Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

Default Costco bananas don't seem to ever ripen (what's the trick)?

Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg

What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 01:35:23 +0000 (UTC), "Francis C." >
wrote:

>Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
> http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
>
>What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

Take them out of the plastic bag....like you have in the bowl in your
photo. Or buy nearly ripe bananas.

Black spots on the peel, indicate sugar sweetness. If the peel turns
black, made banana nut bread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 6:35*pm, "Francis C." > wrote:
> Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
> *http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
>
> What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

My experience with very green bananas.... they often "go bad" before
they ripen.

The ripen process involves the release & the action of ethylene gas.
I typically use a ripe banana to "force ripen" tomatoes.

You can do the same with bananas.
Put the unripe bananas in a brown paper bad along with a ripe apple.
The ethylene gas from the apple will help ripen the bananas.

The paper bag will help concentrate the ethylene gas but not retain
moisture which would encourage the bananas to mold.

cheers
Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

Oren > wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 01:35:23 +0000 (UTC), "Francis C." >
> wrote:
>
>> Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
>> http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
>>
>> What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

> Take them out of the plastic bag....like you have in the bowl in your
> photo. Or buy nearly ripe bananas.
>
> Black spots on the peel, indicate sugar sweetness. If the peel turns
> black, made banana nut bread.

Overripe bananas are great for smoothies too.

Peel and freeze them if too many go bad before you can use them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

DD_BobK wrote:
> On Mar 24, 6:35 pm, "Francis C." > wrote:
>> Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
>> http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
>>
>> What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

> My experience with very green bananas.... they often "go bad" before
> they ripen.
>
> The ripen process involves the release & the action of ethylene gas.
> I typically use a ripe banana to "force ripen" tomatoes.
>
> You can do the same with bananas.
> Put the unripe bananas in a brown paper bad along with a ripe apple.
> The ethylene gas from the apple will help ripen the bananas.
>
> The paper bag will help concentrate the ethylene gas but not retain
> moisture which would encourage the bananas to mold.
>
> cheers
> Bob

I've had a problem with bananas not ripening. Don't know why. Not Costco
bananas though. Those things come loaded with so many fruit flies, I won't
ever buy them again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Mar 25, 1:35*am, "Francis C." > wrote:
> Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
> *http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
>
> What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

The trick is ethylene gas. Given off by (over)ripe fruit.
Put your green bananas in a closed container with other over ripe
fruit.
The ethylene gas given off by the over ripe fruit will ripen your
bananas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylen...fruits#Storage
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

In article >, "Francis C." >
wrote:

> Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
> http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
>
> What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

I remember once reading that if bananas are ever ever allowed to go
below 40°F, they will never ripen.

However, this article suggest even higher temperatures than 40°F
can/will permanently stall ripening. See the 'ripening' heading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana

Erik
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

Francis C. wrote:

> Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
> http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
> What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

I had immediately put a ripe banana and apple in the bags,
leaving one bag as a control.

Here is the current result, after three days:

I'd say, so far, it's a failure; but maybe time will tell.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 9:35*pm, "Francis C." > wrote:
> Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
> *http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
>
> What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

Wish I had that problem. I buy three at a time and they ripen very
fast. My market sells Chiquitas by bulk.

I let em sit in an open wooden bowl.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

Francis C.wrote:
>Francis C. wrote:
>
>> Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
>> http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
>> What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

>I had immediately put a ripe banana and apple in the bags,
>leaving one bag as a control.
>Here is the current result, after three days:
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12520377.jpg
>I'd say, so far, it's a failure; but maybe time will tell.

