Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Beef Bacon?

Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' the
other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 10:58:28 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' the
>other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.
>

>W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

It looked pretty good, didn't it? I wish I could find some to try.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." > wrote in message
> Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' the
> other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.

A former colleague, a Muslim, was served bacon once. They told him it was
beef bacon - yeah right!!
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2013 12:31 PM, graham wrote:
> "Christopher M." > wrote in message
>> Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' the
>> other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.
>>

> A former colleague, a Muslim, was served bacon once. They told him it was
> beef bacon - yeah right!!
> Graham

You might find it in a Kosher store. How the customers acquired a taste
for bacon I don't know :-) Real bacon is definitely better and there's
also turkey bacon if you want to try something different. I've seen that
in Trader Joe's.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/04/2013 12:44 PM, James Silverton wrote:

>> A former colleague, a Muslim, was served bacon once. They told him it was
>> beef bacon - yeah right!!
>> Graham
>>

> You might find it in a Kosher store. How the customers acquired a taste
> for bacon I don't know :-) Real bacon is definitely better and there's
> also turkey bacon if you want to try something different. I've seen that
> in Trader Joe's.

I can get beef bacon at my local Dutch butcher. I have never tried it,
but it is available.

We had an A& W across the street from my highschool and often went there
for lunch. After 1/4 of the students in the school we Jews and they
almost always had cheese and bacon burgers. Most of them could not have
them at home. I don't know where they would have acquired the taste for
them,

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/04/2013 12:31 PM, graham wrote:
> "Christopher M." > wrote in message
>> Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' the
>> other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.
>>

> A former colleague, a Muslim, was served bacon once. They told him it was
> beef bacon - yeah right!!

I was once at a party hosted by a muslim (with a non-muslim wife) . They
served ham. It was just after the Iranian revolution. The host quipped
that if he were to serve ham back home in Iran it would be his head that
ended up on the platter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> On 4/7/2013 12:31 PM, graham wrote:
>> "Christopher M." > wrote in message
>>> Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives'
>>> the
>>> other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.
>>>

>> A former colleague, a Muslim, was served bacon once. They told him it was
>> beef bacon - yeah right!!
>> Graham
>>

> You might find it in a Kosher store. How the customers acquired a taste
> for bacon I don't know :-) Real bacon is definitely better and there's
> also turkey bacon if you want to try something different. I've seen that
> in Trader Joe's.

At lunch at a Chinese restaurant, he allowed a Chines colleague to do all
the ordering. He was particularly enthusiastic about a "beef" dish not
realising that it was pork.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/04/2013 12:25 PM, l not -l wrote:

> To me, that sounds about as appetizing as turkey bacon. IMO, bacon can
> only come from pork belly and the only acceptable alternative, preferred
> in some uses, is smoked jowl.

Well, it definitely has to be pork. I just finished my brunch, which
included a couple slices of side bacon and a slice of peameal bacon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jay" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Christopher M." > wrote:
>
>> Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' the
>> other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> I saw that too.. and have tried beef bacon. Didn't like it as "bacon"
> and it was pretty expensive as I remember. Much prefer pig bacon for
> both flavor and price.
>
> jay

Yeah. Pork fat rules.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" > wrote in message

> On 7-Apr-2013, "Christopher M." > wrote:
>
>> Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives'
>> the
>> other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.

> To me, that sounds about as appetizing as turkey bacon. IMO, bacon can
> only come from pork belly and the only acceptable alternative, preferred
> in some uses, is smoked jowl.

Cochon de lait is nice too

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message

> "James Silverton" > wrote in message
>>>>

>>> A former colleague, a Muslim, was served bacon once. They told him it
>>> was
>>> beef bacon - yeah right!!
>>> Graham
>>>

>> You might find it in a Kosher store. How the customers acquired a taste
>> for bacon I don't know :-) Real bacon is definitely better and there's
>> also turkey bacon if you want to try something different. I've seen that
>> in Trader Joe's.

