slamming her in this group way before we found out she was diabetic
> > and then sponsored diabetes medication from a Danish pharmaceutical
> > company. They think her accent is phoney, although I have family and
> > friends who sound just like her, you should hear my sister. I have done
> > everything I can to hide my southern accent, because it sounds
> > embarrassing.

> Gosh! I love a US southern accent)

There are Southern accents and then there's Paula Deen's. Maybe you
should youtube her show sometime. She's had blood relatives on that
sound nothing like she does, heck - her own sons don't sound a bit
like her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 00:34:53 -0700, sf > wrote:

>There are Southern accents and then there's Paula Deen's. Maybe you
>should youtube her show sometime.

Just did that, she sounds as ugly as she looks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 14:03:18 -0500, Ema Nymton >
> wrote:
>

>>There is something about Paula Deen that people do not like, period.

> Yes, she is a phony.
>

> .
>
>>They think her accent is phoney, although I have
>>family and friends who sound just like her, you should hear my sister. I
>>have done everything I can to hide my southern accent, because it sounds
>>embarrassing.
>>
>>Becca

> A real southern accent is rather charming and you should not try to
> hide it. She over does it and just sounds and acts like a phony. Her
> two boys are no better.

My daughter and I have both noticed this. When she first started out, her
accent wasn't nearly as heavy and she didn't use ya'll nearly as much as she
does now. I didn't like her when I first saw her but didn't have a real
reason why. For that reason, I didn't watch her show so much. So I didn't
notice the difference until we started watching some of the old shows
compared to the new ones. We generally only have them on when there is
nothing on that we want to watch.

We have people who live here who are from the South. I had a friend from
the South. He was also in the military for a few years. People did make
fun of him and sometimes even thought he was being a smart mouth because he
tended to call people Ma'am or Sir. Perhaps partly military, perhaps partly
a Southern thing. People do refer to others here on occasion but not so
often and usually only when they are older people. I was in a store the
other day and the clerk kept trying to get he attention of a woman who was
perhaps in her 30's. Since he didn't know her name he kept switching back
and forth between Ma'am and Miss, becoming ever more screechy and hysterical
sounding. The woman kept sort of looking from side to side in a quizzical
fashion without actually turning towards here. The poor clerk finally had
to step clear around to the front of her and bug his eyes out at her before
she realized that he was talking to her. It was kind of funny.

Anyway... The people who live here that are from the South, even when they
have a heavy accent rarely ever say "ya'll". They probably say it about as
much as I do. And I do say it on occasion. I'm from the Midwest and people
there say it too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> There are Southern accents and then there's Paula Deen's. Maybe you
> should youtube her show sometime. She's had blood relatives on that
> sound nothing like she does, heck - her own sons don't sound a bit
> like her.

That's very true.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 21:16:42 -0400, pltrgyst > wrote:
>

>>Why use big words if you can't spell them?
>>
>>-- Larry

> sorry, don't know how that slipped in there.
> aggrandizement

It's called a 'typo'!
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 7 Jun 2013 21:12:12 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:

>> > Agrees with you about keeping the butter and watching the sugar and
>> > starches.
>> >
>> > There is something about Paula Deen that people do not like, period.
>> > They
>> > were slamming her in this group way before we found out she was
>> > diabetic
>> > and then sponsored diabetes medication from a Danish pharmaceutical
>> > company. They think her accent is phoney, although I have family and
>> > friends who sound just like her, you should hear my sister. I have done
>> > everything I can to hide my southern accent, because it sounds
>> > embarrassing.

>> Gosh! I love a US southern accent)
>>

> There are Southern accents and then there's Paula Deen's. Maybe you
> should youtube her show sometime. She's had blood relatives on that
> sound nothing like she does, heck - her own sons don't sound a bit
> like her.

Hmmm I think I might giver her a miss ...

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-06-08, Jeßus > wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 00:34:53 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>>There are Southern accents and then there's Paula Deen's. Maybe you
>>should youtube her show sometime.

> Just did that, she sounds as ugly as she looks.

Nonsense. This is jes dogpile on Paula. When I was stationed in TN,
I heard Southern accents that were undecipherable. Say what!?

Besides, it's all jes showbiz. "For the money, honey!"

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/8/2013 8:47 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 6/8/2013 8:33 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>> When people talk to me on the phone they expect me to sound "southern".
>> Sorry, but I really don't. I've picked up some of the inflections
>> over the years and I do say "y'all".

> I pull out some NY on the phone that I don't in real life. No idea
> why. Not that I normally sound like I'm from Ohio.
>
> nancy

What's a yoot? <giggling>

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/8/2013 8:56 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/8/2013 8:47 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 6/8/2013 8:33 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> When people talk to me on the phone they expect me to sound "southern".
>>> Sorry, but I really don't. I've picked up some of the inflections
>>> over the years and I do say "y'all".

>> I pull out some NY on the phone that I don't in real life. No idea
>> why. Not that I normally sound like I'm from Ohio.

> What's a yoot? <giggling>

(laugh) That wouldn't be me.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> Along with a bunch of weight, she looks happier all around.
>
> nancy

I think she's always looked extremely happy, that's what I like about her.
That, and her Southern accent.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8 Jun 2013 09:36:11 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> On 2013-06-08, Jeßus > wrote:
> > On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 00:34:53 -0700, sf > wrote:
> >
> >>There are Southern accents and then there's Paula Deen's. Maybe you
> >>should youtube her show sometime.

> > Just did that, she sounds as ugly as she looks.

> Nonsense. This is jes dogpile on Paula. When I was stationed in TN,
> I heard Southern accents that were undecipherable. Say what!?
>
> Besides, it's all jes showbiz. "For the money, honey!"

