Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Mark Bittman

He has a really good column today. And yes, it is food related for
those of you who complain.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...bad-enough/?hp
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sitara wrote about Mark Bittman:

> He has a really good column today. And yes, it is food related for
> those of you who complain.
>
> http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...bad-enough/?hp

Bittman seems to be using a very odd definition of the word "evil". He
admits that Monsanto puts corporate profits above the environment and above
human life. That *is* evil. The fact that Monsanto has to date abstained
from gunning down hordes of orphans doesn't mean they're not evil.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
ImStillMags > wrote:

> He has a really good column today. And yes, it is food related for
> those of you who complain.
>
> http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...bad-enough/?hp

Thank you for the link.
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om>,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Sitara wrote about Mark Bittman:
>
> > He has a really good column today. And yes, it is food related for
> > those of you who complain.
> >
> > http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...bad-enough/?hp

> Bittman seems to be using a very odd definition of the word "evil". He
> admits that Monsanto puts corporate profits above the environment and above
> human life. That *is* evil. The fact that Monsanto has to date abstained
> from gunning down hordes of orphans doesn't mean they're not evil.
>
> Bob

I don't think his definition of the word is odd. "... called Monsanto
³evil² (hard to argue with that one, as long as you equate it with
³immoral² as opposed to a supernatural negative force), ...."
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2013 10:18 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article om>,
> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:
>
>> Sitara wrote about Mark Bittman:
>>
>>> He has a really good column today. And yes, it is food related for
>>> those of you who complain.
>>>
>>> http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...bad-enough/?hp

>> Bittman seems to be using a very odd definition of the word "evil". He
>> admits that Monsanto puts corporate profits above the environment and above
>> human life. That *is* evil. The fact that Monsanto has to date abstained
>> from gunning down hordes of orphans doesn't mean they're not evil.
>>
>> Bob

> I don't think his definition of the word is odd. "... called Monsanto
> ³evil² (hard to argue with that one, as long as you equate it with
> ³immoral² as opposed to a supernatural negative force), ...."

Yep. It depends on your definition of evil and he did make the distinction.

gloria p