Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gee Gee is offline

Default ¡Feliz cinco de mayo!

¿How do you celebrate? I think I will make five sandwiches, with mayo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 5, 7:45*am, "Gee" > wrote:
> How do you celebrate? *I think I will make five sandwiches, with mayo.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Sitara8... 3910048894770
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2013 12:54 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On May 5, 7:45 am, "Gee" > wrote:
>> How do you celebrate? I think I will make five sandwiches, with mayo.

> https://picasaweb.google.com/Sitara8... 3910048894770

(laugh)

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2013 11:51 AM, l not -l wrote:
> On 5-May-2013, "Gee" > wrote:
>
>> ¿How do you celebrate? I think I will make five sandwiches, with
>> mayo.

> 5 strips of bacon, lettuce, beefsteak tomato slices and mayo on
> multi-grain toast.

George was in the mood for roasted chicken, stuffing and cranberry
sauce, but I talked him into Chicken Pot Pie, instead. We cooked Mexican
food yesterday.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gee wrote:
> ¿How do you celebrate? I think I will make five sandwiches, with
> mayo.

We would normally go out to eat. I did suggest this to my daughter but she
declined. Our neighbors are having a BBQ. Husband came home just prior to
dinner time and was hungry. I had a casserole in the oven of beans and rice
with cheese. He ate a plate of that and then hollered for more food. Said
he would take some spaghetti, then complained about how horrible it was.
And it wasn't. I made it last night. I ate it. I am not a spaghetti lover
but for spaghetti it was very good. I made the sauce from scratch. No
doubt he will want more food soon.

Daughter had mac and cheese and a salad.

I haven't eaten yet but will have some bean tacos.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 5, 10:45*am, "Gee" > wrote:
> How do you celebrate? *I think I will make five sandwiches, with mayo.

I don't. Cinco de Mayo is one of those holidays where only people in
certain parts of the country celebrate it. I had never even heard of
it until maybe 10 years ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2013 5:15 PM, wrote:
> On May 5, 10:45 am, "Gee" > wrote:
>> How do you celebrate? I think I will make five sandwiches, with mayo.

> I don't. Cinco de Mayo is one of those holidays where only people in
> certain parts of the country celebrate it. I had never even heard of
> it until maybe 10 years ago.

It's getting a lot more popular in America these days. It fulfills the
needs of bars and drinkers. They needed an excuse, any excuse, to sell
and drink more booze and the Mexico's victory over the French in some
small battle was as good a slim reason as any.

The Japanese celebrate 5/5 as a celebration of male babies and boys. My
son was born on 5/5 which I think is a good sign. He calls the day
"Cinco de Michael."

Yesterday morning we went to a burrito place down at the mall at 10:00
to watch my son's friend 2nd attempt to eat a giant 5lb burrito. The
deal was that if he could eat the whole thing in half an hour he'd get
it free. When he got his huge foil wrapped package, I went for a stroll
around the mall. He failed in his first attempt last year and the way I
figured it, I'd have 29 minutes to kill before he failed this time. By
the time I got back 20 minutes later, it was all over. He had finished
it in 15 minutes and was getting his refund of 24 bucks. He looked
pretty regular and not even fazed by the experience. My son calls him
"The Evil Vegan." Truly, he is an evil one.