Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Vegg

I think I finally found an egg substitute that will work for all of us!

http://thevegg.com/

This is a powder and it comes in a little pouch. Unlike the Ener-G egg
replacer, it says you can actually use it as you would eggs. As in a quiche
or something. I used it as a binder in my meatloaf and it actually did seem
to bind! I actually never found a use for the Ener-G which if memory serves
is merely potato starch. It did not do well at binding and it didn't help
with baking.

The only with this new stuff is... It smells like deviled eggs! So I am
not sure you would want to use it in a sweet dish. But it should be
perfectly fine for the meatloaves. I have 48 of them in the oven. Yes!
48! But they are small. I wound up not buying the beef that I was going to
buy from Costco. Although it is organic, it is 85% lean. Which would
explain why I found it to be overly greasy. I just wound up buying their
regular ground beef. It is 88% lean. I would prefer leaner still but right
now I am going for cheap. So that will have to do. I wound up buying 6
pounds. My biggest bowl was full to the top after I mixed all the veggies
and everything else into it. I sure do like the texture of this a lot
better than I did when I used other binders or no binders, and when I used
other fillers. I did use sourdough breadcrumbs. Not on South Beach, I know
but Angela's dietician has her sort of on South Beach. We'll see how that
works. She is supposed to eat that diet most of the time but doesn't always
have to adhere to it. She feels that a diet for a person of her age is not
safe. Anyway... I only put 6 slices in there and they were not the big
ones so considering all the veggies and the 6 pounds of meat, that's still
not a lot of filler. Just enough to lighten the texture a bit.

Now... I just hope I can fit most of these in my freezer! It is pretty
full now and I pulled all of the ice packs out. The good thing is that they
are small. So I can bag them in small quantities and stuff them in the
nooks and crannies.

I wish you could smell my house now. Smells divine!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 23:41:40 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I think I finally found an egg substitute that will work for all of us!
>>
>> http://thevegg.com/
>>
>> This is a powder and it comes in a little pouch.

> I'll pass, thank you.
>
> -sw

If she thinks that will "work for me", then I think eggs will "work for
her". The NERVE!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/19/2013 10:19 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 23:41:40 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I think I finally found an egg substitute that will work for all of us!
>>>
>>> http://thevegg.com/
>>>
>>> This is a powder and it comes in a little pouch.

>> I'll pass, thank you.
>>
>> -sw

> If she thinks that will "work for me", then I think eggs will "work for
> her". The NERVE!

Of course you know she was referring to herself and her family. If she
wants to eat a powdered egg-substitute, more power to her.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 07:19:37 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 23:41:40 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> >> I think I finally found an egg substitute that will work for all of us!
> >>
> >> http://thevegg.com/
> >>
> >> This is a powder and it comes in a little pouch.

> > I'll pass, thank you.
> >
> > -sw

> If she thinks that will "work for me", then I think eggs will "work for
> her". The NERVE!

"Us" was her family, sorry you and squishy didn't understand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> I think I finally found an egg substitute that will work for all of us!

Shove it up your ****, Bovine Julie.
This is rec.food.cooking, not rec.substitutes-for-fat-old-cows.

<snip shit>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/19/2013 1:34 PM, Michael Kuettner wrote:
> This is rec.food.cooking

(snipped major crudity)

Get over yourself.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 4/19/2013 1:34 PM, Michael Kuettner wrote:
>> This is rec.food.cooking

> (snipped major crudity)
>
> Get over yourself.
>
> Jill

Truly a childish poster who learned a few swear words recently.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Kuettner wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> > I think I finally found an egg substitute that will work for all of us!
> >

> Shove it up your ****, Bovine Julie.
> This is rec.food.cooking, not rec.substitutes-for-fat-old-cows.
>
> <snip shit>

ouch! >:-|

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:45:22 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 4/19/2013 1:34 PM, Michael Kuettner wrote:
> > This is rec.food.cooking

> (snipped major crudity)
>
> Get over yourself.

