Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Monsanto ......again.....

When normal people are faced with the consequences of their decisions
or actions, they have to own up to it.

When Monsanto is faced with independent research that their actions
might be killing the bees en masse, it simply buys the research firm
that implicates them.

And no, this is not an Onion article.

http://naturalsociety.com/monsanto-b...research-firm/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 09:02:32 +1000, John J > wrote:

>On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 15:32:41 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:
>
>>When normal people are faced with the consequences of their decisions
>>or actions, they have to own up to it.
>>
>>When Monsanto is faced with independent research that their actions
>>might be killing the bees en masse, it simply buys the research firm
>>that implicates them.
>>
>>And no, this is not an Onion article.
>>
>>http://naturalsociety.com/monsanto-b...research-firm/

>Monsanto's evil.

Quite literally evil, in the true sense of the word.

People, like you and me - need to actively oppose them at every
opportunity. Time has passed when the average person can sit back,
shake their heads and do nothing.

I'm limited where I am, because Monsanto doesn't appear to have any
employees or offices in my state. Unless they're simply not publicly
listed...

Incredibly, Tassie is GMO free but once again there is debate about
reversing the situation. Yep, lets throw away one our advantages over
just about everywhere else in the world...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-04-07, ImStillMags > wrote:

> When Monsanto is faced with independent research that their actions
> might be killing the bees en masse, it simply buys the research firm
> that implicates them.

Bayer (yes, the aspirin company) makes a class of pesticides known as
neonicotinoids. These are also suspected of being at cause.

<http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2012/04/09/mystery-of-the-disappearing-bees-solved/>
http://tinyurl.com/d4nlqel

Also, US commercial bee keepers are not without blame. So called
gypsy beekeepers, who ship their hives all over the US to pollinate
monoculture crops practice atrocious beekeeping methods. They feed
their bees HFCS instead of letting them eat their own honey and queens
are artificially inseminated jes like cattle. Bees, along with
amphibians, are the canary in the coal mine and they are currently
signaling "grave danger!"

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 7, 8:40*pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2013-04-07, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > When Monsanto is faced with independent research that their actions
> > might be killing the bees en masse, it simply buys the research firm
> > that implicates them.

> Bayer (yes, the aspirin company) makes a class of pesticides known as
> neonicotinoids. *These are also suspected of being at cause.
>
> <http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2012/04/09/mystery-of-the-disap...>http://tinyurl.com/d4nlqel
>
> Also, US commercial bee keepers are not without blame. *So called
> gypsy beekeepers, who ship their hives all over the US to pollinate
> monoculture crops practice atrocious beekeeping methods. *They feed
> their bees HFCS instead of letting them eat their own honey and queens
> are artificially inseminated jes like cattle. *Bees, along with
> amphibians, are the canary in the coal mine and they are currently
> signaling "grave danger!"
>
> nb

So, what can the LIttle Guy do?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Apr 7, 5:59*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Apr 7, 8:40*pm, notbob > wrote:
>

> > On 2013-04-07, ImStillMags > wrote:

> > > When Monsanto is faced with independent research that their actions
> > > might be killing the bees en masse, it simply buys the research firm
> > > that implicates them.

> > Bayer (yes, the aspirin company) makes a class of pesticides known as
> > neonicotinoids. *These are also suspected of being at cause.

> > <http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2012/04/09/mystery-of-the-disap....>http://tinyurl.com/d4nlqel

> > Also, US commercial bee keepers are not without blame. *So called
> > gypsy beekeepers, who ship their hives all over the US to pollinate
> > monoculture crops practice atrocious beekeeping methods. *They feed
> > their bees HFCS instead of letting them eat their own honey and queens
> > are artificially inseminated jes like cattle. *Bees, along with
> > amphibians, are the canary in the coal mine and they are currently
> > signaling "grave danger!"

> > nb

> So, what can the LIttle Guy do?