Can take a lot longer than three days...
Costco doesn't grow bananas, they buy from the same wholesaler that
all the other area stores buy from... the larger stores like Costco
buy in large volume so get the freshest bananas... retail stores
prefer to buy greener bananas... if they ripen too much before they
can sell them they end up in the trash bin. Those plastic banana bags
have large holes punched in them (I can see the holes in your photo),
the ethylene gas produced by the apple and the bananas themselves is
escaping... using those leaky bags is almost like using no bag at all.
Bananas are purposely placed in ventilated bags so that they don't
ripen too quickly, it's difficult to sell overly ripe bananas. The
bananas in the bags with the apple do look slightly riper (more
yellowish) than the bag with no apple all way to the right. If you're
in a big hurry use bags that don't leak... but those bananas will
ripen on their own if left out on the counter with no bag and with no
help at all if you have patience... bananas are harvested very green
so they can survive shipping, you obviously chose the the greenest of
the green, was probably a just arrived shipment. Usually the produce
manager will put the older/riper bananas out first but often in stores
that sell bananas cheap they sell too fast for much in-store ripening.
Btw, most folks complain that bananas ripen too fast, consider
yourself fortunate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Mar 27, 6:02*am, "Francis C." > wrote:
> Francis C. wrote:
> > Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
> > *http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
> > What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

> I had immediately put a ripe banana and apple in the bags,
> leaving one bag as a control.
>
> Here is the current result, after three days:
> *http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12520377.jpg
>
> I'd say, so far, it's a failure; but maybe time will tell.

Two comments...

1) Paper bag was suggested (I have never attempted to ripen fruit in
a plastic bag...only paper)
2) Perhaps there is truth to "the less than 40F exposure prevents
ripening" ?
3) Create additoonal condition
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Mar 27, 7:52*am, Brooklyn1 > wrote:
BIG SNIP

>>>Those plastic banana bags

have large holes punched in them (I can see the holes in your photo),
the ethylene gas produced by the apple and the bananas themselves is
escaping... using those leaky bags is almost like using no bag at
all.
Bananas are purposely placed in ventilated bags so that they don't
ripen too quickly, it's difficult to sell overly ripe bananas. The
bananas in the bags with the apple do look slightly riper (more
yellowish) than the bag with no apple all way to the right. If
you're
in a big hurry use bags that don't leak... but those bananas will
ripen on their own if left out on the counter with no bag and with no
help at all if you have patience... bananas are harvested very green
so they can survive shipping, you obviously chose the the greenest of
the green, was probably a just arrived shipment.<<

+1 ...I missed the holes in the plastic bags, good catch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

DD_BobK wrote:

> +1 ...I missed the holes in the plastic bags, good catch.

I will switch to clear un-holed plastic bags.

This isn't the first time I've had the Costco bananas not ripen,
but, maybe I just didn't wait long enough.

There was no way NOT to get green bananas, as that's all they
had when I bought them. Must have been a fresh shipment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

Brooklyn1 wrote on Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:52:33 -0400:

Why would a "paper" bag be any different than a plastic bag for
ripening fruits?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Mar 27, 4:40*pm, "Francis C." > wrote:
> DD_BobK wrote:
> > +1 ...I missed the holes in the plastic bags, good catch.

> I will switch to clear un-holed plastic bags.
>
> This isn't the first time I've had the Costco bananas not ripen,
> but, maybe I just didn't wait long enough.
>
> There was no way NOT to get green bananas, as that's all they
> had when I bought them. Must have been a fresh shipment.

If you want to extend the experiment,
keep a bag with holes

& switch to plastic bag w/o holes
but.....
my experience that I shared was with a paper bag (specifically size 8,
oversized lunch bag)

plastic w/o holes may be too mositure tight, rot before ripen?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 23:40:21 +0000 (UTC), "Francis C." >
wrote:

>DD_BobK wrote:
>
>> +1 ...I missed the holes in the plastic bags, good catch.

>I will switch to clear un-holed plastic bags.

I'd use a paper bag. Plastic bags tend to allow the fruit to go moldy
long before paper.

>This isn't the first time I've had the Costco bananas not ripen,
>but, maybe I just didn't wait long enough.
>
>There was no way NOT to get green bananas, as that's all they
>had when I bought them. Must have been a fresh shipment.

Supermarkets have ripening rooms and they control how the banana
reaches the selling floor. Maybe Costco does not do it well.
http://www.ripeningrooms.com/home.aspx
http://abullseyeview.com/infographic...ipening-rooms/
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Mar 27, 4:46*pm, andrew s > wrote:

> Why would a "paper" bag be any different than a plastic bag for
> ripening fruits?