He's such a peach.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jilly whined:

> > Shove it up your ****, Bovine Julie.
> > This is rec.food.cooking, not rec.substitutes-for-fat-old-cows.

> Get over yourself.

And there you have today's nonsequitur from RFC's Idiot-in-Residence.

(FYI, Jilly, you could logically criticize his dirty filthy language, or his
impatience with Her Flakiness, or even his intolerance of stupidity. But his
comment does not evince egotism or self-absorption.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 4/19/2013 10:19 AM, Pico Rico wrote:

>>> I'll pass, thank you.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> If she thinks that will "work for me", then I think eggs will "work for
>> her". The NERVE!
>>

> Of course you know she was referring to herself and her family. If she
> wants to eat a powdered egg-substitute, more power to her.
>
> Jill

Of course I had no idea that is what she meant.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 4/19/2013 10:19 AM, Pico Rico wrote:

>>> I'll pass, thank you.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> If she thinks that will "work for me", then I think eggs will "work for
>> her". The NERVE!
>>

> Of course you know she was referring to herself and her family. If she
> wants to eat a powdered egg-substitute, more power to her.

Yes. Although technically we can all eat Ener-G, I found that it just did
not work. So I switched to ground flaxseeds. But Angela can't have those
now. So I was stumped for something that would work. Until I found this.
Of course I realize that most people here won't need such a product. But I
thought I would pass it along just in case somebody did have a need for it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Kuettner" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> I think I finally found an egg substitute that will work for all of us!
>>

> Shove it up your ****, Bovine Julie.
> This is rec.food.cooking, not rec.substitutes-for-fat-old-cows.
>
> <snip shit>

You are just nasty. I cooked. I made meatloaves. I can post this here.
It was not out of line.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 19, 2013 6:12:27 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Michael Kuettner" > wrote in message

> > Julie Bove wrote:

> >> I think I finally found an egg substitute that will work for all of us!

> > Shove it up your ****, Bovine Julie.

> > This is rec.food.cooking, not rec.substitutes-for-fat-old-cows.

> > <snip shit>

> You are just nasty. I cooked. I made meatloaves. I can post this here.
>
> It was not out of line.

It's not out of line to post anything here. It's just hard to understand why you want to be abused. If you're like this in person, I can't imagine why anyone would put up with you. You're so tiresome. And you're not just stupid. You are genuinely rock-dumb. You sent your ****ing hair to someone and used their results to govern your diet! The rest of us wonder how "experts" like this manage to make a living. The answer is retards like YOU. You are the ultimate rube.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:50:10 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

>>> If she thinks that will "work for me", then I think eggs will "work for
>>> her". The NERVE!
>>>

>> Of course you know she was referring to herself and her family.

> I guess that makes sense now, but that's now how I interpreted it at
> first. She was addressing the group, after all.
>
> -sw

I am not sure what she meant. There is no reason, even in hindsight, to
think she meant anything other than what you and I read it to be.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 19, 2013 6:47:30 PM UTC-4, Pico Rico wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> >> Of course you know she was referring to herself and her family.

> > I guess that makes sense now, but that's now how I interpreted it at

> > first. She was addressing the group, after all.

> > -sw

> I am not sure what she meant. There is no reason, even in hindsight, to
>
> think she meant anything other than what you and I read it to be.

She's just looking for attention. She would rather be loathed than ignored. She's getting her wish. Hear that, Bovine? You win! We hate you. We really, really hate you!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>> I guess that makes sense now, but that's now how I interpreted it...

> Correction: "... that's _NOT_ how I interpreted it...."
>
> I guess she has people here trained to think about her and her
> precious family in every post she makes. But I (and Pico, apparently)
> took it at it's face value.
>
> -sw

But you and I are the dopes. All her posts ARE about her and her precious
family.