Do not buy anything with GMO ingredients. Period.
You will be healthier as well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 15:32:41 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> When normal people are faced with the consequences of their decisions
> or actions, they have to own up to it.
>
> When Monsanto is faced with independent research that their actions
> might be killing the bees en masse, it simply buys the research firm
> that implicates them.
>
> And no, this is not an Onion article.
>
> http://naturalsociety.com/monsanto-b...research-firm/

Yes, I knew about that a long time ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 18:02:30 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> Do not buy anything with GMO ingredients. Period.
> You will be healthier as well.

Trader Joe's is doing their part. They claim that none of their House
Brand products contain GMOs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 17:59:04 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>On Apr 7, 8:40*pm, notbob > wrote:
>> On 2013-04-07, ImStillMags > wrote:
>>
>> > When Monsanto is faced with independent research that their actions
>> > might be killing the bees en masse, it simply buys the research firm
>> > that implicates them.

>> Bayer (yes, the aspirin company) makes a class of pesticides known as
>> neonicotinoids. *These are also suspected of being at cause.
>>
>> <http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2012/04/09/mystery-of-the-disap...>http://tinyurl.com/d4nlqel
>>
>> Also, US commercial bee keepers are not without blame. *So called
>> gypsy beekeepers, who ship their hives all over the US to pollinate
>> monoculture crops practice atrocious beekeeping methods. *They feed
>> their bees HFCS instead of letting them eat their own honey and queens
>> are artificially inseminated jes like cattle. *Bees, along with
>> amphibians, are the canary in the coal mine and they are currently
>> signaling "grave danger!"
>>
>> nb

>So, what can the LIttle Guy do?

Direct action against Monsanto employees, particularly any upper
management. No point trying anything else as it won't work, short of a
revolution.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-04-08, Jeßus > wrote:

> Direct action against Monsanto employees, particularly any upper
> management. No point trying anything else as it won't work, short of a
> revolution.

Jes one site listing the Monsanto employees in the halls of our
govt.

<http://www.occupymonsanto360.org/2012/02/23/monsantos-government-ties/>

Simply googling for 'monsanto' along with 'USDA' brings up a litany of
horrors about the collusion between Monsanto and the US govt. Both US
and world chemical companies have a long history of promoting
dangerous chemicals under the guise of improving food production.
DDT, DES, rBGH, etc. GMOs are the same game now being played for
higher stakes, namely the World's food supply.

I'm with Sitara on this one. You don't hafta become a vegan, but you
can certainly do your part. One thing to fight for is labeling of GMO
foods. The USA is one of the few major countries to NOT label GMOs in
food and Mansanto and other GMO companies are fighting it to the
death, for obvious reasons.

Also, support organic food production. It seems like there is often
little or no difference in flavor between organic and regular produce.
You may be in for a surprise. I became a convert when I tasted
organic flat leaf parsely. The regular stuff had become so dull and
flavorless, I couldn't tell it apart from cilantro, which looks almost
the same. Well, they were both beginning to taste the same, which is
to say, totally flavorless. I'd even begun buying curly parsely
instead of flat-leaf jes cuz the curly actually had a discernible
amount of flavor. One day, I saw some organic flat-leaf parsely and
tore off a leaf or two to taste it. Wow! Parsely X 10!! My tabouli
(tabbouleh) now tastes like toubuli, not jes bulgar with lemon and
garlic.

The same goes for other organic foods. Beef lovers will go on and on
about the superiority of well marbled corn fed beef over grass fed,
but I buy grass fed, when I can. Yes, it costs more, but its all
meat, not 30%-40% fat. Yes, it is tougher. Sometimes that is not a
bad thing. I now make beef bourguignon in my pressure cooker all the
time. I love it. It's the best stew I've eaten in my entire life. I
tried it with corn fed beef. The chuck I bought was so marbled with
fat, I could hardly eat it. It was like eating fat marbled with beef.
Gimme lean flavorful grass fed. That pressure cooker is gonna render
it tender, regardless.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8 Apr 2013 10:53:25 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2013-04-08, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>> Direct action against Monsanto employees, particularly any upper
>> management. No point trying anything else as it won't work, short of a
>> revolution.