I'm not sure, I was told (or read) to use a paper bag...like a lunch
sized bag.

My guess >>>

closed bag is to increase the concentration of ethylene gas, paper bag
to allow bananas to "breath".
Thus preventing rot by not allowing liquid water (condensation) to
accumulate.

Don't know "why" for sure but in my experience paper bags just work.
YMMV

cheers
Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:33:12 -0700 (PDT), DD_BobK >
wrote:

>plastic w/o holes may be too mositure tight, rot before ripen?

....kind of related

Crime scene evidence with possible DNA, body fluids, etc is stored in
paper bags. Keeps it from deteriorating faster.

Other evidence is okay in plastic bags.

Back to the topic -- some say to put an avocado in a dark kitchen
cabinet with no bag and it will ripen faster than sitting on the
counter.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>DD_BobK wrote:
>
>> +1 ...I missed the holes in the plastic bags, good catch.

>I will switch to clear un-holed plastic bags.
>
>This isn't the first time I've had the Costco bananas not ripen,
>but, maybe I just didn't wait long enough.
>
>There was no way NOT to get green bananas, as that's all they
>had when I bought them. Must have been a fresh shipment.

I buy Costco bananas all the time. It takes a couple days before
they are ripe enough to eat and then every one of them ripens and you
have to eat fast or freeze them. You can keep ripe bananas in the
refrigerator for a couple of days to hold them from spoiling. The
refrigerator will turn the skins black but that doesn't harm the
insides.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 22:36:10 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 23:40:21 +0000 (UTC), "Francis C." >
>wrote:
>
>>DD_BobK wrote:
>>
>>> +1 ...I missed the holes in the plastic bags, good catch.

>>I will switch to clear un-holed plastic bags.
>>

>I'd use a paper bag. Plastic bags tend to allow the fruit to go moldy
>long before paper.
>

>>This isn't the first time I've had the Costco bananas not ripen,
>>but, maybe I just didn't wait long enough.
>>
>>There was no way NOT to get green bananas, as that's all they
>>had when I bought them. Must have been a fresh shipment.

>Supermarkets have ripening rooms and they control how the banana
>reaches the selling floor. Maybe Costco does not do it well.
>http://www.ripeningrooms.com/home.aspx
>http://abullseyeview.com/infographic...ipening-rooms/

I wouldn't use plastic either. Plastic traps moisture and allows
fruit to get moldy. Use a paper bag. I really don't see why you need
a bag at all as they will ripen by themselves given time.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

DD_BobK wrote:

> plastic w/o holes may be too mositure tight, rot before ripen?

Ah, makes sense.

Since I have 4 bags of bananas, I'll do this:
1. Control (unopened plastic bag)
2. Apple with bananas (paper bag)
3. Banana with bananas (paper bag)
4. Apple with bananas (plastic bag)
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2013 9:57 AM, Francis C. wrote:
> DD_BobK wrote:
>
>> plastic w/o holes may be too mositure tight, rot before ripen?

> Ah, makes sense.
>
> Since I have 4 bags of bananas, I'll do this:
> 1. Control (unopened plastic bag)
> 2. Apple with bananas (paper bag)
> 3. Banana with bananas (paper bag)
> 4. Apple with bananas (plastic bag)

I look forward to the results!

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

James Silverton wrote:

> I look forward to the results!

Bummer. I don't have any small paper bags.
So, I just left them (since Sunday) in the plastic bags.
Here's the result, Friday morning:

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2013 12:43 PM, Francis C. wrote:
> James Silverton wrote:
>
>> I look forward to the results!

> Bummer. I don't have any small paper bags.
> So, I just left them (since Sunday) in the plastic bags.
> Here's the result, Friday morning:
> http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12537441.jpg

The ones on the left look most promising but even I, who don't like
really ripe bananas, think they have a way to go. My ideal, naturally
ripened, banana has a clear yellow skin with, at most, a few brown
spots. Many people would not consider my favorites really ripe but I
like them sweet with a slight sub-acid taste.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair,sci.bio.food-science

James Silverton wrote:

>> Here's the result, Friday morning:
>> http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12537441.jpg

> The ones on the left look most promising but even I, who don't like
> really ripe bananas, think they have a way to go

Interestingly, look at the difference a day makes!