Why do you respond to her? Fouls up my attempt to KF her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:50:10 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

>>> If she thinks that will "work for me", then I think eggs will "work for
>>> her". The NERVE!
>>>

>> Of course you know she was referring to herself and her family.

> I guess that makes sense now, but that's now how I interpreted it at
> first. She was addressing the group, after all.

Sorry. I assumed it would be known what I meant. I do know that most
people here don't need an egg sub.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>
>>> I guess that makes sense now, but that's now how I interpreted it...

>> Correction: "... that's _NOT_ how I interpreted it...."
>>
>> I guess she has people here trained to think about her and her
>> precious family in every post she makes. But I (and Pico, apparently)
>> took it at it's face value.
>>
>> -sw

> But you and I are the dopes. All her posts ARE about her and her precious
> family.
>
> Why do you respond to her? Fouls up my attempt to KF her.

Don't most people here post about themselves and their family? What they
bought. What they cooked or are going to cook. What they want to cook and
ask for recipes or assistance. Why should I have to be different?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> We cooked beef stroganoff. And nobody is allergic or "intolerant" to
> anything. We just eat food. See how simple that is?

Well it is lovely that you can eat whatever you want. We can not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> Well it is lovely that you can eat whatever you want. We can not.

Y'know, Julieeee, I keep expecting you to vanish from the earth. Sooner or
later, all those allergies/phobias/toxicities will be the end of you. Every
day that you come back to chatter away on RFC is like a gift from
you-know-who.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:49:33 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > We cooked beef stroganoff. And nobody is allergic or "intolerant" to

> > anything. We just eat food. See how simple that is?

> Well it is lovely that you can eat whatever you want. We can not.

Some people choose life. Some people choose to be afraid of it. You will continue to find things that "harm" you and your daughter, because that's just what you do. Your pig-man husband continues to find ways to live somewhere else because people like you are tiresome. I'm sure he has daily regrets of sticking it in you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George M. Middius > wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > Well it is lovely that you can eat whatever you want. We can not.

> Y'know, Julieeee, I keep expecting you to vanish from the earth. Sooner or
> later, all those allergies/phobias/toxicities will be the end of you. Every
> day that you come back to chatter away on RFC is like a gift from
> you-know-who.

I wonder how often she cleans her keyboard, you know how full of germs
they get

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:07:57 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:49:33 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > > wrote in message

> > > We cooked beef stroganoff. And nobody is allergic or "intolerant" to

> > > anything. We just eat food. See how simple that is?

> > Well it is lovely that you can eat whatever you want. We can not.

> Some people choose life. Some people choose to be afraid of it. You will continue to find things that "harm" you and your daughter, because that's just what you do. Your pig-man husband continues to find ways to live somewhere else because people like you are tiresome. I'm sure he has daily regrets of sticking it in you.

I have done my share of bullying Julie but I think that it is time to
lay off of her and stop this bullshit. Nothing is gained from venting
of her proclivities pro or con. She has stood up to you bullies and
still you persist like ravenous dogs after a herd of defenseless
sheep.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/18/2013 8:41 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I think I finally found an egg substitute that will work for all of us!
>
> http://thevegg.com/

It's interesting that site calls it an egg "yolk" substitute. Evidently,
the vegans are not so savvy on the subject of eggs. 48 meatloaves is
pretty impressive. I don't think I've even cooked more that one meatloaf
at time ever. Try making a custard pie - that would be cool. :-)

