Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Been a while folks

Hi everyone... some of the people who have been here a while may remember me (my condolences). To the lucky ones who don't - hi to you as well.

Coming through google groups as FIOS doesn't provide usenet servers and a very cursory search didn't turn up any free services that allowed posting privileges, only viewing. I didn't really search very hard though for the purpose of this.

I've been lurking for a bit and see that the modus operandi of the group hasn't changed a whole lot since I last visited.

I also see quite a few 'oldies' still here. Even some of the original members of the Cabal! (ducking and running)

I used to have quite a few email addresses for folks but through my own shear stupidity, lost them (don't ask)

I must wish a happy belated birthday to Sheldon! Sorry I missed your 70th. Can I assume by your handle change that you've relocated to the south?

Anyhow, moving on to why I popped back in; we're preparing for a massive house cleanout (read as: yardsale) and I ran across a virtually mint copy of the RFC Cookbook. Now, I know that I'm being stupid as it will be worth a fortune but considering the fact that I haven't changed much, and still don't use cookbooks I was wondering if there someone involved with it who may of lost their copy and would like it replaced?

--
Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve C wrote:
> Hi everyone... some of the people who have been here a while may
> remember me (my condolences). To the lucky ones who don't - hi to you
> as well.
>
> Coming through google groups as FIOS doesn't provide usenet servers
> and a very cursory search didn't turn up any free services that
> allowed posting privileges, only viewing. I didn't really search very
> hard though for the purpose of this.

<snip>

Get Eternal September.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 10:49 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Steve C wrote:
>> Hi everyone... some of the people who have been here a while may
>> remember me (my condolences). To the lucky ones who don't - hi to you
>> as well.
>>
>> Coming through google groups as FIOS doesn't provide usenet servers
>> and a very cursory search didn't turn up any free services that
>> allowed posting privileges, only viewing. I didn't really search very
>> hard though for the purpose of this.
>>

> <snip>
>
> Get Eternal September.

Thanks Julie - sorry about the private reply

--

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 12:27 PM, jay wrote:
> In article >,
> Steve C > wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone... some of the people who have been here a while may remember me
>> (my condolences). To the lucky ones who don't - hi to you as well.
>>
>> Coming through google groups as FIOS doesn't provide usenet servers and a
>> very cursory search didn't turn up any free services that allowed posting
>> privileges, only viewing. I didn't really search very hard though for the
>> purpose of this.
>>
>> I've been lurking for a bit and see that the modus operandi of the group
>> hasn't changed a whole lot since I last visited.
>>
>> I also see quite a few 'oldies' still here. Even some of the original members
>> of the Cabal! (ducking and running)
>>
>> I used to have quite a few email addresses for folks but through my own
>> shear stupidity, lost them (don't ask)
>>
>> I must wish a happy belated birthday to Sheldon! Sorry I missed your 70th.
>> Can I assume by your handle change that you've relocated to the south?
>>
>> Anyhow, moving on to why I popped back in; we're preparing for a massive
>> house cleanout (read as: yardsale) and I ran across a virtually mint copy of
>> the RFC Cookbook. Now, I know that I'm being stupid as it will be worth a
>> fortune but considering the fact that I haven't changed much, and still don't
>> use cookbooks I was wondering if there someone involved with it who may of
>> lost their copy and would like it replaced?
>>
>> --
>> Steve

> Free or price?
>
> jay

Many of the signature dishes included in the book are available on the
RFC website.

http://www.recfoodcooking.org/index.html

The RFC cookbook was compiled and published in the aftermath of 9/11 and
the proceeds went to charity (Second Harvest). It shouldn't cost you
more than shipping for the extra copy of the cookbook.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 10:30 AM, Steve C wrote:
> moving on to why I popped back in; we're preparing for a massive house cleanout (read as: yardsale) and I ran across a virtually mint copy of the RFC Cookbook. Now, I know that I'm being stupid as it will be worth a fortune but considering the fact that I haven't changed much, and still don't use cookbooks I was wondering if there someone involved with it who may of lost their copy and would like it replaced?

Those of us who contributed in any way to the RFC Cookbook certainly
THANK YOU for offering to sell it back to us! Good lord. Please find
your way out the door.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 1:22 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/24/2013 10:30 AM, Steve C wrote:
>> moving on to why I popped back in; we're preparing for a massive house
>> cleanout (read as: yardsale) and I ran across a virtually mint copy of
>> the RFC Cookbook. Now, I know that I'm being stupid as it will be
>> worth a fortune but considering the fact that I haven't changed much,
>> and still don't use cookbooks I was wondering if there someone
>> involved with it who may of lost their copy and would like it replaced?

> Those of us who contributed in any way to the RFC Cookbook certainly
> THANK YOU for offering to sell it back to us! Good lord. Please find
> your way out the door.
>
> Jill

Just who in the hell said anything about selling?!?? Still jumping to
conclusions without knowing anything of which you speak I see.