> At lunch at a Chinese restaurant, he allowed a Chines colleague to do all
> the ordering. He was particularly enthusiastic about a "beef" dish not
> realising that it was pork.
> Graham

Sounds like General Tsu's/Gao's chicken, or chicken-fried pork.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 7, 12:59*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 07/04/2013 12:31 PM, graham wrote:
>
> > "Christopher M." > wrote in message
> >> Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' the
> >> other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.

> > A former colleague, a Muslim, was served bacon once. They told him it was
> > beef bacon - yeah right!!

> I was once at a party hosted by a muslim (with a non-muslim wife) . They
> served ham. It was just after the Iranian revolution. The host quipped
> that if he were to serve ham back home in Iran it would be his head that
> ended up on the platter.

you moron. they're not going to execute someone for eating ham in
Iran.
You believe lot's of crap don't you???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 10:58:28 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

> Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' the
> other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.

Sounds perfectly awful!

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/04/2013 6:00 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 10:58:28 -0400, "Christopher M."
> > wrote:
>
>> Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' the
>> other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.
>>

> Sounds perfectly awful!

As mentioned before, my local Dutch butcher makes and sells beef bacon.
Maybe I should try some and see what it is like. It might be a skewed
sample because they make incredible bacon and peameal bacon. When my
son comes to visit he usually makes a point of going to the Dutch
butcher to get some back bacon, peameal and breakfast sausage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 15:00:12 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 10:58:28 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:
>
>> Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' the
>> other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.
>>

>Sounds perfectly awful!

It is. In some Muslim countries they use a chicken based bacon on
halal beef burgers. .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 22:41:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 15:00:12 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 10:58:28 -0400, "Christopher M."
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Anyone using beef bacon? I was watching 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' the
> >> other day. Someone made a sandwich with beef bacon.
> >>

> >Sounds perfectly awful!

> It is. In some Muslim countries they use a chicken based bacon on
> halal beef burgers. .

Ugh! How did you come to know that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 22:41:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 15:00:12 -0700, sf > wrote:

>> >Sounds perfectly awful!

>> It is. In some Muslim countries they use a chicken based bacon on
>> halal beef burgers. .

> Ugh! How did you come to know that?

Why ugh? We have turkey bacon here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:06:20 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> news

> >> It is. In some Muslim countries they use a chicken based bacon on
> >> halal beef burgers. .

> > Ugh! How did you come to know that?

> Why ugh? We have turkey bacon here.

Ick!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:06:20 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > Ugh! How did you come to know that?

>> Why ugh? We have turkey bacon here.
>>

> Ick!

True but I wouldn't think chicken would be any worse.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 20:36:10 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 22:41:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 15:00:12 -0700, sf > wrote:

>> >Sounds perfectly awful!

>> It is. In some Muslim countries they use a chicken based bacon on
>> halal beef burgers. .

>Ugh! How did you come to know that?

It was on a show called "Fast Food Goes Global". Amazing what
McDonalds, Subway, Dominoes and so forth serve in Singapore, Taiwan,
India, etc.

Pizza with mustard, pizza with a layer of cheesecake, sandwiches with
wasabi mayo, lots of hot peppers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:06:20 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> Ugh! How did you come to know that?

>> Why ugh? We have turkey bacon here.
>>

> Ick!

I like my turkey bacon, low salt too.
I also like my turkey pepperoni.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gregz > wrote:
> sf > wrote:
>> On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:06:20 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> Why ugh? We have turkey bacon here.
>>>

>> Ick!

> I like my turkey bacon, low salt too.
> I also like my turkey pepperoni.
>

> Greg

I hear wild boar bacon is the best.

Greg

Beef bacon Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 0 02-06-2013 05:19 PM
Beef Bacon Becca General Cooking 17 26-08-2007 07:18 PM
Beef bacon Nancy Young General Cooking 20 04-12-2005 03:33 PM
Chicken with Chipped Beef and Bacon lindatn Recipes (moderated) 0 09-12-2004 01:30 PM
You guys ever heard of beef bacon? SonoranDude Barbecue 25 15-03-2004 08:55 PM