There's undecipherable and then there's Paula. There's a difference.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 07:39:36 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:
>
> Thing is, she was born and raised in Georgia. And, as someone else
> pointed out, so were her sons, who don't have the thick exaggerated
> accent she had adopted. And seems to have dropped, from what I've
> seen lately.
>
> Along with a bunch of weight, she looks happier all around.

I haven't cooked many recipes from Paula Deen, because the way she
cooks is not my style - but in her defense, the best "durned" cinnamon
rolls I've ever made were a Paula Deen recipe. I didn't monkey with
the dough part at all, just followed it as written. I don't remember
doing anything to the filling either, but the frosting was twice as
much as I needed. I cut the recipe for that in half and covered those
puppies well, but still had a significant amount leftover.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>
> > Along with a bunch of weight, she looks happier all around.
> >
> > nancy
> >

> I think she's always looked extremely happy, that's what I like about her.
> That, and her Southern accent.
>
> Cheri

Her *fake* southern accent. I agree with people here. Her accent is extreme
but her constant use of "y'all" is so fake and it annoys me. We all say
y'all here in Virginia but not so often as one poster mentioned....at least
two of them in each sentence.

I like Paula Deen other than the exagerated southern accent and the nice
wig.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 7, 2013 4:12:12 PM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:sister. I have done

> Gosh! I love a US southern accent)

But you would probably loathe the grammar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 7, 2013 7:41:35 PM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:

and when I saw her at some later

> time, she was pouring it on hard, with a minimum of two y'alls
>
> per sentence and the accent was grating rather than charming.

Shades of Andy Griffith in "A Face in the Crowd"? A phonier character never was filmed.

A great movie, btw - I try never to miss it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I've lived in the south a long time and never met anyone who talks the
> way Paula Deen does. It does seem exaggerated.

I've spoken with many southerners... Paula Dean's accent is definitely
not exagerated, compared to many she has a Noo Yawk Cidy accent. I
speak to people in Texas all the time, some have no detectable accent,
some have so heavy an accent I can barely understand them. More than
75% of the US military is composed of southerners, I've heard them
all. I don't really mind the southern acent, it's that they speak so
damned slow I can miss a birthday before they finish a sentence... and
they can change topics a dozen times in one breath... and not
intentionally, it's genetic... I've yet to meet a southerner who ever
finishes the topic they start... there's so much drift that after an
hour they've said absolutely nothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 06:49:07 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On 8 Jun 2013 09:36:11 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>> > Just did that, she sounds as ugly as she looks.

>> Nonsense. This is jes dogpile on Paula. When I was stationed in TN,
>> I heard Southern accents that were undecipherable. Say what!?
>>
>> Besides, it's all jes showbiz. "For the money, honey!"
>>

>There's undecipherable and then there's Paula. There's a difference.

Yeah, she's not an ignoranus like you... it's INdecipherable... you
UNeducated ****!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> On Friday, June 7, 2013 4:12:12 PM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:sister. I have
> done
>>

>> Gosh! I love a US southern accent)

> But you would probably loathe the grammar.

I haven't heard enough to know. I just love the rhythm of it. But however
bad their grammar is, I suppose their written grammar is good anyway? I
know that children here speak in a very different way than they do in
school.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 10:00:16 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Cheri wrote:
>>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>>
>> > Along with a bunch of weight, she looks happier all around.
>> >
>> > nancy
>> >

>> I think she's always looked extremely happy, that's what I like about her.
>> That, and her Southern accent.
>>
>> Cheri

>Her *fake* southern accent. I agree with people here. Her accent is extreme
>but her constant use of "y'all" is so fake and it annoys me. We all say
>y'all here in Virginia but not so often as one poster mentioned....at least
>two of them in each sentence.

Y'all is much less edjewkated than yoose.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/8/2013 10:17 AM, Kalmia wrote:
> On Friday, June 7, 2013 7:41:35 PM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:
>

> and when I saw her at some later
>>
>> time, she was pouring it on hard, with a minimum of two y'alls
>>
>> per sentence and the accent was grating rather than charming.

> Shades of Andy Griffith in "A Face in the Crowd"? A phonier character never was filmed.
>
> A great movie, btw - I try never to miss it.

"Marcia!!!! Marcia!!!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/8/2013 11:32 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 10:00:16 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>> Her *fake* southern accent. I agree with people here. Her accent is extreme
>> but her constant use of "y'all" is so fake and it annoys me. We all say
>> y'all here in Virginia but not so often as one poster mentioned....at least
>> two of them in each sentence.

> Y'all is much less edjewkated than yoose.

It was probably about a year after I moved to the South from PA that I
first found myself saying Y'all... as in "Y'all have a nice day!"

I looked at Becca and asked her if I had really said that. She smiled
and said "Y'all have been assimilated. Resistance is futile but you
tried, Bless your heart!"

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/8/2013 12:17 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> On Friday, June 7, 2013 7:41:35 PM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:
>

> and when I saw her at some later
>>
>> time, she was pouring it on hard, with a minimum of two y'alls
>>
>> per sentence and the accent was grating rather than charming.

> Shades of Andy Griffith in "A Face in the Crowd"? A phonier character never was filmed.
>
> A great movie, btw - I try never to miss it.

I put it in my queue!

nancy

Off Topic: I am shameless and transparent Melba's Jammin' Preserving 4 31-01-2006 10:43 PM
Bit of shameless advertising Big Tom General Cooking 0 14-10-2005 10:01 AM
Shameless plug Musashi Sushi 5 21-08-2004 02:46 AM
Shameless Self-Promotion maxine in ri General Cooking 20 14-08-2004 12:55 AM