Here's the same set Friday evening:

Both apples came from the same batch, but one is
really working those bananas, while the other must
be working for the DMV.

Meanwhile, the control is still as green as my lawn,
almost a week after buying them from Costco!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair,sci.bio.food-science

On 3/30/2013 1:19 AM, Francis C. wrote:
> James Silverton wrote:
>
>>> Here's the result, Friday morning:
>>> http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12537441.jpg

>> The ones on the left look most promising but even I, who don't like
>> really ripe bananas, think they have a way to go

> Interestingly, look at the difference a day makes!
>
> Here's the same set Friday evening:
> http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12541714.jpg
>
> Both apples came from the same batch, but one is
> really working those bananas, while the other must
> be working for the DMV.
>
> Meanwhile, the control is still as green as my lawn,
> almost a week after buying them from Costco!

Yes, now we have to figure out what was different about the apples.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On 03/29/2013 09:58 AM, James Silverton wrote:
> On 3/29/2013 12:43 PM, Francis C. wrote:
>> James Silverton wrote:
>>
>>> I look forward to the results!

>> Bummer. I don't have any small paper bags.
>> So, I just left them (since Sunday) in the plastic bags.
>> Here's the result, Friday morning:
>> http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12537441.jpg
>>

> The ones on the left look most promising but even I, who don't like
> really ripe bananas, think they have a way to go. My ideal, naturally
> ripened, banana has a clear yellow skin with, at most, a few brown
> spots. Many people would not consider my favorites really ripe but I
> like them sweet with a slight sub-acid taste.

Sounds about right to me, I don't like any brown spots on my bananas,
just yellow with a little green is about right for me.

Jon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 05:19:38 +0000 (UTC), "Francis C." >
wrote:

> James Silverton wrote:
>
> >> Here's the result, Friday morning:
> >> http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12537441.jpg

> > The ones on the left look most promising but even I, who don't like
> > really ripe bananas, think they have a way to go

> Interestingly, look at the difference a day makes!
>
> Here's the same set Friday evening:
> http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12541714.jpg
>
> Both apples came from the same batch, but one is
> really working those bananas, while the other must
> be working for the DMV.
>
> Meanwhile, the control is still as green as my lawn,
> almost a week after buying them from Costco!

You never said why you bought so much at once, but I'd only want one
of those packages ripe at a time anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 08:33:01 -0400, James Silverton
> wrote:

> Yes, now we have to figure out what was different about the apples.

I'm guessing one was coated with wax and the other one wasn't - even
if it wasn't applied, they develop their own natural coating.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

sf wrote:

> You never said why you bought so much at once,
> but I'd only want one of those packages ripe at a time

It's the normal amount I buy for the family.
Normally I get 'em yellow at the supermarket.

In the past, the Costco bananas never ripened.
I don't know why.

But, I'm learning.

Notice today, one week and one day later, just the
ONE with one of the apples (unwaxed I presume) has
ripened.

The rest are still green!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 15:36:44 +0000 (UTC), "Francis C." >
wrote:

>In the past, the Costco bananas never ripened.
>I don't know why.

Must be the Del Monte brand. I never have a problem with Chiquita
bananas. Just the opposite. They ripen fast.

>But, I'm learning.
> http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12565358.jpg
>
>Notice today, one week and one day later, just the
>ONE with one of the apples (unwaxed I presume) has
>ripened.
>
>The rest are still green!

The apples look waxed to me as they a very shinny (in the bowl). Look
in the core dimple on top. The area is not shinny, that I see.