--

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 1:47 PM, The Other Guy wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2013 07:30:29 -0700 (PDT), Steve C
> > wrote:
>
>> Coming through google groups as FIOS doesn't provide usenet servers
>> and a very cursory search didn't turn up any free services that
>> allowed posting privileges, only viewing. I didn't really search
>> very hard though for the purpose of this.

> www.eternal-september.org
>

> To reply by email, lose the Ks...

Thanks, got it from the other post.

--

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 2:58 PM, Steve Calvin wrote:
> On 5/24/2013 1:22 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/24/2013 10:30 AM, Steve C wrote:
>>> moving on to why I popped back in; we're preparing for a massive house
>>> cleanout (read as: yardsale) and I ran across a virtually mint copy of
>>> the RFC Cookbook. Now, I know that I'm being stupid as it will be
>>> worth a fortune but considering the fact that I haven't changed much,
>>> and still don't use cookbooks I was wondering if there someone
>>> involved with it who may of lost their copy and would like it replaced?

>> Those of us who contributed in any way to the RFC Cookbook certainly
>> THANK YOU for offering to sell it back to us! Good lord. Please find
>> your way out the door.
>>
>> Jill

> Just who in the hell said anything about selling?!?? Still jumping to
> conclusions without knowing anything of which you speak I see.

Well gee, you made it sound like you were selling stuff. Maybe I
misread massive house cleanout/yardsale. Sorry Steve.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 10:30 AM, Steve C wrote:
> Hi everyone... some of the people who have been here a while may remember me (my condolences).

HII! (waving)

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
jmcquown > wrote:

> On 5/24/2013 10:30 AM, Steve C wrote:
> > moving on to why I popped back in; we're preparing for a massive house
> > cleanout (read as: yardsale) and I ran across a virtually mint copy of the
> > RFC Cookbook. Now, I know that I'm being stupid as it will be worth a
> > fortune but considering the fact that I haven't changed much, and still
> > don't use cookbooks I was wondering if there someone involved with it who
> > may of lost their copy and would like it replaced?

> Those of us who contributed in any way to the RFC Cookbook certainly
> THANK YOU for offering to sell it back to us! Good lord. Please find
> your way out the door.
>
> Jill

Why so hard on him? There are new people here who might not have it and
might be interested. <shrug>
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 4:04 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/24/2013 10:30 AM, Steve C wrote:
>> Hi everyone... some of the people who have been here a while may
>> remember me (my condolences).

> HII! (waving)
>
> nancy

Back atcha kiddo. Just passing through. Was just curious to see if
someone involved with the cb may need it replaced for whatever reason.
If an "oldie" doesn't then I'll just keep it for posterity purposes to
prove I was actually published should the topic ever come up... but it
just sits here unused.

I hope this finds you well.

--

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 4:33 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Why so hard on him? There are new people here who might not have it and
> might be interested. <shrug>

She and I never got along too well in the old days either - must be my
name or something... ;-)

I don't take things personally, but I don't cower in the corner like a
puppy either.

--

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 4:33 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> On 5/24/2013 10:30 AM, Steve C wrote:
>>> moving on to why I popped back in; we're preparing for a massive house
>>> cleanout (read as: yardsale) and I ran across a virtually mint copy of the
>>> RFC Cookbook. Now, I know that I'm being stupid as it will be worth a
>>> fortune but considering the fact that I haven't changed much, and still
>>> don't use cookbooks I was wondering if there someone involved with it who
>>> may of lost their copy and would like it replaced?

>> Those of us who contributed in any way to the RFC Cookbook certainly
>> THANK YOU for offering to sell it back to us! Good lord. Please find
>> your way out the door.
>>
>> Jill

> Why so hard on him? There are new people here who might not have it and
> might be interested. <shrug>

Sorry, I didn't mean to be hard on him. I was under the impression he
was trying to sell it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 24, 2013 4:41:55 PM UTC-4, Steve Calvin wrote:
> On 5/24/2013 4:33 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>

> > Why so hard on him? There are new people here who might not have it and

> > might be interested. <shrug>

> She and I never got along too well in the old days either - must be my
>
> name or something... ;-)
>

> I don't take things personally, but I don't cower in the corner like a
>
> puppy either.
>

> --
>

> Steve

No, I think it has a lot more to do with the fact that she's a ****.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 2:00 PM, Steve Calvin wrote:
> On 5/24/2013 1:47 PM, The Other Guy wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 May 2013 07:30:29 -0700 (PDT), Steve C
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Coming through google groups as FIOS doesn't provide usenet servers
>>> and a very cursory search didn't turn up any free services that
>>> allowed posting privileges, only viewing. I didn't really search
>>> very hard though for the purpose of this.

>> www.eternal-september.org

Glad you are back.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 4:40 PM, Steve Calvin wrote:
> On 5/24/2013 4:04 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 5/24/2013 10:30 AM, Steve C wrote:

>>> Hi everyone... some of the people who have been here a while may
>>> remember me (my condolences).

>> HII! (waving)

> Back atcha kiddo. Just passing through.