> This is a powder and it comes in a little pouch. Unlike the Ener-G egg
> replacer, it says you can actually use it as you would eggs. As in a quiche
> or something. I used it as a binder in my meatloaf and it actually did seem
> to bind! I actually never found a use for the Ener-G which if memory serves
> is merely potato starch. It did not do well at binding and it didn't help
> with baking.
>
> The only with this new stuff is... It smells like deviled eggs! So I am
> not sure you would want to use it in a sweet dish. But it should be
> perfectly fine for the meatloaves. I have 48 of them in the oven. Yes!
> 48! But they are small. I wound up not buying the beef that I was going to
> buy from Costco. Although it is organic, it is 85% lean. Which would
> explain why I found it to be overly greasy. I just wound up buying their
> regular ground beef. It is 88% lean. I would prefer leaner still but right
> now I am going for cheap. So that will have to do. I wound up buying 6
> pounds. My biggest bowl was full to the top after I mixed all the veggies
> and everything else into it. I sure do like the texture of this a lot
> better than I did when I used other binders or no binders, and when I used
> other fillers. I did use sourdough breadcrumbs. Not on South Beach, I know
> but Angela's dietician has her sort of on South Beach. We'll see how that
> works. She is supposed to eat that diet most of the time but doesn't always
> have to adhere to it. She feels that a diet for a person of her age is not
> safe. Anyway... I only put 6 slices in there and they were not the big
> ones so considering all the veggies and the 6 pounds of meat, that's still
> not a lot of filler. Just enough to lighten the texture a bit.
>
> Now... I just hope I can fit most of these in my freezer! It is pretty
> full now and I pulled all of the ice packs out. The good thing is that they
> are small. So I can bag them in small quantities and stuff them in the
> nooks and crannies.
>
> I wish you could smell my house now. Smells divine!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 4/18/2013 8:41 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I think I finally found an egg substitute that will work for all of us!
>>
>> http://thevegg.com/

> It's interesting that site calls it an egg "yolk" substitute. Evidently,
> the vegans are not so savvy on the subject of eggs. 48 meatloaves is
> pretty impressive. I don't think I've even cooked more that one meatloaf
> at time ever. Try making a custard pie - that would be cool. :-)

I didn't make meatless loaves. I made meatloaves with ground beef. And
they were small. I would never make just one. Too much work! I don't make
them often so when I do, I make a lot.

I never liked custard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 20, 11:29*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message

> > On 4/18/2013 8:41 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> I think I finally found an egg substitute that will work for all of us!

> >>http://thevegg.com/

> > It's interesting that site calls it an egg "yolk" substitute. Evidently,
> > the vegans are not so savvy on the subject of eggs. 48 meatloaves is
> > pretty impressive. I don't think I've even cooked more that one meatloaf
> > at time ever. Try making a custard pie - that would be cool. :-)

> I didn't make meatless loaves. *I made meatloaves with ground beef. *And
> they were small. *I would never make just one. *Too much work! *I don't make
> them often so when I do, I make a lot.
>
> I never liked custard.

I meant that the vegans called Veggs a yolk substitute. I know that
you're a meat eater. I don't think it's possible to make a real
meatless meat loaf anyway. Mostly, I wanted to know if it was possible
to make a custard pie with this product.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Apr 20, 11:29 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> It's interesting that site calls it an egg "yolk" substitute.
>>> Evidently, the vegans are not so savvy on the subject of eggs. 48
>>> meatloaves is pretty impressive. I don't think I've even cooked
>>> more that one meatloaf at time ever. Try making a custard pie -
>>> that would be cool. :-)

>> I didn't make meatless loaves. I made meatloaves with ground beef.
>> And they were small. I would never make just one. Too much work! I
>> don't make them often so when I do, I make a lot.
>>
>> I never liked custard.

> I meant that the vegans called Veggs a yolk substitute. I know that
> you're a meat eater. I don't think it's possible to make a real
> meatless meat loaf anyway. Mostly, I wanted to know if it was possible
> to make a custard pie with this product.

I have seen loaves of peanuts or beans. Have always wanted to try one but
never did. Can't remember why though.

You might be able to make a custard but... Most sugar is not vegan. Vegans
tend to use brown rice syrup. There is that new palm/coconut sugar. I
don't know how it compares.

The Vegg Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 0 19-04-2013 07:50 AM
Vegg cheese casserole Tim Recipes 0 01-08-2005 10:15 PM