>Jes one site listing the Monsanto employees in the halls of our
>govt.
>
><http://www.occupymonsanto360.org/2012/02/23/monsantos-government-ties/>
>
>Simply googling for 'monsanto' along with 'USDA' brings up a litany of
>horrors about the collusion between Monsanto and the US govt. Both US
>and world chemical companies have a long history of promoting
>dangerous chemicals under the guise of improving food production.
>DDT, DES, rBGH, etc. GMOs are the same game now being played for
>higher stakes, namely the World's food supply.
>
>I'm with Sitara on this one. You don't hafta become a vegan, but you
>can certainly do your part. One thing to fight for is labeling of GMO
>foods. The USA is one of the few major countries to NOT label GMOs in
>food and Mansanto and other GMO companies are fighting it to the
>death, for obvious reasons.
>
>Also, support organic food production. It seems like there is often
>little or no difference in flavor between organic and regular produce.
>You may be in for a surprise. I became a convert when I tasted
>organic flat leaf parsely. The regular stuff had become so dull and
>flavorless, I couldn't tell it apart from cilantro, which looks almost
>the same. Well, they were both beginning to taste the same, which is
>to say, totally flavorless. I'd even begun buying curly parsely
>instead of flat-leaf jes cuz the curly actually had a discernible
>amount of flavor. One day, I saw some organic flat-leaf parsely and
>tore off a leaf or two to taste it. Wow! Parsely X 10!! My tabouli
>(tabbouleh) now tastes like toubuli, not jes bulgar with lemon and
>garlic.
>
>The same goes for other organic foods. Beef lovers will go on and on
>about the superiority of well marbled corn fed beef over grass fed,
>but I buy grass fed, when I can. Yes, it costs more, but its all
>meat, not 30%-40% fat. Yes, it is tougher. Sometimes that is not a
>bad thing. I now make beef bourguignon in my pressure cooker all the
>time. I love it. It's the best stew I've eaten in my entire life. I
>tried it with corn fed beef. The chuck I bought was so marbled with
>fat, I could hardly eat it. It was like eating fat marbled with beef.
>Gimme lean flavorful grass fed. That pressure cooker is gonna render
>it tender, regardless.

Unreal, isn't it? Future generations will (eventually) look back and
be baffled why we sat back and allowed it to happen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-04-10, Jeßus > wrote:

> Unreal, isn't it? Future generations will (eventually) look back and
> be baffled why we sat back and allowed it to happen.

Assuming there ARE future generations. I'm not so optimistic and
figure we're rapidly approaching the next big extinction event, the
one mankind as a species does NOT survive. 8|

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-04-10, John J > wrote:

> So the Mayans were right after all, but their timing was a bit off.

Whatta they know? I didn't see any at the olympics.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2013-04-10, Je?us > wrote:
>
>> Unreal, isn't it? Future generations will (eventually) look back and
>> be baffled why we sat back and allowed it to happen.

> Assuming there ARE future generations. I'm not so optimistic and
> figure we're rapidly approaching the next big extinction event, the
> one mankind as a species does NOT survive. 8|
>
> nb

I predict

by tertinseattle (C)2013

ahem
I predict
after another million years or so
(plus or minus)
there's a slim chance
our planet won't resemble Mars

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10 Apr 2013 23:11:44 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2013-04-10, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>> Unreal, isn't it? Future generations will (eventually) look back and
>> be baffled why we sat back and allowed it to happen.

>Assuming there ARE future generations. I'm not so optimistic and
>figure we're rapidly approaching the next big extinction event, the
>one mankind as a species does NOT survive. 8|

Probably the best all-round solution anyway.