I'm glad to see you, I wondered about you just the other day.
Well, I didn't wonder *about* you, I wondered how you were doing.
Whatever this move is, hope it goes smoothly.

> Was just curious to see if
> someone involved with the cb may need it replaced for whatever reason.
> If an "oldie" doesn't then I'll just keep it for posterity purposes to
> prove I was actually published should the topic ever come up... but it
> just sits here unused.

I gave away my last extra, but I still have one copy.

> I hope this finds you well.

I'm doing well, thanks. So far, so good. Heh.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 5:39 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 24-May-2013, Steve C > wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone... some of the people who have been here a while may
>> remember me (my condolences). To the lucky ones who don't - hi to you
>> as well.
>>

> Welcome back.
>
>> Coming through google groups as FIOS doesn't provide usenet servers
>> and a very cursory search didn't turn up any free services that
>> allowed posting privileges, only viewing. I didn't really search very
>> hard though for the purpose of this.

> A number of us use eternal-septermber.org; it's free (no binaries, I
> think), allows posting and is pretty reliable.

Thanks

Switched to eternal-september.org earlier...

--

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 5:58 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
> On 5/24/2013 2:00 PM, Steve Calvin wrote:
>> On 5/24/2013 1:47 PM, The Other Guy wrote:
>>> On Fri, 24 May 2013 07:30:29 -0700 (PDT), Steve C

>>> www.eternal-september.org

> Glad you are back.
>
> Becca

Thanks - just trying to find a good home for the book.

--

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2013 6:48 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/24/2013 4:40 PM, Steve Calvin wrote:

>>> HII! (waving)

>> Back atcha kiddo. Just passing through.

> I'm glad to see you, I wondered about you just the other day.
> Well, I didn't wonder *about* you, I wondered how you were doing.
> Whatever this move is, hope it goes smoothly.
>
>> Was just curious to see if
>> someone involved with the cb may need it replaced for whatever reason.
>> If an "oldie" doesn't then I'll just keep it for posterity purposes to
>> prove I was actually published should the topic ever come up... but it
>> just sits here unused.

> I gave away my last extra, but I still have one copy.
>>
>> I hope this finds you well.

> I'm doing well, thanks. So far, so good. Heh.
>
> nancy

Oh, no move.... yet Nancy. Just HAVE to clean out! No more room at the
inn. Eventually when da boss retires (I retired last year) in 5 or so
years we'll probably pick up and get the hell out of NYS though. Can't
stand the idiots that keep getting elected 'round these parts.

--

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Calvin wrote:
> On 5/24/2013 10:49 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Steve C wrote:
>>> Hi everyone... some of the people who have been here a while may
>>> remember me (my condolences). To the lucky ones who don't - hi to
>>> you as well.
>>>
>>> Coming through google groups as FIOS doesn't provide usenet servers
>>> and a very cursory search didn't turn up any free services that
>>> allowed posting privileges, only viewing. I didn't really search
>>> very hard though for the purpose of this.
>>>

>> <snip>
>>
>> Get Eternal September.
>>

> Thanks Julie - sorry about the private reply

No prob.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
jmcquown > wrote:

> On 5/24/2013 4:33 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >,
> > jmcquown > wrote:

> >> Those of us who contributed in any way to the RFC Cookbook certainly
> >> THANK YOU for offering to sell it back to us! Good lord. Please find
> >> your way out the door.
> >>
> >> Jill

> > Why so hard on him? There are new people here who might not have it and
> > might be interested. <shrug>
> >

> Sorry, I didn't mean to be hard on him. I was under the impression he
> was trying to sell it.
>
> Jill

Even if he is/or was trying to sell it, what's wrong with that?
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Il 25/05/2013 01:03, Steve Calvin ha scritto:

>> A number of us use eternal-septermber.org; it's free (no binaries, I
>> think), allows posting and is pretty reliable.

> Thanks
>
> Switched to eternal-september.org earlier...

And it does binaries, with a limit of 1MB circa
Welcome back

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Well, it's been over a week and no one involved with the Cookbook spoke
up and said they needed another copy so I'm fading back into the abyss.

If anyone runs into Dams or Squeaks over in FB land tell them that I
said hi please.

Was hoping for a more pleasant return visit but I should of known
better... after all it is RFC.

Y'all take care.

"poof"

--

Steve
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
[...]

Hey Steve..welcome back. Just trying to recover from a big yard sale where all that stuff went for pennies on the dollar...just to make room for more good stuff. Best of fortunes on parting with the treasures.

Hi Folks. bigwheel Barbecue 15 11-01-2013 06:14 PM
Just a thanks to folks here Tutall Barbecue 0 09-02-2008 06:23 PM
You folks were right! Janet Wilder[_1_] Barbecue 10 04-01-2008 02:55 AM
Hello folks Granby Preserving 6 29-09-2007 04:20 AM
Any folks here from SC, NC or GA USA? Dick R. Wine 8 13-12-2006 06:00 PM