You might take the third bag with the apple and cut the apple in half
or quarters and place them back in the bag.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Francis C. wrote:
> Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
> http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
>
> What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

The trick of finding ripe bananas (which isn't what you asked for)
is to look for them in the reduced produce area. God forbid that
unsightly ripe bananas should grace the shelves of normal produce.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 21:53:05 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Francis C. wrote:
>> Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
>> http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
>>
>> What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?
>>

>The trick of finding ripe bananas (which isn't what you asked for)
>is to look for them in the reduced produce area. God forbid that
>unsightly ripe bananas should grace the shelves of normal produce.

Some of the best tasting and ripest fruit comes from the "used food"
cart. I always check it out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair,sci.bio.food-science

Jean B. wrote:

> The trick of finding ripe bananas (which isn't what you asked for)

The problem was that, at Costco, all they had was green, and greener.
In the past, they NEVER ripened - which is why I asked (they 'must'
be ripening for someone or they'd never be able to sell 'em).

Anyway, here are the four bags of bananas, which were bought two
Sunday's ago, so it has been 10 days to date.

Notice only ONE bag ripened.

So, I took the liberty of adding a few more inducements to the
bags (leaving the control alone).

I suspect the control will NEVER ripen, and I'll have to throw
it away - but - I'll let the banana prove me right or wrong on
its own.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair,sci.bio.food-science

"Francis C." > wrote in message ...
> Jean B. wrote:
>
>> The trick of finding ripe bananas (which isn't what you asked for)

> The problem was that, at Costco, all they had was green, and greener.
> In the past, they NEVER ripened - which is why I asked (they 'must'
> be ripening for someone or they'd never be able to sell 'em).
>
> Anyway, here are the four bags of bananas, which were bought two
> Sunday's ago, so it has been 10 days to date.
>
> Notice only ONE bag ripened.
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12582862.jpg
>
> So, I took the liberty of adding a few more inducements to the
> bags (leaving the control alone).
>
> I suspect the control will NEVER ripen, and I'll have to throw
> it away - but - I'll let the banana prove me right or wrong on
> its own.

why not return it to Costco for a refund?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair,sci.bio.food-science

Pico Rico wrote:

> why not return it to Costco for a refund?

The point is to figure out HOW to get them to ripen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair,sci.bio.food-science

On 4/3/2013 12:36 PM, Francis C. wrote:

> Jean B. wrote:
>
>> The trick of finding ripe bananas (which isn't what you asked for)

> The problem was that, at Costco, all they had was green, and greener.
> In the past, they NEVER ripened - which is why I asked (they 'must'
> be ripening for someone or they'd never be able to sell 'em).
>
> Anyway, here are the four bags of bananas, which were bought two
> Sunday's ago, so it has been 10 days to date.
>
> Notice only ONE bag ripened.
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12582862.jpg
>
> So, I took the liberty of adding a few more inducements to the
> bags (leaving the control alone).
>
> I suspect the control will NEVER ripen, and I'll have to throw
> it away - but - I'll let the banana prove me right or wrong on
> its own.

Maybe you're not to supposed to leave them in the sealed plastic bag
once taken home. Your control group seems to suggest that. The rest
was interesting, with the apples and all.

--
CAPSLOCK€“Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/13 3:58 AM, Cheryl wrote:

> Maybe you're not to supposed to leave them in the sealed plastic bag
> once taken home....

You're not. Place them in brownpaper bags to ripen.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

Francis C. wrote:

> Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
> http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg
>
> What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

UPDATE: 2 weeks later

a. I bought 4 DelMonte banana plastic bags at Costco (Sunday 3/30)
b. I put a ripe apple in two & a yellow banana in one.
c. One of the apple banana bags ripened (and has subsequently been eaten)
d. I added MORE APPLES to the one bag (including the magic apple)
e. I removed the now-wholly-brown ripening banana (which had failed)
f. Now it's exactly two weeks later

March 29th:

April 1st:

April 7th:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Francis C." > wrote:
> Pico Rico wrote:
>
>> why not return it to Costco for a refund?

> The point is to figure out HOW to get them to ripen.

I never buy green bananas. The only time I buy bagged bananas, is when they
are by the paper bag full, discounted. Half price or less. Go to a real
grocery.

Greg